[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Group Therapy: Week Seven
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 21
File: gtw71.jpg (3 MB, 2432x4320) Image search: [Google]
gtw71.jpg
3 MB, 2432x4320
Hello /k/omrades! It's time once again for our weekly group therapy session.

Feel free to share any range stories, or LGS stories while we're at it, and don't forget to post some groups!
>>
File: gtw75.jpg (1 MB, 2432x3197) Image search: [Google]
gtw75.jpg
1 MB, 2432x3197
I'll get the ball rolling. Decided to see how I did while fatigued as fuck.

>be me
>be at work all day, most of night.
>get home, play a little vidya.
>fuck sleep, imma add untested element to range day.
>tired as fuck, up over 28 hours.
>get inna range, they havva class, half of range closed.
>fuck, oh well, here anyways
>proceed to wait an extra 90min, but it's OK because gal at the counter is qt, and staff is cool.
>qt carrying Dan Wesson 1911.
>do what I can to contain spaghetti and supress residual tism.
>finally get open lane, thank at.
>try pistol first, Ruger 9mm, usually shoot bretty good, but having trouble focusing because tiredasfuck.gif
>shoot for shit, at 10yds.
>this may have been a mistake
>needtopracticetiredmoreoften.fml
>Pic related is first pistol target. Fuck me right?
>finish initial experiment, put up torso target to practice some chest to head transitions.
>do mildly better but still way less than happy.

Cont....

Will post that target in a moment.

pic in OP was from part two of my range day, with a separate story. Info on it to follow soon.
>>
>hurr durr am I /Kay/ Yet??
>bretty good fug XD
>qt lol made me spaghetti
>lol tism
>muh vidya
>muh green text

Please kill yourself
>>
>>29312895
Sure thing bro, while I work on that, are you going to add anything meaningful to the thread, or can we expect to be treated to the best world class shitposting?
>>
>>29312895
>faces of autism

Where's your handler, kid?
>>
>>29312931
>adding meaning to a meaningless thread

Ok
>>
>>29312895

i was like you once.
>>
>>29312985
>and then I went to Reddit
>>
>Find out local gun store rents handguns to those under 21
>superboner.jpg
>haven't gone handgun shootan since...well winter break with my step dad but besides that its been a while
>grab my roommate and his girlfriend, and head on over
>he brings his .38
>grab a lane for myself, and rent a Glock 23, because no other choices
>Hand me the gun without a case
>"So do I put it in the case, or just bring it in like this?"
>"nah no need for a case"
>not used to that, range is pretty bro tier right now
>get out to my lane, get run down on new fangled range target touchscreen thing
>actually pretty cool, type in 20 feet, click go and it sends it etc etc
>load up magazine
>insert
>rack
>bang
>stovepipe
>shit, clear it
>bang
>another stove pipe, this time when I tried to clear it, the slide didn't go forward all the way, wouldn't seat the round properly
>grab range master, he extracts round
>top off magazine, try again
>rack
>bang
>stovepipe
>FUUUUUCK
>call over range master, extracts new round, tells me to wait a second
>brings over a little bottle of lube
>pulls slide off
>lubes gun a bit, puts slide back on and racks it a few times
>working perfectly now
>still not a huge fan of the way it feels in my hand or the trigger, but it shot decently well
>then the range target sender thing won't work
>won't come back to me so I can't change out targets
>figure a way to manipulate it by putting in 0 feet
>shoot 100 rounds, getting back into the feel of handguns
>it was a pretty alright day to be honest

My groupings were absolute and utter shit though. Old range master gave me some pointers afterwards, most of it I'd already heard but I do appreciate it. I attribute it mostly to anticipating recoil and not having shot in a fucklong time. Same thing happened over break with my step dad

Seems like a pretty awesome range with cool people, definitely going back there later. Prices were a bit high, but what can ya do?
>>
File: gtw73.jpg (2 MB, 2432x4320) Image search: [Google]
gtw73.jpg
2 MB, 2432x4320
These were the chest shots in my transition drill. Also at 10yds. I did better with the headshots. Still pissed I shot so shitty. I need to practice running on zero sleep more often.

>>29313048
That sounds like a pretty awesome range. Nothing quite that high-tech in my area. Sounds like the RO was pretty cool. They can be arrogant assholes at some ranges.
>>
>>29313112
Honestly I was a bit terrified he was going to ask me what I did to the gun to fuck it up, but he seemed pretty cool about it. Just a little odd they put it straight back after I shot it instead of cleaning it, but whatever

Also, that's why I didn't extract the round myself, mainly because I didn't want to fuck up a gun that wasn't mine, and have them shit down my neck

I'll put a pic of the groupings up in a second
>>
I practiced drawing and shooting for the first time a couple days ago

>Girlfriend bought an 12" AR500 steel gong at a local gunshow
>Take it home and hang it up in the yard
>Using an HK P2000 in an Aliengear IWB holster
I couldn't believe how different it was compared to shooting for groups on paper. I figured out some things i'll need to do when I draw, mostly involving my shirt. I also had a much better hit percentage compared to shooting paper, because I wasn't flinching or pushing.
>>
File: gtw74.jpg (2 MB, 2432x3397) Image search: [Google]
gtw74.jpg
2 MB, 2432x3397
This was the headshot portion.

>>29313140
I hear you there. I rented a pistol once at my local indoor range, I shoot there 1 to two times per week, staff is bro tier as fuck. This gun was brand fucking new, had just released about 3 days earlier.

Had a failure to go into battery with every other round, it got so bad a tap and rack wasn't fixing it, and it had just been cleaned. It jammed up and was totally fucked so I went and got the RO for similar reasons to your own. Didn't want to fuck up a pistol that wasn't my own.

Luckily they knew me well enough to know I didn't fuck up their gun, dude had to mortar the pistol on the edge of the bench to clear it. Turns out it was clipping the very edge of the brass with each chambering, and getting that clipping wedged between the round and the chamber.

They tossed out that ammo and gave me another box for free. Twas a good day all things considered.
>>
File: 22270452.jpg (69 KB, 626x460) Image search: [Google]
22270452.jpg
69 KB, 626x460
>>29312732
>be me
>be range safety officer
>some guy with a new gun comes out from the range with a nasty case of slide bite
>i chuckle n give him a band aid n some gripping pointers

>be me
>be rso
>guy shootin' his new revolver has a stance wider than hillary's gaping vagina
>guy next to him has some tacticool-gun-kata mallninja stance; a la Equilibrium
>chuckle to myself

>be me
>be rso
>guy brings in 9/10 qt gf with her ass hanging out of her shortshorts
>great view every time she fires

>be me
>be rso
>guy brings back rental gun in a lil tub with the mag ejected but the slide isnt locked
>standing in the tub pointed right at me
>pick it up to lock thw slide n a live round pops out
>mfw
>>
>>29313175
I haven't had a chance to do draws with live ammo yet out of my aliengear. How do you like yours? Which version did you get? I've only had my cloak tuck 3.0 about a week, and personally I find it comfy as fuck in comparison to other alternatives.
>>
>>29313229
That's always my fear with new ranges. I get that shooting is inherently a dangerous sport, but so many people who work at gun stores/ranges act like they know more than you, and it can get really annoying.

Albeit they normally do know more than me, but the condescending attitude gets old. Was at the range with my mom at an army base, and was shooting an AK. The chamber clear indicator they had was a yellow ribbon attached to a zip tie, and it got snapped off when I put it in the chamber (in hindsight probably fuckin stupid, and should've put in in the barrel or something considering how heavy the AKs bolt/carrier is). The guy next to us assumed I was the one who was on base and started being super fucking condescending to me and taking apart the AK (didn't work at the range by the way), and my mom chewed him out, it was actually fucking hilarious
>>
>>29313250

>has a stance wider than hillary's gaping vagina.

I thought I would get to keep my sides after laughing at your pic/job combo, but that fucking destroyed them.

Those are some great stories, and I'll bet you have seen some shit. The general public can be fucking morons.

The indoor range I go to has a double door system for entry. Plastered on both sides with ONE DOOR AT A TIME.They also remind each person before they go in.

I was shocked at how many times people opened both doors at once just during my wait. Counter gal said they can't even keep track of the number of times they have to shout DOOR at someone in a given day.
>>
>>29313263
It's a Cloak Tuck 3.0

I'm skinny as hell, so it rubs against my back a bit when I don't have an undershirt, and the P2000 is a bit of a large gun for someone like me to carry, but it's in nowhere near terrible. A new belt helped tremendously.

After drawing from it a few times, it doesn't feel like the sturdiest holster, but it isn't showing any wear, either. It's my first holster, so I don't have much to compare it against
>>
Part 2.

>finish shooting pistol, decide to check zero on freshly re-mounted rifle scope while I had the lane.
>Jesus H. Christopherson
>way the fuck off.
>make adjustments over a box of ammo.
>decide it needs a better confirmation due to being my go to rifle.
>must be able to trust life to rifle.
>buy some extra targets at checkout.
>proceed to drive to my private property 2 hours north of location to do a full distance zero check.
>going on 30 hours no sleep now
>the kube demands a sacrifice.
>proceed to check AR at a little over 100yds.
>results in my original pic related >>29312732
>still not perfect, but confirm workable until next weekend when I can fine tune fully rested.
>mfw 40 acres of land innawoods.

>>29313310
That's why I love my LGS/range. All the employees are bro tier, and they know me well enough to know that I know what I'm doing. Shit is better than cash, and makes the whole chore of going to the range a lot more enjoyable. No mandatory reading of the safety rules, no ammo checks, and the occasional round down on range time charge. Cool as fuck.

The first question that comes to mind is did you in any way ask him for help, or did this non-employee sperglord just come over and start trying to field strip another man's weapon? That would be a good way to get a pistol whipping arround my neck o' the woods.
>>
File: gtw72.jpg (1006 KB, 3441x2432) Image search: [Google]
gtw72.jpg
1006 KB, 3441x2432
Fuck, forgot pic. This was the first 3 shot group of my optic test. Way the fuck off.
>>
>>29313418
I had similar issues, however I am a bit on the office life side of fatass (Trying to fix that, bult slow going, anywho)

I found it felt a lot sturdier to me when wearing at the 3-4 o'clock area. I also tightened the fuck out of the screws for the belt loops. Still have only gotten to carry in it for a few days. I'm sure you have many more hours than I have at this point. I appreciate the info big time. Good to know yours isn't showing wear. I was a bit worried about that aspect in particular.
>>
>>29313627
Yeah, I've only lightly used mine. It held up to about twenty reholsterings, so there's that. Like I said, i'm tiny, so mine goes at about 5-5:30.

Even then, it's a $40 holster, so if it holds up for a year, it's done its job, and i'll be able to get something more expensive then.
>>
>>29313549
Okay i might've omitted a few details by accident. It was the ranges weapon (which is why i specified he didn't work there) and he seemed nice at first, and offered to help, which we both accepted (my moms not a combat MOS plus only has hunting rifles and has never held an AK before, so not the best at field stripping)
>>
>>29314265
Ok, that makes a little more sense. Would still be a tad annoying though, lol.
>>
Took this little fucker out this week. Left single, right double, 15yds.
>>
File: M38.jpg (581 KB, 1000x667) Image search: [Google]
M38.jpg
581 KB, 1000x667
>>29315040
Fuck.
>pic
>>
>>29315049
15yd or 15ft?
>>
>>29315139
Feet. My b.
>>
>>29315040
Nice, looks like a fun gun to shoot. I suck something aweful with revolvers. (Of course by my shots today I suck with everything)
>>
File: group therapy 3-19-16.jpg (2 MB, 3444x1900) Image search: [Google]
group therapy 3-19-16.jpg
2 MB, 3444x1900
Pic related was me today.
>rifle
16" .300blk with a barrel I turned myself from a Green Mountain stainless blank. Wearing a Leupold Mk4 1.5-5x20.
>shooting conditions
Covered outdoor range, so no wind. 45* and sunny. Shooting over a backpack from a wood table. All shots are with optic on 5x.
>Ammo
Sig Performance 220gr "subsonic" (13 of 80 rounds fired went super..this is known shit ammo despite being labelled "match")

From left to right are 100, 50, and 25 yards. Only the top 2 rounds are from the "zeroed" group, the rest were working in. The one round off by its lonesome I have no idea who fired but it wasn't me.
>>
>>29313250
Hello fellow RSOfag.

I feel you on all those points.
>be me
>be RSO
>old-guy regular brings is wife in to shoot
>they both shoot league with us in the rimfire division, both are meh/10
>she has a new purple-gripped LCR .38+P with Crimson Trace
>watching dat dot bounce all fucking over everything but the full-size FBI silhouette they have hung at 3 feet
>and bouncing
>and bouncing
>...is this bitch gonna shoot or not?
>BANG-ptingzzzzish
>sodium-vapor light directly above the firing line 4 lanes over shatters, new divot in concrete directly in front of firing line not 3 inches from her toes
>more bouncing
>and bouncing
>BANG-crackptingzzzish
>her target falls down because she cut the armor-protected cable by skipping one off the concrete stall wall (that ends 6" behind the firing line/2" behind where her hands should have been)
>ok this bitch is dangerous, time to intervene
>go over and ask them if she wants any help
>NO WE'RE OKAY I'M A RETIRED MARINE I KNOW HOW TO TEACH PEOPLE TO SHOOT
>well clearly not....
>3 or 4 more shots going zipping around the range (thankfully it was mostly empty), decide now is the time to get them off the range
>"hey sorry to say this but you've hit everything but the target, I think it's time to call it until you're a little more familiar with your new gun"
>she turns around, loaded gun still in hand, and starts gesticulating with both hands in a frustrated manner
>tactically backstep around the concrete divider wall
>WE'RE MEMBERS YOU CAN'T KICK US OUT WAAAAH BUT I'M A WO-BANG
>literally shot her earmuffs, unfortunately missed herself somehow
>they very quietly and rapidly unload the remaining rounds from the pistol and leave, leaving their range bag and a couple boxes of ammo behind
>counter guy says the old man tried to return the pistol as defective the next morning
>didn't even buy it through us

I have a love/hate relationship with the fact we're a low restriction range that caters to upper-middleclass retirees.
>>
>>29315234
ahh, was gunna say, holy fuck lol
still good at 15 ft.
>>
>>29312732
>At range
>Testing roommates 1911 with shitty tula ammo, he claims the sights are off
>Pop off four shots at 25yds
>3" group
>notfuckingbad.jpg
>Some older guy that was next to us steps over
>"Nice pattern! You a cop?"
>Wut?
>"No man, security guard"

Same day, shooting My AR at 100yds with irons.
>>
>>29315656
Shooting my friends rifle.
>>
File: GT2.jpg (579 KB, 667x1000) Image search: [Google]
GT2.jpg
579 KB, 667x1000
>>29315651
Thanks, I'm not a great shot, hah. Here's the full target, but I can never remember/tell which ones are mine and which ones are my gf's since we're both left handed.
>>
>>29315049
Nifty shit man, I love the pistol.
>>
>>29312732
>be yesterday at range
>with my bruv shooting a 9mm stag rifu and a M&P 45
>Middle aged business guy and maybe his daughter/sextoy start using the lane next to us
>Girl is a curly haired hippy with one of those carpet hippy coats
>This is how I die from a ND from a hippy bitch
>They both are horrible
>At 5 feet the guy was getting the same groupings that I was doing at 25 feet

TBC
>>
File: IMG_5920.png (1 MB, 750x1334) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5920.png
1 MB, 750x1334
went today. 25 yards standing with the AK. Slow fire.
>>
>>29316043
>10 minutes later
>2 teen looking guys and a girl take the lane next to hippy chick and fuckman
>After 5 minutes girl cant stand the sound of gunshoots and leaves the range
>I go to purchase some more .45 acp +P, 155 grain 9mm federal
>She gives me the fake Im innocent gibme attention smile when I leave the range
>I aint got no time for that if you aint a dominatrix
>Ignore the cute smile and get my ammo
>>
>>29315656
Was the 1911 shooting low for your roommate?
>>
>>29316071
He was shotgun patterning all over the middle of the target, I'll get the pictures in a bit. Are you alluding to flinching?

Funny thing, he was right, his sights were off. My 3" group was centered about 5" right and 6" high at 25yds

>Picture for now, 50yds standing, Dan Wesson shooting handloaded .38spl
>>
File: 100_1626.jpg (309 KB, 1383x778) Image search: [Google]
100_1626.jpg
309 KB, 1383x778
>>29316156
yeah alluding to what I experienced before I polished the trigger on my 1911 build, with a heavy ass trigger I was always pulling the shots down, way down.

Even now with the 1911 I notice some noodling of the front of the gun as soon as the trigger breaks and the hammer starts swinging, like the absence of the pressure of the trigger pull (after break) moves my point of aim momentarily.

Or it could even be the mass/friction of the hammer swinging for all I can tell.
>>
>>29316251
I'm not trying to be rude here, but that's called having shitty follow through.

>Roommates target at 25yds
>two 7rnd mags
>>
File: Only_Two_Groups.jpg (612 KB, 1594x897) Image search: [Google]
Only_Two_Groups.jpg
612 KB, 1594x897
Managed to squeeze a range trip in on St Patty's, but holy fuck, traffic on the way home (despite leaving early to avoid it) was fucking nightmareish.

Only shot two groups with match ammo, all my other time was spent shooting steel with PMC, and shooting my AR and my 10/22.
>>
File: Three-Quarter-Minute.jpg (508 KB, 1103x869) Image search: [Google]
Three-Quarter-Minute.jpg
508 KB, 1103x869
Decided to go for 200yd groups this time instead of 100yd to really see what was going on with the groups. I wanted to see if I would get any vertical stringing from temp increases as the barrel warms up, or if I would get some other sign of my needing to improve. Ended up with some even spread with no stringing. Here's a just under 3/4 MOA group.
>>
File: Half-Minute.jpg (452 KB, 1220x897) Image search: [Google]
Half-Minute.jpg
452 KB, 1220x897
And after getting my first group done and getting myself in the zone, I shot my second group. 1/2 MOA center of the target (I re-zeroed for 200 for the second group as the ballistic table you can see in the first pic was slightly off). I was very pleased to see that I could hold a 3/4 to 1/2 MOA group at 200. Next time I'm going to shoot five five-shot groups at 200 and five more at 300. Then I'm going to take all the federal GMM brass and start handloading!
>>
>>29316635
>>29316594
>>29316560

Nice anon, I am hoping to get some 200 Yard groups here soon with my M1a and Savage.
>>
>>29312895
Found the coolest kid at the lunch table
>>
>>29316043
what does ND mean?
>>
>>29317150
Negligent discharged, that or North Dakota.
>>
>>29317193
thanks, kept reading it as North Dakota, cause I live there.
>>
>>29317247
>I live there

Where in North Dakota?
I grew up in Wahpeton.
>>
>>29317264
fargo, pretty close to you. spend a lot of time in bismark though. I love ND.
you don't know of any public land I can shoot on or ranges that go past 100yd around here do you? I've been looking for a wile.
>>
File: CAM00850.jpg (1 MB, 1944x2592) Image search: [Google]
CAM00850.jpg
1 MB, 1944x2592
finally did something I'm actually somewhat proud of. the was 8 rounds from my ria GI 1911, at 7 yards.
I know it's not that great, but it's the best group I've ever shot.
story too
>take wife's kid with me, was picking him up to go to show, wanted to shoot.
>you mean your step son?
>no he's like 3 years older than me, so don't make it weird
>anyway, first he tries to say he doesnt want to do out paper work to shoot
>tell him he has to and it's one page, just do it
>get into range, set everything up, shoot a few rounds, tell him it's his turn
>starts looking all freaked
>load up 3 rounds, point him down range
>stands there for like 2 minutes
>too scared to shoot
>thinks gun is going to recoil and hit him in face
>take gun, show him how my 140lb skinny arms can control it just fine, load 1 round, try again
>still freaked
>eventually fires one round
>is happy because it hit paper
>doesn't want to shoot anymore

pretty odd, but he's an odd guy.
>>
>>29317935
>take wife's kid with me
>he's like 3 years older than me

Alright, start talking.

Also, the fuck is up with that group, that was at 21'? We need to talk about that. First tell us why you married a grandmother though.
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 4032x3024) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 4032x3024
Shot pic related at 10 yards with my Glock 19. I pushed the target back to 15 and my group expanded to the size of a basketball. Any tips on how to avoid jerking the trigger and ways tighten up the group at 15 yards?
>>
>>29318202
was at 8 yards, and because age is a number.
again, I know it's nothing special, but I've only put 600 or so rounds through it, and it's my first gun
>>
>>29315049
are you my roommate? Literally did the same thing last weekend, same gun.
>>
>>29318287
How old are you/her?

Describe a shot you take with that gun to me. Not what you should do, what you remember actually doing.

>>29318268
Sure, focus on follow through, you should be holding the trigger to the rear for a full breath after the gun goes off.

You should also be focusing on the front sight the whole shot, you should be able to tell someone where your shot hit based on where you remember seeing the sights when the gun fired.

You should also be dry firing 2x as much as you live fire minimum
>>
>>29318330
Are you a 5'8" 90lbs blonde chick? If so, what the fuck are you doing on /k/ rachel?
>>
>>29318451
sat here watching the f1 and dry firing.

I know I sometimes pull shots, or I flinch.
usually my eyes end up getting a little fatigued and the front sight starts to blur.
that's why I was so pleased with my last visit, I controlled the trigger, my flinching instinct and took my time if my vision started to blur.

25 and 47 BTW.
been together 7 years, and married a year and a half.
>>
>>29313048
if you ever get a gun, practice with snap caps. Then have a friend load ur mag and randomly put in any number of them to help u beat the flinch
>>
>>29319497
This guy speaks truth.
>>
>>29317935
>wife's kid
>3 years older
>don't make it weird

Weird.
>>
>>29319497
Done this before. Super embarrassing when you flinch like a bitch on a snap cap. It's a good motivator.
Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 21

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.