[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>(paraphrased) >You write "Born to Kill" on your
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4
File: fmj.gif (997 KB, 500x280) Image search: [Google]
fmj.gif
997 KB, 500x280
>(paraphrased)
>You write "Born to Kill" on your helmet and you wear a peace button. What's that supposed to be, some kind of sick joke?
>No, sir.
>Answer my question or you'll be standing tall before the man.
>I think I was trying to suggest something about the duality of man, sir. The Jungian thing, sir.

What did Pvt. Joker mean by this?
>>
File: joker hartman.jpg (71 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
joker hartman.jpg
71 KB, 1280x720
>Private Joker, why did you join my beloved corps?
>Sir, to kill, sir!
>So you're a killer?
>Sir, yes, sir!

Also,

>I wanted to meet interesting and stimulating people of an ancient culture... and kill them. I wanted to be the first kid on my block to get a confirmed kill!

What did he mean by this? Was he just joking as per his namesake or is Joker a genuine psychopath? Was him killing the VC female sniper at the end pity, revenge, or a convenient way to indulge his desire expressed above?
>>
I'm not nearly smart enough to really explain the deeper meanings of a Kubrick film, so here's a fun link that talks about your question.

http://www.visual-memory.co.uk/amk/doc/0093.html
>>
>>29582271
"what did he/she/they mean by this" is a shitposting phrase, dude. Just move on.
>>
>>29582294

It's a meme phrase but it doesn't mean it's without meaning.
>>
File: Bofors-060323-F-9044H-001.jpg (2 MB, 2496x1664) Image search: [Google]
Bofors-060323-F-9044H-001.jpg
2 MB, 2496x1664
This is now a Gunny thread
>>
>>29582199

Pvt. Joker is just a good-natured nerd trying to overcompensate for the lack of primal masculinity in his life.
>>
>>29582172
>The Jungian thing, sir
he's talking about Carl Jung

here's an intro
http://www.academia.edu/4977212/Analytical_Psychology_The_Theory_of_Carl_Jung
>>
File: 147549_ts.jpg (96 KB, 1154x1154) Image search: [Google]
147549_ts.jpg
96 KB, 1154x1154
>>29582640
>Psychology
oh hell... you better post a picture of a gun with that or you'll be banned for off topic subject matter.
>>
>>29582172
>imgur/tumblr image of something that could've easily just been a jpg but is instead an animated gif of one thing
>>
>>29582172
I've only ever heard women ask what they meant by the duality of man line

I wonder why?
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.