[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
this isn't a shitpost before any of you start yelling about
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: Earth.jpg (129 KB, 1050x1050) Image search: [Google]
Earth.jpg
129 KB, 1050x1050
this isn't a shitpost before any of you start yelling about how i come from /pol/ or something, but i'm legit wondering something about the trans people here
the pimozide study. what's your opinion on it? do you think it's correct? do you think it's accurate? i feel that it seems accurate enough, but most trans people i meet say it's just a pile of shit, but refuse to say why. can someone do that for me please?
>>
>Works with one patient
>Is suddenly a study of an entire group of people

Yeah, sorry. I may be trans but I know how science works, and until I see a randomized study of a large sample I'm not buying it.
I would try it without question though. Gender dysphoria sucks dick and anything that would stop it is fine with me.

Then again of course, nearly all transgender people who fully transition (or transition as much as they want to) end up being happier and have minimal dysphoria, most of their gender dysphoria comes from being treated like their birth gender by other people.

So, a solution? Maybe. A better solution than the one we have now? Also maybe.
I wouldn't be opposed to an experimental study, but I'd want a real study.

Reminder that 50 years ago we started zapping gay people in the heads with electrodes to "cure" their homosexuality, something that was also based on one single study.
>>
>>5174251
the "study" is one person being put in pimozide
this person didn't feel dysphoria as long as it took the drug
after a year they lowered the dose and the dysphoria was back
if it even helps on every trans person it only helps you surpress so you can transition when you're a guaranteed hon
and it's most likely a lot less healthy than hrt
so maybe for "transpeople" who suddely decide they have dysphoria at the age of 70, but not for anyone else
>>
>>5174278
if more research was done on the topic and it proved to be effective, would you consider getting a prescription?
>>
>>5174294
Interesting point. Maybe it could be used for people who have dysphoria but know that life as the opposite gender would be too difficult for them.
SJWs would most likely hate that though.
>>
>>5174300
Depends on the cost and side effects. I'm already most of the way through a transition, though. So it's probably not economically viable as a treatment option.
>>
>>5174300
sure, why the hell not?
>>
>>5174300
Yes.
>>
>>5174300
Yeah, I would still transition thought because being a girl is fun as fuck
>>
>>5174251
link
>>
the study doesn't show clearly wether the person is actually trans or shizophrenic with pseudotransexual symptoms. they conclude with the suggestion to screen for mental conditions that can mimick transexual symptoms and treat them without transitioning.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.