[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I just ordered aldactone (spironolactone). Gonna take it for
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 2
File: pills-110726-02.jpg (66 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
pills-110726-02.jpg
66 KB, 600x400
I just ordered aldactone (spironolactone). Gonna take it for a month to see if I really am trans. What can I expect?
>>
Only spiro? Not much, probably less anger, slightly declining libido, pissing waterfalls and dehydration if you don't drink enough.
>>
>>5283032
>less anger
Good because I fantasied about shooting up my train home yesterday because someone was walking too slow. Will anything happen to my skin?
>>
>>5283080
>Will anything happen to my skin
It'll flake if you don't drink enough. Else, no.
>>
>>5283087
gay
>>
>>5283080
Less acne, and it'll probably get dry easier. Testosterone is what promotes oil and sebum production.
>>
>>5283032
you didn't tell us what dosage are you taking

Also 1 month? Psssssstt. Nothing. If it was 3 months or more, then there could be some side effects but 1 month is hardly enough to even push your T levels down in the female range.
>>
I just started taking spiro about 15 days ago. Just spiro because I'm selfmedding and can't afford estrogen. I'm taking 100/day for the first month, then bumping up to 200/day. I know that it takes a while (much longer than a month) for any real effects to occur, but I have noticed that I'm peeing a lot more, something I've heard is normal, and I've only fapped about 5 times since I've started, which is about a third of the amount I normally would, though this may be psychological. I've noticed that my acne has decreased a bit as well, and I've felt a bit less angry recently. Also, keep in mind that medicine will affect everyone based off of dosage and genetics.
>>
>>5283117
>dry skin
oh man this is gonna fuck me up bad because I have dark skin.
>>5283194
Um I dunno what dose to take, pack has 15 pills 100 mg. I would take it longer but I heard about it causing infertility. Now I obviously don't plan on impregnating a woman but there's something about not wanting to destroy my full function especially when I'm not sure. If I'm sure then I'll go all in. How long can you take it before irreversible fertility effect set in?
>>
>>5283032
Won't tell you if you're really trans, dumbass. That's something you have to figure out on your own.
>>
>>5283711
this desu senpai

I took HRT hoping it would help me know for sure

Month 5 now. I am literally growing tits and i'm still not sure.
>>
>>5283032
>just ordered nighshade cocktail
>gonna see if I really am suicidal
Gr8 logic, girlfriend
>>
>>5283032
literally almost nothing

after about a week you might have mood swings and decreased libido.

also you're stupid. just stop the denial op. you are obviously trans if you are going through with this. just own up see a therapist get an endo and get a scrip for hormones.
>>
>>5284095
>I am literally growing tits and i'm still not sure.
are you sure you're not sure? or do you not want to be sure for whatever reason?
>>
>>5284561
lol, that sounds all well and fine except i really don't know.

I'm not just lying, i wish i could say for certain if i am or not.
>>
>>5284685
what makes you unsure?
>>
>>5284704
penis lmao
>>
>>5284704
i just dont want to socially transition right now, and i don't really have constant anxiety and dysphoria anymore.

There doesn't feel like transitioning would be worth it to me, but i also don't want to get more masculine. I tried stopping the hormones but i just started to feel shitty again because of facial hair, body hair, face started to look more masculine and ugly.

It's a weird situation. I'm not sure how to move forward right now, but i feel pretty apathetic and dismissive, so i don't particularly feel like going back to therapy either.
>>
>>5284756
So basically your true gender is foreveryoung? That's not a thing, brah
>>
>>5284756
>I tried stopping the hormones but i just started to feel shitty again because of facial hair, body hair, face started to look more masculine and ugly.
seems like you are sure that masculinity is wrong for you.
>There doesn't feel like transitioning would be worth it to me
why not? do you think your life won't be improved by it or do you feel like your life can't be improved? or am i way off?
>>
>>5284778
I mean i had all the shit of wanting to be a girl when i was a kid and throughout my teens and into my young adulthood, but it's intermittent in how much it matters to me.

used to be one night every few weeks or months i'd get upset talking about it online, then it was 2 months of 24/7 anxiety and depression, thought about it every minute of the day, and then it just sorta calmed down a lot when the hormones arrived and i quit therapy

Still in my mind, otherwise i wouldn't be here, but i really don't feel any the wiser. Clarity is no more presented to me as it was before, i'm just less upset about it.
>>
>>5284794
sure, but not wanting to be masculine isn't the same as actually needing to be the other gender.

it doesn't feel worth it because i don't want to create a mass of awkwardness with family and friends, and i don't want to risk everything.

i'm fairly popular, pretty reserved in my private life, and i'm pretty good looking. Literally all of that would be at risk for something that might not even make me happy.
>>
>>5284817
>sure, but not wanting to be masculine isn't the same as actually needing to be the other gender.
but you said you experienced dysphoria, depression and anxiety. and you were unable to quit hormones. isn't that needing to be the other gender? if not: what is?

sounds like you are scared about coming out. fear can cloud clear thoughts and can hinder you from making conclusions.
try thinking about a situation where none of these fears of yours exist, where everything stays the same but everyone would just treat you like a girl: are you still unsure?
>>
>>5284895
i could just be really mixed up and confused, which seems just as likely...

In a completely ideal world where everything was the same except the thing that was bugging me? I mean in theory it would be great, but that's just not how the world works. Things would change. I'm not guaranteed to even have successful results, i could just end up looking like an ugly tranny instead of looking like a fairly attractive boy.
>>
>>5284941
>i could just be really mixed up and confused, which seems just as likely...
>I tried stopping the hormones but i just started to feel shitty again because of facial hair, body hair, face started to look more masculine and ugly.
the second qoute doesn't sound mixed up and confused but decisive and clear.
>but that's just not how the world works
that's not important for the scenario. first you need to figure out what's up with you. scenarios and fantasies like these are useful for this.
then you apply the results you get to the real world so that both can work together in harmony.
>>
>>5285034
Well the quitting thing could've just been hormonal emotion or coincidentally felt bad at the time

You make it sound easy but i seriously couldn't ever do it

I'm not even sure i'm trans anyway, it's probably for the best i don't do anything hasty
>>
>>5285085
>i don't do anything hasty
i'm not advising you too, you need to be sure before coming out and you need to be sure about what is the best way to come out.
>Well the quitting thing could've just been hormonal emotion or coincidentally felt bad at the time
hmm might be. but you must have had a bad awful lot of coincidental feeling bad about your born sex until now that you even consider going through hrt and coming out?
>>
>>5284756
Sounds like fears of society's reaction is blacking you.
>>5284385
I heard that in the UK if you come out as trans they make you wear womens clothes for a year before allowing you hormones. Fuck that I want my own quiet undercover transition
>>
Medfag here, be careful with spiro. It's a powerful diaretic and can increase your potassium to dangerous levels (to put it in perspective, potasium chloride is used in lethal injections). If your heart starts racing while you're taking it, stop taking it.
>>
>>5285739
how many people have had heart attacks while taking this stuff? Also I have brachycardia is this significant?
>>
>>5284756
Cis people don't have any gender dysphoria or gender-related anxiety. It never had to be constant for you to be trans; if someone doesn't feel bad 100% of the time it doesn't mean that they're fine.
>>
>>5284095
>i'm still not sure.
I'll help.
You aren't.
>>
>>5284756
Them's standard trans feels, kid.
>>
File: 87438735.jpg (71 KB, 625x685) Image search: [Google]
87438735.jpg
71 KB, 625x685
>>5283703
>How long can you take it before irreversible fertility effect set in?
If you ain't taking estrogen, you are probably safe for half a year, or even a whole. You'd stop taking sprio and you'd become fertile again. But I highly discourage you to take sprio without estrogen for more than a month or two. You MUST have some sort of sex hormone in your blood stream, otherwise osteoporosis sets in, and quite likely very serious depression (I cannot emphasise this enough) among other things. You just have no idea how much sex hormones are responsible for regulating your mood right now, but you'll notice if you fuck things up.
Now, sure, ~3 months on T-blockers alone is okay, but after that you HAVE to start taking estrogen with them, or stop the medication altogether, and let your T levels rise back to normal. On spiro alone after about a month or two you'll progressively get more and more lethargic and depressed, even if you are adamant about transitioning. So be warned. But if you start taking estrogen, your energy will return to normal, and so will your mood. Also, you'll start growing breasts, etc. It'll be like a second puberty, even inside your head. You'll be snappy, you'll have mood swings, but it'll be normal. Well, "teenage normal". Not the clinical depression that spiro without estrogen causes, okay? okay.

Oh, and if you go on both spiro and estrogen, you have about half a year, year before you become sterile. It could be more though, everybody's body is different. Some people take hormones for years and once they go off them their fertility returns even after like 2 years. But don't count on that, those are more of an exception than the rule. If you want to have your own children, freeze your sperm, because E wrecks your balls.
>>
>>5286257
I don't want to
>>5286240
I like to think i'm not
>>5285961
Could've just been confused. Teenagers get confused.
>>5285290
Which is perfectly reasonable
>>5285194
>i'm not advising you to

It feels like you and multiple others are pressuring me to do it. You don't know that i'm trans. It's hard to explain why i think i might not be.
>>
>>5288300
Yea it's reasonable, till your backwater scumbag family beats the shit out you and ruins your life for being a faggot.
>>
>>5287527
Me here >>5288300
So i've been taking all the drugs for 5 months

Idk why people say about mood swings so much. At first i was a little snappy but not enough that I couldn't control myself from saying anything rude or not realising that it was my hormones, but that lasted all of maybe 2 weeks. Generally my mood is pretty stable and decent
>>
>>5288320
Lol i don't think so. My distant family are scumbags but they tolerate my flamer fag uncle. My close family would probably be awkward, though my parents have expressed their enthusiasm for being accepting and progressive to things they've seen on TV, and they've always supported me regardless of what I wanna do. I'm pretty sure they just want me to be happy.

With that said, i'm scared it would make things awkward and i'd lose my close, relaxed bond. That's why i don't want to do it. It'd be weird, i know they wouldn't 'get it' but they'd deal with it
>>
>>5288343
>My family are scumbags but
So they aren't homophobic scumbags. Lucky you. Come back when they kick the shit out you for liking guys and say they'll just shrug if you say you're trans.
>>
>>5288356
Fuck me for having an okay family, right?

Doesn't mean it's easy
>>
>>5288325
>Idk why people say about mood swings so much.
Let's just say not everyone has the same experience. During HRT your brain is rewiring itself a great deal- it's exactly like a second puberty, especially if you are ~22 or below, so some people go bananas.
I know I was a few sandwiches short of a picnic myself. I had the attention span of a rat - sure I have adhd, but that was extreme even for me, I was sulking and brooding all the time, I fought with friends I never fought with, I even took to cutting myself for a couple of months. Then after about three years, things slowly returned to normal.
>>
>>5288409
Your exact words were it's "perfectly reasonable" to be forced to come out to people, your family doesn't mean shit when it's not a choice.
>>
>>5288508
no, i mean, it's perfectly reasonable to be blocked by fears of society's opinion
>>
>>5288536
You could have made that clear when I explained why it isn't reasonable for the thing I thought you were talking about
Now we both look dumb
>>
>>5287527
>have to decide after 3 months
JUST
>>
>>5288545
I looked dumb as soon as i said i was on HRT to find out if I was trans

So did OP.

This is basically a shitpost thread.
Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.