[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Noguns here. /k/ I need adivce about pellet guns. My mum wont
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2
Noguns here. /k/ I need adivce about pellet guns. My mum wont let me have guns in the house, there are no shooting ranges in the city where I live and I wont have enough money to move out on my own for a few more years. However I really want to start learning how to shoot and I figured that a good way to do that would be to get a pellet/BB/airsoft gun to practice with until the day I'm able to get my hands on the real thing. According to my understanding pellet guns are better than BB or airsoft one because they kick when you fire them, although less powerfully than real ones.

What I need advice on is what rifle and pistol to buy. (I would like to learn how to shoot both) I've been advised to stay away from cheap, bargain stuff and I am willing to pay for quality. I reckon I can go as high as $400 Canadian, though if there's a gun out there for less that's just as good I would prefer that. Also it needs to have a muzzle velocity of less than 500FPS because I live in Canada and the law is that if the muzzle velocity is over 500FPS then its put in the same catagory as a real gun. So not only would I need a license to buy one but I wouldn't be able to take it into the woods near my house to practice.

As for pistols I was thinking of getting either an Umarex Peacemaker, a replica of the Colt Single Action Army, or the Tangfolio Witness, a replica of the Colt 1911. Even though they fire BBs insteal of pellets because I heard that the kick factor doesn't matter as much when it come to pistol practice. (though if someone can point me towards something that would be far better for practice I'd go for that instead) However when it comes to pellet rifles nothing has lept out at me as a strong canidate so I have no clue what to buy. I did see a Daisy 1938 Red Ryder BB Rifle but its a BB gun so I wasn't sure if it would be suitable for rifle practice.

Is there anyone out there who can suggest a good rifle and or pistol to me so I can start learning how to shoot?
>>
>>28418773
I'm going to guess this is stupid pasta and you should just kill yourself
>>
>>28418773

I thought maybe I should post links to the guns I'm talking about in my first post.

Ruger Air Hawk Elite Combo Pellet Rifle (the pellet rifle in my opening pic)

https://www.replicaairguns.ca/ruger-air-hawk-elite-combo-rifle

Umarex Peacemaker

https://www.replicaairguns.ca/colt-single-action-blued-peacemaker-army-co2-revolver

Tangfolio Witness

https://www.replicaairguns.ca/kwc-tanfoglio-witness-1911-a1-blowback-gun

Daisy 1938 Red Ryder BB Rifle

https://www.replicaairguns.ca/daisy-1938-red-ryder-bb-rifle
>>
>>28418816
I've had a trying day today man. If you don't feel like helping then please just go away
>>
4.2 ft lbs.

Jesus even in the faggy UK we get 12
>>
>>28418773
>I live in Canada and the law is that if the muzzle velocity is over 500FPS
Ur fooked m8.
>>
>>28418867
don't post an essay if you want help
>>
>>28418773
Take up Archery, it's more fun and less hassle with your mum.
>>
>>28418773
Underage plz go
>>
500 fps

lol my paintball markers will do that.
>>
>>28419077
>bringing a bow to a gunfight
Hawkeye, is that you?
>>
>>28418773
>500 fps

You are going to get shit accuracy past maybe 10 yards with that. Find something that can be converted to normal velocities, I'm thinking Daisy 880 and Crosman 1377. For pellets, Crosman Destroyers are generally the most accurate I've used.
>>
>>28418773

>pellet gun
>live with mommy

Nope.
>>
You live in Ontario, IIRC?

I've a Canadabro who lives there and as far as I, and he, are aware there isn't a 500 fps limit on pellet guns. Just airsoft.

Might be worth looking into.

I dunno what the current conversion rate of burgerbucks to syrupbucks is, but I think anything south of $100 that is a longarm is not worth your time or money. Red ryder excluded, because that's a BB gun and an entirely different class of compressed air raifu.

Pellet rifles are better than BB guns because they're closer to actual guns - they're more accurate, you can put scopes on them, they shoot at higher velocities etc. BB guns are typically unrifled.

If you want a pistol I would suggest the 1377 Classic because it's cheap and you don't have to be forever feeding it CO2 cartridges.
>>
>>28418773
>>28419407

I forgot, if you have to be stuck with neutered 500 fps, get something in a larger caliber like .25, it will have less wind drift.

If you have enough money, a Benjamin Discovery with a pump is a serious airgun, and is great for cheap practice even once you have real firearms. Plus it is built solidly to last for many decades.
>>
File: homersly3.jpg (25 KB, 375x375) Image search: [Google]
homersly3.jpg
25 KB, 375x375
>>28419477
>2008+7 AD
>making fun of someone for living with their parents
>>
>>28418823
All of them except the Ruger Air Hawk (not even made by Ruger) are shit, and there are much better options out there.

If you have the dough, a PCP air rifle from either Benjamin or Airforce is on the level of an actual firearm in terms of quality, and will have the best accuracy, as well as being able to fire multiple shots in a row.

The downside is they are expensive, and you will need to spend a while pumping up the tank before shooting. Airforce makes interchangeable tanks, so if you get a couple you can extend your shooting time greatly.

If you can't afford that, the Crosman 2100 and 1377 are a good and quite well made multi pump rifle and pistol, both extremely accurate for their price point. The Daisy 880 also has a reputation for accuracy, but new ones are flimsy and fall apart quickly.

The Crosman 1077 is basically the 2100 with a CO2 cartridge, giving you multiple follow up shots without pumping, but at the cost of the non refillable CO2 canisters.

I would advise looking up how to modify whatever you get to fire at full velocity, 500 fps really won't cut it.
>>
>>28419659
>Anonymous 01/03/16(Sun)20:57:58 No.28419659▶
>>
its alright anon, its alright.

listen, a good pellet gun in reasonable cost is a Browning Leverage air rifle. If I knew what city you were in I could maybe find a decent shooting range with no neckbeards and a decent renting program for you. Any the browning leverage airrifle is sold at Cabela stores in Canada, so its use full. Another one for you anon is a kinda low power (177 cal) but is good for your area and perfectly legal. Its a Stoeger 177 caliber X20 Hardwood air rifle going for 229.99.. If you want tacticool shit than I suggest a Crossman Tactical MSR77. Check the Cabellas site for more specs and FOR FUCKS SAKE CHECK YOUR STATES LEGAL REQUIREMENTS. You can get a fine for certain air rifles, so becareful anon.
>>
>>28420154
OP here. I live in Toronto. Several years ago the mayor David Miller shut down all the shooting ranges in the shoot because criminals and potential crazed gunman might use them to practice shooting. Thank you and >>28419746
>>28419601
>>28419509
>>28419407
For advice though. I think there's a shooting range up in Aurora, but that's 20 miles away and I don't have a car.
>>
>>28419659
>2015
>current year
kek'd
>>
>>28418773
Get a crosman Phantom. its .22 and shoots at 495 FPS. no scope tho
http://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B00BWL1DK2?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s01
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.