[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
NJ gun laws
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3
File: 10334359_1.jpg (56 KB, 1500x872) Image search: [Google]
10334359_1.jpg
56 KB, 1500x872
Alright fellow New Jerseyans of /k/ I need some help

Recently, my dad found his old Red Rider BB gun in the basement, just like pic related, and I would love to go in the backyard and shoot soda cans with it if it weren't for one small thing.

I happen to live in New Jersey, one of only 2 states (other being Rhode Island) to classify BB guns as firearms, meaning all laws that apply to firearms apply to BB guns.

So really I have no idea how to use this in my backyard and buy ammo for it without getting arrested.

Do I need to go into the woods and be at least 450 away from all buildings to use it?
Do I need to smuggle BB's across the Pennsylvania border to get ammo for it?
Do I need to get a Firearms Identification Card to possess it?
Do I need to register the damn thing?

I know NJ gun laws are beyond fucked and I'm hoping that someone can shed some light on the subject.

>inb4 /nogunz/ gtfo
>>
>>29828589
Just buy BBs at Walmart and shoot it in your backyard. You don't have shit neighbors do you?
>>
File: 1459311221049.jpg (6 KB, 187x200) Image search: [Google]
1459311221049.jpg
6 KB, 187x200
>>
>>29828613
People have been arrested for doing just that, that's why I'm worried.

" As recently as October, a man was arrested in New Jersey for shooting an airsoft gun at a rubber duck for target practice, in his own yard. Idyriss Thomas, 22, was arrested in Glassboro, N.J., after police responded to multiple 911 calls from neighbors who reported seeing a man with a gun. Once police determined the gun was unlicensed, Thomas was taken to jail and charged with unlawful possession of a weapon."

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/12/10/bb-gun-control-in-new-jersey-kids-rite-passage-could-mean-felony.html

I guess they're alright but who knows
>>
>>29828589
alright man, NJ resident here too. as far as I know, it sort of depends where you live. any NJ firearm owner and even a bb gun owner know that the laws here aren't very clear and the lines are a bit blurred
>>
>>29829209
(cont) if it is a bb gun and not an air gun, which are two different things as far as "ammunition" is concerned, you should be OK to shoot around your property. again this is assuming you live in an OK neighborhood. if you don't mind me asking, what city or at least county do you live in?
>>
File: muh Michigan.jpg (865 KB, 1500x1206) Image search: [Google]
muh Michigan.jpg
865 KB, 1500x1206
>>29828589
>I happen to live in New Jersey, one of only 2 states (other being Rhode Island) to classify BB guns as firearms, meaning all laws that apply to firearms apply to BB guns.

Doesn't Michigan still designate BB/pellet pistols as handguns, or did we drop that bullshit?
>>
>>29828589
Set up target in back yard. Open back door or back window. Stand a few feet back from the opening so the barrel isn't sticking out, and your concealed. Shoot to your hearts content.
>>
>>29828589
You don't need to worry too much, unless the cops and neighbors are dicks.

Just make sure your backyard is well hidden (fencing or foliage).
>>
>>29829240
Mercer, outside of Trenton
>>
>>29829330
this
>>
>>29829477
then you should be OK. you don't need an FID card to buy bb pellets and as long as you're on your property you'll be OK as far as NJ state laws are concerned. remember you have a right to have a firearm and even a bb gun openly displayed on YOUR property. plinking at cans or whatever is all good. the only problem would be if you have shitty neighbors and/or an uninformed police department
>>
>>29828589
>So really I have no idea how to use this in my backyard
Do you not have a fence?
>and buy ammo for it without getting arrested.
buy pellets / balls online, anywhere.tld
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.