[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So, given that many organizations and groups now use the term
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: Gender.jpg (26 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
Gender.jpg
26 KB, 300x300
So, given that many organizations and groups now use the term "gender" to refer to identity, let's discuss gender. How many genders do you think there are? Why?

Personally, I believe that there are only three genders: males, females, and those who possess masculine and feminine traits. Humans are often defined by submissive and dominant traits (see introvert v extrovert, judging v perceiving, etc. are good examples of humanity's split system), thus making it a polar system of gender, except for in cases of a mix between these two poles.

I'd love to hear everyone's opinions and thoughts on identity. Let's get this thread rolling!
>>
I see it more as a spectrum. People tend to be closer to one end of the spectrum but it is still a continuous range of femininity and masculinity
>>
heres my 2 cents.

Gender is a spectrum, and anyone can identify where ever they see themselves in the spectrum.

when it comes to terminology for gender identification, there should only be 3 terms, for simplicity and sanity.
1) female
2) male
3) gender queer / non binary

terms like trigender demigirl pangender...etc, just split hairs and are redundant.
>>
>>5260153
2, gender is binary you're either a male or a female, anything else is cringeworthy material.
>>
>>5260153
>How many genders do you think there are? Why?

0 genders because we're talking about sex. There at least 4 sexes. The granular detail of all our masc-fem top-bttm dick-pusswanting otherkin feeling dress or pants wearing lives are messy and it's naive to try fit in a damn chart. You can't squeeze the human experience into some liberal arts tard taxonomy. And it's embarrassing that we obsess about these personal details IRL public.

Asian cultures for example handled sex and sexuality without any of this jew christian based white female academic navel gazing at Whole Foods. It pisses me off these liberal arts fucks talk endlessly on their personal ideology but refuse to learn shit about other cultures.

>Weez ladyboi nouw
>>
>>5260330
B8.

I've tested non-binary as an anti-agression shield irl, it works fine with an assholish smile.
>>
>>5260371
No, we're not talking about sex. OP clearly said gender, which is now often times described as one's sexual identity involving masculine and feminine traits.

Sounds to me like you're just using this thread to go off on a tangent and try to spout your nonsense agenda.
>>
>>5260153
Because there's 2 sexes, male and female.

Even if gender is a spectrum, it's still either or. You can be kind of in the middle but you're still going to lean one way or the other. Like a political view. You can be left wing or you can be right wing, you can kind of be between both, but you're still one or the other.
Anything else is retarded attention seeking or this bizzarre desperation some people have to not be categorised or labelled, but then categorise and label themselves as someone who "can't" be categorise or labelled.

And other kin are just the worst. They haven't got a clue what gender or pronouns mean, that's why they all feel so content fucking around with it. I've literally seen someone claim their pronouns are "bun/bunny/bunself" because they want to be a fucking rabbit. Anyone like that needs to ki/kill/killself.
>>
>>5260388
Sounds like you can't keep up because you're just regurgitating what you read in a pamphlet rather than understanding the concepts well enough to deconstruct them and arrive at the truth.

My agenda is to not regurgitate theoretical post-modern scraps cobbled together by aggressively ignorant posters like you. Gender in this context is not a thing worth talking about because the issue is indeed sex. Learn something beyond your American tumblr-bubble. That's my agenda.
>>
>>5260464
In Psychological terms, gender is more like the sex of the mind. Any human body can be male or female or anywhere in between, it's all down to what hormones and chemicals it's exposed to during development. The same is true of a brain.
Unless you're talking to a very flimsy psychologist who supports the humanistic approach or other pop culture science, you'll see that gender is an attribute of the mind like any other facet of one's self image.

But in response to recent Tumblr-isms, on no level is it a choice or subject to radical or rapid change. People like that have confused conscious thought with self perception. Just because someone feels particularly masculine or feminine in a particular moment does not mean their gender is now male or female, and that's what a lot of idiots don't understand. They spread a lot of misinformation which is often outright contradictory to what studies actually show
>>
>>5260215
Pretty much this tbqh.
>>
>>5260153
Two. In Norwegian there isn't even a word for "gender", just sex. A trans person is someone who feels the were born in to the wrong sex. We're also a pretty open minded country, I dare say. Males can be kinda feminine and females kinda masculine (tho it's probably still a bit easier for the girls) and that's fine... but we don't need special words for that.
>>
>>5262119
Forgot to mentioned, there are off course physically intersexed people in this world. But that's more of a medical condition.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.