[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
My voice will never be feminine. I'm 100% passing aside
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
My voice will never be feminine.

I'm 100% passing aside from my adam's apple and voice. My voice is so deep and using it hurts me. I cringe when I hear a woman's voice and think about how much higher it is than mine.

I know there's voice training but my voice is deeper than 80% of men's. I'm a baritone, I can sing johnny cash songs. I will never manage a voice that sounds both natural and female. The best I MIGHT be able to do is a stiff-sounding deep lesbianish voice, with lots of practice and sounding retarded.

It's to the point where I'm not sure I wouldn't rather never speak again. Is there a good way to avoid speaking in public? is there a way I can permanently injure my voice so I can't talk anymore? having a female voice would be the best but that's not going to happen as far as I can see.
>>
>>5196619
Have you considered voice surgery?
You seem desperate enough and you don't seem to mind losing your voice
>>
>>5196689
as far as I understand it yeson (which seems like the best choice) just locks you out of the bottom part of your voice? so it doesn't really give any better results than voice training...
>>
I hope you're not actually considering injuring your voice. If one day a new way to change it is discovered, you would regret not being able to talk anymore.
>>
>I know there's voice training but my voice is deeper than 80% of men's. I'm a baritone, I can sing johnny cash songs.

Most men are baritones doofus. There's also plenty of cis women with relatively deep voices. I expanded my range by trying to imitate contralto singers that I like:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BK30r_SIZ-g
>>
File: 54.png (632 KB, 679x663) Image search: [Google]
54.png
632 KB, 679x663
>>5196619
You can change your voice drastically, it just takes time. Surgery will help but won't take you all the way.

That being said you can always consider the option of just not talking at all, or only talking in private to help train yourself. typically if you go somewhere, making a gesture that you're scribbling on your hand indicates that you can't hear/speak and people usually get that.

This is me before
http://vocaroo.com/i/s04N9e6hSzBG

This is me 11 months into training. No surgery, just grinding.
http://vocaroo.com/i/s0QOHCea0ZEj

I'm not going to pretend like i'm there yet, or that I don't sound like a complete fag but It's better than it was before. Doing your voice can be frustrating because it seems like you're making no progress/ sound stupid.
>>
>>5196961

nope, it completely reshapes your vocal chords to a more feminine style which basically just lifts your voice about 70hz with training.
>>
>>5197383
No bullshit you sound pretty good anon
>>
I can sing cash and leonard cohen. Just train your voice. It takes time.
>>
>>5196619
I was a bass in choir, I've been told my voice isn't bad
>>
Just have a smoky voice.
>>
>>5196619
>iktf
tfw cant participate in lesgen threads because my voice doesnt pass and I'm afraid someone will call me out on being a tranny. Usually when I'm playing online games and using a vent to talk with teammates I just say I have a cold and that's why my voice sounds deep/messed up
>>
>>5198174
They know
>>
>>5198192
no, trust me they don't. I've been posting in lesgen since the tinychat days and nobody has suspected me of being trans. I guess I deflect any suspicion because I'm really hateful towards any male posters and trans posters in lesgen.
>>
>>5197671
Thanks, it's been a lot of hard work.

I just hope OP will end up okay
>>
>>5196619
You'll make it OP you just need to work for it
>>
OP here, thanks for the responses.
>>5197383 You have a really nice voice. I guess I won't give up just yet.
>>
I have a high voice. I can't sing those songs at, it sounds as stupid as my attempt at female voice. Even though I have a high voice I can't figure out how to train it and im too lazy. Forever hon I guess :(
>>
>>5201727
Record yourself every day and compare to your oldest recording

Praat is really useful for getting the right pitch range.

The muscle you need to pull is the same one that makes your throat feel sore when you cry

the main idea is to restrict the size of your voicebox as much as possible.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.