[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are your unpopular opinions on /lgbt/? >pic related
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 103
Thread images: 10
File: FB_IMG_1446192159401.jpg (60 KB, 720x672) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1446192159401.jpg
60 KB, 720x672
What are your unpopular opinions on /lgbt/?
>pic related
>>
>>5157676
desu I'd agree. I'm still unsure whether asexuals are attention whores or just suffer fro low libido
>>
>>5157676
I don't think you understand the meaning of "unpopular"
>>
>>5157732
an opinion that people on this board would dislike
>>
>>5157679
I used to think I was asexual. I was just shy and gay.
>>
>The transbians aren't all bad and people hate on them way too much.
>The T should be welcome to stay in LGBT.
>Femboys should be free to take hrt if they know what they're doing and are paying for it on their own.
>Non binary people can exist. But we need more research on it.
>There needs to be a men's rights movement that pushes to loosen the strict gender roles imposed on males.
>HRT, SRS and FFS should be covered by insurance, provided the patient has a valid diagnosis and a recommendation letter from a doctor.
>You can be gay/trans and conservative, though being socially conservative seems like shooting one's self in the foot.
>It'd be more practical to change the acronym to HBT(homosexual, bisexual, transgender).
>>
>>5157676

Is there even a college girl left who doesn't claim to be bisexual these days?

Personally I'm more interested in what goes on in people's life rather than what goes on in their special little head.

A female-female couple will have a completely different LIVE than a straightmale-bisexualfemale couple.
>>
>>5157679
I think they exist to an extent, but many are just low libido or have social issues.
>>
I know more than a few people who're bi who're only into really femme girls and really masculine guys, though. They're also not really into transpeople.

Hence, pan.
>>
>>5157780
There being only 3 sexualities is a very popular opinion on this board.

Saying "tumblr sexualities are legit, like all others" would be an unpopular opinion.
>>
>>5157676
FtMs shill for themselves and no one else really likes them.
>>
>>5157830
>It'd be more practical to change the acronym to HBT(homosexual, bisexual, transgender).
No.
Because there are still stupid people who think that the homo part of homosexuality refers to males.
>>
>>5157946
There are still also people who read/hear "transgender" and can only think of MtFs and drag queens. By that logic, it should go from LGBT to LGBMF (replacing T with MtF and FtM)
>>
>>5157934
I know they're just opinions, but I feel compelled to say I like most of the trans guys I know.
>>
>>5157780
None of us are Tumblr SJW retards. If you had spent 5 minutes before posting your "edgy" image, you'd realize that a vast majority of this board agrees that meme sexualities are bullshit.
>>
>>5157676
>pic related
>unpopular
Probably 90% of this board agrees with you.
>>
>>5157676
I agree, but straight also encompass topping with cute boys, so there is some overlap.
>>
>>5157830
>>There needs to be a men's rights movement that pushes to loosen the strict gender roles imposed on males.

its called feminism, dumbass
>>
>>5157676
I've never seen an mtf with a straight looking or acting boyfriend
>>
>>5158105
Feminism only seeked to loosen gender roles on females and demonize males as predatory boogeymen that can't be trusted. See: TERFs, third wavers that demonize straight white males, 2nd wave radfems.

It's partially why western society seems to not give a shit about FtMs, yet MtFs are literally the devil.
>>
>>5158083
kek
>>
>>5157676
Straight men are generally more attractive looking than actual gay/bi men. Im bi, but almost every man I have ever had a crush on has been straight.
>>
>>5158105
>feminism
>caring about men's rights

6 million keks
>>
ok
>>
>>5157679
asexuals have low libido.
>>
>>5158169
>It's partially why western society seems to not give a shit about FtMs, yet MtFs are literally the devil.
I think it has more to do with that straight MtFs want hetero dudes. It challenges masculinity in a way different way than a straight girl with a FtM.
>>
File: 1446340203774.jpg (63 KB, 625x626) Image search: [Google]
1446340203774.jpg
63 KB, 625x626
>>5158105
>>
>>5158216
>unpopular opinion thread
>calls other things bait
>>
>>5157676
The only thing unpopular about that image around here is the belief that bisexuality is a legitimate sexuality.
>>
Transgenders never really become 'real' girls/guys. They have feminized/masculinized brain stuctures but they remain physically male/female. Transitioning is to relieve dysphoria so they can become functional members of society, not to actually become the other gender.
>>
>>5158230
This. Trans "men" still have uteruses and trans "women" still have prostates. No matter how much they want to be the other gender, they can't. You can't change biology.
>>
>>5157676
i agree op
but i do feel pansexuality has some legitimacy, but thats pretty much it
>>
>>5157676
THAT IS NOT HOW YOU USE A PIE CHART!
>>
>>5157679
Neither is true of REAL asexuals (I know because I am one) however there may well be plenty of people calling themselves asexual who fit into those categories.

>>5158105
Feminism is by definition a womens' movement, otherwise it wouldn't be called feminism. They may believe that men should be liberated from gender roles the same way women are, but their focus is still on women. There really needs to be a separate men's movement (or an egalitarian movement that doesn't focus on one gender over the other) that fights for that sort of thing.

>>5158230
I don't think this is really controversial. No one seems to claim that they become biologically male/female. It's more that if they successfully transition it becomes pointless to bother with the distinction in ordinary circumstances. If someone completely passes and lives as a woman, it makes more sense to regard them as a woman than as a man, regardless of what they biologically are.
>>
>>5158754
Stoned miku spends all her time saying she's as much of a real girl as a cis girl
>>
>>5158761
In what way? I don't recall her ever claiming she was born with a vagina or anything like that, which is literally the entire definition of "real girl". She may be pointing out that trans people are similar enough to "real girls" to be counted as such in normal circumstances, and that's what I was talking about above, but that's not the same as claiming to be a "real girl"
>>
>>5158230
idk tho. i know i'lll never be cis, but it definitely doesn't make me any less of a real girl. i see it as like a birth defect. like being born with an extra toe, or a missing whatever. just that my defect happened to be a thing with some huge impact on the rest of my body. reflecting on my life, absolutely everything suddenly makes sense, if i look at it as having always been a girl that'd been told to be a boy. any other differentiation is just nitpicking to make me feel bad imo.
>>
>>5158230
This, and to add to that, it's unreasonable for them to get upset or angry at someone else for "misgendering" or "using the wrong pronouns". It's reasonable to want treatment for a medical issue, but it's totally unreasonable to expect everyone else to play along with your beliefs, especially when they're not true.

I don't think many transsexuals would agree to say the Bible is the inerrant word of God and be shamed if they didn't, just because some people take it really, really personally and base their whole world on that.
>>
>>5158823
I think misgendering is only an issue when someone does it intentionally to make someone feel bad.
>>
>>5157676
In case anyone hasn't figured it out, "unpopular" is code for "uneducated"
>>
>>5158848
I kind of agree, but -- where do you draw the line between that and someone just standing on his own beliefs?

I guess the core for me is I don't think it's ever okay to *demand* it, like people can use your adopted pronouns and stuff as a courtesy or because they honestly believe it, but you have no right to demand it.
>>
File: 1331016931745_zpscaa5fc97.jpg (65 KB, 496x1024) Image search: [Google]
1331016931745_zpscaa5fc97.jpg
65 KB, 496x1024
>>5157676
That you don't have to be a retarded "muh feelings" liberal Jew shill to be a member of the LGBT community.
>>
>>5159988
I don't think it's really a matter of belief. You don't really need to go out of your way to call someone by their preferred pronouns (once you know what they are). It's basically just politeness. You can "believe" it's okay to call a mtf by male pronouns in the sense that you can "believe" it's okay to not say please and thank you.
>>
>>5161137
Yup. I'd rather people respected my gender identity, but it's not like I'm about to shatter if they don't. They're strangers - I can rarely work up the bonhomie to care if they live or die.

That said, more workplaces have harassment policies that clearly spell out that misgendering a colleague, client, customer, etc... is unacceptable every day. I don't feel like it's worth it to get in the habit of being intentionally rude to trans people when the habit will probably get you disciplined and dismissed one day.

And for what benefit? Me knowing you're sort of a prick? I'm sure you'll find other ways to express it.
>>
>>5157676
>Implying homosexuals and heterosexuals aren't both just delusional bisexuals
>>
>>5161531
>implying bisexuals aren't just homosexuals in denial and straight scum who want to be special
>>
>>5161531
>>5161602
Implying you both aren't retarded
>>
File: 1443632818092.jpg (660 KB, 870x1600) Image search: [Google]
1443632818092.jpg
660 KB, 870x1600
Nonbinary is a real thing co-opted by attention whores from tumblr.com
>>
>>5161602
>implying bisexuals won't fuck anything that isn't nailed down.... and especially if it's nailed down.
>>
Androgynous transsexuals are the only believable ones, when their body looks both male and female i tend to treat them/see them as whatever they act like, and don't find them weird

but ftms and mtfs that really look like the opposite sex [gigi gorgeous & that menshealth ftm] are bone chillingly creepy and i can only see them as the sex they were born as
>>
>>5158754

Feminism challenges patriarchy which is a system that imposes gender roles on everyone. Patriarchy hurts everyone in different ways but women specifically are placed below men in society. So if you want gender roles to be relaxed for men, you have to accept that the system imposing those roles also benefits you in certain ways and be willing to part with those benefits.
>>
>>5162115
>implying those aren't the result of biological differences

hermmmmm
>>
>>5162111
>mtfs that really look like the opposite sex [gigi gorgeous
Der bait.
>>
>>5162115
True, but many men (those who aren't inclined to follow masculine roles) don't benefit much from the patriarchy and would be much better off without those restrictive gender roles. The patriarchy was built to benefit men, but only a certain type of men.

>>5162128
Just because they're the result of biological differences doesn't mean that they're good or that we should keep them.
>>
>>5162134
Is there any mtf that passes?
>>
>>5162142
So cut off your balls or tits faggot.
>>
>>5162149
Yes, but obviously you won't be able to tell by looking at them.

>>5162153
I don't believe I am medically qualified to perform such a procedure. Besides, how would that stop the patriarchy from shaming me for not following traditional male gender roles?
>>
>>5162111
I feel the same way, but only about mtfs.
ftms that pass really well, I'm just impressed.
But I see what you mean about gigi gorgeous.

Ultimately I think it's about the roles we are assigning genders. We generally consider women "harmless" and men "potentially harmful". So it's an uncanny valley effect when you see a passing trans woman because suddenly something you consider innocent and harmless is now capable of rape, murder, violence, all the things we (incorrectly) associate with men only.

Just my two cents.
>>
>>5162142

>True, but many men (those who aren't inclined to follow masculine roles) don't benefit much from the patriarchy and would be much better off without those restrictive gender roles.

Really debatable. I'm trans and even if I never really occupied masculinity, I still benefitted passively in lots of tangible ways. I didn't have to deal with men invading my personal space, for one. I also didn't get slut shamed when I had sex. I was also considered to be competent at everything I did. Even from the time I was little, I was actively encouraged by everyone in my life when I did well in math and science.

I think about how I'm a physics major a lot and looking back, I really doubt I would have ended up in STEM if I wasn't AMAB. I was a great writer, too, and when I wanted to go to culinary school after I graduated, everyone from my peers to my parents to my teachers begged me to not "throw away" my talent with numbers. Would I have gotten that same kind of support and pushback if I was a girl in HS? I really doubt it.

I can name a ton more things, like not being pressured into feminine labor, having my intellect second guessed, being talked over, etc. etc. It's really different in so many ways.
>>
File: 1438348389621.jpg (44 KB, 400x325) Image search: [Google]
1438348389621.jpg
44 KB, 400x325
>>5158105
>>
>>5158230
Agreed, although I don't think anyone actually disputes the male/female distinction, it's more about man/woman.
>>
>>5162115
>Feminism challenges patriarchy
Garbage. It's just another iteration on it.
>>
>>5163323
So then how does one challenge patriarchy?
>>
>>5163563
We don't live in a "patriarchy". Western democracies are led by elected parliaments, not village elders
>>
desu
>>
>>5162358
You don't have your intellect second second-guessed because you are a "woman" but because you have a mental disorder.
>>
>>5163620
The dominant gender in our society is male, and that's the definition of patriarchy.

>>5163626
So being female is a mental disorder?
>>
>>5163632
>trans

You aren't a woman, champ
>>
>>5157882
>>hence pan
>>implying pan-sexuals only want one of two extremes?
>> dafuq
I don't think pan means what you think it means. I'm confused FOR you.
>>
>>5163636
And you think cis women don't have their intellect second-guessed because of their gender?
>>
>>5163632
Women, in the West, are equal under the law. Get over it. Go complain about patriarchy in Saudi Arabia
>>
>>5163640
I can't speak for every situation on Earth, I'm sure many men and women are second guessed and looked down on because of their gender.

You, however, are not. You are a man not a woman.

And can we stop this "cis" thing? "cis" women are just women.
>>
>>5163644
No, we really can't stop using descriptive prefixes. If we just said "women" it would include trans women, and Anon wanted to specify.
>>
>>5157679
Desu is a sentence ending particle. If you insist on using it, use it right.

>>5157830
I prefer GBLT, it gives a good progression of genders and sounds like a flamboyant sandwich.
>>
File: 2ptrofs.png (314 KB, 494x476) Image search: [Google]
2ptrofs.png
314 KB, 494x476
>but ftms and mtfs that really look like the opposite sex [gigi gorgeous
>gigi gorgeous
Surely you jest
>>
>>5163644
>And can we stop this "black" thing? "Black" women are just women.
>>
>>5163644
>men and women are second guessed because of their gender
>you, as a man, are not
????

>>5163874
>Desu is a sentence ending particle. If you insist on using it, use it right.
Are you new?
>>
>>5163626

Most people I interact with on a day to day basis don't know I'm trans, champ.
>>
>>5157676
>Refugees are welcome, integration acts need to be passed to improve their capability to stay in Europe
>Religion should be de-institutionalized non-violently, and replaced by a single "Humanist" society that acts as the ethical and moral guide for the western world.
>Anime can be an art form, and without it several things in western media would not be the way they are nowadays
>The only way to ensure progress in third world countries is to empower women
>>
>>5157679
Before HRT I was asexual but to use tumblr lingo panromantic while now I am a very sexual person and into dudes.
>>
I think demanding people say "cis" is as stupid as demanding that we call people with ten fingers "omni-fingered"
>>
>>5165518
When are people demanded to say cis? The closest to that is people being told that cis isn't a slur and just means non-transgender. No one's saying that people have to call themselves cis.
>>
>>5165530
read this thread...
>>
>>5165518
You're right, we should get rid of the word straight too. Straight is just normal, call it what it is.
>>
>>5162061
I agree.
>>
>>5165330
I don't frequent /lgbt/ so the little in-jokes are lost on me. I just remember when everything was Desu and it annoyed the hell out of me.
>>
>>5165570
It's not limited to /lgbt/, on Halloween they introduced a new word filter on all boards (except I think for [s4s]) where t.bh is filtered to desu.
>>
>>5165587
Ah, never noticed that before.
>>
desu
>>
>>5165556
You're right.
>>
I don't mind people making new sexuality labels if it more accurately describes what they are into, to me it's the same as chaotic good, lawful good, neutral good, etc being an extension of the basic good, neutral, evil, morality alignments. Not to mention getting butthurt over it is silly in general.
>>
>>5166173
amen
>>
File: 1427113744303.gif (509 KB, 500x246) Image search: [Google]
1427113744303.gif
509 KB, 500x246
>>5166173
>>5166192
>>
>>5163632
>The dominant gender in our society is male

Yeah because women don't fucking do anything.

There's nothing stopping women from banding together and taking over. They're half the human race for fuck's sake, it's not like they're outnumbered and oppressed. They could rise up and dominate the world tomorrow if they wanted to.
>>
File: 1446424652562.jpg (81 KB, 737x621) Image search: [Google]
1446424652562.jpg
81 KB, 737x621
>>5166298
>>
Seeing as apparently this is an unpopular opinion, I am alright with large amounts of different sexualities for different people who feel more comfortable woth different labels.
>>
that there is nothing wrong with teens having sex with adults.
>>
Relationships are overrated. I have yet to see a happy marriage/romantic relationship in my surrounding. Just give it time and shit will turn sour. I don't know if it's our culture, or if we just live too long now for love to survive until one of the partners kicks the bucket, but it's always ultimately a lot more drama and stress than love and bliss.
>>
>>5168775
I think the problem is labels, everyone's got to have theirs . and if your labels are ones a person doesn't like then they immediately hate you. I think focusing on labels is what caused all the stupid PC BS and tumblr assholes.
>>
>>5162061
What does nonbinary actually mean then? I have trouble with it myself.

Sometimes, I think it describes me. Others, I think I'm being an attention-whoring faggot in order to distract myself from my awful ugliness. I worked hard for a long time to alter my voice, style my hair, dress androgynously/blend my clothing, and still be moderately attractive, but I didn't do it in order to look gender-neutral. Just because it felt right.

I've been this way as long as I've been dressing myself. It depends on the day, but I get both "sir" and "ma'am" a lot, and while in the past it would make me feel attacked and criticized, I just don't care anymore. Except when someone is creepy or a raging cock about it.

Sorry about the blogging.
>>
LGB are the only real sexualities and everything else is attention whoring

transgenderism is a mental illness that should ideally be treated with therapy and medication rather than surgery and hormones

lesbians cannot have sex with one another

pride parades and gatherings are harmful to the 'gay community' as a whole

gays and lesbians would be much more widely accepted if they stopped associating with trannies, femmes, bulldykes, and fetishists

i don't particularly have any sympathy for people who try really hard to appear outwardly gay and then get 'bullied' for it

i don't think that people should feel compelled to come out, and that in many cases staying closeted is the better alternative
>>
>>5173289
>transgenderism is a mental illness that should ideally be treated with therapy and medication rather than surgery and hormones
I'd agree with that if therapy and medication were effective. Regardless of one's views, it would be a violation of basic medical ethics to insist on providing a less effective treatment than is available.
>>
>>5173289
>i don't particularly have any sympathy for people who try really hard to appear outwardly gay and then get 'bullied' for it

>i don't think that people should feel compelled to come out, and that in many cases staying closeted is the better alternative

OK but how are you gonna get laid if you don't look gay? Guys are so much more comfortable hitting on you when they know you won't be offended by it. My sex life improved dramatically when I started presenting fem instead of being closeted about it.
Thread replies: 103
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.