[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So from what I understand from reading /lgbt/ as a straight male
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: translation.jpg (75 KB, 620x387) Image search: [Google]
translation.jpg
75 KB, 620x387
So from what I understand from reading /lgbt/ as a straight male - I'm expected to want to date a "woman" who used to be a military man that was/still is capable of killing you in over 500 ways with just their bare hands or I'll be called a bigot?

Am I in the ballpark?
>>
No, because it's your right to not want to date someone for whatever arbitrary reason you want, and also she's ugly
>>
not wanting to fuck a trans woman isn't transphobic
it's you using fucking scare quotes that makes you a transphobe
>>
Op here. Disregard I suck cocks.
>>
>>5287579
Brilliant response /lgbt/
>>
> I'm expected to want to date a "woman"

You're not expected, or obligated, to date anyone. If you don't want to date someone that's your choice. Where have you come up with this notion that you're forced to date women you don't want to? Literally just say no thank you and walk away, lmao.
>>
No, you're a bigot if you want to fuck them and treat them like a piece of meat but turn around refuse to acknowledge their gender identity or treat them like a normal human by avoiding anything beyond a fetish/purely sexual discrete relationship.

No one transitions expecting you to be forced to date us. That shit isn't even true for all cis women.
>>
>>5287561
yes you are forced
>>
>>5287561
Well you can just be transphobic and refuse to date her just because she used to be a man. Or you can be more open minded.
>>
>>5287561
>So from what I understand from reading /lgbt/ as a straight male
You've not been reading the same /lgbt/ as the rest of us.
>>
if you dont feel like dating something then dont date them.
>>
I'm a straight male who has nothing against trans people and doesn't harbor any ill feelings towards them.

But, I personally wouldn't feel comfortable dating a trasn woman because it would just feel weird to me knowing that she was born a biological man.

Does this make me a bigot?
>>
>>5288304
No, it just means you have odd, arbitrary dating standards. Which is ok, we all do. I only fuck submissive men and dominant women, which is pretty fucking arbitrary if you ask me.
>>
>>5288304
it means your letting pre-conitious reactions control part of your life.
A lot of people do this,but it's not a positive thing. You can analyse those reactions and control how they effect you.

So, you're at most a lazy bigot, but certainly not a hateful one.
>>
>>5288304
Yeah. Plenty of people have arbitrary dating standards. I do, why shouldn't you?

Being an asshole about it is where most people run into trouble. It is totally possible to turn down a trans woman without invalidating her identity. It's not even hard. Sometimes, though, cruel rejections are selected over neutral rejections for whatever reason.

Then you'll get called a transphobic bigot.
>>
>>5288384
>>5288382
Yeah, that's the thing; It's not that I'm consciously deciding "I don't want to date a transwoman", it's that I can't help but feel uncomfortable at the thought.

I would totally date anyone if I could, but I just can't help but feel uncomfortable thinking of dating certain people.
>>
>>5288411
Have you actually interacted with transwomen in real life?
Right now I feel like your getting uncomfortable with the concept, but the trick is to stop focusing on the concept an deal with them as people. You might still not like the person, or find them attractive, but don't let your initial reaction to the concept of a person overly influence your behavior to them.

Just think of them as a person first, and don't let your preloaded reactions get in the way of that.

You might still not want to date them. But that sort of 'creepy' feeling typically goes away with experience and care.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.