[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Trans Help General #114
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 28
File: Trans Help General-.png (209 KB, 694x907) Image search: [Google]
Trans Help General-.png
209 KB, 694x907
This is the Trans Help General thread. We'll try to help you here with everything related to being transgender.
This includes questioning, appearance, daily trans problems, medical info, general info and other interesting stuff to name a few.

MTF, FTM and questioning people are all welcome here to help eachother and discuss possible solutions.

You can also share your transgender related stories here. Just came out? Or you just need to get something off your chest?
Maybe something wonderful happened today! We'll be glad to hear it, it's always good to know we're not going through this alone.

Links:
Articles, Studies and General information about Questioning, Transitioning and other stuff: http://pastebin.com/CyW1dXV8
Lots of useful links about/for transgender people: http://pastebin.com/h1vLPxyV
Transgender FAQ: http://pastebin.com/8QbKyShU
Am i trans/ trans help threads archive:
http://deploy.loveisover.me/lgbt
search with google for specific threads

Therapists: http://www.t-vox.org/index.php?title=Therapists_by_region
http://therapists.psychologytoday.com/rms/prof_search.php
sort by transsexual issues

What will hormones do?
mtf: http://imgur.com/lDBLSVR
ftm: http://imgur.com/HqTqvJg

Previous thread: >>6312038
>>
If you lose weight before estrogen, then gain it back as you're on it, does that get you better results?

My plan was to get emaciated before HRT, then overeat a little to regain the fat in the "right" places.

Also, does cardio help? I'm pretty much trying to get the best results.
>>
>>6346396
alright homos. I'de appreciate some insight please.
So, first - i don't really know when i started questioning my gender or whatever, but its only been getting worse (probably because all the time i spend on this board as of late). I want to say that as being born a male, i've never actually had the thought "Im a female trapped in a males body". I've identified with females more than men in the past and all that jazz, but havn't actually thought that i should have been born a girl or whatever. Maybe it's because i think that line of thinking is stupid, like we all find ourselves, not create ourselves. But whatever. Anyways, i have subconcously always perfered feminine looks throughout life though. As a kid before puberty, i didn't really care about looking like a guy or girl or whatever, but i just copied my brother (probably would have copied my older sister if i had one). But after puberty, i started leaning towards more feminine behavoirs and looks. I went through an "emo" phase, and straightened my hair and wanted piercings and stuff, wore skinny jeans and all that jazz. But after i realized my life is falling apart and i hate everything, i cut my hair off and eventually got a job. I will also say i have always had video game addiction since childhood. I also had trouble picking between the female and male characters, but always picked the fem ones. Also, another thing is that i had bad acne throughout my entire teenaged experience. Up untill like a year ago, it was always bad and im finally over it because accutane and lasers. But untill now, its been my one and only concern. I've never persuid emotional connections because i couldn't stand how i looked. As long as i got rid of my acne, i would be happy. But the problem is, after i finished it all, i never got that happy feeling I thought of. Cont.
>>
>>6346634
I've gotten the friends, ive gotten some money, i actually going to get a house soon. But even though i had attraction to girls early on in life, i just don't desire a relationship with one. Not that I prefer guys, i just don't feel comfortable being in a relationship for some reason. I feel extremely disconected from people. I came to this board because i thought i was bi and was bored, but then I ran into the trannies. Now, in the past i have watched an anime about a guy who turned into a gal, but i never masturbated to it or anything, just fantasized about being a pretty girl and stuff. I thought i was just currupted by the show and pushed those thoughts away thinking they were degrading my mental health and that i should think of reality and not these silly fantasies. But they kept coming up and shit so i started a thread to understand how mtf thought. You were mostly hostile and thought i was trolling or talking shit or something, but i was just legit curious. Now my memory of the last few months is a little foggy, but it goes something like this. I started browsing different generals like femgen or mtfg, and realized that I have always wanted to be fem and hate my masc features. But then some other guy posted some shit that sounded alot like me, so i started questioning myself, and a girl from here gave me her skype so we could talk about it. She is absolutly convinced that based off of some of my odd thoughts and stuff that im mtf (like pushing my penis inside out as a kid and wearing my moms hills ect.), but i still cant say the words "I am a female trapped in a male body". I know now that i wish i was a girl, and wish i was never a guy, and that i would have enjoyed life alot more as a girl despite my unrelated struggle like acne and an abusive step father, but, it still feels like a lie to call myself a girl. I have a weird obsession with not lying. I just can't do it anymore.
>>
>>6346692
If it helps, I can relate. I got into webcomics as a kid and the "gender swapped teens" trope comics seemed to always catch me. I couldn't explain why but they captivated me. Sometimes being trans doesn't follow the terrible "woman inside a man's body" trope. It definitely sounds like you experience decent body dysphoria. Ask yourself, if you woke up tomorrow as a girl, would you be happier than you were today, including the negatives of being female. If you answer that you'd be happier without a doubt, it may be worth looking into transition.
>>
>>6346692
I can say things like "I wish i was a girl", but i can say things like "I am a girl". So now im stuck. I don't want to move forward in life as a guy. I just don't see myself living as a guy. It feels like im kinda lying to myself there. And this feeling has been getting worse. I don't masturbait anymore, havn't for months. The only thing that kinda "cures" my "disphoria" is playing video games with friends. Problem is, i hate playing video games now. They are just sooooo boring. OH, also, I have had multiple people throughout my life confront me about my odd personality. I had a step brother vising me and give me a speach about how he has a gay friend and its all cool when i was like 8yo. And when i moved back into my friends house after not seeing him for 2 years (i moved away in the tenth grade and back after hs). His mom saw i was a little fem. She treated me a little different than the other guys. But i had a total mental shutdown when a wife of a friend approached me when we were all drunk and said that she knows im different and want to help me and stuff. She said that her ex husb was in the closet and sucked dick on the side and she sees him in me or something. She said the way i acted, and even the way i sat down in a chair wasn't how a normal male sits. I ended up moving out after i told my friend im confused about my sexuality and stuff (at this point in my life, i didn't know trans existed). So now im here, my life feels absolutely empty, and i just don't know which way to go. I could assume i am actaully trans, see a therapist, get hormones, but they'll physically change my brain - so i won't ever really know whether or not i really was a trans or not. Plus my life would be over if that happened considering all the trans hate since CJ. Or, i can try to repress this continue acting like a faggy boy with long hair and hope i can figure some shitty life out. Are there cases of successful "repression". Is it possible?
>>
>>6346741
>Ask yourself, if you woke up tomorrow as a girl, would you be happier than you were today, including the negatives of being female. If you answer that you'd be happier without a doubt, it may be worth looking into transition.
YES. I would without a doubt. I wish i had periods and could get pregnant and that whole shebang. If i magically woke up as a girl, I think all of my lifes problems would be solved. I don't really care about anything else right now and i cant stand with it filling up so much of my mind and time.

but
>it may be worth looking into transition.
thats exacly what im doing here. I don't want to become a pseudo female, and i know that none of you do either, but this doesn't feel like a choice between being a male and female. It feels like a choice between being a wierd guy, and a "tranny freak". Rarely a day goes by in which some of my coworkers don't talk shit about trannies.
>>
>>6346749
Unfortunately the more you try to repress this kinda thing, the worse it'll end up getting.
Honestly the "I AM a girl thing could be more difficult for people. It took me at least a year into my transition before I felt like I wasn't just some creepy poser, but it was all worth it.
If you're having thoughts like this, this seriously than I wouldn't worry too much about if you're trans or not. If you feel you'd be happier as a girl, I would recommend pursuing that path. The hormones won't really "change your brain" to make you think you're female. In studies done on giving hormones to cis men, they actually reacted very negatively to being on female hormones. I would look into seeing a therapist who is specialized in gender issues to talk about it with them.
>>
>>6346790
Honestly i want to see a therapist, but i just don't have the money right now. I just worked for like 70 hour weeks for 8 months straight to finish paying off some land. Now im stuck with a shitty plot of land accumulating taxes, and no money left over. Plus i think therapy is pretty garbo, its somone just taking your thoughts into their head and deciding whether or not your thinking correctly and deciding how to help you. I was reading "so you want to bet a tgirl", and it made me think im not really a trans girl because of the way it talks about them. It pretty much says your invalid without the whole "girl trapped in boys body thoughts".
>>
>>6346825
And i want to add, talking to you people and talking to a therapist, i feel like im almost trying to trick you into telling me what i want to hear. Like, all you hear about me is that ive had a butload of experiences in my life that have pointed towards disphoria. But how about all the other life experiences that havn't? Are they not just as valid?
>>
>>6346741
>Ask yourself, if you woke up tomorrow as a girl, would you be happier than you were today, including the negatives of being female. If you answer that you'd be happier without a doubt, it may be worth looking into transition.
This is a HORRIBLE piece of advice. Transition is not instant and painless, nor will the results be anything like a magic transformation. Ask yourself if you want your body to be more feminine, realistically, through a combination of HRT, surgery, and a hell of a lot of work.
>>
>>6346892
well, i might. But the question i have is, was it worth it? After all is and done? I wan't to hear from someone who has transitioned. I know my hands and feet are never going to get smaller. I know that ill never have a womb or be able to have kids. But i just want to know if it was worth it all? Plus the voice training is a bitch.
>>
>>6346912
It's worth it if you know you can't live without doing it. You'll never be AFAB and you might never even appear female. It's not luxurious or glamorous. Personally, I say don't do it unless you feel you have no other option besides talking a long walk off a short pier with dumbbells in your pockets.
>>
>>6346959
I was feeling suicidal the other day and kinda wanted to die. I realized that no matter what material possessions or relationships i have, that i still wouldn't be happy unless i was a pretty girl. I know this sounds shallow, but ide rather die than be ugly.
>>
>>6347023
To tell you the truth, I'm right there with you.

Coming up on two years into HRT, having FFS at the end of three. If I don't look good by then I'm just going postal.
>>
>>6347062
And these people are right. I've been thinking about it long and hard over the last month. I now realize that i have nothing at all to lose. N O T H I N G. Im not afraid to kill myself. Im just afraid of taking risk. I have a pic of me in a thread i started yesterday because i was feeling totes ugg. I felt a little better after a bunch of randies said i looked girly or decent. So, Im going to do it. Im just going to fucking do it. and i don't care. If it doesn't work out. I just kill myself. I just need to stop hiding from the world.
>>
>>6346825
So you want to be a tgirl is retarded hon shit, everyone is different and just because your experience isn't the same as someone else's doesn't make you any less valid. If going on HRT and making your body and self more feminine would make you feel better then just do it.
>>
Reposting 'cause new thread:
So hair thinning out a bit in the first few months of starting Fin is part of the normal shed, right?
>>
File: 1456358015195.gif (137 KB, 340x340) Image search: [Google]
1456358015195.gif
137 KB, 340x340
>>6346825
>I was reading "so you want to bet a tgirl"
>>
>>6346825
>thinks therapy is just someone taking your thoughts into their head and deciding whether or not your thinking correctly
>allows a book to tell them whether or not they're thinking correctly
Eh?
>>
File: .jpg (167 KB, 1280x1024) Image search: [Google]
.jpg
167 KB, 1280x1024
>>6346825
>so you want to bet a tgirl
You serious?
>>
File: 1453965561005.jpg (30 KB, 720x600) Image search: [Google]
1453965561005.jpg
30 KB, 720x600
>go to family thing
>get to hear dad and other dudes talk about how disgusting trannies are and how it's obvious they were raised without fathers
>etc
>go home and cry

why do i have to be such a degenerate faggot
>>
File: .jpg (276 KB, 608x1070) Image search: [Google]
.jpg
276 KB, 608x1070
>>6347144
>get even a shred of confidence in myself
>reminded that I can never be a real girl and that my life is worthless
>reminded that real girls are so much better than me in every way
>reminded I am nothing and that I will die by my own hand
>go home and cry
Wanna do eachother's hair so we look good on TV?
>>
>>6347171
i don't have any hair to do it's cut short so people don't think I'm a fag
>>
>>6346912

I didn't transition outright to female (AMAB nonbinary). I may still transition to female, but every time I identify as female it's a bit foreign.

Maybe this can help you but if you can't be a cis girl you may still find happiness in having whatever feminine features are still possible. At least that was the case for me. The big thing was basically removing as much of my masculinity as possible. I still live as male and identify as male, but I have boobs and hips. Kinda like a trap :3c
>>
File: 1457322341185.gif (2 MB, 303x277) Image search: [Google]
1457322341185.gif
2 MB, 303x277
>>6347144
>come out as tranny
>father kills himself because he obviously failed as a father
>>
>>6347213
delete this
>>
>>6347144
>be at social gathering
>hear people begin talking about trans
>walk away before shit falls apart

Phew. Avoided that one.
>>
>>6347274
there was no where I could go and not hear it so i just petted the dog and tried not to think about how much i want to kill myself
>>
>>6347112
>so you want to bet a tgirl
>>6347116
Holy shit, never heard of that before, but this shit is terrible. How can anyone think that that stuff is good advice.
>>
File: gender_or_sex.png (59 KB, 594x209) Image search: [Google]
gender_or_sex.png
59 KB, 594x209
>>6346396
Okay, I'm submitting a resume, and I live in the state of New York. I haven't changed my birth certificate or name, but NYS has a name change policy that allows one to simply use another name so long as there is no fraudulent intent.

What do I do about signatures and gender info? :S
>>
>>6347116
yea, i realize how stupid i sounded now. >>6347112
>>6347094
>>6347134
Is it that bad? I've always been attracted to the "hard truth" kinda stuff and it seemed like it knew what it was talking about.
>>
>>6347191
I think your right. Ill prolly kill myself i do or don't anyways. I feel alot better now that im finally doing something outside of my comfort zone!
>>
>>6347332

Don't worry so much about being an attractive girl. Even just ridding yourself of all the man features helps a ton. That alone erased my dysphoria and is prob why I'm okay being nb instead.
>>
>>6347353
yea, well some masc features are pretty hard to eliminate and will require surgery, which is expensive
>>
>>6347367
Don't forget all the ones contemporary surgery can't even fix.
>>
>>6347314
probably should just use your legal ones.
>>
>>6347314
Are you full-time? Put female and you're preferred name.
If not, either put male or don't put anything at all for gender, and your legal name. It's an optional section after all.
If you put female and end up going to work and presenting as male, even for a little while, it's only gonna cause confusion and problems for everyone involved.
>>
File: dinosaur.gif (21 KB, 451x75) Image search: [Google]
dinosaur.gif
21 KB, 451x75
>>6346620
Check the /fit/ sticky. It's got basically everything you could want to know. And if it doesn't, just ask /fit/.

Anyways,
>If you lose weight before estrogen, then gain it back as you're on it, does that get you better results?
Kinda, but it's not necessary. The whole "fat redistribution" thing happens on it's own naturally because the body is always using and re-creating it's fat stores, even when you're not gaining/losing weight. Over time, with estrogen, it's gonna use the fat stores in the male areas like the stomach and then store new fat in female areas like the hips.

>My plan was to get emaciated before HRT, then overeat a little to regain the fat in the "right" places.
Don't starve yourself. Not only does it have a bunch of health problems, but it's not gonna help you lose weight. When you starve yourself, the body drastically slows down it's metabolism, and also starts burning muscle for fuel instead of fat. The slower metabolism means you're gonna gain weight really quickly when you do go back to eating normally.

>Also, does cardio help? I'm pretty much trying to get the best results.
Cardio and lifting. Just one is okay, doing both is far, far better. Lifting weights burns a lot of calories, so it's definitely gonna be helpful in losing weigh. Also, lifting weights isn't necessarily gonna make you bulk up and get massive fuckhueg muscles. In fact, it almost certainly won't if you're cutting out calories. All it's gonna do is help retain the muscles you already have, and help get rid of fat faster. And you do want to retain your muscles, because otherwise you're gonna skinny but also really flabby and that just doesn't look good.
>>
What are the benefits of taking estrogen via injections vs orally?
I'm a little afraid of needles, so I'd rather pills.
But, if it was a big improvement in it's effects, then I guess I'd find a way to get over it.
>>
>>6351375
There have been anecdotal reports of better feminization plus it's easier on the liver. It's a shot every two weeks, but you start to get bitchy when your about dur for another shot.
>>
Any Mexicans trans ladies here?

I might be visiting Mexico soon and spending a few months there, but I'm unsure how I'd acquire hormones. How hard is it to get a script as a non-Mexican citizen? Would it be easier if I already have a script from an American doctor?
>>
File: .jpg (107 KB, 600x334) Image search: [Google]
.jpg
107 KB, 600x334
>>6352070
You gotta put em up yer butt.

Waaay up in there.
>>
Is Transparent worth watching? Or is it too Jewy and degenerate?
>>
>>6352916
seems like a hon show although i haven't seen it
>>
>>6353004
I'm scared to watch. Same with the Caitlyn Jenner show. It's just weird when my cis friends have seen these shows and ask me about them, and I'm like no, I haven't seen it.
>>
>>6352916
>Not liking the jews
bad goy tbqh
>>
>>6353049
all these weird terrifying shows make me scared to let anyone know im trans, like i dont want to be compared to them and have questions asked about them holy shit
>>
>>6352916
its about a hon and her privileged family who all think their problems are worse than being a hon.
>>
>>6351426
>start to get bitchy when your about dur for another shot.
I avoid this by injecting weekly and opting for cypionate over valerate. Dont do patches. They arent as effective and you can get just as even levels with cypionate weekly.
>>
File: 1435016778778.jpg (547 KB, 1300x1800) Image search: [Google]
1435016778778.jpg
547 KB, 1300x1800
Where do I buy bras with cups for small boobies? Kind of like this.
>>
>>6346396
Just a regular cis gay guy here. I've always fapped to twinks and sometimes femboys, usually just hot gay stuff. Maybe a trap here or there but always fapped to men. I'm pretty much a bottom and love anal. Though recently I've been fapping to that sissy shit. I've done it quite a lot and increased my femboy content. Instead of wanting to fuck them I've wanted to be in their position (receiving). And after a couple visits to this board I've almost though of myself as trams. I can't get it out of my head. I've never been jealous of girls or not being one and always just wanted a regular gay prelatilnship with a bf. Now when I'm horny I'm almost exclusively watching that sissy shit and thought of looking like traps during the capping sessions. The moment I cum I forget about it. Then couple hours later it pops in my head. Is this just a fetish I've developed? I hate the idea of being a woman and having vag or titis but sometimes the though of being a femboy or "sissy" turns me on.

Just sacking since last thread closed.
>>
>>6355178
You've got a fetish, that's it. Definitely not trans.
>>
I don't outright hate my penis or anything. For the most part I just sort of ignore it. The problem is, I can't really imagine myself using it in sex. It doesn't freak me out or anything; I just don't think I'd enjoy it very much. It's hard enough for me to get off when I'm masturbating. So if it does end up that I can't really enjoy sex with my penis, would SRS become something worth considering at that point? Anal is nice and all, but sort of a hassle and limiting in a lot of ways.
>>
>>6346396
Okay, since it's a help thread, I have kinda disgusting problem.

I started HRT 3 weeks ago. For a 2 weeks I had no *ekhm* erections *ekhm* and I finally felt more (I don't know how to describe it) ...at peace with myself since they were gone?

And the thing is that today I got one. I know that I'm probably overreacting, but is it normal? How to prevent it from happening?
I was in bed reading a book when it happened. No sexual thoughts (they're gone completely, and that's great).
>>
>Be me
>Be waiting for HRT
>Have 21" across shoulders
>Have 42" Chest

fug
Is HRT going to help that at all?
>>
>>6356883
>Be me
Theres the problem, try being someone else!
>>
>>6356883
no, that's a hon meme
you will always have 21" shoulders and 42" chest
>>
>>6356963
Not sure about the shoulders but my friends chest went down by about 5" in 2 years.
>>
>>6356963
Their chest could shrink a bit once their muscles start to disappear.
>>
>>6356816
you're only on hrt for a very short period of time, boners will go with time.
>>
ok, i guess i finally accumulated the courage to ask so mill descrive my situation.

most of my life i identified as male. also most of my life i had an obsession with gender bending. when i was a kid i read about transgender issues and was terrified that when i grew up i would become a woman, when i was a teen i was scared i could end up pregnant, and i've always liked crossdressing (though mostly for fetishistic purposes). to the point i tried in multiple occasions to grow breasts(hypnosis, acoustic stimuli, others) this is mostly background information.

thing is lately i've been questioning my identity, i've been having panic attacks and my therapist is convinced that is because ive been repressing aspects about my sexuality, and a voice inside me keeps insisting that this is because i am trans. but the thing is that this is the first time it happens, im 23 years old and until now i was perfectly fine, hell, when i was younger i considered the possibility but i dismissed it all together.
there is two voices in my head one insisting that i am trans and other that insists im not and i dont know which one is the right one. the biggest sign against it is that as far as i can tell im fine with my body, i never had issues with my image and i wouldnt want to change it. furthermore i cant really think of myself as a woman, from a young age i always considered myself male and again all of this has been recent, until now i lived my life without problems, without questioning who i am.

but the selfdoubt and the obssesive thoughts wont go away no matter how much i try to reason against them and that worries me
what does this mean?
>>
>>6357065
Thank you, I was worried about it!
>>
>>6356798
SRS isn't too cherry either, love.
>>
>enjoying VR lyfe
>4'11" tall, tiny frame, tiny arms and hands, boobs
>take off Vive
>6'3", 20" shoulders, Frankenstein-esque appendages, muscles
I don't like the real world.
>>
I feel like this dress is way too short. On a cis girl I think it would look fine, but I feel like I might be too tall for it or something.

What do you think? Should I be ok in this ?
>>
>>6357966
Too short unless you wanna look like a slut
>>
>>6357966
Definitely way too short.
>>
File: orange-dress.jpg (340 KB, 509x900) Image search: [Google]
orange-dress.jpg
340 KB, 509x900
>>6357973
>>6357977
Think this one is better? (In general I look better in maxi I think, just a shame because I want to have a dress in the other style...) Summer is no fun without sundresses :(
>>
Any fellow FTMs have useful advice for dealing with height dysphoria? Tiny 5'3 manlet here. My height has always bothered me, coupled together with my baby face it always made me look about 13 years old.
Thankfully since I started T I'm starting to pass a lot more but I still get the feeling that people just can't fully take me seriously due to the height thing. Especially cis males. It's a real problem for me.
>>
>>6357988
You're gonna change bras too, right?

Also, there are lots of longer flowy sundresses. Try something like that, maybe?
>>
As someone who's decided to start HRT, what kind of doctor should I see first?
General practitioner? Endocrinologist?

Any information about the early stages of the process would also be greatly appreciated.
Mostly about regulations and that sort of thing, not medical effects.
>>
>>6358155
Endocrinologist. But some clinics require a referral from your primary are physician.
>>
>>6358155
In the US, I had to go from general practitioner to therapist to general practitioner to endocrinologist, or my insurance wouldn't cover any of it.
>>
So I changed my estrogen from oral to injection about three months ago but wasn't able to get a blood test until a couple days ago due to flooding in the area and then later a stupid mix-up, and my results showed my estradiol levels at 1215 pg/ml.

Am I gonna die? I don't feel weird, and I was only using .75 ml weekly at 20 mg/ml. My prolactin is at 26 ng/ml. I won't be seeing my provider for another month because they are terribly slow. What do?
>>
>>6358476
Recommended level is 200 pg/ml.
>>
>>6358476
That's about three times the healthy range for an ovulating woman, which is about double the healthy range for a woman normally.
The good news is you won't die. You can however develop a lot of weird issues. The big ones being hot flashes, short term memory loss, and nausea. Nothing permanent, but it's not really good for you.
>>
>>6358568
Does that mean I'm gonna die? lol
>>
>>6358584
Oh good, not gonna die.
>>
File: image.jpg (292 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
292 KB, 1280x960
Hey guys how hard is it to get on HRT? What kind of doctor do I need to go see? How much does it cost? And do you think I would be sexier if I got on it?
>>
Just started MtF HRT a few weeks ago. Why do I feel like crying for no reason at all? Not like some deep SPREAD YOU WINGS AND FLYYYYYYYYYYYYYY shit like I actually feel like crying all the time for no reason. Sometimes I do but it doesn't make me feel sad or anything. It's just like. ah yes. Tears. Hello.
>>
>>6358703
welcome to wemenhood
>>
File: 400.gif (655 KB, 400x299) Image search: [Google]
400.gif
655 KB, 400x299
>>6358710
This was not in the brochure.
>>
>>6358703
it's not a stereotype that women cry and fall in love more easily
>>
File: 500.gif (866 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
500.gif
866 KB, 500x281
>>6358801
I... this is weird. I don't know how I feel about this.

Also it would still be a stereotype. Just because something is a stereotype doesn't mean it isn't true. In fact, many are.
>>
>>6358703
I feel like the other posters are probably trolling you a bit. Since your hormones just radically shifted you are basically going through something close to a second puberty, accompanied with the same moodswings. Things will eventually stabilize.

You will still cry somewhat more than you used to though. Just not to such a ridiculous degree.
>>
>>6358916
Alright, that's a relief.

I understand estrogen would make me more emotional, but this isn't even emotions. It just is what it is.
>>
>>6356883
it depends on how much of it is muscle
>>
>>6359149

Psych grad here. Estrogen doesn't make you more emotional. There is absolutely no evidence that suggests estrogen is responsible for any brain changes having to due with emotional processing. The reason women are more likely to cry and fall in love is because of socialization, not biology.

However, you're going through an extremely intense hormonal upheaval combined with the stress of transition. It's normal for anyone to be affected by that. Other anon is correct, however: it will be pretty short lived. Things will even out.
>>
File: 1465599485841.jpg (295 KB, 1367x2048) Image search: [Google]
1465599485841.jpg
295 KB, 1367x2048
Is it normal to want to kill yourself whenever you remember you will never be Anzu?
>>
>>6357875
matrix WHEN
>>
>>6359912
Yes.
Definitely.
>>
>>6359919
>>6359924
For context I don't even know who she is other than a cosplayer, I just hate myself really bad after seeing her.
>>
>>6359912
I get that this is some epic shitposting but I genuinely don't like seeing really attractive young women.

Makes me yearn for the years I lost by having awful, Bible thumping parents.
>>
>>6357988
There are stores that sell short dresses in tall sizes, so maybe you could check that out.
>>
As a MtF with some hairline recession(NW2), who's been on spiro+finasteride+estrogen for a good bit(probably about half a year) but haven't seen any cosmetically significant regrowth(only near invisible hairs where full size hairs used to be) what degree of regrowth can I truly expect? What HRT regime should I be on to maximize hair regrowth?
>>
>>6361087
You should expect to see 0 hair regrowth. Hrt doesn't grow back what you lost already, it just prevents you from losing more
>>
>>6361125
Plenty of people have experienced hair regrowth on hrt
>>
>>6358605
Hello my fellow horsefucker from Long island who has at least one friend who goes to Stony Brook University.
Assuming you're from where I think you're from, this place
http://www.freedmancenter.com/
Helped me to get a letter for hormones in 6 months.

Basically you'll talk to one of their gender specialists, tell them your story, and they'll help you decide if hormones are right for you. It's not hard at all.

Then if you decide to do it, they'll give you a letter and forward you to an endocrinologist, who will then evaluate you and give you your perscription for hormones.
>>
>>6361144
No reputable source seems to agree and I haven't experienced any hair regrowth.

This is a hon myth they tell themselves.
>>
>>6359895
kek

Keep your blank slate "socialized to be that way" bullshit on tumblr plz.
>>
>>6361396
There's photographic evidence of it happening, and I personally know a cis guy who orders small doses of spironolactone and dutasteride for hairloss irl who's managed to thicken up what he had, and regrow the entirety of his balding crown
>>
>>6361396
Not to be that girl but I just got back from the salon where the stylist cutting my hair said I had a bunch of baby hair or new growth I also take cypertone acretate so ymv on Spiro.
>>
Does anyone have experience/ advice on FFS?

Also: How did you raise the money?
>>
>>6361087
>>6361125
I've had hair regrowth on HRT. Even my dermatologist was surprised.
>>
>>6361690
>Also: How did you raise the money?
Get a job.
>>
My nipples started hurting about 2 months into HRT and as of 3 months I have what I believe to be Tanner stage III breasts.
My nipples stopped hurting a couple weeks ago, now they've started to hurt again but not as much as they did before.
Is that bad? Are my breasts going to stop growing soon?
>>
>>6362057
breasts should grow until well over the 2 year mark
>>
If I take weekly injections, when should I get my blood work done? Middle of the week?
>>
>>6362057
I wouldn't worry. This is literally a second puberty, just remember how long your first puberty took
>>
>>6357991
Ilizarov procedure :^)

More seriously, there's a few forums for non-trans short guy, maybe look at what they do to deal with it.
>>
I'm questioning, and I just want to vent since I can't vent to anyone irl.

I've always struggled with being female, I've never felt like a girl or like I could connect to other girls. As I've gotten older, those feelings have let up a lot but I still sometimes feel like I'm pretending to be someone I'm not - like everyone can see that I don't belong.

My dysphoria comes and goes, but when it comes, it comes in hard and leaves me unable to do anything until it's over. Whenever I'm dysphoric, my temper is horrible and I end up snapping at the people around me which makes me feel bad. I can't talk to anyone about it irl because I did once before and it was one of the worst experiences of my life, honestly.

Here's my worries about transitioning and why I haven't:

-Don't want to deal with people's reactions and possibly getting disowned
-Probably won't pass because I have a very feminine body and voice
-Broke and insurance doesn't cover T or surgery
-Nobody will be attracted to me anymore
-Won't be able to make or keep friends
-Don't want to be sterile or deal with the health risks of T
-Will never lose my virginity
-Will never be truly accepted and will be seen as a fake male
>>
>>6361924
haha yes of course :)
it just feels overwhelming because I'm 22 and rather unskilled - you're right tho
>>
>>6357991
guess what? people don't take cismanlets seriously either
>>
File: 1463700643756.gif (259 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
1463700643756.gif
259 KB, 200x200
I feel like i wanna be a woman, i am a man, but i am very manly looking and acting. I basically wish i could change between the two....what the fuck am i? I'm so new to all this shit...
>>
File: tumblr_o3u95uPHEf1u0l7mmo1_400.gif (49 KB, 313x250) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o3u95uPHEf1u0l7mmo1_400.gif
49 KB, 313x250
I've been having a problem for the past eight months, where I shoot up on Fridays and then I'm too depressed to want to be around people all weekend. It wears off by about Monday and I'm fine for the rest of the week. I feel like shit right now because I'm supposed to be at a BBQ but I'm afraid of being too preoccupied to follow a conversation.

My prescribed dose: 0.5CC/wk of EV @ 10mg/mL. I've tried as low as 0.4CC. From what I've seen I'm on a pretty low dose, amirite?
>>
>>6362762
tranny - 5 years
>>
heres my current situation
>21 y/o crossdresser
>not dramatic enough to be trans, but I love womens fashion, and dress like a girl any chance I get
>actually dont even look that bad desu
>dont have any friends to hang out with
>no support from anyone, although not necessarily oppressed
>desperately trying to find a girl to go shopping with and help me be cute
>try to go shopping by myself but always just turns out really awkward and uncomfortable
>dont know how to meet new people

I know there is a pretty active pride community around here, but I dont really know anything about them.

how do I get out of this pit of loneliness? when I go out in public while dressed up, i just get funny looks, but if I am not dressed up, I dont have any way to attract anyones attention...
>>
>>6363319
Go to a LGBT support group and look for trans people. You'll find crossdressers there.
>>
>>6357133
Honestly, I would say you should probably do more soul-searching right now. I mean, you kind of sound like me early on (in some ways), but it definitely sounds like you just need to do a bit of experimentation and see how you feel. Try being more feminine. Try out makeup or women's clothing. See how you feel. It's very much a matter of figuring out where your comfort zone is and where you feel most "at home", so to speak.
>>
>>6357133
>when i was a teen i was scared i could end up pregnant

....what

You're an MTF and you were worried about getting pregnant?

>Americans in charge of sex education
>>
Anyone here ever self medded Flutamide?

Need it as an alternative to sprio and cypro.
>>
>>6362942
na, 10-20 is p normal
>>
>>6369937
I'm using bica. Far as I know they're pretty similar. Bica can't be measured but what I can say the effect it had on my body hair is amazing. I don't think I've grown a single hair since I started taking bica. But this is coming from a tranny over 2 years on Spiro and CPA for HRT, so I can't say for sure how good it's other antiandrogenic effects are.
>>
>>6371056
I'm on 50mg Bicalutamide and while it has slowed hair growth, it certainly hasn't gotten rid of it. I started it after a month or two of taking Spironolactone so I can't compare the AA effects either.
>>
>>6369937
as far as i am aware there is no reason ever to choose flutamide over bicalutamide
i take 25mg bica, selfmed (mainly because i can't afford/am too cheap for 50mg)
>>
basically...i'm having trouble figuring out what's going on. i simultaneously want to be a normal guy and a girl. or maybe i just don't know. i can't tell if i feel dysphoria or just depression. i've been depressed for so long i'm not sure what exactly that is anymore really. on the one hand
>strong sense of just wanting to be a normal guy and get a gf and be happy
>not feeling better after over half a year on hormones, somewhat feeling worse (see below)
>was very agp
on the other
>get more angry (? not exactly sure if this is the correct emotion) seeing some girls who get to be them and i don't
>not really that agp anymore, asexual almost
>would still pick reborn as cisgirl than cisguy
what is wrong with me? whatever i am i hate myself so much. i'd probably end up killing myself if i wasn't so scared of being dead. please don't say therapy because i've tried it many times and it never helps
>>
>>6373042
Stop being scared of death.

Dehumanize yourself and face to bloodshed.
>>
What's worse, killing yourself with no explanation or leaving your devoutly religious family with the explanation that their religious fervor drove you to it?
>>
Is it normal to think that you're asexual when you're actually transexual (as in SRS)? I understand that there's a huge difference between the two but I had a pretty emotional moment when reading an FAQ on the subject so I'm just not sure anymore.
>>
>>6375641
Worse for whom
>>
>>6375686
Worse for my family.

Not sure who else would really give a shit.
>>
>>6375641

>their religious fervor drove you to it?
Be sure to include examples in the note if you choose to go that route.
>>
>>6375696
I have no intention of being deliberately hurtful, critical or chastising.

It's just a matter of whether or not I provide a reason (being transgendered) for my decision.

I'm just assuming they'll know that their constant, vocal hatred of everything of the sort didn't help.
>>
>>6375710
>I'm just assuming they'll know that their constant, vocal hatred of everything of the sort didn't help.
>thinking religitards have any chance of rational thinking
>>
>>6375679
I don't know what sexual orientation has to do with gender identity.
>>
>>6375679
>>6375768
I actually thought I was asexual for a while because I was absolutely not interested in the idea of sex or masturbation. I eventually realized I just wasn't interested in having sex or masturbating with my penis or butt.
>>
>>6375771
What does it actually mean to you to be transsexual? Are you going to consider SRS?
>>
>>6375790
I'm on HRT and plan to get FFS, SRS, the whole shtick.
>>
>>6375790
Definitely. I even plan on seeing if they can give me a hysterectomy scar. It may seem wrong but I hope to keep whatever partner I end up with unaware that I'm trans.
>>
>>6375795
You're disgusting.
>>
>>6375800
I'm aware.
>>
>>6375802
Kill yourself. Or better yet, get married and then get beaten to death once your husband inevitably figures out what you are.
>>
>>6375795
Seems like a waste, considering anyone who has seen a vagina before, in person or online, will know that you don't have a real one.
>>
File: 1460953129582.png (112 KB, 206x226) Image search: [Google]
1460953129582.png
112 KB, 206x226
>>6375795
>I even plan on seeing if they can give me a hysterectomy scar. It may seem wrong but I hope to keep whatever partner I end up with unaware that I'm trans.
>>
File: question.jpg (10 KB, 251x201) Image search: [Google]
question.jpg
10 KB, 251x201
How much estrogen (in pg/mL) does 2 mg of estradiol hemihydrate (Estrofem) yield when you take it sublingually?
>>
>>6376518
I took 6mg SL daily split into 2mg doses, 4 hours after my last dose my bloodtest said 786 pg/ml. Needless to say I dropped to 4mg.
>>
>>6375839
Depends honestly.

Some don't look quite right while some look very close to the real thing.

Vaginas are very different from each other anyways, so chances are most men who aren't acutely aware of trans women would just pass it off as an odd looking vagina.
>>
>>6378949
>who aren't acutely aware of trans women
Too late.
>>
>>6378993
By acutely aware I mean they have seen a ton of neo vaginas, not the people who simply know about trans women and truly believe srs is an axe wound.
>>
It's probably not a big deal to take my dose like an hour early right? Don't get to choose when I get my lunch break at my new job.
>>
>>6381226
No problem at all.
>>
Can we talk about being stealth? Like, what's your opinions on it? Do you see stealth trans people as liars/traitors or people just doing what's best for them? Is it possible to be 100% stealth?
>>
>>6381410
I'm not going to go out of my way to tell people I'm trans. Generally I try to keep it a secret for as long as I can to save myself trouble. If a friend asks, I'll tell them. If a stranger asks, I'll chew them out for being an asshole. I tell a potential partner on the second date.
>>
FTM here, there's something gnawing at my mind that I wanna say because I don't see a lot of discussion about it when I look it up, maybe I'm using the wrong search terms idk. Is it normal for me to feel awful at being called trans man or transgender male, things like that, instead of just being called male? Like, I don't want to be called trans- anything, I don't want to be known as trans I want to be seen as cis. I want to be called a boy and be seen as an equal to cis males..not another category of male..Is this something commonly faced or am I being weirdly sensitive? Is this just something set off by my anxiety or ? It's like I want to be stealth even to my friends. I haven't even told my friends I'm afab and they've known me and seen me for 4 years now..I feel awful.
>>
>>6381579
I don't think it's uncommon at all and I feel the same way. But if it's really affecting you that badly, you could try talking to a therapist about it.
>>
>>6381410
If you don't tell someone you're dating that you're trans, you're an asshole. That's it, everything else is fair game.

>>6381579
Yes. Trans pride is stupid. Avoid trans labels if they bug you. Only reveal your past if you have to. What you were doesn't have to be a big part of what you are.
>>
>>6381410
Stealth is just where you're on HRT and making other changes to your body but not trying to present as female or socially transition right? If so, that's pretty much me. I told a friend 'cause they asked, but they're the only person who really knows.

I dunno dude. I've always thought of it as different people need to do different things to deal with this stuff. Some people need to fully transition and others can find a good thing in the middle ground. It's just different people have different comfort zones. Being 100% stealth while on HRT would probably be hard since, depending on the person, your body and face can change noticeably from it, but I don't see why it would be impossible.
>>
>>6381705
No, stealth is being fully physically and socially transitioned, then leaving your past behind and pretending you're a normal person.
>>
>>6381720
Oh. I thought that was just the end goal of most trans people (outside of telling romantic partners).
>>
>>6381732
A lot of transpeople are totally open about it. No statistics on how many of each, and there's probably some moderates, but it seems to me you're right.
>>
File: 1459587851293.jpg (52 KB, 331x331) Image search: [Google]
1459587851293.jpg
52 KB, 331x331
>>6373042
>>
>>6381579
i mean...that's part of being trans
but we must accept that there will always be a * by us.
there are a lot of unfortunate realities and this is one of them.
>>
>>6381852
Why don't you like my reply?

You want to be a girl but you're not going to be a girl. You want to be normal but you're not going to be normal.

You're trapped between a rock and a hard place. All that's left is to dehumanize yourself and face to bloodshed.
>>
File: image.jpg (67 KB, 640x746) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
67 KB, 640x746
This is how I feel all the time.

How fix?
>>
>>6382438
Detransition or kill yourself.
No hope for hons for the next 40 years at least.
>>
>>6381918
because i said, i'm too afraid of being dead. i have been since i was very little
>>
>>6383036
You will remain afraid until you see that the agony associated with death is not earnest, and recognize your expiration for what it is. A release, which you can finally embrace in its true glory and ecstasy.

Dehumanize yourself and face to bloodshed.
>>
>>6373042
By angry do you mean envious? Trans people are envious of women (some more than others) by nature. Though sometimes they can also resent women for having what they can never have. Maybe that's what you meant?

Do you just want to be a normal guy with a gf because society says that's what you should do? if so you gotta stop worrying about being a normal person so much. I think most people here tend to say that trying to be a "normal" person of their birth sex doesn't tend to turn out well at all.

Sorry I probably won't respond for a while because I'm going to bed now, but I'll check in the morning if you've responded.

And don't listen to the edgemaster here >>6383061 who sounds like he wants you to kill yourself.
>>
>>6383151
I'm actually an edgedoctor. I didn't get my PhD in red and black interior design for nothing.
>>
looking for a comment from other trans people, straight up, I may or may not have gender dysphoria, but I don't have the clearest understanding of it. I've kinda floated through my whole life gender wise, never interested in sex really, but definitely never felt like 'one of the guys'. My closest friends are girls, and whenever they do girly shit, I try to join not realizing it's exclusive to girls and make everyone uncomfortable. I've always had other female tendencies as well and even pretty small boobs but boobs none the less. over the past couple months I've considered that I may actually be trans, and it's just a scary thought cause of all the judgement and shit to come with it, and that it's so permanent. Anyone have some clear signs that one would be trans? Cause frankly, I'm definitely not a man, but when I wear girl shit, I feel fucking sexy as hell, don't even look that great, but yeah on some buffalo bob shit, I'd fuck me. Not even kidding. Only REAL confusing part is I really fancy the idea of having a full fem body and still my penis, only cause I've really grown attached to it, and quite like it, for an average sized cut dick it looks as good as it possibly can.

Also, "See a fucking therapist" is a perfectly acceptable answer. Thnks in advance anons
>>
>>6346396
Does anyone know which brands of estrogen creams they have in the US?
>>
>>6383480
I was getting a TruTrans vibe from you, then I suspected Klinefelter, and it ended on you sounding autogynephiliac. So there's some shit going on here. Let's take a few steps back.
Do you think your desire to become feminine is rooted in anything fetishistic? You say you feel sexy and look fuckable in girl's clothing, are you aroused by the idea of crossdressing, or do you feel more comfortable in girl's clothes?
Do you think you might have Klinefelter syndrome? I only ask because of the breasts and, I say this with the best intentions, mildly autistic behavior. It's a rare disorder, but a possibility.
Do you hate yourself as you are now, as a male? If you don't, I'd advise against transitioning even if you are a little transgendered. It's not fun and it's not easy.
If I'm coming up dry here than you're probably transgendered and should consider transition, see a therapist.
>>
>>6383529
Gotta love a 4chan psychologist.
>>
>>6383556
I know I can't offer any real insight. There is far much involved in any one story for it to fit into a single post. A proper response to which would end up being far longer.
I can only ask questions that might help them. If they don't help that's fine, if they do that's much better.
>>
>>6383529
>>I was getting a TruTrans vibe from you, then I suspected Klinefelter, and it ended on you sounding autogynephiliac. So there's some shit going on here. Let's take a few steps back.

Klinefelter, who knows, maybe. any chance blood work woulda caught that? Only show a few sympotoms of it and the rest is bust. Autogynephiliac, eh maybe.

>>Do you think your desire to become feminine is rooted in anything fetishistic? You say you feel sexy and look fuckable in girl's clothing, are you aroused by the idea of crossdressing, or do you feel more comfortable in girl's clothes?

not just aroused, definetely more comfortable, my daily 'man wear' is much tighter than most men's, and when i wear girl cloths (no, not in public) I can't stop smiling, like a goddamned koolaid man. Just wishing my hips, thighs, ass and boobs were bigger as well as less broad shoulders and man face.

>>Do you hate yourself as you are now, as a male? If you don't, I'd advise against transitioning even if you are a little transgendered. It's not fun and it's not easy.
If I'm coming up dry here than you're probably transgendered and should consider transition, see a therapist.

I know it's not fun nor easy, one of a few reasons I've been backminding it. However yes, I do dislike my body and being reffered to as a man, or ''good man'', a ''gentlemen'', etc, though i keep my mouth shut honestly. I don't like masculenity and don't work out, infact, have always avoid gaining too much weight and instinctively gone for a slender but hour glass look. The only things I do like about my body is how slightly fem it already is. Autistic behaviour is simply just me never feeling like I belong, I'm pretty normal around friends, but do struggle with reading and talking sometimes, so yeah... Prob gonna consult dr and threapist. And about the boobs, I was exaggerating a little, they're just boobish for a dude, but flat for a girl.

Thanks for the help.
>>
>>6383565
The only advice we should be giving people is if you're questioning go see a therapist.
>>
>>6383556
Only going with anon's insight as a first point of view from someone other than myself. Not taking it too seriously, just looking for that, insight.
>>
>>6383587
Blood test might catch odd hormone levels as a result of Klinefelter, but an actual karyotype (chromosomal) test is needed. If you really avoid gaining weight but still have man boobs it's something to look into.
The more you talk the more trans you sound to me, therapist is the next step.

Good luck.
>>
>>6383601
>>The more you talk the more trans you sound to me

That was bitter sweet to read, bitter cause IF I go through this, it'll be hell, already into a lot. Sweet cause I do really feel I should be a girl and well even some random from the internet saying that makes me feel a little better, not sure why, and that the hell will be worth it if I go through with it.

Thanks for the luck. Still gonna see a therapist soon.
>>
>>6383590
I disagree
>>
>>6383151
thank you anon

roughly, anger arising in part from envy i suppose.

i want to be a normal guy with a gf because it feels most realistic and like it should be most attainable. i like girls. i'm tired of being so lonely.

i'm not totally convinced i have to be trans. i'm not very feminine. i get along in male social spaces. i get disgusted at makeups. i get disgusted at hons. i desperately don't want to be trans.
>>
Hey everyone, I'd like to ask you all what you'd do in my situation.

This thread already has a long story further up so I'll try keep it short.

I'm currently 22 and have been told I could pass with FFS. I was born male and was always jealous of the female physic, however I have had a lot of trouble transitioning. I almost always prefer the idea of being female up until I actually start on hormones. So far I've started and ended Spirnolactone within a month, three times.

The first time I stopped because I was getting chest pains and a weird heart beat.

The second and third time I did not experience these symptoms, HOWEVER I noticed that I started not to care about my gender anymore. I became rather depressed, but I also found a sense of peace finally feeling like I could be male for the rest of my life. I went from liking typically fem things to not caring about them anymore, however I was also very down during this time and found little enjoyment in anything.

For obvious reasons I cannot stay on Spiro alone but everytime I end it the need to transition floods back. I figure with estrogen I would gain some of my enthusiasm for being female back, however I don't know how I could make it to that point without quitting again.

What should I do?
>>
>>6384076
>only spiro
>depression

what a surprise...

take estrogen, if you like the changes, keep going, if not, stop.
>>
>>6383920
Alright I'm awake again. I understand the loneliness, believe me I do. I like girls too, but I can't imagine myself as a normal guy in a relationship, and the last time I tried that it didn't work. That's just me though, it could be entirely different for you.

>that whole last sentence
Yeah I feel that. I don't wanna fully transition or anything. I've just been taking HRT and taking better care of my hair/skin and getting hair removed from my face. Going the femboy route has been pretty alright for me so far, but I'm only ~3 months in so it's hard to say if it'll be good for me in the long run.

You certainly don't have to transition if you don't want to. You don't have to take hormones or do anything if you don't want to. But I dunno, whether you want to or don't want to be, your post earlier sounded at least somewhat trans. Like, even if someone doesn't transition, they're still trans. And it's fine if they don't, not all trans people transition because not all of them need to.

Sorry I guess what I'm trying to say is IF you are trans, then that's just how it is; there's nothing you can do to really change that. You don't have to act on it if you don't want to though, and if you do, you don't have to go any further than makes you comfortable. It could be that you're trans, but at the same time you might not be. It's not my place to say based on the few paragraphs I've read about you. It's something you have to find out for yourself, and once you've done that, you need to figure out how to respond to the things that are making you feel this way. Sorry if I'm not very helpful, if I could tell you what was going on in your head, I would, but that's not something anyone can do but you.
>>
>>6373042
It's like the song Paint It Black
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O4irXQhgMqg
>i see the girls walk by dressed in their summer clothes
>and i have to turn my head until my darkness goes
>maybe then i'll fade away and not have to face the facts
>it's not easy facing up when your whole world is black

I don't think therapists really understand the kick in the gut feeling life can be when there are reminders everywhere that you're on the wrong side of the gender divide. I mean, songs, movies, relationships, families, socializing, all over the place. It will turn anyone into Eeyore after a while.

>>6383920
I don't think any of us want to be hons either. Improperly done or overdone makeup can be ugly too. Add to that the fact that it kind of looks weird on stubbly faces and male face structures.
>>
Reasons I want to go on T:

>facial hair
>deeper voice
>gainz
>thicker hair
>no periods
>able to pass

Reasons I don't want to go on T:

>will never be able to have kids (naturally)
>don't want to go thru second puberty (voice cracks esp)
>dont want my vagina to change at all
>afraid of going bald
>still like feminine clothes (sometimes) and activites
>worried i'll regret it in the future
>harder to be accepted (maybe this is just paranoia)

To T or not to T
>>
>>6384076
Are you self medding?
Try to go through the appropriate channels as soon as possible.
>>
>>6385820
>wanting to be pregnant and give birth
>ftm

That is like the most womanly thing imaginable.
>>
>>6385836
To be fair, I never said I was FTM - I'm still trying to figure things out. And the idea of pregnancy and birth disgusts me, but I want to have my own biological children. I could freeze my eggs but I'm worried something would go wrong.
>>
I figure I'll ask here because these threads have been pretty helpful whenever I've had questions related to my current search for a new anti-androgen.

What the fuck does bicalutamide and flutamide do when it comes to dht? I know it doesn't lower the levels of dht in the blood on its own, and I've heard people on here claim it does absolutely nothing about it, but according to studies I've read(http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/8150100, http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21605098/, http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12524069) flutamide can treat androgenic alopecia(male/female pattern baldness) and hirsutism, both caused by dht, in cis women, possibly even better than finasteride or cyproterone.

Does anyone know how flutamide/bicalutamide effect dht? What is the differences between the two drugs?
>>
>>6385820
>will never be able to have kids (naturally)
Didn't Thomas Beatie do this ? Like three times?

Mtf here so take my answers with a grain or two of salt I guessss
Your vagina won't change on HRT, except for no periods. Your clitoris will likely enlarge on the other hand..
Voice cracks suck but given that you're not in high school anymore I doubt your friends would be dicks about it.My friends notice when I do girly shit like gasping and they rib me for it, but I just laugh it off.
Going bald would suck but tons of men do and they rock it, you can always shave your head. By any chance does your fear come from that buzzfeed ftm that's prematurely balding?
>still like feminine clothes (sometimes) and activites
And I still wear flannel, drink beer, and go hunting. Your outward masculinity/femininity are still independent of your secondary sex characteristics.
Conversely, a lot of things I used to do as a guy don't interest me that much, so maybe the same will happen for you. Either way, it really doesn't matter.
>worried i'll regret it in the future
I can't tell you for sure if you won't, but if it makes you feel better T is effective at almost any age, you'e not really running out the clock like us mtfs as far as I'm concerned. In all likelihood You will pass no matter when you start.
IMO if you're getting psyched about growing body hair and a deeper voice you sound pretty definitively FTM. BUT think it over. You have time.
>>
I forgot to take my Spironolactone today, and only realized it now. I normally take them in the morning. Is it better to take it now, and continue taking my normal dose tomorrow morning, or should I just skip today to prevent the risk of doubling up.
I'm at 100mg a day, if it matters.
>>
>>638693
How many hours has it been since you should have taken your medication?

100mg is an initial low dose relatively for most people, so you should be fine even if you did double up.
>>
>>6387021
About 12, give or take an hour.
And yeah, since it's a low dose I figured it'd probably not be a problem.
>>
Been think8ng about

Abarlow95

Alexbarlyy

Barackobarlow
>>
>>6384253
>>6385827
I know I should be doing both those things, I'm just having trouble getting there. Thanks though
>>
>>6385977
i've looked that up a ton myself, and it really doesn't seem like there is any clear info
i believe flutamide is simply an older, worse "equivalent" of bicalutamide
>>
Anyone know any good ways to make your shoulders look narrower?
>>
>>6346396
I need help convincing me that FFS isn't just a meme.

It seems like most people that do it just come out looking unnatural or like Joan Rivers. Same thing I guess.

I have kind of a masculine face shape but if I can't get surgery without looking unnatural afterwords then I probably won't transition.
>>
http://imgur.com/a/qWpxv
A few of these MtFs did FFS, including the very first one. It's a little memey but, you know, you gotta do what you gotta do. If you don't NEED to transition to avoid killing yourself why exactly are you thinking about transitioning?
>>
>>6346396
>The_rapists_by_region
Thanks!
>>
>>6346396
>Trans Help General
More like Castration Cult Central.

Mind you, I’m not anti-trans.
I fap to shemales every day.
Are you with me or with /pol/?
>>
>>6387827
Anon, part of transitioning for most of us is learning that you are going to look unnatural to anyone who is around you long enough. If you don't think you can handle that, then maybe it isn't the best idea.
>>
>>6388124
That’s only because medicine is still mediaeval.
>>
>>6388144
And you need to accept it won't change in your lifetime.
>>
>>6388162
That’s only because the society is fucked up.

Scientific leap is perfectly achievable with the right mindset.
>>
>>6388192 (me)
But when I tried to convince people to pursue that direction, this very community has laughed me out of 4chan. You are your own nemesis.
>>
>>6388192
The right mindset being (You) are more important than diabetics, those with celiac disease, AIDS sufferers, etc.?

There's bigger fish to fry, love.
>>
>>6388220
All these things could be solved in one sweep
simply by people being less "patriotic"
and more creative.

Medicine of gender would benefit from general progress. Why can’t we still print dicks for transmen and female-to-shemales? Simply because we still can’t print organs. Etc.

I must be the first person in the world to use the term “female-to-shemale”. No real woman would ever want to become that. There exist only ciswomen and transmen.
>>
>>6388273
Oh. It's a global communism world peace meme magic episode. Good luck with that.
>I must be the first person in the world to use the term “female-to-shemale”
I doubt it. Very popular hentai tag.
>>
>>6388290
>communism
“Patriots” are just as (if not more) afraid of global capitalism.

A George Soros supporter here, nice to meet you.

I must be like the first person on 4chan to support Mr. Soros.
>>
File: ss+(2016-06-14+at+07.06.03).png (1 KB, 390x25) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2016-06-14+at+07.06.03).png
1 KB, 390x25
>>6388322
Yeah, we're not big fans of the Jewish cabal.
>>
>>6388374
Hahah!

>Nazi
>trans
What the world has come to!
Reality has surpassed fantasy.

I should be probably thankful though that it’s not the other way round (Nazi and anti-trans). Throughout the history, it used to be that way.
>>
>>6388394
>against global Jewish conspiracy
>UR A NAZI
Your reality is a fantasy. I'm sorry, but there is no cure short of a bullet to the brain. You can try seeing a therapist and getting some pills but I doubt it'll help.
>>
>>6388406
Not intending to change your political views here. But if you are neither communist nor libertarian, you are fascist. And, if you are anti-globalist, you are nationalist. Quite simple.

I’m not the anon who asked that question though. I’m a drive-by poster.
>>
>MtF
>parents are immigrants
>have birth name that is common in their country
>take on similar feminine form of my birth name to keep that connection with my family and to make the change easier for myself and others
>now I am the homely girl with the weird name that nobody can pronounce
>somebody berated me for "picking a fucking snowflake name"
Ugh. At least my family are kind and accepting Finns and not like Ugandans or Russians or something.
>>
>>6388406
>that question

>>6388406
>You can try seeing a therapist

Oh, I thought you talked about transitioning. Now I see you actually talked to me.
>>
>>6388459
I'm in a similar boat, but I asked my parents what they would have named me if I was born a girl.

It ain't easy.
>>
Any Canadians have experience ordering mones from overseas to a rented Canada Post box and how it works?
>>
File: baa.jpg (51 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
baa.jpg
51 KB, 500x375
>>6388406
And, to be honest, Nazi dickgirls are the least of my nightmares. I’m actually quite fond of that outcome. (I can’t find the relevant Doom Paul meme.)

Bear in mind, however, that tables can turn any time. Today, you believe you are anti-Zionist, tomorrow – as a transperson – you are branded part of Zionist conspiracy and sent to Auschwitz.
>>
>>6388510
If estrogen, just order it. No need for anything. If testosterone, you'll want a prescription since it's a controlled substance (performance-enhancing steroid).
>>
>>6388532
I ask because in the US only the US postal service can deliver to PO boxes but I have no idea how they work in Canada. Or if they get checked extra, or transfer into the Canada Post system at some point or something. I don't want to risk shipping to where I live because of roomies.
>>
>>6388532
Fun fact: the last time I checked, ordering steroids by mail and ESPECIALLY bringing them personally with you on a plane from abroad was legal in Britain WITHOUT prescription. Steroids – therefore oestrogen, progesterone, testosterone and what you may
>>
anyone have experience getting hrt through informed consent here?

i'd always thought that informed consent happened at clinic type places, but i looked at the list of informed consent providers in my area, and it only lists individual "approved clinical supervisors." is it unusual for it to work this way through a single person? and how does that work, do i just make an appointment, go through the evaluation process, and then they give me hormones? i'm trying to get hrt pretty quickly, so i don't want to go through a ton of appointments
>>
>>6388858
I go to a doctor with informed consent. I sliced open my hand chopping carrots and casually mentioned when I was getting bandaged that I deserved it since I was a tranny. Doctor said "Come in when this heals and we'll deal with that." Next week, I told him I was serious as all hell about it and gave him some examples of things that make me sure I'm trans. He had me sign a paper that said he wasn't liable if I fucked up and wasn't actually trans or if my meds screwed me and told me to come in every other month for blood tests. Informed consent is easy, and even easier if you live in an urban area of a blue state or a country that's super liberal. Been doing it 2 years now.
>>
>>6388884
thanks for the reply

so getting the hormones is a fairly quick proccess?
>>
>>6388905
Yeah, with informed consent. It takes an appointment or two because the doctor wants to get a feel for you and identify if you're actually trans, but just go in and talk about dysphoria and stuff. If you get a person who wants you to meet strict gender roles (like stricter than cis women are expected to socially meet, like not wearing pants or always wearing makeup or whatever), bail and go to a different person. Most doctors will be pretty chill, though. Mine even treats transtrender Tumblr kids, but it's whatever since he didn't make me jump through hoops. Informed consent is easy. Just talk for an hour or two, sign the liability waivers, and get your prescriptions.
>>
>>6388924
>because the doctor wants to get a feel for you and identify if you're actually trans
THEN IT'S NOT INFORMED CONSENT..
>>
>>6388924
>>6389008
woops went fully granny on that shit. didn't mean to caps lock haha
>>
>>6389008
>>6389036
What I mean is, they won't make you get therapist letters or meet any BS standards. No doctor in their right mind would just let you slide through and get prescription meds without at least a thorough talk about the ramifications and if you're ready for it. You don't just go in and say "give me hormones" and leave. They talk to you a bit about what you should expect and make sure you're at least somewhat grounded. Even if they're hesitant, they'll still prescribe if you push for it and sign the waiver. The talk is the "inform" part of "informed consent." Of course, I suppose you could just go in and demand they just let you sign the paper without reading it, but they'll still want to talk about your medical history. Even if they have a waiver, they'd still be liable I they prescribed a medication to somebody who had a condition that made it dangerous to take. I hope that makes sense.
>>
Does most of the expected breast growth occur during the first six months?
>>
>>6389240
not the thread
>>
>>6389240

I bring up men's rights issues and actual women's rights issues all the time and people get extremely triggered when you deviate from the good goy playbook of western white women being oppressed
>>
Been identifying as an ftm for a while some time ago
Now I kinda don't know anymore
And it's fucking me up
>>
>>6346396
Get off 4chan fag
>>
>>6389361
What do you mean? What's made you doubt yourself, and how is it messing you up?
>>
>>6389455
For a while I have identified as a dude but I don't think I wanna live as a male at the moment.
I'm just really confused now. Because was I fooling myself this whole time? I don't think I did but what if I did?
>>
>>6389490
Are you confused because you don't want to live as a guy? Understand, not wanting to live as a dude and not being ftm are two different things. There can be a number of reasons why someone who's trans wouldn't want to socially transition, and a fair amount of trans people don't need to do that. I'm trans, but I don't want to live as a woman, and I have reasons for that. It doesn't mean I don't still yearn to have a woman's body or feel shitty about my own body sometimes. Or is it something else that's making you feel confused?
>>
>>6389501
I guess that can be it.
But I Also enjoy ike "girlier" stuff. I know that's a stupid reason but I'm unhealthily sensitive irl.
I have seen plenty of cis men enjoy makeup but if I wear it, it makes me less of a man. I know I should do what makes me happy but I wanna be seen as male. Extremely stupid reason, I know.

I just think living as whats in my pants will keep me safe from the big scary mean world.
>>
>>6389659
Well the stuff you enjoy doesn't dictate your sex. Look, the whole idea of masculinity is stupid just like the whole idea of housewife femininity is stupid. If you end up going on T and getting buff with facial hair and a deep voice and stuff but still wanna wear make-up, you'll probably just be seen as a faggy guy. I can't tell you what to do, but base your decision on what you think is best for yourself, and what's best for yourself isn't always what's safest or easiest. If you can stay living as a woman and not feel terrible for doing so, that's fine. I'm more or less doing the same thing from the other side but as a pretty fem guy. Unless the notion of T making it super easy for FtMs to pass is a meme, you have time to think things through and decide what's best for you.
>>
>>6389731
I got loads of time. I'm young (18).
I just want to be a cute faggot. And to be seen as one.
>>
I'm was aware that, as a mtf, hormones would make me sterile. I don't really mind this at all. However, I did not want to have impotence as well. How do I "fix" this or at least lessen it?
>>
>>6389877
As long as you regularly masturbate/get erections you shouldn't lose too much function.
>>
>>6389096
>Even if they have a waiver, they'd still be liable I they prescribed a medication to somebody who had a condition that made it dangerous to take.
No, they would not. That's why they have a waiver. They're also not really prescribing it to you. It's more of a "here's your drugs sir or madam or what the fuck ever" and that's the end of your legal relationship. They ask you these questions because they care whether you live or die. You can plug your ears and scream "LA LA LA" if you like. That being said, they have no actual obligation to do anything for you. Right to refuse service and all that.
>>
>>6389235
Mine did, but i heard enough people still growing boobs after that. depends on genetics really.
>>
>>6390286
>>6389235
so you're saying the chart in the op is complete bullshit then?
>>
>>6390407
The chart in the OP shows averages for onset time and duration of changes. It doesn't suggest that your changes will fit exactly within those time frames or be evenly distributed throughout the time frame.

There's really no way to accurately predict what your body will do. Since you seem to think it's all very neat and standardized, I'll just drop this bombshell now. One boob is going to grow faster than the other. It's stupid.
>>
>>6390407
That chart seem to be perpetuated by hons who transitioned in their 40s.
>>
>>6390467
Also this. Since the majority of early MtFs were massive hons they fucked our averages during most studies to high hell.
>>
>>6390474
The chart is from a journal posted by WPATH in 2011. It's current, but not /that/ current.
>>
>>6390440
>>6390467
Can you explain why the chart would be wrong? I don't see how poorer final results for hons necessarily makes that chart inaccurate.
>>
File: iiam.gif (4 KB, 650x220) Image search: [Google]
iiam.gif
4 KB, 650x220
>>6390515
>Why does it take a 40 year old's body longer to initiate and finalize a massive restructuring than a 20 year old's body?
They also recover from surgery and other injuries slower. It's known as falling the fuck apart.
>>
>>6390113
This also viagra.
>>
>>6389008
>RAGE
;)

>>6389036
>fully granny
Are grannies so powerful?
>>
>>6390549
a natural puberty isn't started and ended in a year
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 28

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.