[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Bathing Habits?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 4
File: oefkheroivhjeoi.png (1 MB, 1502x832) Image search: [Google]
oefkheroivhjeoi.png
1 MB, 1502x832
Hey /lgbt/, wanted your opinion.

> Met this cute guy.
> We end up chatting and decide to go on a date.
> First date goes well and we decide to make it regular.
> Go over to his house yesterday to hang out.
> We get talking about several different thing, eventually get to shaving/grooming.
> I'm bitching about the price of grooming products.
> He tells me it can be much cheaper.
> Says he (essentially) doesn't bathe with soap.
> Uses oil instead.
> A mixture of olive oil, tea tree oil, lavender oil, Flax seed oil, and rose hip oil.
> Says it's really cheap because you use olive oil as 75% of the total mixture, so the others go further, and you come out on top in the long run compared to buying quality soaps.
> He gets wet with warm water in the shower, shuts off the water.
> Rubs oil on his body/hair, lets it sit for a minute or two.
> Then he uses a silicone scraper to scrape the oil off, and a lice comb to pull it out of his hair.
> Rinses with warm water, pats dry with clean towel.
> Uses deoderant alternative.

Honestly I don't know how I feel. I mean, sure, he smells fine and his skin and hair seem really healthy. At the same time I can't help but feel it's kind of dirty. I mean, I put a little bit of olive oil in my hands and rubbed it over my hands and it feels so gross. Definitely doesn't feel like I'm getting any cleaning done. I can't imagine bathing without soap.

What's your opinion /lgbt/? Could you date a guy who doesn't bathe?
>>
>>5206495

>Not getting in the shower and trying it with him.

Also, since when was soap the expensive part of grooming?
>>
>>5206513
Well he also uses a straight razor and makes his own skin creams/chapsitck/ect.

He's kind of a DiY junky.

As for me, soap is one of the more expensive bits, since I have skin issues and can't use just any old thing on my skin. My soap costs 8-12$ a bottle.

As for the other bit, we aren't sexual yet. We haven't even kissed yet.
>>
>>5206495
>Bathing Habits?
Aside from taking forever to do my hair I'm pretty casual.
>>
Him using a straight razor is pretty hot, but making your own chapstick and shit is a little creepy.
>>
>>5206534

That guy actually seems really cool. I would marry
>>
He sounds like someone I'd like to know, OP. Clever fella you've found yourself.
>>
>>5206630
>but making your own chapstick and shit is a little creepy.

what?
>>
That honestly sounds gross as fuck. Bet his skin is oily as shit and he has acne.
>>
>>5206495
Cleaning yourself with oil was literally the standard for thousands of years. It worked well enough for them. The obsession with cleanliness and soap is an invention of the 18th-19th centuries.
>>
>>5206495
Most of the shit in soap isn't that great for you anyway. I only wash with warm water. I use a special shampoo twice a week. My skin is still a bit dry, but I'm not smelly or anything. Soap dries me out so bad its ridiculous
>>
>>5206937
There are a lot of things that were the standard for thousand of years and which we reconsidered because they kinda killed people.
>>
>>5206968
As to why I followed it up with the next two sentences. Please read entire post b4 responding. If that's not enough evidence, say so instead of shitposting.
>>
File: 10624381.jpg (20 KB, 350x278) Image search: [Google]
10624381.jpg
20 KB, 350x278
Bathing with oil was good enough for the Romans.
>>
The idea sounds sickening. The only time rubbing oil on your body is acceptable is for massages and wrestling.
>>
Sorry to all future boyfriends, but soap is a must.

Don't know how you'll deal with it OP.
>>
>>5207052
It was also probably normal to have what we would consider fucked up BO at the time.
>>
Sounds like dirty hippy scum.
>>
>>5207052
so was drinking from lead pipes
>>
>>5207637

Better than every other country on earth at the time who had no fucking water system at all.

Holy shit Rome was the first city to ever house more than 1 million people, which wasn't done again till industrial era London. The lead pipes may have been a problem but didn't seem to hold them back too much.
>>
>>5207700

Was an orgy of man love and gay sex too, shame about the syphilis.
>>
>>5207714
Well everything can't be perfect now can it?
>>
>>5206937
>>
>>5207700
>Holy shit Rome was the first city to ever house more than 1 million people
It was also a hotbed of horrible smells and disease. Face it life everywhere sucked until the invention of air conditioning
>>
This is getting off topic.

OP, does he smell bad? Is his skin bad?
>>
>>5207052
The romans bathed with soap made from animal fat and lye. You're fucking retarded. Oil is for pampering after you stripped everything off.
>>
>>5207700
There were water systems in Central America, India, and China at the same time you stupid faggot. You have no idea what you're talking about at all.
>>
>>5207927

Sorry but I'm not buying plumbing anywhere outside of possibly china and rome unless you have sources.

Still doesn't undermine the point: Those lead pipes were leaps and bounds better than the vast majority of other places. Also you cannot fault them when heavy metal poisoning wasn't going to be identifiable for a long time. It's like us today just figuring out certain petroleum products are bad for us.
>>
>>5207006
The first part of the post is still a fallacious appeal. You should not have written it. However you did write it which is why you need to be properly ridiculed for it. You can pretend to be a misunderstood victim of internet bullying or you can just stop making fallacious appeal. You can do it. I believe in you.
>>
File: th.jpg (14 KB, 300x225) Image search: [Google]
th.jpg
14 KB, 300x225
>>5206495
Same boat. I bathe with soap 1-2 a week but i don't use shampoo because its not good for your hair especially if you have curly hair.

Oil purging is the name for the practice.I know of it being used for your mouth, hair and face but never for the body

Olive oil is decent but if you really want a nice oil clean use coconut/coffee grounds scrub or grapeseed oil or avocado oil.

But ya i agree with him about it being cheaper most beauty products just try to steal your money.
>>
>>5206495
No issues, the fatty acids in those oils kill bacteria.
And oil baths are a thing, you should try it if you have skin issues.

>Bathing habits
I like hot showers, never had a bath in years.
Shave my armpits and pubic hair every 2-3 weeks or so.
My asshole every 5-6 weeks.
I like to scrub my buttcrack with anti bacterial soap.
And sometimes if I'm in the mood I fap.
Which I really do these days.
>>
>>5206534
>As for the other bit, we aren't sexual yet. We haven't even kissed yet.
what are you, straight?
>>
doesnt it leave his skin all greasy? surely a silicone scrape and water cant remove all the oil
>>
My habits

>Get erect so I have full access
>Soap up dick real good
>Stroke up and down the shaft, getting the insides, nooks, and crannies real good.
>Lather balls
>Massage and repeat the process of scrubbing really good with my hand, making sure not to miss a spot
>Half ass the rest

Smoothest nether region ever though!
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.