[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is there something wrong here?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: hhmm.png (2 MB, 1224x1224) Image search: [Google]
hhmm.png
2 MB, 1224x1224
My endocrinologist recently switched me over from pills to patches and the dosage seems a bit weird. 0.075 mg seems like an astronomically small dose compared to the 6 mg a day I was on before on pills.
>>
The amount of estrogen you're supposed to have in your blood is actually ridiculously small. It's measured in picograms per milliliter. Pico meaning 10^-12, so 1/1,000,000,000,000th of a gram. When you take estrogen orally most of it gets torn up in the stomach and only a small amount makes it to the liver to be metabolized. Patches have much better bioavailability, but I guess I'm not sure what an equivalent dosage would actually be
>>
>>5334219
i'm sorry i don't know for certain, but if i had to guess, it might have something to do with the fact that because pills are ingested (did u swallow or were they sublingual?) a lot of it gets passed through ur system without being absorbed. whereas patches are applied directly to the skin, and are a lot stronger, as more of it is absorbed than pills.

this might be misinformative af, this is just an educated guess. i just know abt patches because my clinic prefers to use patches for patients and they've talked to me abt them before.
>>
>>5334235
That's a damn good explanation, I was going to post something very similar.

Listen to this person, OP.
>>
>>5334219
>When you take estrogen orally most of it gets torn up in the stomach and only a small amount makes it to the liver to be metabolized

What about if you take it under the tongue?
>>
>>5334257
sry, this was meant for
>>5334235
>>
>>5334257
Taking it sublingually is more effective than orally but I'm not sure to what magnitude
>>
File: XwOB5.png (73 KB, 731x766) Image search: [Google]
XwOB5.png
73 KB, 731x766
>>5334264
Provided the pills are micronized. Else it's kinda pointless.
>>
>>5334315
So if I'm reading this right, sublingual administration means you get a massive E spike that quickly drops down, but still remains higher than an equal oral dose
>>
>>5334350
Yes indeed.
>>
>>5334264
Can't remember exactly... found this through googling a while back (probably ended up on /r/asktransgender).. but I think orally taken pills lead to about 12% (maybe it was 2%) of the estrogen being absorbed into the bloodstream where as sublingually was roughly 80% absorption.
>>
>>5334257
Provided you have pills that can actually be taken that way. It will just give you a massive peak and trough of serum estrogen levels. For this reason it's incredibly hard to get accurate blood test results since if you get a blood test say 2 hours after your dose it'll look like your dose is way to high but wait a few more hours and it can look too low.

I was on sublingual before getting swapped to patches and my levels ranged from 900 pmol/L to under 200 all while being on the same dosage. On patches I get a steady 500pmol/L.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.