[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
can we have a pro guns and freedom, laughing at gun grabbers
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 5
File: mel fights the jews.jpg (16 KB, 302x246) Image search: [Google]
mel fights the jews.jpg
16 KB, 302x246
can we have a pro guns and freedom, laughing at gun grabbers thread? I just got out of class and had to sit through an hour of "you don't NEED that unless you want to shoot up an elementary school :>)" from one of my professors. The only saving grace is 3/4 are apparently pro gun and fought her and a handful of students on it the whole time.
>pro gun statistics
>pro gun stories of self defense
>stories of gun grabbers talking out of their ass
bonus points if credited in the media
>>
File: Welcome to k.jpg (139 KB, 600x473) Image search: [Google]
Welcome to k.jpg
139 KB, 600x473
>>29449114
Obligatory.
>>
File: 1441321068280.jpg (70 KB, 885x765) Image search: [Google]
1441321068280.jpg
70 KB, 885x765
>>29449114
that happened to me once. Went into a fairly liberal school when gun control is brought up, I sit back waiting for the rage and as it turns out most of the class is ok with guns and thinks acting laws are retarded
this was is new York too
>>
>>29449455
There's like 12 million gun owners in NY state. We beat out most midwestern states in terms of sheer number of owners, but they beat us on guns owned per capita by a mile. In the city and it's surrounding counties almost everyone is guncucked, surprisingly though the blacks and hispanics don't give a fuck about guns. It's literally the ancient WASPS still lording over the entire state from the upper east side because they it helps maintain their "privileged" status.

For the record you can own a fun in NYC, but don't even waste your time trying to get your local precinct to okay you having a handgun or an unfucked AR.
>>
Guns are for family bonding. Schools in New Hampshire and Maine are so empty on the first day of deer season that most teachers don't even bother having a lesson plan.
>>
>>29449114
>get into an argument with a friend at a party
>she uses the "why do you need to carry a gun when there are police" point
>ignores everything I say to counter
>whatever I don't feel like talking anymore
>she leaves the party
>5 minutes after leaving she gets carjacked by two fine upstanding gentlemen armed with knives
>it was only possible because she never locks her doors and calls you a racist if you lock them
>she was also checking facebook on her phone in the middle of a empty intersection at 11 at night
>they threaten to culturally-enrich her with their dicks but end up driving off
>find all this out because she calls the police and then me
>I get there before the police do
>I don't even have to say anything. She knows
>hang around until she's done talking to them and give her a ride home
>tell her I'm going to take her to the range tomorrow and let her try some of my guns
>end up taking her to apply for her CCW permit right after the range trip
>it's been five months since and she's currently building her first AR
>keeps asking me about all sorts of gun related stuff
>what have I done
>>
>>29449661
You've done the Lord's work, that's what you've done.
>>
File: special feels.png (148 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
special feels.png
148 KB, 640x480
Here's some ammunition, anons. Use these in your arguments/debates:

>There are 33,000 deaths each year related to firearms and 22,000 are suicides. Smoking kills 480,000 people every year.
Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_violence_in_the_United_States

>France suffered more casualties (murders and injuries) from mass public shootings in 2015 than the US has suffered during Obama’s entire presidency.
Source: http://crimeresearch.org/2016/01/france-suffered-more-casualties-murders-and-injuries-from-mass-public-shootings-in-2015-than-the-us-has-suffered-during-obamas-entire-presidency-508-to-424-2/

>Statistically, cops are about 6 times as likely to be convicted of a crime than CHL holders.
Source: http://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/papers.cfm?abstract_id=2629704

>Gun homicides in US at 20-year low, despite 56% of Americans thinking gun crime has increased over same 20-year period.
source: http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-22443441
>>
>>29449455
Reminder that the most shrill opinions are not necessarily the most popular
>>
>>29449890
>>Gun homicides in US at 20-year low, despite 56% of Americans thinking gun crime has increased over same 20-year period.
As we've found out this election cycle, the media is shameless in promoting their own agendas. Breathless coverage of every crime even remotely gun related is why.
>>
>>29449661
Eh, she lived in a bubble and had it burst. Ignorance is frustrating, yes, but she managed to change when faced with a real-world experience. Now marry her and start your beautiful family, anon.
>>
>>29449661
Man. She's lucky she wasn't raped and kidnapped, not necessarily in that order.

Most people won't have the chance to say "gee, I was wrong, and I'm gonna go it differently now" - it'll just be a bunch of crying and "why is this happening to meeeeee" and then getting destroyed.
>>
>>29449920
This

Everyone thinks that colleges are some sort of ultra-leftist breeding grounds, but as someone who just recently graduated from a university in California, most students tend to actually lean more toward a libertarian mindset. Yeah, millennials are all pro-gay marriage and pro-abortion rights, but they're also mostly either pro-gun, or just ambivalent on the subject. Most colleges I've seen do tend to lean more toward the left, but it's not nearly as gun-grabby as people seem to think.
>>
>>29449129
I love the original versiion of this cartoon for its level of denial. Since there's no national registry, the only way to estimate the number of actual gun owners are extremely flawed studies that take such small sample sizes in such a small area as to be useless and NiCS data and CCW permit applications. So you have this weird convergence of data that shows that gun ownership has declined in the surveys and polls and record breaking gun sales according to NICS. So the grabbers totally reasonable explanation is that the few gun owners are buying hundreds of guns a year each, not that people lie to pollsters about owning guns or that a study done by the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence might be biased.

The fatal flaw to their, "A few owners are buying all the guns" argument is the explosion of CCW permit applications, even in states like New York and California. The fact that none of them seem to want to acknowledge, because it fucks with their world view, is that gun owners became a silent plurality some time in the early 2010's and are a majority in most red states.
>>
>>29449661
But did you hit it?
>>
>>29450053
colleges are ultra-leftist breeding grounds. That's just the way it is most of the time. Taking middle to upper class children who more than likely never had to work for a goddamn thing in their lives besides a wendys that one summer because dad told them they had to, and having them taught by a mostly left wing teacher who scored big with this job and think theyre the next karl marx because everyone else with their degree is working in retail is a cocktail for an arrogant disaster
>>
>>29449920
>>29450053
it really depends on the location and the age. Ii remember some ultra liberal hipster fucks when I was a freshman chilling out and becoming a little more middle ground with their views. A lot of it comes with age and experience. The problem is we treat ALL the kids today like theyre special snowflakes and the younger you are the more loud you are about things you know nothing about
>>
>>29450131
I dunno, maybe you and I have just had different experiences. I just happen to see most people my age as being left of center, but not full on blue haired gun grabbing sjw tri gendered pyro fox mode. Yeah, there's deffinitely some entitlement in my generation for sure (fuckin participation trophies, man), but there are also a lot of people who just want to work and are fed up with the shitty job market. Case in point, I've got friends who are lefty nogunz, but who get really excited when I take them to the range, a few are now asking me for advice on buying guns, and one is asking me what he needs to do to get a hunting license and could he maybe join me when I go hog hunting on my family's ranch sometime.
Yeah, colleges are definitely leftist, no one can argue that, but I don't think it's as bad as some people assume. If right-wing America would focus more on decreasing government spending and lowering taxes and less on waving bibles above their heads, I get the feeling that there would be a noticeable shift among young voters away from leftist territory. Of course, all of this just happens to be my own personal experience. I definitely can't speak for my generation as a whole, but this is just what I've seen myself attending college in a very liberal state.
>>
File: 1458235109490.jpg (54 KB, 540x472) Image search: [Google]
1458235109490.jpg
54 KB, 540x472
>>29449114
You know I went through grade school without hearing anyone straight up say shit like "You don't need X gun" or straight up promoting gungrabbing. Hell I'm in Community College now and my professor asked what we think about CC on campus. No one straight up said no to it, and those who were against it were just unfamiliar with guns. They weren't against it just neutral about it. Not only that my sister who is a die hard Sanders supporter/DC lover is somewhat neutral about guns. However this is fucking Virginia so it kinda makes sense to see so much pro-gun people here.

Where do you guys go to find extreme anti-gunners?
>>
>>29450279
it's all about where you live. I'm in the pacific northwest, I commute into a major city for work.

There are bernie stickers everywhere, and when San Bernardino happened, my coworkers were saying stuff like:

>"people shouldn't be allowed to own guns like that"
>"If I find out that anyone I know owns a gun, I will no longer speak to that person"
>"Europe is light-years ahead of us"
>"fuck the nra"

meanwhile I'm standing a few feet away with my best poker face, and a concealed handgun. Also an AR15 in my trunk outside. If they knew, I'd be fired.
>>
>>29450390
To be fair, definitely fuck the nra. Ted Nugent is a god damn idiot, and the organization itself is a great demonstration in what happens when a well-meaning cause gets too caught up with money.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.