[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
AR7
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (38 KB, 800x576) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
38 KB, 800x576
Hey /k/,

Really considering adding one of these to the collection. Does anyone have some firsthand insight on them? Opinions?
>>
>>29429844

I had one back in the early 1980's.

It was a complete piece of shit. It's just one person's experience with it but I'd never waste another dollar on one.
>>
>>29429844
That is pretty cool. If you really want the survivalist usage for it I would go with a 20 gauge 22 combo rifle. But depending on cost, I would do it.(cost being 250 or less)
>>
>>29429844

I had one but got rid of it. It only worked reliably with Winchester T-22. If I used anything else it misfired every 3 or 4 shot.

Pros - Lightweight, compact, easy to carry in a backpack, fun to put together, average accuracy out to 25 yards, everyone wanted to have a shoot whenever I pulled it out of the pack.

Cons - Jamamatic with almost every type of ammo, crap accuracy at longer than 25 yards, trigger assembly had some slop in in when assembling it, always felt 'fragile' when put together.

Get yourself a takedown Ruger 10/22. I have never regretted trading up.
>>
>>29429882
Probably a Charter Arms one.
>>
>>29429844
Its probably exactly how you'd imagine. Flimsy, innacurate, and dinky. But its extremely compact and easy to assemble, no tools required and extremely light. Pretty decent as an oh-shit gun but -definitely- not a go-to. 10/22 takedown kind of achieves the same purpose unless youre extremely strapped for space and weight.
>>
The Henry one I used was excellent

At 100 yards we shot with irons and between 5 people all hit within a 2 foot circle but a foot or two low

I wasn't even sure we were hitting the target with how big the peep is

Functioned fine with all ammo
One thing to mention, tap the barrel down during tightening
That's where its supposed to be seated
>>
>>29429917
>20 gauge 22 combo rifle.

do they still make the savage 24? is that what you are talking about.
>>
>>29429844
You are a about to have a lot of people tell you this gun is horrible. I want to put some perspective on this...

Sometime after this gun came to market it got bought by Charter Arms. Charter Arms cheaped out on the rifle which caused it to have multiple issues. Eventually Henry Arms bought it and went ot work finding out what was wrong and fixing the issues until it became a working gun again. The problem the rifle ( and Henry ) face now is the fact the reputation of the firearm is still horrible from the time it spent being a production of Charter Arms. While I've not used Henry's version I've only heard positive reviews ( still some negative criticism but the reviews were positive ) and I'd feel comfortable buying one.

It is worth noting this is NOT a range gun. The firearm itself was not built ( that I know of ) to put 100+ shots down range in a single sitting but was instead designed for field use ( take those eight shots at that cluster of ground hogs and get yourself a meal ) on small animals. It is the kind of gun you would toss into a "get home" bag if you were a pilot, a trucker using isolated roads/highway, maybe a sailor ( the gun floats ) along with similar professions. You will be disappointed when/if you take it to a range and it gets hot and starts not to work as well.

I'd check out some YT links. I think Hickock45 has a pretty good review on the Henry AR-7
>>
>>29429955
>takedown Ruger 10/22

seriously?

>triple the size
>double the weight
>needs a separate carrying case
>no survival co-efficient which lowers your philosophy of use

horrible recommendation
>>
>>29429917
>magical combo rifle that can fire .22 and 20 gauge
>even if it did exist it wouldn't work
>fire a 20 gauge down the barrel
>fuck up the rifling
>can't fire .22 anymore

nice try nogunz faggot
>>
>>29429955
>>29431367
samefag 10/22 shill
>>
File: hooksabitweirdinnit.jpg (137 KB, 1171x540) Image search: [Google]
hooksabitweirdinnit.jpg
137 KB, 1171x540
>>29435775
>>
>>29436259
...that's a sickle on a rope. That's not even a fish hook.
>>
>>29436259

>soul purpose

lmao
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.