[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is every transwoman character in Burmese obscene teapot art
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 6
File: average manga dialogue.png (56 KB, 390x810) Image search: [Google]
average manga dialogue.png
56 KB, 390x810
Why is every transwoman character in Burmese obscene teapot art always quick to point out they are a man and never talk about themself as a woman? The way these characters confess their identity to whoever is going to plow their bps is almost Jerry Springer Show like.
>>
Japanese culture/peculiarities of the language/shitty translators
>>
>>5293420
Like most everything else in Japanese culture, it's been reduced to fetish fuel.
>>
>>5293420
Because Asians didn't into sexual identities and gender vs sex until we buttfucked them with our beliefs. Imperialism for great justice desu.
>>
File: 1sicvwqo2_1280.png (788 KB, 1023x761) Image search: [Google]
1sicvwqo2_1280.png
788 KB, 1023x761
>>5293436
Basically. Lovely Complex is the only manga off the top of my head where the "trans" character isn't insistent he's male or isn't cured of crossdressing by being accepted by their lover at the end.
>>
>>5293420
because they're biological realists?

removing testicles doesn't make you a woman, just a man without testicles
>>
>>5293420
japanese people are honest and can admit that the biological reality. It's the same with ftms, alot of them in Japan are mistaken for being real life yaoi but they themselves will admit that they're women, just trying to look and act like men.
>>
File: image.jpg (164 KB, 696x966) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
164 KB, 696x966
>>5293918
>>5293939

Medical transition is supposed to change sex traits though. How is it honest to pretend that doesn't exist?
>>
in japan all lgbt is seen as a phase that you grow out of and then marry someone of the opposite sex and buy a business suit and work 18 hours a day to support your family and parents.
>>
>>5294276
"Thus, for 50% of prescription drugs, the effectiveness of a particular drug dosage... may be quite different in females compared to males," the authors explain. Consider this possible side effect: women are 50 to 75 percent more likely than men to experience an adverse drug reaction. This is caused by a wide range of factors, chiefly because females weigh less, but cellular mechanisms undoubtedly contribute to it.

Such a statistic makes it clear than researchers should consider the sex of their cell lines when testing drugs in vitro, as the effects on male and female lines may not be the same. But it may be even more important when it comes to stem cells, as male and female varieties are decidedly not created equal.

"Female muscle-derived stem cells are less sensitive to oxidative stress and regenerate skeletal muscle much more efficiently than muscle-derived stem cells from their male counterparts," the authors write. "[This] is likely to have a big impact upon other stem cell mediated therapies, should the findings be replicated for other diseases.

http://www.realclearscience.com/blog/2013/11/male_and_female_cells_are_not_the_same.html
>>
>>5294276
Very dishonorabru!
>>
>>5294301
>real clear science
Seriously, could you get any more plebe
http://www.nature.com/news/sex-redefined-1.16943

>These discoveries have pointed to a complex process of sex determination, in which the identity of the gonad emerges from a contest between two opposing networks of gene activity. Changes in the activity or amounts of molecules (such as WNT4) in the networks can tip the balance towards or away from the sex seemingly spelled out by the chromosomes. “It has been, in a sense, a philosophical change in our way of looking at sex; that it's a balance,” says Eric Vilain, a clinician and the director of the Center for Gender-Based Biology at the University of California, Los Angeles. “It's more of a systems-biology view of the world of sex.”

>According to some scientists, that balance can shift long after development is over. Studies in mice suggest that the gonad teeters between being male and female throughout life, its identity requiring constant maintenance. In 2009, researchers reported7 deactivating an ovarian gene called Foxl2 in adult female mice; they found that the granulosa cells that support the development of eggs transformed into Sertoli cells, which support sperm development. Two years later, a separate team showed8 the opposite: that inactivating a gene called Dmrt1 could turn adult testicular cells into ovarian ones. “That was the big shock, the fact that it was going on post-natally,” says Vincent Harley, a geneticist who studies gonad development at the MIMR-PHI Institute for Medical Research in Melbourne.

Of course if they were drawn from adult donors with normal hormone mediated expression, there's gonna be epigenetic differences.

Steroid mediated expression.
>>
>>5294301
>>5294329

>In the field of molecular biology, nuclear receptors are a class of proteins found within cells that are responsible for sensing steroid and thyroid hormones and certain other molecules. In response, these receptors work with other proteins to regulate the expression of specific genes, thereby controlling the development, homeostasis, and metabolism of the organism
Cell physiology is literally cause hormones control transcription.

How again doesn't that show the hormonal environment you harvested them from matters?
>>
>>5294329
"cells have a sex".
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23027445

Men And Women: The Differences Are In The Genes
http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2005/03/050323124659.htm

Mammalian Y chromosomes retain widely expressed dosage-sensitive regulators
http://www.nature.com/nature/journal/v508/n7497/full/nature13206.html

You can cut off your gonads, but your cells are still effected by your chromosomes no matter how much you like it. Men and women should be given different medicines, because of our chromosome differences.
>>
File: 2040-2392-4-39-8.jpg (78 KB, 600x424) Image search: [Google]
2040-2392-4-39-8.jpg
78 KB, 600x424
>>5294342
>nature
http://www.nature.com/news/sex-redefined-1.16943
>>These discoveries have pointed to a complex process of sex determination, in which the identity of the gonad emerges from a contest between two opposing networks of gene activity. Changes in the activity or amounts of molecules (such as WNT4) in the networks can tip the balance towards or away from the sex seemingly spelled out by the chromosomes. “It has been, in a sense, a philosophical change in our way of looking at sex; that it's a balance,” says Eric Vilain, a clinician and the director of the Center for Gender-Based Biology at the University of California, Los Angeles. “It's more of a systems-biology view of the world of sex.”

Proved "cell sex" comes down to gene expression.

And according to those studies gene expression all comes down to hormones and other transcription/chromatin modifiers.

Now why you're desperate enough to pretend they aren't talking about hormones and expression is beyond me.

Maybe you should go to Nature and demand they make things simpler.
>>
>>5294363
>b-but muh 8 grade science teacha said mens and an females b liek... mad diffren nam sayin?
>>
>>5294376
>>5294363
no, it's chromosomal differences. You just stick to old science, hormones are produced through the chromosomes, you can't change it no matter how much you want

nam sayin?
>>
>>5294342
>We conclude that the gene content of the Y chromosome became specialized through selection to maintain the ancestral dosage of homologous X–Y gene pairs that function as broadly expressed regulators of transcription, translation and protein stability.

Uh, they kinda just said that asides from fertility, all the genes in Y are x homologoues for dose dependence.

In other words, counting lyonization, they're meant to keep expression the same in men and women. That's why we need hormones.

Cute but you're an absolutely a child in this matter and you should get your parents to pay for a uni coursework in molecular genetics if you want to get this crap.
>>
>>5294380
>hormones are produced through the chromosomes, you can't change it
Are you denying that hormone replacement therapy exists?
>>
>>5294380
>produced through chromosomes
Autosomal actually. Cept androgen sensitivity, have that coded in everyone's x

And they're all a mass of chromatin, not actual chromosomes at all points other than cell division.
>>
>>5293420
Because it's cis people who do all of that Burmese obscene teapot art. Cis people fetishizing trans people to make a quick buck, even though they've never actually met any trans people themselves.
>>
File: index.jpg (8 KB, 183x275) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
8 KB, 183x275
>>5293875
>When Seiko was planning on confessing to a man who saved her from a creeper, her voice became deeper and not "cute"
jesus this is like my ultimate nightmare
>>
>>5293420
Because they have to keep reinforcing how taboo it is to their Japanese audience
>>
>>5298140
You're going to be living it soon enough, hon.
>>
>>5298217
w-why? are you going to visit me and destroy all my blockers?
>>
>>5294380
>hormones are produced through the chromosomes
look at this pleb who doesn't know the Central Dogma
>>
So apparently females may reject male organs that were transplanted into their bodies
>They also speculate that since male kidneys are larger and have a higher number of nephrons (the basic structural and functional unit of the kidneys), they may be a better match for male recipients. Women, on the other hand, may not need as many nephrons, and could benefit from the less-risky female donor kidney.

Why do some people still claim sex is a social construct?
http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/113875.php
>>
>>5298257
how do you justify waking up every day? just die already
>>
>>5298257
>>They also speculate that since male kidneys are larger and have a higher number of nephrons
Obviously because hormones in a normal full grown man signal for more hypertrophy. Ergo >>5294363 & >>5294383

It's sex hormones creating phenotype m8, kinda pathetic how stuff you cite proves that sex differentiation and transcription depends on hormones.

Why do you want to ban gene expression and revert to some century old pre DNA classical genetics?
>>
>>5298406
wait, so your organs get smaller on hormones if you are mtf?
>>
>>5302055
wouldn't surprise me

mtf's brain volume gets reduced to female size after enough time on HRT
>>
>>5302055
Yeah, pretty much.
>tfw been on HRT long enough to have shrunken female brain
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24617977
>>
>>5302061
>>5302091
huh, interesting
>>
>>5298257
>Why do some people still claim sex is a social construct?

People claimed /gender/ was a social construct, sex is still as relevant as ever.
>>
>>5293918
>>5293939
>>5294282
>whities think they know about japan
>>
>>5302158

The thought of forcefully violating a trans woman and taking away her purity, which she has maintained by remaining loyal to one man, whom she considers a great man and a true rarity, turns me on. Her pleading face and desperate pleas begging me to not take the one thing from her she can promise him that no other woman can. Then leaving her with her severely depreciated and meager value to decide what she's going to do now that she's not worthy of him.

And now I've gone too far and made myself sad since I'm a tranny too.
>>
>>5303568
So this is like copypasta from a textbook on self hating trannies, yeah?
>>
>>5303579

Yeah. Guess I should make an appointment with a therapist.
>>
>>5298406
Yep, hormones are social construct too!
>>5302137
All feminists claim that. The edgy ones take it the next step and claim sex is also a social construct. Because intersex babies gender determination was based on medical opinion --therefore ergo ipso facto QED presto-- sex is whatever the fuck feminists say. Logical progression, m8s!
>>
>>5303579

I have to thank you though, really. I didn't realize how much I was projecting myself on to this hypothetical trans woman until you came along.
>>
File: TS_I_LOVE_YOU_5_5_0267.png (200 KB, 571x993) Image search: [Google]
TS_I_LOVE_YOU_5_5_0267.png
200 KB, 571x993
>no amanoja9 qt who isn't crazy, is dysphoria-free, has fully working parts, passes completely, loves crazy dirty sex and wants to be my shemale waifu and get even more surgery to be even bigger and svelter
I think 2d trannies are what autogynophiles in the best of all possible worlds would like to end up as. No dysphoria, just the neverending mission to become a shemale goddess. Wild and crazy plastic surgery from the best surgeons to get those soft rotund hips, gentle curving breasts nearly free of scarring, warm inviting lips on a doll face with long silky hair. And her ass. Warm, smooth, bleached and clean, build for milking horny men with her vacuum grip. And her member. Long, light red, not hard and angry, but gently pudgy and plump, bald and non-threatening, like a woman's cock should be.

None of the mess around with social politics or psychotic interpretations of womanhood. She IS womanhood and she knows it, that classic womanhood of making her man feel good, world be damned. What's wrong with doing what feels good? Why should you listen to the internet or college think tanks telling you you aren't respecting someone for getting what you want? Fuck it, if I want a sexy shemale girlfriend who likes getting jacked off while I fuck her up the ass, then I'm gonna go get one. Fuck all these basic hormones and diet bitches, I want me a plastic princess.
>>
>>5304722
what the fresh fuck
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.