[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Okay so what's the real deal with the alleged height reduction
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 81
Thread images: 8
File: tumblr_n2kylhw4pc1rjwa86o1_500.gif (752 KB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n2kylhw4pc1rjwa86o1_500.gif
752 KB, 480x270
Okay so what's the real deal with the alleged height reduction on HRT?

I've perused tons of message boards and threads of this question, and the answers are always like 50/50 "yeah I lost an inch or two" and "NO it will NEVER happen this is CONFIRMED by SCIENCE"

I could probably deal with my height never changing, but if there is a possibility that I'll lose an inch or two that would be awesome since I'd be at least shorter than the average guy.
>>
btw, I am not exaggerating the aggressive tone there. Those posts all sound like that.
>>
Your muscles will shrink and the space in between the joints will get smaller, including the discs in your back. If you have a lot of muscle as a man, your skeleton stretches out to accomodate it.
It's also likely that the curvature of your spine will change, as well as the angle of your pelvis. These are true no matter what age you start at.

Add all this up and? It's totally possible to lose an inch of height, or even two.

There's one girl on here who went from 5'9 to 5'6, but her case was extremely rare apparently.
>>
>>5310050

>space in between your joints will get smaller

Wow, women must never be able to move then. Derp.

>your skeleton stretches out to accommodate it

Yeah, human bone is flexible like that.

>curvature of your spine will change

Which would affect at most maybe a quarter inch, unless you're struck with some full-blown scoliosis. Funny how most biological women manage to have straight spines.

>These are true no matter what age you start

Attention old people: cell death is no excuse for having your body become frail and less prone to growth or adaptation!
>>
>>5310080
>mfw bitter hon detected
>>
Yeah I've also noticed that whenever this question is asked the thread will get several replies about losing like an inch or so, which will all get downvoted, and then at the top will be the official medical disclaimer that it doesn't happen.
>>
>>5310195
Sounds like we've stumbled upon a conspiracy...
>>
you lose maybe an inch from the discs of connective tissue between your vertebrae shrinking. Maybe some other stuff happens I don't know I'm not an anthropologist. I'm about an inch shorter than I used to be.
>>
>>5310050
She probably hunches over like a retard. You can't lose 3 inches of height that's not how our bodies are designed. I also just read about a girl on reddit saying she gained 3 inches to her hips in 1.5 months of hrt. Most trans people are delusional
>>
>>5310678
Yeah I get the feeling it's bitter hons that are angry that hormones didn't transform them the same way they transformed other girls.
Women are catty, big surprise.
>>
>>5310024
No it will NEVER happen it is CONFIRMED by SCIENCE
>>
>>5310728
I've seen her pictures and it's actually amazing how much she looks like a high school girl.
I see her before and after pics and it's this blurry picture of her looking like a 14 year old boy that says 5'9" and then a picture of her as a girl that literally looks 14 that says 5'6".
Is she bullshitting? Maybe, but it's an interesting case. She was posting in a trap thread on /r9k/ and that's how I heard about her supposed medical anomaly.
>>
There's also the possibility she was mismeasured when younger. All through my late teens I thought I was 5'9"-5'10" or so but my favorite boots at the time had a platform I never noticed, and I don't believe anyone else did. Maybe it was the curls or the boots, or maybe I shrunk like mad....

all I know is I was measured 5'9"-5'10" in the past by my doctors... and I'm now 5'7". I'm assuming its a mixture of bad measuring before and a little lost height myself
>>
>>5310168
Or rather, they have a compelling argument and you're upset that their tone was aggressive.

It's true though. There is so much misinformation about things like this in /lgbt/. A common example is ''Don't eat foods high in zinc because that'll increase your testosterone!'' Being deficient in an essential mineral is going to make you more feminine, kek.

And why call them a hon? IIRC hons are the ones who don't care how tall or manly they look, and promote the whole ''passing is overrated'' bullshit. You felt insulted, and you're trying to insult them back. Good job. A wonderful contribution to the community.
>>
>>5310755
http://www.oarsijournal.com/article/S1063-4584(06)00331-1/abstract
It is a scientific fact that women have thinner cartilage and smaller joint surfaces than men. this does not render them "unable to move" but rather naturally shorter and more flexible than men.
In between your vertebrae are discs that are made out of cartilage. If you replace your male hormones with female hormones, these will get smaller.
His argument wasn't compelling, it was inaccurate and displayed a flagrant lack of knowledge about human anatomy and sexual dismorphism.
>>
>>5310024
In my experience, I have lost no height. I started at 16 and am currently 19. I was 5'8" when I started and am still 5'8" now. I probably dip into the 5'7" 's at night but I'm definitely 5'8" nonetheless.
>>
>>5310781
I'm 5'10", and still am after 20 months HRT. On the other hand, I went from size 13 to size 11 shoes. I literally have over 100 times as many shoe options now.

I'd love to loose 2", but I'm doubting it will happen now.
>>
Hey whatsup 21 pre-HRT here
What are my chances that my bones are still growing?
My dad told me he didn't stop growing until his mid 20s
>>
>>5316270
I think you aren't completely finished developing until some time between 18 and 25, depending on your genetics

I could be wrong though
>>
>>5310024
that picture is what i imagine kayla looks like on an ordinary day (only more hon)
>>
>>5310781
Well yeah, if you started at 16 you were like mid way through puberty, you'd probably have ended up over 6ft if you hadn't started so early.
>>
>>5313841
Wait. Feet get smaller?!
>>
>>5316437
Yes, just like height only some people have shoe size reductions. 1 to 2 sizes is the usual amount with a few 3 size drops reported.
>>
>>5317499
That makes me very happy
>>
>>5317499
How many years do you have to be on HRT to see effects like this?
>>
>>5316437
I dropped from an EU 44 to a 42.5. Some 42ish shoes I do fit in now, which is about as far as womens shoe sizes go commonly.
Lucked the fuck out there.
>>
>>5317499
YES
>>
ITT: shoelust intensifies

... C'mon, size 10! I wanna buy shoes in store.
>>
Shoes I bought 6 months ago are becoming really loose, so I am gonna need to buy all new shoes next summer. Shoe size changing is definitely a thing.
>>
>>5322008
>tfw size 10 fits but it hurts
>>
I went from 5'9 to 5'7 and have the marks on the wall to prove it. I don't know how, or why, but it's true. Measurements were taken at the same place and time of day to account for the average height variations everyone goes through throughout the day, so that's not out. I have no idea what the hell happened, but it did.
>>
>>5322340
Then you're not a size 10, sorry.
>>
>>5323093
I hate you.
>>
>>5323175
No, you don't hate the person who tells you the truth. You hate all the people who will gawk at you for being a girl with big feet. You hate people who hate trans people enough that they will analyze every square inch of their bodies to point out the things that don't "pass".
>>
>>5316437

i went from at least size 10 men's UK to size 9 women's which is like 3 sizes or something. shoe sizes are kinda all over the place though.
>>
>>5323306
How long did it take?
>>
>>5323260
No, I'm pretty sure what she REALLY hates is that most retailers carry hundreds of styles at size 10, and maybe a dozen above that.
>>
>>5323388

not that long it was one of the first things to happen. a year? but it's different for everyone.
>>
>>5323694
OK.

20 months and I was going to say just one size, but I just measured and my feet are 1/8" shorter than they were a few months ago. I'm a bit older than you so it may just be taking more time for the cartilage to be reformed smaller.
>>
>>5323791

quite possibly.
>>
File: 1433744094218.jpg (511 KB, 1422x1422) Image search: [Google]
1433744094218.jpg
511 KB, 1422x1422
>>5310024
>there is literally L I T E R A L L Y nothing that can be done about shoulder size
>>
>>5325777
Lots of women have broad shoulders. Is it that big a deal?
>>
>>5327078
not this big
and even then they don't have all the other clearly masculine traits on top of it
>>
You lose some height as back, neck, jaw, and feet atrophy. It's not usually a lot, but it's noticeable on dudes that were bulky before going womanly. Then it's a thing where people will assume you're shorter based on how femme you are.

HRT does not effect the spine, or the dimensions of any other part of your skeleton.
>>
>>5327192
Sounds promising. I have a lot of muscle that won't seem to go away no matter what I do.
>>
>>5325777
Actually part of the shoulder bulk comes from muscle so that could go down a little bit
>>
>>5310024
I lost an inch in height in 10 months on hormones and I lost a shoe size. I used to be super muscular and athletic though so yeah that was just from muscle loss. If you are skinny before hrt then don't hold any hopes on losing height.
>>
yeah it happens slightly, but it is musculature like people say. so it has shit in common with what happens to elderly people. don't sit inside all day and get scoliosis, undoubtedly some of us prob do

i'm 160cm now, but i was almost 165cm at my tallest as a teenager. nobody's likely lying here. unless this was a canada-only thing only up until recently, you probably all have medical charts
>>
>>5327078
it is when you are wider than most men...
>>
>>5327078
lots of women are tall, have narrow hips, masculine facial features, and big hands and feet ;^) is it that big a deal?
>>
File: g.jpg (480 KB, 2400x1790) Image search: [Google]
g.jpg
480 KB, 2400x1790
>not being queen
lol (laughing out loud)
>>
>>5328721
49% dating pool, not too bad
>>
>>5328721
>56.8%

huh well, at least it's not 1%
>>
>>5310050
>It's also likely that the curvature of your spine will change, as well as the angle of your pelvis.
You mean it is also likely you will get bad posture in an attempt to convince yourself you got shorter?

Tall trannies have some of the worst posture you'll ever see.
>>
File: blush chitose 2.jpg (49 KB, 647x365) Image search: [Google]
blush chitose 2.jpg
49 KB, 647x365
>>5310024
19 y/o MTF here, i've been on HRT for about 8 months.

i used to be a tiny bit above ~6'1 and now i'm almost 6'0

i don't know how it works but i'm not complaining
>>
5'6" girl master race.
>>
>>5330219
hormones -> ligaments moving around -> hips rotate forwards -> spine curves more -> now you're shorter
>>
>>5330351
see image in (>>5330173) for a stupid-looking over-exaggerated version of what i mean that should get the point across well. basically, your hips are now more suited for somebody to come up and fuck you from behind at random
>>
>>5329117
It's done against your will from what I can gather. Your spine curves to counterbalance the way your weight shifts.
>>
File: evil-beru-smile.jpg (241 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
evil-beru-smile.jpg
241 KB, 1920x1080
>>5330366
> your hips are now more suited for somebody to come up and fuck you from behind at random
>>
>>5330391
>the way your weight shifts
I have never seen any trans girl with significant enough changes to cause that.

Trans girls have tiny tits and no ass. What weight would even shift?
>>
>>5330351
Lordosis isn't healthy.
>>
>>5331945
Losing your torso muscles maybe?
>>
>>5331945
the shoulders as they hunch them and the butt as they arch their back
>>
>>5330756
This was kekworthy when you don't know the context
>>
File: 1401086074814.jpg (26 KB, 381x363) Image search: [Google]
1401086074814.jpg
26 KB, 381x363
>>5310024
I grew a bit taller
>>
>>5331945
What is fun is I already have a nice booty and legs from almost the moment I started HRT. Gotta love those Greek booty genes.
>>
>>5335641
Yeah, I'm sure. Just like PoTC's "hour glass" figure.
>>
>>5330219
Height changes depending on how long you've been stood all day, and when you measure. Gravity compresses your spine. An inch worth of difference will be due to that rather than HRT.
Measure your height the moment you're out of bed.
>>
File: Side View.jpg (436 KB, 964x2407) Image search: [Google]
Side View.jpg
436 KB, 964x2407
>>5337038
I dunno, let me know.
>>
>>5339351
why are you holding your tummy like that? are you expecting a baby growing there?
>>
They measured me for my drivers license @5'10. My family also kept measurements of me, my brothers, and my sisters (by making marks on a wall and writing down the height).

My doctor recently checked my height and it's 5'7. He said that the effects are HRT are still not fully known and that questions like its effect on height are still not known, so it's entirely possible I've shrunk in height.
>>
>>5339362
Nah, I was just standing that way I guess. I just wanted my arm out of the way and didn't want to hold my arms above my head.
>>
>>5339380

They actually measure you? At the MVC (NJ's DMV) in my city, I get the feeling if I put I was 3'7" they wouldn't give a shit.
>>
>>5339460
Yeah, but it probably varies state to state and DMV to DMV (and maybe even employee to employee). I think most of them just ask and take whatever you say because they're too busy to have time to do anything else.
>>
>>5322008
I'm certain 10 is better than larger sizes, but you'll still be fucked buying size 10 in stores.

It cuts deep when the shopkeeps give me that look of pity when I ask if they have a pair of shoes in 9.5 or 10 and they check and there's none.

Also FWIW my feet did not shrink at all.
>>
>>5339380
When did you start? I'm guessing sometime around 17-18 since driver's license
>>
File: 1446653426213.jpg (109 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
1446653426213.jpg
109 KB, 640x640
>>5339685
>...still be fucked...
*Sometimes*. Which is a giant step up from current *always*.

> FWIW my feet did not shrink
How could this possibly help?
>>
>>5339883
20 for HRT.

>>5339956
I've only been able to buy shoes once... running shoes, in a sports store, and it was an old edition of some newer running shoes that I actually was looking for. I've never been able to buy shoes in stores otherwise. So I guess 1/100s of attempts is better than 0/100s of attempts, but I wouldn't call it a giant step up.
>How could this possibly help?
Just weighing in. anon... there was some people saying their feet shrunk and I had no luck there.
>>
>>5339351
Where's the butt?
>>
>>5340141
Really? Crazy. I think I may live in a bigger-footed region than you do. I can even find size 11s in stores every once in a long while. Just, the size 11s are never cute.
Thread replies: 81
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.