[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do so many gays like musicals?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: phantom-of-the-opera.jpg (1 MB, 2835x1886) Image search: [Google]
phantom-of-the-opera.jpg
1 MB, 2835x1886
Why do so many gays like musicals?
>>
because we've usually been told to shut up and hide and in musical everyone signs and is happy.
>>
>>5300377
>in musical everyone signs and is happy
That's why I hate them.
>>
>>5300182
The same reason that they fit any other stereotype. The flamboyant, lisping, limp-wristed, musical loving, fashionista gay trope has been drilled into our heads by the western media to the point where we find it necessary to act as the same way ourselves. If you look at gay/bi men outside of the United States and The U.K, they generally act just like everyone else.
>>
>>5306142
The stereotype is there for a reason, though. Fags love musicals - I've met countless numbers of them. Back in the early 1900's that's where you would find them - in the theater. So the question is why? What is it about musicals that attracts them?
>>
>>5300182
I'm gay and I like musicals but I hate that stereotype
I guess I'm also not like a theater kid, I like going to musicals but with a few exceptions I don't listen to them outside shows and Im not a cannot

Also I don't care for shut like wicked or phantom
I prefer shit like next to normal and lion king I guess
>>
>>5306142
Im not flamboyent, limp wristed, fashionista but I do love musicals
>>
I absolutely adore Phantom of the Opera.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8fKKiaSLLEY
>>
Phantom of the Opera is the shit. What the fuck are you on, OP?
>>
people naturally like things like music, musicals, movies, plays, entertainment

its just that musicals and theatre like that stereotyped as being feminine now so it goes against gender stereotypes to like it, basically men feel they need to conform to what is masculine whether or not they want to

go back a hundred years ago or something and this stuff would be considered the ultimate sort of thing to do, but alas it is not so anymore
>>
>>5300182
Gay dudes join theater in hs for a place to be swishy and dark areas to fuck. Trannies as an excuse to crossdress. Dykes for that diy set building shit. Then you just happen to get into the actual musical shit on the side.
>>
>>5300182
i'm lesbian and I like musicals. The songs are catchy as hell and the stories are usually good.

My favorite is Carmen. The music is so damn classic. I want to make a western cowboy musical one day with really catchy choir tunes like Django's opening song.
>>
>>5307107
so... are you single? *wink wink*
>>
>>5307058
>Dykes for that diy set building shit
shit. guess they all knew
>>
>>5300182
Heterosexuals can like musicals too, the reason you see more Homosexuals in theatre/interested in or anything else you consider gay is because what are you going to do? call them gay? pretty much there's nothing to threaten
>>
lgbt people are a minority, so they tend to group together in big crowds, i.e.: high school. you hang out with a group of people long enough and you'll either be homogenized into the group or just end up becoming a pariah among the only kids like you in school. i came into hs really into musicals and acting and ended up leaving with only a few stoner friends. they all ended up being gay or trans though, but it wasn't a crowd as big as the theater kids. i ended up going from acting in plays to doing the tech for them, and the crowd was a lot nicer (and more diverse to boot)
>>
>>5306148
actors live lies, that's why gays were attracted to the scene, because they could relate to that from their private lifes already.
also, you could make out with other guys and face no consequences because it's acting and you were just rehearsing.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.