[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
whats the best hrt? My endo is pretty openminded and will let
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 1
File: conn.jpg (30 KB, 300x400) Image search: [Google]
conn.jpg
30 KB, 300x400
whats the best hrt?

My endo is pretty openminded and will let me try alot of stuff and combinations, so far i only took estrogene and no tblocker,it worked good.Now that i read often that estrogene alone is not optimal i think of changing.
>>
It's your endo's job to know this.

Anyway look up self-medding info and copy those dosages. You definitely need an anti-androgen until you get SRS or an orchirectomy
>>
I'm waiting for my referral to an endocrinologist to go through, I wouldn't mind knowing what the optimal blocker/e combo is myself.
>>
>>5237423
well im fuly healthy and capable of anything his choice was that i take gynokadin its an estradiol gel, i took it like 9 monthes now, i have small breasts, and less bodyhair, my face is not really more feminin and no fat redistribution but thats cause im bony and skinny as hell.

Now i hear from some ppl that you dont need a tblocker others say its very important, he says both works and we can try something different if i like.
>>
Do blockers help with reducing facial hair regrowth? I know that it reduces body hair somewhat..
>>
>>5237438
I'd say t blockers are essential. I'm trying transdermal patches now, gel would be my second choice and pure estradiol pills third choice.
Spiro was my first choice for an AA but I feel I'd do better with CPA. Trying that soon.

>>5237453
Barely. Combined with laser they have a good effect, but you'll not get rid of it without.
>>
if you are lactose intolerant, can you still use spiro?
>>
>>5237397
just google it you idiot

nothing works good if you only take e without antiadrognes
>>
>>5237397
Estradiol transmuscular injections, accept no substitutes. Use patches if you really have to. I doubt there is research on the topic but I am of the opinion that spikes in hormone levels, as pills and gel induce, will not give you as much development as constant medium-high levels of said hormones.
For AA: Cyproterone acetate (+Fludrocortisone to counteract aldosterone deficiency) or a GnRH analog like Leuprorelin. Spirolactone is never worth it.
Micronized progesterone after at least a year or hrt of whenever your endo recommends it.

>>5237692
No, you shouldn't.
>>
>>5238271
That's why you combine patches and gel.
>>
>>5237397
sounds like they're not really up to date with current research. i recommend a new endo.

i'd recommend being careful when you google dosing regimens. most "scientific papers" are just like "this is what dusseldorf institute used in 1993, so....".

I agree with everything >>5238271 said, except gnrh are vastly superior to alternatives, and should really be considered first.
goserelin-> decapeptyl-> lupron-> cypro-> everything i forgot -> spiro in order of quality.
>>
>>5238499
>goserelin-> decapeptyl-> lupron-> cypro-> everything i forgot -> spiro in order of quality.

How do you know this? Literally the first time I hear of most of those. Even if they're anti androgenic, how do you know they're superior?
>>
>>5238562
Tranny-hipsters.
>>
>>5238562
We get prescribed decapeptyl pretty much exclusively in the UK.
>>
>>5238562
That person is wrong. Injections that go into the muscle (like gonapeptyl) are better than orals
>>
>>5238499
>goserelin-> decapeptyl-> lupron-> cypro-> everything i forgot -> spiro in order of quality.

All I can get where I live is spiro. Better spiro than nothing right?
>>
>>5238271
im lactose intolerant and ive been using spiro for over a year
>>
>>5237397

The anti-androgen options I know of are spironolactone, flutamide, bicalutamide, enzalutamide, cyproterone acetate, and lupron (leuprolide acetate.) That's probably not all of them, either. I don't know a lot about any of them.

>Lupron's at least $2400 a shot without insurance because it's still under patent protection, but lasts half a year as your AA with one dose.
>Flutamide and bicalutamide are effective, I'm not sure about the safety of either. Bicalutamide can be effective for HRT at 12-50 mg and has a half-life of 6 days.
>Enzalutamide is much like bicalutamide, but seizures are a possible side effect. It's also under patent protection and has a half-life of 9 days.
>Cyproterone is not available in any legal US pharmacy. Some people use 25 mg, others 50 mg.
>Everyone should already know spiro, some people think it's garbage.
>>
>>5239288
>goserelin
Can you get this in NY USA?
Is there a link for more info on AA?
>>
i got spiro recently and have to take 100mg (2pills) daily. anyone know if you should take 1 spiro pill per 12 hours or both together?
>>
>>5240016
Take them 12 hours apart, same as the E
>>
>>5237438
blockers might help estrogen to get its job done because estrogen without blockers not only has to maintain cells but also block androgens

you don't need blockers per se but be sure your DHT is not too high
maybe look into DHT blockers instead
>>
>>5238635
well duh, but if you are terminally skinnyfat it will not work on you either way

source: genes
>>
>>5240016
Spironolactone has a short half life, so ideally you want to take it with a ~12 hour gap, after eating food so you will even out the dose as much as possible, and also allow your body to take most use of it. Drink lots of water as well.

For Cypro, as an example you're fine to take a pill every morning, as an example, as it has a ~40 hour half life.
>>
>>5237438
I take:
-Estradiol transmuscular injections
-spironolactone
-provera
And I have had good breast growth so far I'm up to AA cup in 2.5 months
>>
>>5240840
how old are you?
>>
If spiro is adequately suppressing my testosterone (to below detectable levels), is there still a reason to want to switch to a better AA? I'm only taking 100mg a day, and the diuretic side effects aren't that noticeable.
>>
>>5240852

Also, I get my levels tested roughly 24 hours after taking my last spiro dose, so there's clearly no spike in T.
>>
>>5240852

Different person but asking related question. I'm at 100mg but my testosterone is still in male ranges (400 now tho, so much lower). Should I double the dose and see if it works, or just switch to cypro and not have to bother with it or the side effects?
>>
>>5240865

Oh are you supposed to do that? I took spiro in the morning before my blood test.
>>
>>5240849
>>
>>5240617
Doesn't work if you're skinnyfat?
>>
>>5240886
were you fem looking before? have you had delayed puberty?
>>
>>5240896
for me it didn't work much because i guess there just isn't much fat to redistribute and so far i only got fat in my arms only

maybe other skinnyfat people had more luck than me
>>
>>5240919
Interesting, how long have you been on?
>>
>>5240903
I myself wouldn't say I was but that could be just me being overly critical...
My shoulders do only stick out about .5 each side from my hips

And no I didn't block puberty... did have gynecomastia (male breast growth) at age 20 for no reason...
>>
>>5240964
Had about a quarter size boob for a month before it dissappear
>>
>>5240964
how wide are your shoulders/hips?
>>
>>5240957
8 months
>>
>>5241524
gonna make me get a measuring tape are you? :P

give me a min to go find one
>>
>>5241605
looks like i was off a tad bit
shoulder: ~14
hip: ~12
>>
>>5241649
Wow that's really narrow, i'm like 17" shoulders and 12" hips.
Are your narrow shoulders just genetic or did HRT perhaps play a part?
>>
>>5241720
always been super skinny like this
>>
>>5241755
if you want i could list off the physical changes that i have notice
>>
>>5241770
Yeah please do
>>
>>5241850
2.5 months as stated >>5240840
-severe lack of body hair growth
-only shave like once a month to keep smooth
-AA cups
-smoother skin
-but super delicate (have given my self a rash from scratching my nose too hard)
-emotions seem to be starting to be affected
-don't know if weaker yet
-think butt is more jiggily

probably missed some stuff but yeah gist of changes atm
>>
>>5242008
well damn didn't format like i hopped
>>
>>5238635
>>5240840

What's the intramuscular estradiol dose and which brand should be used?
>>
>>5242673
my doc has me on 2ml of 20mg a month. it is suppose to be 1ml of 40mg but that is unavailable atm

the brand I'm on is Estradiol valerate. i haven't looked at any other as of yet cause this is what my doc wanted me on.
>>
>>5242711
ps i is dis annon >>5240840
>>
>>5242711
>>5242714

Do you know what your E levels are?
>>
>>5242774
Nope.. sorry, I don't go back to get another blood test until January.
which is weird cause that will be about going on 5 months and not the usual 3
>>
>>5243179
For just starting that is
>>
>>5243186
alright I'm off to bed... ill check this thread tomorrow if it is still around
Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.