[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why are so many bisexual people coming out as gay now instead
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 2
Why are so many bisexual people coming out as gay now instead of just bisexual?
>>
I came out as gay when I was like 14 and had no idea what I was doing any of the time. I now realise I'm bi but I can't shake the label
>>
I think there's two different things going on here.

I think the first part is that bisexuals will come out as gay when they mainly prefer men and it just makes life more simple that way as not to invite unwanted attention from the opposite sex.

The second is I think some of these "bisexual" men who identify as gay and sometimes will say they are attracted to women are confusing finding something beautiful with being sexually aroused by it. I can find a woman beautiful and appreciate that beauty, but the idea of sex with her is repugnant. I think Tom Daley falls into this category because he teeters between
>I am a gay man now

and then at some times saying he is still sexually attracted to women. And I arrived at this conclusion because he has stated in interviews about his sexual attraction to women that Dustin Lance Black is sometimes sexually attracted to women too.

I think what's going on there is Dustin Lance Black finds some women beautiful, he doesn't want to sleep with him. Dustin Lance Black is certainly no bisexual, and so I think Daley is applying the same thought processes to himself, that sexual attraction and finding something beautiful are the same thing. I have no doubt Dustin finds some women beautiful, but sexually attractive? Kek,

So I think Daley is a gay man whose just confused about the difference in terminology.

I think that's the two categories of bisexuals who come out as gay, one is attracted to the opposite sex but not as strongly as the same-sex and the other is confusing attraction with beauty, Remember Tom is awfully young.
>>
>>5358401
Because bisexual people are treated terribly by straights, and gays alike. So if you have a preference for men, it's easier to just say you're gay.
>>
Pansexual here, i recently came out to my family as gay. The reason i chose to do that is because i also surprised them with the fact that i had a boyfriend who i had been secretly with for two years and in my heart he is the one for me.
I didn't need to go further down the rabbit hole to tell them i was more degenerate than gay. They will only see me as one thing which is much simpler than trying to understand pansexuality, it's hard for them to understand how i became
gay so i can't imagine how things would have gone if i told them i was pansexual. I think depending on how you look at it, leaving potential options will make family members tell you that you should go for a girl instead of a guy. I wouldn't
want to be constantly suggested that i date women instead of guys, i would want them to know that there are no other options. The problem comes when you start dating women.
>>
>>5358619
I'm sorry, it's just that you referring to yourself as pansexual reminded me of something amusing. Once I referred to myself as bisexual, and was accused of invalidating trans people's identities, once I called myself pan, and got called a special snowflake. Both on this very board.
>>
>>5358558
Or if you're bi but mostly gay and don't want to be hit on by women. Even then you might still get hit on, I'm gay and still I get some woman hitting on me, woman who are just obsessed with gay men, and there are some women out there who have it in their head that they can turn a bi guy fully straight, and sometimes it's just easier for a bi guy who is mainly interested in men just to come out as gay, that way the chicks who are obsessed with gay men and bi men will sooner take the hint rather than later.
>>
>>5358619
Pansexual is the same damn thing as bisexual, stop with the making of snowflake terminology.

We already got enough damn letters on LGBTQIA, we don't need to be adding Pansexual to that as well. Stop making up shit, you're bisexual.
>>
>>5358634
>invalidating trans people because you said you were bi

you should ignore trannies full time.
>>
>>5358638
Why would they think they could turn a bi guy straight.
>>
>>5358650
its a fetish. Kinda like how gay men try to convert straight men.
>>
>>5358634
That makes zero sense, that's like telling a gay man they need to come up with a new terminology to include mtf's as well. It's dumb and unecesarry and my God the trannies really hgave us by the balls getting us to bend over backwards to suit their every whim even when it's bullshit.

Like when they protested over the movie Stonewall because there weren't enough trannies and colored folk in there. There actually weren't that many trannies there, they were gay men in drag and for some reason when it comes to history mthe trans community loves reassigning anyone who dressed up as the opposite sex as transexual. I wouldn't be surprised if in 50 yyears from now the transexual community would get upset if you called RuPaul and gay male, because he happens to enjoy drag.

They love rewriting history and taking offense over bullshit.

>You're bi thats anti trans blah blah blah
>>
>>5358638
Does it make me anti-trans if I'm gay and won't sleep with a ftm? I don't sleep with women does that make me sexist? I don't sleep with black people does that make me racist? I don't sleep with fat people does that make me, I don't know what the word for that is?

It's called appreciating some features over others and there are certain features a trans person can never achieve.
>>
>>5358634
God the grievance industry is really a booming business.

>You won't have sex with me, that must mean you hate me and all people like me

Jesus Christ, this shit has got to be stupid it's getting absurd.

I also have no desire to sleep with sheep but that doesn't make me anti-sheep or hate sheep. Since when does an unwillingness to fuck mean you must hate that person and all people like them?
>>
>>5358691
>a mild vent on social media is somehow an industry
You're functionally retarded are you?
>>
>>5358691
If you won't sleep with someone purely for being bi, you obviously have a problem with bi people.
>>
>>5358634
Wait wait wait, if they want to be identified as the sex they view themselves and don't want to be called 3rd gendered why do they want categories made up that treats them like a third gender. There's a certain double standard going on there.

>Call me a man thats what I identify as
>If you say you're bisexual that must mean you won't sleep with me

Well bi implies two. So unless you identify as a third gender then theres no need for a new word.
>>
>>5358504
>The second is I think some of these "bisexual" men who identify as gay and sometimes will say they are attracted to women are confusing finding something beautiful with being sexually aroused by it.

This has been me for years, I used to think to my self "hey I notice beautiful women all the time and I like to look at their ass", meanwhile I go jack off to full frontal male nudity pics of hung celebrities. "huh I never jerk off to pics of naked women no more... must be desensitization from seeing too many pussies, im totally straight, id fuck her right in the pussy".

What makes someone become a confused homosexual in denial(someone like me)?
>>
>>5358701
What if you don't have a problem with bi people but where there dick might have been? Like I can only sleep with a bisexual man who has only been with other men or is a virgin otherwise I start thinking of the fact that there dick once was in a pussy and then I start thinking about pussy and I get turned off. Pussy disgust me, so things that have touched them automatically bring up that association.
>>
>>5358701
no that's a valid reason.

You're as retarded as a tranny that tries to guilt trip people into sleeping with them and calls them transphobic bigots for saying no
>>
>>5358641
Well pansexuality is a subset of bisexuality so you can technically say i'm bisexual. The reason i use pansexual as opposed to bisexual is because some bisexual
men and women would not date trans people. Personally i don't care what snowflake term people refer themselves as, i just like cute people that i vibe well with.

>>5358634
I hear ya man, i don't typically like labels because you get hated for anything. I either tell people i'm gay if the situation calls for it or i shut my trap. I hate conflict.
>>
>>5358714
Nobody tries to fucking guilt anyone, people vent when they're angry or annoyed or disappointed. You don't like their venting, fine, then go out of the way. It's not some grand political movement out to get you.
>>
>>5358714
Difference in appearance with trans people, makes it valid, to my knowledge bi people don't look a certain way. It's almost as if you would have to be harbouring some prejudice to place a blanket-ban on having sex with/dating bi's.
>>
>>5358723
Well it's a problem when they try to make you out to be a bigot for not conforming to their expectations, and who wants to be labeled a bigot?

It's a problem in our society that everyone tries to tip toe around by never saying anything un pc otherwise you get labeled as a bigot and people start treating you like a piranha.
>>
>>5358723
>It's not some grand political movement out to get you.

you should see tumblr in action

>>5358727
this guy >>5358712
has it right.

Don't wanna mess around with a dude who's got vagina juices on his dick.
>>
>>5358727
Actually bi people do look a certain way, there science behind men having a "gay face" or a "straight face". So I assume bi people must have some sort of mixture of a gay and bi face.

What if you only like gay faces and not straight or bi face?

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/science/gay-and-straight-men-may-have-different-facial-shapes-new-study-suggests-8928519.html
>>
>>5358739
Hmm. Didn't know about that.
>>
>>5358734
>you should see tumblr in action
Tumblr is less of a hivemind than this board, fucking infantile, tribalistic moron.
>>
>>5358732
>who wants to be labeled a bigot
No one, especially not bigots. Klansmen, too, recoil at the accusation even when it's true.
>>
>>5358755
Not wanting trans people to have equal rights is bigoted, not wanting to sleep with a trans person who even if they have fully transitioned to the sex you're attracted to is not.

What's next mtf's griping that gay men won't sleep with them because they have vaginas now...

>but but my DNA is male
>>
>>5358755
>i hate your kind and want to kill you
yes, that statement is bigotry

>i'm not interested in a relationship with your kind. You guys just aren't my type
not bigotry. Am I a bigot if I refuse to date skinny men? No.
>>
>>5358401
You know how they have studies that show gay men and straight men have different brains, and that a portion of the brain in gay men is similar to heterosexual women?

What about bi guys? Are their brains in between that of a gay man and a straight man?
>>
>>5359106
What causes the brain differences? Do they know?
>>
>>5358401
Because some shits don't want to accept bisexuality
They either say "He's straight and wants to feel special" if their in a hetero relationship or "He's gay but wants to fit in with the straights" if their in a homo relationship

Also, when coming out friends and family already know that I'm interested in people of the opposite gender. That isn't news or something interesting to them. The only thing that is new to them is that you are sexually attracted to the same gender. Bi people feel like they are both gay and straight at the same time but they have already came out about being straight

Also homophobic people don't care to differentiate. They don't see gay or bi, they see faggot or faggot.

Also bisexual people are often hated by the gay community and straight people alike so it's easier just to choose one

So, yeah, there are a lot of reasons.
>>
Because bisexual men don't exist. They are gay guys who think that because they like women too they are somehow "not actually gay". I call BS on every bi guy.
>>
I think the hatred that bisexual men undeservingly get from straight people is for the same reason gay men receive it, but I think the hatred that bisexual men sometimes underservingly get from gay men is due to a more complex matter.

I think that particular hatred comes from the fact that many gay men come out as bisexual at first as a stepping stone before fully coming out, to still cling to some notion of heterosexuality and also test the waters.

I think this thus makes some gay people suspicious of all bi people, that they may in fact be gay and hiding who they truly are.

My hypothesis.
>>
>>5362288
So you're acknowledging that there are people attracted to both men and women and you don't think that bi exist? what?
>>
>>5362288
nice dubs but dude i fuck everything. Man, woman, trans, don't give a fuck long as they be cute and don't make me wanna kill myself all is good
>>
>>5362445
>>5362288
I have no problem with bisexuality in of itself, I just hate the thought of being with a man thats been with a woman let alone being with a woman, and being with a trans man I would keep thinking this penis used to be a vagina, and plus I'm a bottom and want a nice stiff dick up my ass and not a dildo. Call me picky but I like my men pure with no cream or sugar.
>>
>>5358401
>Why are so many bisexual people coming out as gay now instead of just bisexual?
It could be that in some cases ( like myself ) they felt safer saying they are bi than just coming right out and admitting they are gay. Kind of like a stepping stone. It is easier than just coming right out and saying you are gay and truthfully, some people are not really sure at first.
>>
>>5367507
Are you kidding? Gay people are accepted way more than bi people, there are still a ton of people who don't even believe bisexuality exists.
>>
>>5367507
>>5367554
Also thanks for contributing to the problem.
>>
>>5367554
First off i am 50 yrs old, when I came out as bi it was in the 80's not such a great time to be gay Being raised catholic and with all the straight role models it made understanding the feelings I was having very difficult. it took a long time to come to terms and accept this, I am happy that things were much easier for you but keep in mind that circumstances are different for everyone.
What is this "problem" that I am contributing to?
going by the OP's question that "problem " seems to be Bisexual people coming out as gay, where in essence I was a gay man coming out as bisexual. So where is this big problem?
>>
>>5362236
Probably thousands of different things. People aren't simple machines.
>>
>>5362236
one study said younger sibling have a higher % of being gay b/c the pregnant mothers hormones get better and better at penetrating womb as she has more kids.
>>
>>5367554
this
>mfw people thing gay is a binary switch you throw when u do anything with a guy
>>
>>5367554
I'm convinced that bisexuality is a concept made up by the Jews to confuse those who are gay or straight into thinking they might be bi just because they find someone beautiful.

It's meant to divide people and cause conflict, the Jews invented bisexuality.
>>
>>5369530
Gotta disagree with you. I have slept with plenty of women and men. I'm down for pussy most of the time but sometimes I need a cock to suck/fuck. Why the fuck does it matter desu. Fuck who you want to fuck and be happy.
>>
File: mystery.png (284 KB, 491x491) Image search: [Google]
mystery.png
284 KB, 491x491
>>5369655
>>
>>5369655
This here is Jewish propaganda.
>>
>>5369530
Seems legit.
>>
>>5358714
>>5358734

This isn't discrimination based on sexual orientation at all.
>>
>>5358504
>I can find a woman beautiful and appreciate that beauty, but the idea of sex with her is repugnant.
I don't understand this. Like I understand it from heteros steeped in their sexual hangups, but not from a gay man. I'm bi so I'm not in a position to judge, but if you have an aesthetic appreciation for both sexes then how can you find sex with one or the other "repugnant"? "Boring" I could understand. Are you absolutely certain that's how you feel, or is it just how you're supposed to feel?
>>
I never done dated me a bisexual man before.
>>
>>5358401
its just easier
>>
Well... I came out as bi to my friends and after that they just payed more attention to whom I look at and they kinda realized I care less about women. They act way more like if I was just gay.
>>
>>5371776
Because vaginas are a bit icky.
>>
>>5376109
And assholes aren't?
Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.