[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Genderfluidity
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 105
Thread images: 5
File: images.png (427 B, 300x200) Image search: [Google]
images.png
427 B, 300x200
I think I might be Genderfluid, should I tell my parents straight away? I know they will be accepting but im just embarrassed to say anything.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
>>
Genderfluid is not a thing.
>>
>>5244460
Who are you to say?
>>
>>5244369
You dont sound very sure of yourself, I'd just sit on it for a while and see how you feel after you've ruminated a bit
>>
>>5244534
Ok, I think I'll do that. Thank you.
>>
>>5244369
>>>/tumblr/
>>
Hi, i'm a straight white male.
Is this the place where i can find "people" to oppress ?
I'm open to meetingup for murder too, but i'm ok with just oppressing.
>>
How does genderfluid work? I'm FTM and I've never really understood it.
>>
>>5244573
That would be tumblr.
>>
I think you'll get better advice on tumblr
>>
Go back to tumblr plz
>>
>>5244586
It's bullshit, gender clinics won't even listen to them
>>
>>5244701
Why is transsexuality any less weird than genderfluidity. I think both are tumblr tier bullshit but I really can't see why genderfluids are worse. It's funny how trannies cry about intolerance yet are completely the same to other groups that claim to be oppressed
>>
>>5244701
all power to the mighty gender clinics and their unquestionable authority
>>
>>5244677
Never been to Tumblr....
>>
>>5244369
Start hanging out with only straight white mid-upper class women. Preferably at universities. Preferably women's studies classes. Make these chicks your whole life because literally nobody else believes in this shit.
>>
>>5244369
Is that Estonia's final form?
>>
>>5244369
>tumblr snowflake pseudo sexuality

git out
>>
>>5244369
If you know they'll be accepting and you live at home/are underage, definitely do it. They can help you find a good shrink. Otherwise, no, talk to some friends, try to find a good shrink, generally just weigh the pros and cons of coming out. Also ignore everyone who says it's not a thing, and actually don't worry about it being a thing or not, just figure out what you need to do in your life to make yourself happy.
>>
>>5244369
>mom dad im genderfluid
>yes son we all used ot be semen
>>
>>5249331
>I identify as Napoleon, that means I am him
>I don't have to look or act like Napoleon in the slightest, I just FEEL like him, and if you don't believe me you're oppressing me
>I've never felt any other way so it's impossible to compare, but I'm sure I'm special
>>
>>5249554
good point grandpa
>>
>>5249554
>wake up next day
>feel like Josephine now
>totes real flintlockfluid
>>
File: image.jpg (20 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
20 KB, 400x400
There is no such thing of genderfluid. What made you think this was a good idea to say on 4chan? Do you think that just because this is the LGBT board people will be as overly tolerant as tumblrinas?
>>
>>5244369
Special snowflake to special snowflake talk here, don't tell anyone who doesn't need to know. It's not worth the effort "educating" people on your weirdness.
I just let most people think I'm FtM, I don't bother bringing it up unless we're really close friends. At first, I did ask everyone to use use they/them pronouns for me, but after a while I realized it's really just not worth it, people don't get it and it's not good to fight people over it.
>>
>>5244369
I thought I was genderfluid until I realized I was a huge retard and actually trans.

If you're trans, you realize dysphoria hits in waves, and the want of being a girl is as well, so at times you feel more like a girl, or more like a guy, it does not mean you're gender fluid, but more likely trans.

However if what you want to is just not to follow gender stereotypes & roles, go away.
>>
>>5252458
>Educate
Being genderfluid is the deep and totally real feeling that you are smarter and better than fucking everyone else on the planet.

No but really. You're a queen, trap, femboy, or old school cross dresser. There are plenty of actually descriptive real terms you can use. You are intentionally using a bullshit umbrella term to be an asshole. That's why people don't like you. We are all educated.
>>
>>5249554
>implying genderfluid people don't transition
>>
>>5252499
>However if what you want to is just not to follow gender stereotypes & roles, go away.

This chick gets it.
>>
>>5253149
Those terms don't really describe people with a weird gender identity like genderfluid.

>queen
Stereotypical feminine gay dude.

>trap, femboy
Basically a tranny that passes and doesn't obsess about being seen as a "real woman".

>cross dresser
Makes you sound like a creepy fetishist.
>>
>>5253172
1. We can't describe a non-existent gender identity. You can't be dumb enough to not see that. So you're being an obtuse asshole.
2. I see you don't understand those terms or are shitting on them just to be an asshole. Again.

So you're not confused you're just an asshole. Case rested.
>>
>>5253187
>We can't describe a non-existent gender identity.
Yes we can, even if one thinks that it is 'non-existent'. Genderfluid simply means that your gender identity is strongly and decisively one thing at one time and something else at other times. Whether or not it exists, it has a meaningful definition.

>I see you don't understand those terms or are shitting on them just to be an asshole.
It's more that those terms have certain implications to the average person. None of them accurately convey specifically what 'genderfluid' is.
>>
>>5253223
>Whether or not it exists, it has a meaningful definition.
Re-read that until you realize how void and invalid that is.

> certain implications to the average person.
I am very technically bisexual so I can almost understand this, but you're being pedantic and autistic.

The point of language is to convey useful information to other people. So I just say gay. If I had a real conversation with a person I might say I dated women and occasionally find them attractive still. But I realized intimate connections could only happen with males and anxiously await finding my first (and hopefully only) boyfriendo.

But this is detailed intimate info you can't convey with gawdamn hashtags and shouldn't be in every introduction. so just pick whatever applies best to help others understand and stop being an insufferable snowflake.
>>
>>5253330
>>Whether or not it exists, it has a meaningful definition.
>Re-read that until you realize how void and invalid that is.
Do you think words like 'unicorn' or 'vampire' don't have meaningful definitions?
>>
File: snowflake.png (62 KB, 480x580) Image search: [Google]
snowflake.png
62 KB, 480x580
>>5253223
>those terms have certain implications to the average person
The average person has a vastly different definition of gender from yours. It's how your brain expects your body to be, and has a verifiable material cause, not "I identify as the sun" or whatever you are. You should start with that.
>>
>>5253392
I don't know, your image is way over the top, but what's so horrible with the ones that just stick with both male and female (bigender, genderfluid) or neither male or female (agender, non-binary). Seems to me since like those have a relationship to male and female, they can be fairly easily understood unlike plant gender or whatever.
>>
>>5253345
>genderfuid is like fictional, fake, not real things which people cannot be

Gotcha.
>>
Woo woo special snowflake alert woo woo
>>
>>5253487
>Whether or not it exists
The discussion we're having is whether it is possible for a fictional thing to have a meaningful definition. My point was that genderfluid may exist, and it may not, but even if it doesn't exist the definition can be meaningful.
>>
>>5244701

I work at a gender clinic and can confirm this
>>
>>5249331

It's definately not a thing. Out of all the gender fluid people who've come into where I work I'd say 9/10 decided they were cis and 1/10 found they were either mtf or ftm
>>
>>5253742
Your gender clinic is pretty bad/outdated then. Latest WPATH standards and the DSM 5 criteria for gender dysphoria both support giving treatment to non-binary people who need it.
>>
>>5252499
Basically this. I work as clinical psych. and most realise they're cis but the remaining figure out they're trans
>>
>>5253751
It's very well regarded in the UK. Most of the time they figure out they're not genderfluid, sometimes they're trans. Sure we can help them figure out what they are but we don't give them HRT...
>>
>>5253781
Is that how it goes for just genderfluid folk or do you require a binary trans identity to get HRT at all?
>>
>>5253551
>My point was that genderfluid may exist, and it may not, but even if it doesn't exist

Your doctrinaire autism is over 9000.

Everyone ITT is talking about whether genderfuqsnowflake is real. (It's not.)
>>
>>5253792
Do you have any actual argument as to why genderfluid isn't real, or are you just here to shitpost?
>>
>>5253791

You can get on blockers if you're unsure but feeling dysphoria.
We use whatever terms the person is comfortable with.
>>
>>5253798
Not that guy but genderfluid isn't real (excluding intersex) there are;

Genderfluid's who realise they're plain-out trans

And genderfluid's who realise they're cis.

That's pretty much it..
>>
>>5244701
I've never been to a gender clinic, but aren't they just someplace to help out with dysphoria and junk? Genderfluid people have no place there then, cause they'll just revert back to having no dysphoria in a matter of days.
>>
>>5244483
A rational human being.
>>
>>5253809
We help genderfluid people figure out if they're trans or cis. Most are special snowflake cis people.
>>
>>5253805
So, if someone is really super sure they're non-binary (not genderfluid), just 100% never identities as male or female and has consistent dysphoria, they can't get anything more than blockers from you?
>>
>>5253842
Pretty much. You could always try self med if you want but that can affect your treatment here.
>>
>>5253859
Why is it like that though? If they have dysphoria, why are you refusing to actually treat it?
>>
>>5253878
Blockers *IS* treating it. The only cases of genderfluid people I've seen who genuinely have dysphoria eventually find out they're plain out trans.
>>
>>5253888
Oops. Forgot my trip.
>>
>>5253888
No it's not, it's a temporary stopgap that doesn't do anything after puberty. I'm not even talking about a confused genderfluid 13-16 year old anymore. I'm talking about an adult who is dead sure they are non-binary and has dysphoria.

Also, how are you sure they aren't just lying to you to get what they want/need? Seems to me like if they realize that's what they are going to have to say, they'll do it.
>>
>>5253909
>doesn't do anything after puberty
Are you defining "anything" as massive structural changes to manjaw? Otherwise yeah blockers do a fucking lot.
>>
>>5253909
We know. We refuse treatment a lot. There's no such thing as genderfluid.

Intersex? Yes.

Trans (mtf or ftm)? Yes.

Cis? Yes.
Anything else? No.

Just no.
>>
>>5253921
I'm on them now (not the person you replied to) genuine question...what do they do? I'm on injection (the trip..something)..
>>
File: tumblr_nwc0anTY6z1uaqp4ao1_400.jpg (25 KB, 349x465) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nwc0anTY6z1uaqp4ao1_400.jpg
25 KB, 349x465
>>5244369
filename related
>>
>>5253935
you still haven't addressed though >>5253751
fuck the wpath shit, since that's just a bunch of trans lobbyists, but how do you feel about the fact the current DSM criteria supports people identifying as non-binary having gender dysphoria and getting treatment for it?

>Gender Dysphoria in Adolescents and Adults 302.85 (F64.1)
>A. A marked incongruence between one’s experienced/expressed gender and assigned gender, of at least 6 months’ duration, as manifested by at least two of the following:

>1. A marked incongruence between one’s experienced/expressed gender and primary and/or secondary sex characteristics (or in young adolescents, the anticipated secondary sex characteristics).

>2. A strong desire to be rid of one’s primary and/or secondary sex characteristics because of a marked incongruence with one’s experienced/expressed gender (or in young adolescents, a desire to prevent the development of the anticipated secondary sex characteristics).

>3. A strong desire for the primary and/or secondary sex characteristics of the other gender.

>4. A strong desire to be of the other gender (or some alternative gender different from one’s assigned gender).

>5. A strong desire to be treated as the other gender (or some alternative gender different from one’s assigned gender).

>6. A strong conviction that one has the typical feelings and reactions of the other gender (or some alternative gender different from one’s assigned gender).

>B. The condition is associated with clinically significant distress or impairment in social, occupational, or other important areas of functioning.

pirate a copy of the DSM if you don't have one if you need see it yourself to believe me.
>>
Guys, gender fluidity is a legit thing. It's called crossdressing.
>>
>>5253967
Intersex people do not exist.
>>
>>5253162
How could they transition? They identify as a different gender for every day of the week, there's no time for treatment!
>>
>>5253982
*genderfluid

Of course intersex people exist
>>
>>5253982
>>5254005
lol
>>
>>5254005
Why are you continuing on about genderfluid people? I can understand not wanting to give them anything since their identity is always changing, but that was about non-binary people.
>>
>>5254015
There is no thing as non-binary people. You have dick or you have a vagina, or you have the incorrect brain for your dick or vagina.
>>
>>5254015
Same difference....until you make up your mind you're not getting anything other than blockers and even them most of the time you won't get that.
>>
>genderfluid

What the fuck is this shit?

Saged, hidden, reported
>>
>>5254047
I'm glad I don't go to your clinic then. I've already shown you actual basis for treating non-binary people if they have gender dysphoria. My therapist actually goes by current DSM criteria and therefore gave me the treatment I needed regardless.
>>
>>5254056
Just learned that genderfluid is different from agender and non-binary.

What is this shit

>>5254070

So she gave you blockers.

Not biased. We go off fact, not fiction. You fuckers waste resources, time and effort. I don't know another clinic in this country that would agree with your therapist.
>>
People made up this genders because now it isn't so special to be LGB or even T.
>>
>>5254085
Pretty much
>>
>>5254080
Unless my pharmacy is putting a testosterone label on vials of blockers and then inserting them into testosterone packaging, that's not the case.

And my therapist is going off of fact. I qualify as having gender dysphoria under the criteria she uses. This is a fact, and whether or not you think non-binary people exist doesn't change that, so she gives me the treatment for the medical condition I have.

I'd like to point out I'm not even trying to convince non-binary people exist and never have been. It's been entirely about how you justify not treating people who have a medical condition, just because they use different words than you do to describe it.
>>
>>5254123
Homosexuality was treated once, that makes it a disease?

But, huh, I haven't done a full research on the subject actually, can you describe how it is to be non-binary? These concepts are relativitly new.
>>
>>5254123

Fuck off tumblr. She's doing it to shut you up or she thinks you're MtF. That's it. The fact you don't realise that makes me laugh..
>>
>>5254151
Homosexuality doesn't impair the person's ability to function is why it's not a disease.

I'm going to use an FtM as a comparison here, because I'm biologically female.
Pretty much, the female parts of my body cause me enough distress to impair my life functioning, same with an FtM, so I can't handle being gendered as female, I hate my tits, I hated having periods, and the idea that I have a functional womb disgusts me to my core. It's just that I don't feel like a man, and don't want male bits to replace my female bits like an FtM would.
Ideally, I would just have a completely neutral body with ambiguous genitalia that is unable to classified as male or female, but since that isn't possible, I'm going for a body closer to male because that's what makes me more comfortable.

I really wish I was just a tumblr-tier transtrender and could stop pretending and be comfortable with being a woman because that would be much easier.

Also, if dash is still lurking around
>inb4 you're just an ftm that hasn't come to terms with it yet
>>
>>5254160
Umm, you work at a gender clinic and you think a gender therapist prescribes testosterone to a MtF?
That was a typo, right?
>>
>>5254209
Ja...that was a typo
>>
>>5254196
Well, to some LGB people it does impair the person ability to function. I mean, there are a lot of suicides related to hating our sexuality. But, still, I know it isn't a desease or a condition.

I'm sorry, anon, I'm sorry that you feel like this with your own body. Neutrality, huh? Like angels :) maybe that's an explanation haha. Thank you for sharing your experience, I still think that are many gender categories -too many recent concepts- but at least now I understand you.
>>
>>5254243
True enough, but I'd say that's more down to social stigma and not being accepted by friends and family than something that is simply inherent to being gay/bi.
>>
>>5254254
Yeah, well, it's not related to corporal issues. But still, at least in my case, I didn't even knew why I hated myself, or didn't even realised my sexuality until I was old. Growing up in a very homophobic ambient put you on a position where you have to protect yourself even at a unconscious level.
>>
>>5254196
Interesting. What do your parents think of all that?
>>
>>5244369
If you're still here OP you should ignore what 90% of the retards on here are saying, nonbinary genders exist and this board is about a decade behind.
>>
>>5254867
Thanks, PC Principal. We'll bully these savages in to 2015 no matter what bro! Woo woo!
>>
>>5254031
That's a very basic way to think. Poor snails.
>>
>>5244738
Underrated post.
>>
>>5253983
This. I looked at an ask a genderfluid person got-they were offended that the asker has refered to them as "him" (the person in question had a huge busy beard, checked sweatshirt and hipster glasses) but insisted they were genderfluid and that yesterday they were queer but today they were a demigirl. Maybe if the asker had asked them in the 5 minute gap they were male they wouldnt have thrown a wobbly. Is it a coincidence how many genderfluid guys look like hipsters? Nope.
>>
>>5244369
IM genderfluid too..(leaning on trans)

if you know they will be accepting then just tell them! better than having conservitive parents
>>
>>5255191

I thought only reddit was into shitty south park memes.
>>
File: autismlvlup.jpg (4 KB, 320x140) Image search: [Google]
autismlvlup.jpg
4 KB, 320x140
>>5244369
shut the fuck up. you're probably 14 and retarded.
>>
>>5258818
Only shitty cuz you got btfo. Grow up. You should try leaving your safe space once in a while.
>>
>>5258874
>replying to someone with shitty south park memes
>btfoing someone
Choose one.
>>
>>5258874
>tells others to leave their safe spaces
>is literally triggered by people disagreeing with him/her/them
>>
>>5258994
>doesn't understand what BTFO or triggering means
>will cling to SJW faith and post anyway
Glad to see another PC bro, bro!
>>
>>5259300
>posts shitty south park maymays instead of coming up with an argument why non-binary people don't real
>>
>>5259300
>unironically thinks that shitposting at someone you disagree with counts as btfo-ing them
>calling someone out on shitposting makes one a "SJW"
>>
>>5259321
Because I made compelling arguments yesterday that nobody even bothered refuting because you fluid folk can't into rational debate. I see that now so I will just treat you like the confused religious zealots you are. You earned maymay treatment. Read the thread next time.
>>
>>5259406
What arguments? Point me to them.
>>
>>5259406
If you're unwilling to repost those arguments here or at least link to them, you have no business being in this thread. Making unsupported claims and posting dumb reddit memes is nothing more than shitposting.
>>
>>5259428
>literally cant scroll up cuz too busy trollin
>>
>>5259655
If you're too lazy to make the effort to support your own arguments, why should I go through the trouble of doing it for you? Besides, the only stuff posted in this thread as "evidence" that non-binary people don't exist was some person making unsupported claims that every non-binary person ended up being "really" cis or trans. Although even that argument was pretty weak, as their gender clinic apparently did not offer full treatment to nb people, so the ones actually wanting HRT or whatever would claim to be binary trans even if they were actually nb.
Thread replies: 105
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.