[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How does dating work if you're transsexual? I mean how
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 13
File: Transitioning.jpg (42 KB, 403x750) Image search: [Google]
Transitioning.jpg
42 KB, 403x750
How does dating work if you're transsexual?

I mean how do you find people who
>Are okay with you being trans
>Are okay with not having children
>Are okay with eventual comorbid issues
and at the same time are the right person for you? Seems like finding nail in a haystack.
>>
>Are okay with you being trans

This can be a plus. The fact that I have an extra something down below has gotten me dated with men far out of my league, income bracket and social status.

>Are okay with not having children

Being child-free has become almost a plus a in this generation.

Something telling me this is bait, hmm.
>>
>>6501569
>This can be a plus. The fact that I have an extra something down below has gotten me dated with men far out of my league, income bracket and social status.
I intend to get surgery though. And I don't think trans fetishism exists in my country.

>Something telling me this is bait, hmm.
Not really. You can ignore that part if you want to, though.
>>
>>6501144
>met current boyfriend on "trap" IRC channel when I was early transition
>we're still together 4 years later

I really doubt it's that hard. I mean, if they are sufficiently aware of trans issues, then they kind of know what baggage follows being trans.

>>6501569
>Something telling me this is bait, hmm.

It's unfair to say that liver function scares and mental illness don't trail trans people, for whatever reasons.
>>
>>6501892
I've met people who don't even know that it's a psychiatric diagnosis. They think I transitioned for fun.
>>
>>6502120

Have those people tried to date you?
>>
File: image.jpg (54 KB, 439x439) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
54 KB, 439x439
>>6501144
I swear this isn't b8, but why would you want to have a bf/husband op? I was watching Bridesmaids with my gf the other night and she started to bring up marriage and then it hit me like a train, women go to shit after that. At that point the duty of the wife is to basically pop out babies for the husband and then let him fuck her whenever. She does get compensation, but honestly most wives want to have an easy life where they depend on there husband for everything. Doesn't it scare any of you trannys that your husband can dip whenever and you're basically fucked over at that point. Ye you get alimony, but realistically if your husband ever decides to take you back to court or if you have a higher degree than he does then that check is either lowered extremely or non existant. Idk guess just wanna know the thought process.
>>
>>6502133
>Doesn't it scare any of you trannys that your husband can dip whenever and you're basically fucked over at that point.
Why is that supposed to be scary because of bf/husband, in particular? We're all people free to enter and leave one-another's lives as we will. Does having a legal agreement of solidarity with assorted benefits and concessions which will often mitigate the most disastrous possible economic consequences of a partner leaving so terrible?

>Ye you get alimony, but realistically if your husband ever decides to take you back to court or if you have a higher degree than he does then that check is either lowered extremely or non existant.
And what's frightening about this? If you've got substantial earning power outside of the person you married, where is the disaster in eventually receiving lesser/no compensation?

And if you stayed employed, things never get to that state.

Other than legal reasons, marriage serves as a symbolic agreement drawing two separate families (and sometimes communities) into protecting a nurturing the relationship. The parties attending a wedding are not merely witnesses, but are made complicit in the marriage. Not everyone understands this explicitly, and there are those who do not even do so implicitly, but unless your invitees are all terrible people, you've recruited many helpful bodies for making your relationship survive and thrive at your wedding.
>>
>>6502133
>At that point the duty of the wife is to basically pop out babies for the husband and then let him fuck her whenever.

I believe this is called 'nature'.
>>
File: 1455351761618.jpg (85 KB, 1000x1414) Image search: [Google]
1455351761618.jpg
85 KB, 1000x1414
I just don't put myself out there, honestly. I don't get rejected, I never even try, and I push away the people who show interest on their own. People seem to accept me as a girl now, but how could a subhuman like me ever be worthy of a man's love, or fit to adopt and raise kids...

I don't want to sabotage someone's life by letting them in, even if they think they want me.
>>
>>6502161
I'm talking about realistically cause not everyone thinks this way. Most women don't mind working until they get married, or have kids at which point it's dependant on the husband. I'm not saying it's a bad thing that someone has a better degree, has a higher pay, etc, but women get to a point where companies stop hiring because of age and how long they've been out of work. Most places will hire old men because grey hairs show "experience". Not saying this is right by any means, but it is what is. Most companies don't want to hire a 35 y/o recently divorced woman who hasn't worked in years when you can hire some 20 y/o fresh out of college. I understand that families are there to support, but realistically most trannys I know/met have never had the best relationships with their families. Yes they may have friends that they count as "family", but that doesn't help them the way a parent figure could mentally, emotionally, and financially when their marriage is tested. Any thoughts to contest this?
>>
File: image.gif (106 KB, 438x438) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
106 KB, 438x438
>>6502198
You shouldn't think that way anon that's a sad way to live.
>>
>>6502198

You got my thought process down exactly.
>>
>>6502188
>MUH BIOLOGY
>>
>>6501144
All of these problems are solved by just not being monogamous. Polyamory is a viable option you know.
>>
You can find anyone if you love yourself enough. I know it's so trite and cliche, but

Self love is like a light being on in a lighthouse and the boats are like your prospective partners. The boats can only find you if the light is on.
>>
File: stallmanisnotamused.jpg (166 KB, 1600x1067) Image search: [Google]
stallmanisnotamused.jpg
166 KB, 1600x1067
>>6502273
> stealing my hug gif
>>
File: image.gif (504 KB, 500x366) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
504 KB, 500x366
>>6502586
I steal everyones hug gifs, gotta spread the love.
>>
As a transwoman who only dates women ime although some older lesbos are vehemently anti-trans, most younger ones(18-23 year olds, same age range as me) really don't give a fuck as long as you pass, and bi girls care even less
>>
>>6502133

>I swear this isn't b8, but why would you want to have a bf/husband op?

Why do you want a gf/wife?

>At that point the duty of the wife is to basically pop out babies for the husband and then let him fuck her whenever.

Not that I would mind.

>honestly most wives want to have an easy life where they depend on there husband for everything.

I hope to be useful beyond and in addition to offering my asspussy on command.

>Doesn't it scare any of you trannys that your husband can dip whenever and you're basically fucked over at that point. Ye you get alimony, but realistically if your husband ever decides to take you back to court or if you have a higher degree than he does then that check is either lowered extremely or non existant. Idk guess just wanna know the thought process.

A bit. But then again, I'm Catholic and I don't believe in divorce. :^)

Also, are you a guy?
>>
File: trigger.jpg (25 KB, 480x517) Image search: [Google]
trigger.jpg
25 KB, 480x517
>>6502273
What if adopting/raising a kid/falling in love with a guy created a situation where there were people who I loved, but I was making their lives worse somehow on accident. Especially a kid...
>>
File: Screenshot at Jul 02 20-05-41.png (3 MB, 2392x1798) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot at Jul 02 20-05-41.png
3 MB, 2392x1798
>>6502680

>I was watching Bridesmaids with my gf
I already got one ;).

>A bit. But then again, I'm Catholic and I don't believe in divorce. :^)
I've attended Catholic schools my entire life. They believe in divorce in only very, very, straining circumstances like if the husband is literally beating the shit out of the wife, if one spouse cheats they believe it needs to be worked through, there's a difference.

>Also, are you a guy?
Yep, biscum trash.
>>
>>6501693
>And I don't think trans fetishism exists in my country.
It exists everywhere kek
>>
>>6502198
>I don't want to sabotage someone's life by letting them in, even if they think they want me.
Are you an anime protagonist?
>>
>>6503084
TOP KEK
>>
>>6502133
alimony is morally wrong, faggot
>>
>>6502198
fuck this is me. im so distant because i don't think im ever deserving of a man's love. not like 99 percent of men would ever want a tranny anyways...
>>
>>6501144
My solution was dating another tranny. Now I live happily with my fiancée
>>
>>6501144
Seems to work just fine for me and my two wives.
>>
>>6510414
FTMs are a rare breed and they almost always associate with the lesbian scene.
>>
I try liking a trans girl, but eventually I hit the "butt stuff and handjobs" wall and my brain nopes out. Making out and stuff I would be okay with but when genitalia comes into the picture my brain's like,

>Lol no I'm not falling for that one.
>>
>>6512039
Are you scared of your own dick? Or what is it you're trying to say?
It's not gonna be any easier with cis girls.
>>
>>6512045
Implication is that he doesn't want to give handjobs and anal
>>
>>6502258
>Most women don't mind working until they get married, or have kids at which point it's dependant on the husband.
I don't know that I believe this thing. It flies in the face of my experience. My peer group contains exactly one single income home, but as a consequence of disability rather than marriage.

Perhaps it's different in higher income brackets, but single income homes are often pressed to support two people, let alone children above and beyond that.

>Yes they may have friends that they count as "family", but that doesn't help them the way a parent figure could mentally, emotionally, and financially when their marriage is tested.
Financially, I can see this, but I've always found my family to be worse than useless in providing any other kind of support, even when they wanted to.

But overall, your contention seems to be that a woman (especially trans) shouldn't stop working, not that she shouldn't be married.

I have a hard time imagining the heights of wealth where that sort of thing is even possible, so it's a bit preposterous to begin with.

As for not hiring mature women, I'm confused by this. I don't know of a woman younger than thirty who has been hired for anything but retail, nursing, or teaching, and none of those fields are particularly age discriminatory either.

Are you a lawyer, or some other member of the power elite?
>>
Naaw I'd love a trans gf but idk if a trans gf would love me ;-;
>>
>>6512444

Trips don't lie. I'm with you on that one, anon. I don't want kids or any "normal" things society expects you to do. I just want a best friend to snuggle every night... the one MTF I met and really connected with was very concerned how people would look at me for dating her. When I could give a Fuck less how the world views me. She didn't want me to "ruin" my life by being with her. So she quit talking to me.

Maybe she was scared of feeling feels? Idk. But I coulda loved her forever.
>>
File: 3PdWfZ_S.jpg (24 KB, 291x291) Image search: [Google]
3PdWfZ_S.jpg
24 KB, 291x291
>>6512431
>My peer group contains exactly one single income home, but as a consequence of disability rather than marriage.

Guess it's just different in my area. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

>I've always found my family to be worse than useless in providing any other kind of support, even when they wanted to.

That's my point though, it's more important to have a good supporting family for all those reasons I listed previously.

>But overall, your contention seems to be that a woman (especially trans) shouldn't stop working, not that she shouldn't be married.

Everyone absolutely should have a chance at happiness, I just also personally believe that women shouldn't rely so heavily on men because later on it can put them in a bad spot. I think it's kinda fucked that that's the life most women, trans or cis, are usually encouraged towards.
>>
>>6512950
>As for not hiring mature women, I'm confused by this. I don't know of a woman younger than thirty who has been hired for anything but retail, nursing, or teaching, and none of those fields are particularly age discriminatory either.

Again must be an area difference because most women in my area usually do a couple of high paying office jobs until they have a kid or get married, at which point they usually get a smaller part time job like retail, nursing, or teaching, but those aren't great to live off of if anything goes wrong. Many companies will look at how long she's been out of office and see that it would be better to hire someone who just got their degree and isn't having kids for a while, rather than a mom who has kids and has to work around the kids schedule. My point is that those part time jobs, even turned full time, aren't really fantastic for women if they want to live comfortably. My definition of that is basically being able to eat out every night if you really wanted to, and being able to go on monthly shopping sprees along with being able to afford a nice place and a nice car like a benz or rover. No woman wants to live off of retail cause that life sucks and is extremely straining.
>>
>>6512954

>Are you a lawyer, or some other member of the power elite?

Nah I wish I was that smart. XD I'm just a kid who's seen it a lot growing up. I had a dad and he basically ran off and left my mom in debt. Growing up you learn life a little faster than most kids do. I used to go to private Catholic schools off of just financial aid and scholarships. When you go to those schools there's always two types of kids which are the snobby assholes who are entitled, and then the kids with single parents who work there asses off to get there. I've just seen it a lot and think that it should be adjusted so that women are taught to thrive like men are. Women should think about being the breadwinner just as much as men do, rather than the way we kind of breeze by them because they'll "find someone".
>>
>>6511987
So they are the reverse of MtFs
>>
File: image.jpg (65 KB, 500x521) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
65 KB, 500x521
>>6510316

Anon...

This honestly depresses me. If you girls only knew the men who were available and wanting.

Equally depressing:
>be me
>did X-ray inspection of equipment for a couple years out of HS
>radiation exposure induced permanent sterility.
>still cum, but cant into children.
>would be great dad and amazing husband, but cant.

What woman wants a man who is not capable of having children.
>>
>>6514154

>Trannys
>are they even women
>you decide
>I hate my life
>>
File: 1466263638216.jpg (7 KB, 211x249) Image search: [Google]
1466263638216.jpg
7 KB, 211x249
>>6514154
>adoption
>>
>>6512957
>Women should think about being the breadwinner just as much as men do, rather than the way we kind of breeze by them because they'll "find someone".

Alternatively, we could revert to a society that tightly restricts the behaviours that give rise to single-parent households, so that saying you'll find someone ceases to be a blithe dismissal and returns to the statement of near-certainty that it was for most of the previous two millennia.

But muh casual sex I guess.
>>
>>6502198
>>6502198
>>6502510
You're looking at it under the wrong light.
You are yourself with everything that is you, your likes, dislikes, issues, hobbies. Other people have different attributes.
You just talk to other people showing yourself as you are. They will (should) do the same.
If they like you and you like them, you can start a relationship if the feeling is right.
And if doesn't work out, you just part ways and do something else.
This doesn't mean you shouldn't work on yourself and on being a good partner (always work on that), but people have tastes and chemistry.
Just take it easy and reach out to people. If someone doesn't like you back, it sucks but it's not your fault, it's just that you don't match, but there are billions of people out there. Think about how many people is that.
Drop a skype or email if you feel like chatting btw (@^-^)
>>
>>6514154
I wouldn't be allowed to adopt so I can't raise children with you. Otherwise you sound like a catch.

What's with those working conditions, though? Did you get a truckload of money in compensation?
Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.