[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Whats /k/'s opinion on pot smoking and firearm ownership?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 6
File: call-of-duty-ghost-chron.jpg (140 KB, 630x420) Image search: [Google]
call-of-duty-ghost-chron.jpg
140 KB, 630x420
Whats /k/'s opinion on pot smoking and firearm ownership? Personally I don't have any issue with smoking, I smoked a lot in my younger years and besides the fact that I became a lazy piece of shit while smoking, I was no worse for wear. As I've gotten older though, I feel like the federal legislation on pot is way to punishing for me to ever risk being in a situation where I had to explain why I had THC in my system when I shot a home invader or other worst case scenarios.

My older brother has recently taken an interest to firearms and plans on getting a CCW soon. Today he told me how he went out and shot with some buddies and how he had so much fun smoking and shooting. I tried to explain my point of view to give him and share my perspective as to why it is risky and even dangerous to be smoking and shooting, or even having both guns and pot in your house at all. He ended up pulling the I'm of superior intelligence/experience because muh age: "lol dude cops around here dont care, No cop is ever going to bust me for having pot in my system if I have to fire. You're just paranoid."

Is he right? I feel like in the aftermath of a life or death scenario, even having pot in your bloodstream could be used against you in both criminal and civil court.

Thought /k/?
>>
>>29118981
The same I have with drinking and firearms ownership.
Absolutely none.
However I do have a problem with the people who tend to smoke pot.
I've known a good number (five, ten, plus the countless homeless people who've smoked pot that I knew) and I wouldn't want them fucking with firearms.
They tend to be extrem poor white trash, have problems controlling urges such as anger or not getting up and beating that guy who just looked at you funny senseless, and they also tend to be abrasive assholes.
In essence, it's not the item I dislike, it's the community surrounding it.
>>
It is a dumb idea to get high and play with weapons. You can forget things. You're more mistake and accident prone. Even very smart people will have absent minded fuckups when stoned. This is okay if you're playing scrabble or shitposting on the internet. It is very bad if you're at the range or practicing knife throwing technique.

It is also a violation of the constitution to confiscate the weapons of people who happen to have pot in their homes. Everyone who's ever confiscated a firearm from a non-violent drug offender should be sent to prison for ten years.
>>
My brother isnt really the violent type when he smokes, but he is pretty immature. He's the type of guy who thinks he knows everything because he looked it up on google, without any real basis to act pompous. Once he decides he knows the ins and outs of an issue, there isn't any other answer or point of view.

He is a single dad and has a lot to lose if shit really did go worst case scenario. The thought of him actively carrying and smoking is a terrible fucking idea to me
>>
>>29119068

>It is also a violation of the constitution to confiscate the weapons of people who happen to have pot in their homes. Everyone who's ever confiscated a firearm from a non-violent drug offender should be sent to prison for ten years.

I agree with this sentiment but I know people lose everything just for having a little pot in their system. I also feel like a thin gray line of circumstance falls between being high and self defense. I wish I could talk his deluded ass into seeing reason.
>>
ITT: People who think they know about the effects of THC but really don't.
>>
>>29118981
>Is he right? I feel like in the aftermath of a life or death scenario, even having pot in your bloodstream could be used against you in both criminal and civil court.

Oh and you're absolutely right about this part. But it could also be helpful. If there's a shooting accident, and the DA is Jewish, he might try to prosecute for murder or attempted murder. In this case proving intoxication can be exonerating enough to at least get the charge reduced to manslaughter.

When prosecuting a manslaughter case for a firearms accident, the prosecuter will use any evidence that drugs or alcohol was involved to show recklessness on the defendant's part. That will make the case, or at least make it worse.
>>
>>29119109
I've answers two of OPs' posts in this thread.
I have also been high and accidentally fired a shotgun through the roof of my house.

You aren't in some super secret pothead's club with special knowledge unavailable to the hoi poloi. Instead you sound like a self-righteous 19-25 year old.
>>
>>29118981
No drugs should be illegal, prostitution should be legal. No stamps for full auto or silencers. You can own nukes if you are rich enough. Stop policing morality. Bring america back to the golden age of a Minarchist society like our Founding Fathers intended.
>>
>>29119109

OP here, I absolutely know how it feels and I know that it doesn't make you become a enraged psychopath...but it could def lead to negligence.

Over the summer I brought a few grams home from vacation and I just felt dirty and paranoid having that shit in my house knowing I had a loaded firearms in the next room. While it was the first I had smoked in 10 years, I feel like it is retarded to even take the risk of someone smelling it wafting in the air close to my apartment. I just feel secure knowing that shit isnt anywhere near my property.

In contrast I go to my brother's house and you can smell that shit lingering on the air all the fucking time...you can smell it before you even walk up to his door. It just screams "FEEL FREE TO FUCK ME IN THE ASS" if anyone happens to catch wind of it.
>>
>>29119140
>I have also been high and accidentally fired a shotgun through the roof of my house.

its a shame you didnt fire it through the roof of your mouth fucking retard
>>
>>29119147

not sure what you trying to convey here. The reality is that it IS illegal and it can cause you to face felony charges if you end up in the wrong scenario. Nobody is taking a moral stance..more so a logical stance
>>
I wouldn't trust my ex with a gun if she was stoned. She fucking flooded her house having a bath.
>>
>>29119113

This is the absolute most terrifying part. In a world where rapists can counter sue their victims on a whim, what chance in hell do you have against a jury that is most likely middle-america conservatively minded examining the counter-evidence claiming "you were insance and rapid from the marijuana"

I feel like if you want to smoke pot go for it, but you basically give up the right to use a firearm in any real scenario without the possibility of destroying your life.
>>
>>29119185
>There's nothing wrong with smoking pot and playing with my nugget, Mom! God.
>>
>>29119232

Insane and rabid***

fucking phone.
>>
>>29119197
There is nothing logical about why pot is illegal. It only lines the pockets of drug court and benefit the prison-industrial conplex. Who cares about fucking up the lives of nonviolent and otherwise model citizen pot smokers. You'd make more money if it were legalized and taxed without screwing up lives.
>>
>>29119232
Most modern juries won't buy into a reefer madness narrative, but they will see your pot smoking as trashy and irresponsible. And then be much more likely to find you guilty on every charge the prosecutor levied. Because the state never charges you with just one count.
>>
I cleared, field-stripped, reassembled, and reloaded my carry gun one time by feeling alone when I was drunk and high in a hammock, just to see if I could.
>>
ITT: A bunch of L7 weenie's..

As long as you're a responsible adult who can handle their substances I see no problem with it.

Keep in mind that these same faggots preaching so much against it are the same ones who routinely post in ATF threads.

Now is that not calling the kettle black?

If you stoned/high/buzzin/ect.. just don't handle your firearm.

Treat your drug use the the military USED to treat faggots. Don't ask don't tell.

Crazy how in this day and age you can be a full blown faggot or a tranny and still get access to firearms, but you cant have a little pot now and then? that's bullshit.
>>
>>29119260

again...I literally have not said I think it SHOULD be illegal. I agree that federal legislation is fucking stupid but that doesnt change the fact that it can literally destroy your life if you decide to smoke and carry.

You essentially wave your right to a fair trial by having it in your system and will be labeled as a negligent criminal...NOT saying that is right, bit that is how our country operates. I feel like given current federal prohibition on pot, people need to think critically about where their priorities lie when it comes to smoking and owning firearms. It is an absolute risk everyday you have it in your home or property.

I wish it wasn't the case but it is. Shit a vet in Kansas lost custody of his child because he had pot in his system and a jaded neighbor tattled on him. What nightmare lies in store for someone smoking pot and killing a man in self defense?

source if anyone hasnt seen it:

http://www.denverpost.com/news/ci_29381231/kansas-holds-children-colorado-veteran-who-uses-medical
>>
File: 1445477398413.jpg (531 KB, 903x1219) Image search: [Google]
1445477398413.jpg
531 KB, 903x1219
>>29119233
nice projection faggot. you should either kys or sell your firearms if you cant be responsible with them.

>I swear I didn't do anything wrong! The debil's lettuce made me load shells in and pull the trigger!
>>
>>29119288

Of course it is bullshit, but why take the risk of smoking and carrying with all of the evidence pointing to the fact that you will fucked by the system when you most need to use a firearm?

I don't believe that "I'll cross that bridge when I come to it", or a lack of general caution is a valid excuse...especially for someone like my brother who stands to lose the custody of his children to his piece of shit insane ex-wife just because he wants to smoke and carry.
>>
File: 1415854192827.jpg (17 KB, 225x230) Image search: [Google]
1415854192827.jpg
17 KB, 225x230
>>29119288
>If you stoned/high/buzzin/ect.. just don't handle your firearm.
Pretty much, yeah.

In the US we have laws that allow the state to confiscate every peice of property you own and leave you destitute if you have an ounce of weed and a firearm under the same roof.

The people who enforce these laws should eventually be indicted on war crimes after the revolution.
>>
>>29119328
Get the fuck out of America. We don't need people like you.
>>
>>29119329
If you're this defensive about your own pot use at the range your judgement is already shit.

Don't get high and play with guns, son.
>>
>>29119405

LOL...have you even read what Ive posted? I was fucking agreeing with you, you cunt. I don't think the laws are right, but I think you need to be cautious and aware of the world around you. Stop and read the fucking words you troglodyte shithead.
>>
File: 1444898658818.jpg (70 KB, 400x600) Image search: [Google]
1444898658818.jpg
70 KB, 400x600
>>29119409
>pot use at the range
ive never been to a range, i go out in the woods behind my house to shoot because im not a cuck
>dont get high and play with guns
don't worry faggot, i don't 'play' with guns. mommy shouldve told you about that before you ND'd into your ceiling
>your judgement is shit
i think that only applies to you in this case, boy
>>
>>29119445
See you at the end of a gun during the revolution. Complacent fuckers and tyrants will get whats coming to them.
>>
Holy fuck dude, what is the average age group of this subreddit?
>>
File: 1456877138786.jpg (144 KB, 917x960) Image search: [Google]
1456877138786.jpg
144 KB, 917x960
>>
>>29119022
>have problems controlling urges such as anger or not getting up and beating that guy who just looked at you funny senseless, and they also tend to be abrasive assholes.
>In essence, it's not the item I dislike, it's the community surrounding it.

That doesn't sound like pot at all to me. Drunk people often often show a lot of hostility, stoned people generally do not. Are you sure they weren't actually taking any other drugs?

Also it's a little too easy to see pot as a drug only consumed by white trash, it is very common throughout society.
>>
File: 234287_4286078.jpg (174 KB, 1024x853) Image search: [Google]
234287_4286078.jpg
174 KB, 1024x853
>>29119502

>revolution
>>
>>29119541
get paid pupper
>>
>>29118981
I'd say smoking and shooting is on a par with drinking and driving. In fact, it's probably a bit worse - thhere's an auwful lot of work goes in to designing cars in such a way in that people don't die when the guy operating it makes a mistake, wherea with a gun the emphasis is on making sure the thing you fire it at gets damaged as much as possible.

That isn't specific to weed though. Drinking, abusing painkillers, or using any other type of intoxicant whilst shooting is an equally bad idea. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy a beer or three every now and again just as much as anyone else, but I wouldn't want to have to go to my friends house and explain to his wife that her husband is never coming home because I thought having a beer was more important than not accidently shooting him.
>>
>>29119659
I've never been drunk enough to shoot a friend. You have a huge inner jackass problem. Then again I've never had the brilliant idea of driving when drunk. Retards do retarded things and you can't blame it on booze.
>>
>>29119532
underrated
>>
>>29119500
So you're too young to drive yourself to a range. You get high off weed you buy from one of your friends in high school. Then you go out in the woods behind your house and shoot your dad's .22.

Okay, kid. Have fun. Don't shoot your own foot. Your folks will be pissed if they have to take you to the hospital.
>>
>>29119942
6/10 got me to reply
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.