[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
On the Subject of Hair on HRT
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: 1433973524261.jpg (69 KB, 663x496) Image search: [Google]
1433973524261.jpg
69 KB, 663x496
What exactly happens to hair when on HRT, head hair, facial hair and the rest. I've never had a definitive answer and I want to know if it will thin out, like I've heard.
>>
Body hair thins out and a lot of it gets replaced with the type of fine blonde hair that covers most of your body. Note that some women are just hairy though and this could end up applying to you, depends on genetics. Facial hair growth slows and some hairs get lighter in color but it won't really be reduced significantly by HRT alone. Male pattern baldness stops progressing and there's some slight potential for regrowth of a receding hairline, but for the most part any damage already done is there to stay
>>
>>5263553
It depends. For Mtfs (in my experience) the hair on the thighs thin out the most to the point of not growing back visibly. The shins thin out slightly. I didn't have any hair on the torso. Pubes started growing in a more female pattern (Started before they fully grew). Armpits hardly changed. Facial hair thinned out slightly but not of any practical results (can only grow a fag stache anyways). Head hair seems to be healthier but thats probably cause I take care of it although the erstrogen might help with length and growth no idea.

Take note that I epilate my hair and when I was just starting HRT I used hair preventative lotions after I plucked which may have helped. But all in all I think a combination of HRT and epilation works wonders in hair reduction.
>>
>>5263553
Head hair: If you have no T to be turned into DHT; it will stop hair loss, if you're lucky you'll get some hair back.
Facial hair: Hairs become thinner and if they're dark, you might be lucky and see them get a little brighter which helps for covering beard shadow with makeup.
Body hair: On chest, thighs, legs, back areas, it turns to baby hairs over time.

Early HRT and beyond generally everything grows a lot slower, and will be a lot easier to shave, epilate or wax. Except for head hair of course. For me around 3 months in, shaving my body no longer became a pain. My chest hair has turned blonde 5 months in, but I've used an epilator for that so that has contributed to making the hairs thinner and weaker.
>>
>>5263553
If you stay on estrogen long enough it makes all your body hair melt away and your skin becomes sexy smooth. The hair on your face slowly starts to fall off and the hair on your head gets silky smooth and grows in thicker like girl hair.
>>
>>5263610
>>5263615
>>5263630
Thanks, I needed to hear it from other mtf's, I guess I'll be getting an epilator then.
>>
>>5264058
I hope you're a while in HRT when you plan to use it, enjoy the pain!
>>
>>5264118
It can't be worse than waxing can it? I also assume it's a lot more effective than just shaving, which if so makes it worth the pain.
>>
>>5264151
It hurts more than waxing because it's a lot slower process, but it's very convenient and waxing yourself can be messy if you're twitchy. I managed to leave a fuck ton of wax residue because it hurt too much on a specific spot, which was a bitch to wash off.
Waxing is more painful just as you pull the wax layer off though, but doing i.e. both legs and thighs I recommend doing it in sessions as the pain can be unbearing, but after you do it a few times it gets better, and as hairs grow unevenly back, it's less intense for your next time.
I also recommend using good moisturizers once you're done, and also before, preferably one with cleansing or anti bacterial properties to avoid ingrown hairs or tiny infections. I used a cream that was moisturizing, exfoliating and cleansing 3-in-1 thing with good success. When your skin is soft it's less painful.
Oh and I recommend doing it in a hot bath or shower, get a wet&dry epilator.
>>
>>5263553
baily jay is so bae.
>>
>>5263610
>Male pattern baldness stops progressing and there's some slight potential for regrowth of a receding hairline, but for the most part any damage already done is there to stay

fwiw I was a level 2 on the Norwood scale with enough thinning to see the scalp, and after about 15 months on hrt it had completely reversed and all of my hair filled in. but I had just started balding, so if it's been gone for a while you're probably shit out of luck.
>>
>>5263553
I've been on HRT for nearly 8 years. In my personal experience:

>Scalp/Head
Male pattern baldness stops. Regrowth of lost hair. Rate of hair growth increases.

>Facial/Neck
Generally unchanged. You most likely will require laser hair removal or electrolysis. I've done it and it's definitely worth the pain. It will require many sessions of consistent nuking, but it works. I have noticed though that the rate of facial/neck hair growth had decreased significantly due to the HRT.

>Body
Body hair rate of growth significantly reduced. The amount of hair is also reduced, including the thickness and darkness of the hairs. Some parts of my body, I've noticed mostly on my legs, small bald patches where hair has stopped growing entirely. If you get/got on HRT early enough, you will never grow chest or back hair.
>>
>>5263553
>Bailey jay
>those thin man hips
>>
>>5266634
I don't understand how people can find her attractive. Like at all
>>
>>5266644
>her

also the reason they find him attractive is because he's pretty homely so the neckbeards here think they stand a chance if they ever met him not realising that bailey would laugh in their faces irl
>>
daily reminder that bailey jay has an uggo face
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.