[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Trans adjust
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 4
File: pic_t_ur_e_lse.jpg (89 KB, 980x552) Image search: [Google]
pic_t_ur_e_lse.jpg
89 KB, 980x552
Have any trans people considered instead of adjusting their body to their hormones to adjust their hormones to their body?
Taking hormones according to body.
>>
>>5251005
I'm curious about this too.
I've seen people sight hormonal imbalance as the reason they believe they're trans but taking hormones to get back to what your body SHOULD be at makes more sense than changing your gender.
>>
Huh, that never occured to me before. Interesting.
>>
File: left_bathroom.jpg (24 KB, 468x293) Image search: [Google]
left_bathroom.jpg
24 KB, 468x293
>>5251005
I mean, self improvement movements of different kinds strive to change their mind in this or that direction.
>>
File: herpS.jpg (53 KB, 795x470) Image search: [Google]
herpS.jpg
53 KB, 795x470
>>5251025
It would also be a hell of a lot cheaper and whatnot.
>>
File: transhormonalist.jpg (64 KB, 1200x630) Image search: [Google]
transhormonalist.jpg
64 KB, 1200x630
>>5251041
Is this question something that trans people would be offended by?
>>
>>5251005
I'm not really sure what you're asking. If you're saying that mtfs should just take testosterone supplements then I had perfectly normal male testosterone levels before transitioning
>>
>>5251005
You mean taking Testosterone if MtF or estrogen/progesterone if FtM?

No that has never worked out, it only reinforces dysphoria/makes it worse, besides MtFs have normal T ranges, and FtMs have normal E and Prog levels so I don't think you understand what you're talking about.

When it comes to self improvement, i.e. becoming an attractive guy or attractive girl, physically fit, etc, can help self image, but has never gotten rid of Dyshporia, but it can distract you away from it if it gives you satisfaction, but growing older and more manly/womanly, will just make dysphoria worse and then you will also see less satisfactory results from HRT, making it only harder for you in the end if you decide to go this path.

I know of a MtF and a FtM who went down this path, the MtF is happy as he has a cute girlfriend he loves a lot that is okay with him crossdressing once in a while, so he's able to distract himself from it, but I can easily tell his greatest wish is to become a woman, so he's not truly happy, but very close.
>>
>>5251087
Yes supplements was my initial thought. I'm not well versed in these matters thou so I was just throwing it out there.

What if you would have taken even more testosterone then?
>>
>>5251103
Well I'd probably get angrier and hornier and gain some muscle mass

Wouldn't really help with the wanting to be a woman thing. It's an intrinsic part of you. A lot of trans women try to "man up" and do stuff like work out or join the military before they realize that their transgender feelings are never going to go away. Some people can learn to live with it, for others transitioning is the only way to live a decent life
>>
>>5251092
This. I'm an FtM who took estrogen birth control for endometrosis when I was stuck in the closet and it made my dysphoria really unbearable.
>>
>>5251092
Thanks for comprehensive answer.

Regarding the self improvement I was thinking about the mental reconditioning (or whatever) used in Pick Up for instance. The change your mindset kind of thing. By this I mean the more profound shifts in mentality, not shallow stuff.
>>
>>5251122
The feeling that you are the opposite gender you were born as, is a lot more deeply rooted than something you can just condition away. You can distract yourself and repress all you want, but the feeling will always be there, if you are truly trans.

I.e. that MtF I mentioned was raised in a Christian household, so he has been conditioned away from the feeling that he might be trans, but yet he wishes he was a woman. Which is a paradox.
>>
>>5251115
About intrinsic. I don't mean to disrespect or anything but my thought about this was that the hormones/'internal chemical workings' is what makes some of the core mental stuff and by changing the chemicals you change your way of thinking about this.

Consider the gut bacterias influence over cravings. Something that is not your psyche per se creates feelings.

Hope this is not to spaced out.
>>
>>5251142
That's an alright hypothesis for someone uneducated on the subject, but it doesn't match up with the neurological evidence we have on the brain structure of trans people or the 60+ years of experience the psychological community has in treating them. If you want sources then someone less lazy than me can probably get a few for you
>>
>>5251074
I'm not offended, no. And it'd be silly to be offended by rational thought.

I was pretty high on T to start with, quite the rageball too and I've pretty much had 0% body fat and looked ridiculous with just muscle everywhere, had a lot of beard growth and issue with hair loss early on.
There were certainly days I could dwell in my manliness, be a terrible macho, but ultimately dysphoria was always there. Adding more T would've only made me insufferable and even angrier I think.

Yes, I did consider it of course and everyone tells you you must be manlier and ever manlier and face the world with huge balls. But it didn't work. I could do these things, but wasn't happy.

I actually think being oh so manly pushed me even futher into the mtf corner, cause it helped me realize how that life wasn't mine.
>>
>>5251156
Thanks but no need to dig out sources. Im not gonna delve that deep into this.

The fact that Im wrong makes me feel a little sad for these people. Theirs seem a shitty situation to be in.
>>
>>5251180
>silly to be offended by rational thought
Yeah, but some groups thou... so I asked anyway.
>>
>>5251185
Yep, that's why the suicide rates are so high
>>
>>5251261
So, how much does societys (lack of) acceptance play into the suicides?

I'm guessing internal discrepancy plays a larger part but it seems this group have fought for recognition and acceptance. Does it get to you in that way or is the acceptance from outside just about not getting your head stomped on? (I know of an instance of this literaly happening in a town not too far away)
>>
>>5251394
Probably a pretty large part. Having accepting parents already dramatically cuts down on suicide rates, not to mention discriminatory stuff with regards to careers and housing. I think things will continue to get better over time, if people get more accepting then we'll see more young transitioners who end up passing well and go on to live normal lives. I'd wager suicide rates are always going to be at least a little higher than the general population though, since being trans fundamentally implies some level of self-hatred regarding one's birth sex, plus there's a limit to how tolerant society can get. A trans woman is never going to be seen as completely the same as a cis woman, especially if they look too masculine
>>
>>5251499
Hmm, Im out of thoughts on this but I wish you good luck.
>>
>>5251022
I had the most normal hormonally synchronized levels before starting hrt, above average blood pressure, and was vegetarian who worked out(cardio and legs). I don't see what increasing my testosterone would have done for me
>>
>>5251672
Hold on, I do have one question actually.

Is it easier for trans men to be accepted by women than the other way around ? I mean with women being attracted more by behavior than appearance as opposed to men and behavior being easier (?) to adapt.
>>
>>5251858
Trans men have it easier for a lot of reasons. Mostly because 1) testosterone is a helluva drug 2) No one cares much of a woman is masculine, but plenty of people still get pissy if a guy acts too feminine
>>
>>5251930
Ok but I was thinking more of sexual attraction. The behavior itself isn't going to get a man attracted. A woman on the other hand gets attracted by assertiveness and confidence by itself.

Thus a trans man have it easier when it comes to attraction because the behavior he displays, if done right, should be the only thing he needs to attract.

The trans woman needs to get the man of interest to buy her mentally as a woman for attraction to arise and the male brain needs other things than behavior alone to 'buy it'.

See what Im saying?
>>
>>5251005
FtM here, I was diagnosed with PCOS fairly early in puberty, which threw my hormones completely out of whack. I was given hormonal birth control to even things out and it didn't help my trans feels at all. If anything, having periods more regularly just made me feel like utter shit.
>>
>>5252133
Ok, thanks for answering. As a FtM what do you make of my reasoning in >>5252121 ?
>>
>>5251005
>5251930
Eh, they're been studies that showed that before transition trans people have the normal hormone levels of their sex. So that's probably no the issue for most.
>>
>>5251005
yes, and it's clear that it only makes things worse. there's also some very flawed assumptions about the idea too.

First, most transsexuals do not have a hormonal imbalance, so there would be nothing to correct Second, the pain (dysphoria) transsexuals feel is caused by being the wrong sex, not by being to far from their birth sex or by having "the wrong hormones".

If there was a cure for being trans besides transitioning, I'm sure most trans people would take that offer because being trans sucks
>>
>>5251142
Basically, gender identity is only susceptible to hormonal influences early on. After that it's pretty much stuck there - so trans isn't a hormonal imbalance, it's a lasting effect of a hormonal imbalance.
>>
>>5251103

I can chime in here.

MTF with normal testosterone levels. Had to go OFF hrt for a while. Test levels shot WAY up. Ended up being miserable.

More test doesn't help if your brain don't want test in the first place.
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.