[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What do?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3
File: yesterdai.png (115 KB, 319x600) Image search: [Google]
yesterdai.png
115 KB, 319x600
Alrighty /k/, I'm an Ausfag currently studying at uni but there is no way in hell I'm going to complete this degree.

I'm looking to do something combat/security related, don't really care what. I've got my application in for infantry but if there's something that prevents me enlisting I'd like to have other options open.

Anyone got any ideas what industry I should look into?

Pick somewhat related
>>
>>27846525
Join the Army
>>
>>27846525
there arn't many security jobs and they are usually word of mouth
a lot of guys in our industry are cowboys

when considering joining the army, remember you arn't actually joining "the army", rather you are joining a part of the army

recruiters will give you the impression that you only have a few options in order to fill areas that are lacking manpower

if you join infantry, you wont gain much in the way of skills, which long term is a really big deal because after you leave he army you will be fairly unemployable and might be stuck in low paid work

I would seriously look into police work before thinking about the millitary, you get to live a normal life, stay in a normal community
>>
>>27847579
As loyal to the infantry as I am, this anon is correct. While you don't gain many skills in the infantry to use in the civilian world making a career out of the infantry is not an awful idea.
>>
File: 00548_full.jpg (413 KB, 1000x567) Image search: [Google]
00548_full.jpg
413 KB, 1000x567
Dildo connoisseur
>>
>>27846525
What are you studying?
>>
>>27847937
Mechanical Engineering
>>27847579
I've looked at police too but the recruitment process where I live is usually a 12-18 month process, something that I could do but would rather something a bit quicker.

There's a few other roles I'm interested in apart from infantry, like combat engineer or parachute rigger. These ones offer more qualifications that can be used in the civvie world afterward, but aren't always recruiting.

I'd also prefer a non 'normal life'. I can't stand working normal mon - fri type jobs.
>>
>>27850631
>government job
>taking anything less than 12-18 months to process

Not trying to crush your dreams but military is a pretty shit choice these days. Many anons have said this before, its peacetime, your life is going to suck.

Stick with mech engineering for now, maybe put in an application for state police while you study.
>>
Dont be a fuckwit and go infantry. Youll be waiting over 24 months anyway even if you get accepted. Apply for an engineering sponsorship so they pay you to study your degree, then graduate and do your time. When its done take your experience and get the fuck out of there and find a cushy job. Youll get used to the mon-fri drag when you start making big dollarydoos.
>>
File: oldmateruss.gif (999 KB, 358x266) Image search: [Google]
oldmateruss.gif
999 KB, 358x266
If you're going to join the Armed services go Officer first and if you don't get in then go enlisted. But at least do something practical unless you really really REALLY want infantry (which you clearly don't).

In saying that, I'd be looking into doing a civilian trade or another degree before you do the Army.If you're desperate for security work you could always do a degree in the criminology field.
>>
>>27850631
They're always recruiting for any position.
The whole '24 month wait' thing is bull shit designed to dissuade fuckwhits who pop into DFR for their yousession with grand delusions. Guaranteed you'll get offered a position quickly in the infantry, and combat engineering and parachute rigging is always in high demand.

They're desperate for recruits, people in the army are bugging out cause muh peace time and the recruits aren't coming in because better opportunities and quality of life in civvie street.
>>
>>27850631
well be prepared to speand a few years in training, it's a career; keep that in mind

you join the army they don't just drop a gun in your hand and cash in your pocket, the police force is the same.

the army hides their processes to give people the impression that they jump straight in, not to knock the army but that is the reality of it

if you're police there are arange of jobs you can do, beat cops work night shifts, patrol cops work odd hours
you could request posting to the dessert, they always need cops out there

I'm not sure what appeals to you, but there is so much out there
>>
In aus, the army reserve is alway a good option, and they will let just about anyone into the reserve infantry at the moment.

But I think that working as a cop would be your best plan. I know alot of police that are also infantry reservists. It gives you the pros of the army (playing with cool toys, etc) while still giving you a decent day to day career.

Also reserve recruitment is only a few months long so if you apply for them both you can do your training while waiting for the police to process your application.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.