[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are the pros and cons of becoming a cop versus enlisting
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 162
Thread images: 13
File: swat-raid[1].jpg (2 MB, 3000x1937) Image search: [Google]
swat-raid[1].jpg
2 MB, 3000x1937
What are the pros and cons of becoming a cop versus enlisting in the military?

We often have military enlistment threads on /k/ but very few threads about police forces.
Are there any cops here? What's it like?
>>
>>28391680
I had a pretty big hangup on fingerprints, but the perks are pretty great. LEOSA is the best thing ever, especially going to atlantic city.
II hope you know somebody in the department or city hall. It's all who you know, and someone who knows someone will always get hired in front of you even when you've waited for a slot for two years.

Oh, and polygraphs are total horseshit. They're operator-determinant and readings aren't required to be articulate or justifiable (oh, we had a 200% spike at 716.3s, 0.7 after question 9). Fuck I hate doing polys, but it's even easier OT than court days and someone will always do it.
>>
>>28392240
How's daily life and routine as a cop? How about the training?
>It's all who you know
Even in smaller cities?
>polygraphs are total horseshit
Yeah, I know. Can you get in trouble because of one though, or are they too unreliable?
>>
>>28392006
I'd like to bump just as well.
>>
More honor in military
>>
>>28391680

Because Oink Oink.

187 on cops.

0311 representative, fuck the police, tryhard authoritarian pig shits.
>>
>>28391680
Pro: can be good pay. The job is exciting. Good retirement benefits.

Cons: people are stupid. It's a govt job and you work for dumb elected people. Shift work.
>>
>>28392363
>Even in smaller cities?
It's exponentially more in smaller cities. The more slots to fill the more unknowns to slip into them.
>Can you get in trouble because of one
Your job offer can be retracted, even if you sign the waiver refuting the poly. It's there to let command staff turn away undesirables.
>How's daily life and routine
7am to 5pm training officer, so it's pretty much nothing three days a week unless someone asks for assistance and no one responds available. Talk to kids at schools, ridealongs, officer friendly shit. If you want to talk to patrolmen you're better off going to r/protectandserve, if you can handle the circlejerk.
>How about the training?
The training is two classes a year, one for basic handgun qualification (go for a day, repeat until you pass) and one for police certification which functional retards will pass.
>>
>>28392622
Thank you for your service.
>>
>>28392607
Doesn't the military actually offer worse training when it comes to firearms than police departments though
>>
>>28392638

Thank you for hassling me, pig shit cop

AM I BEING DETAINED!?
>>
>>28392636
I'm more about "action" than what you're describing
>two classes a year
No PT requirements at all for any branch?
>>
>>28392636
pretty much >>28392628
If you ever find you're by far the smartest people in the room, you're either an asshole, need to find new company, or both. If you aren't retarded, have mommy issues, anger or alcohol problems, or military service, you're probably the smartest cop in the room.

When you're surrounded by less than intelligent people you tend not to learn as much as you should, making you yourself dumber in time.

>AM I BEING DETAINED!?
You have no idea how annoying it is to hear that unironically while at the same time being a valid question that is an important consideration for both parties which neither party appreciates as much as they should. You hate them for asking, then hate yourself for hating that.

>>28392677
>No PT requirements at all for any branch?
They talked about adding annuals, but the FOP shot that down. Our lodge representative is 350 to 400.

Except for SAT (swat) the only PT is part of the initial applicant exam, which is 1-3 years before you actually get hired/sworn in.
>>
>>28392728
>you're probably the smartest cop in the room
Isn't that a bit of a generalization? I find it hard to believe that cops are mostly dumb
>Except for SAT (swat)
How competitive is it?
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (102 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
102 KB, 1280x720
>>28392622
this
its a greenlight on you feds and oathbreakers
>>
Your upward mobility in both are impeded by the lack of a degree. In the police forces it is common for everyone to spend a year on the beat, but after that year the careers of degree holders take off and they make detective while the blue collar boys usually take longer. Meanwhile in the military an O1 has as much responsibility as an E5 and is paid more.

However the military gives you the option to get college. You can potentially leave the military with an associate's degree and then take your GI bill for those last two years at a state college. The police forces typically do not offer any such thing.
>>
Is it true you can enter the US police forces if you're not an American citizen?
I'm a foreigner (western Europe) and this interests me a lot. How would such a thing work - with a special visa or something along those lines?
>>
>>28392781
>Isn't that a bit of a generalization? I find it hard to believe that cops are mostly dumb
I'd tell you stories of dumb shit after dumb shit, but then you'd know my department. Not all cops are dumb, but the smart ones keep their head down and go state or federal ASAP.
>How competitive is it?
Considering who's on it I'd say not very, but I never applied. It's not worth being on call for the entire county 24/7 for free. They have an MRAP but no machineguns.

>>28392885
From what I've been told it's pretty hard to get an immigrant visa in the US. That said, while we require citizenship I can't say everyone does.
>>
>>28392648
Show me a police department that has a respectable shooting requirement.
>>
>>28392885
Depends on the department but you're going to need to be at a permanent resident.
>>
>>28392953
SENPAITACHI has extremely high standards
Depends on your definition of police department though
>>
>>28392962
>>28392949
Not the guy you replied to, but isn't hiro a sheriff or whatever? I don't think he's american
>>
>>28392964
>SENPAITACHI
I meant the Federal Air Marshall Service, for fuck's sake
>>
>>28392964
Any local police department. Look up your local police department's shooting requirements and tell us.
>>
>>28392977
Departments are complicated but elected law enforcement is a whole different ball game of complication.

>>28392987
>SENPAITACHI
>I meant the Federal Air Marshall Service, for fuck's sake
How the fuck did you get from A to B
>>
>>28393024
F.A.M.S. without the points gets wordfiltered
>>
>>28392987
http://www.federallawenforcement.org/air-marshal/air-marshal-training/

Requirements sound very easy to me.

>All trainees must be able to stand for at least one hour
>hold a handgun with arms extended for at least 24 seconds
>hold a handgun with both hands, arms extended at eye level, for at least 7 seconds

I can do all of that.
>>
>>28393060
From Wikipedia
>Because of the nature of their occupation, federal air marshals (SENPAITACHI) travel often. They must also train to be highly proficient marksmen. In the 1990s, air marshals were considered to have the highest firearms qualification standards of all United States federal law enforcement agencies. Currently, Federal Marshals still have the highest firearms qualifications of all federal law enforcement
>>
>>28391680

Well the main pro of being a cop seems to be some incredibly lax ROE.
>>
>>28393086
So what are these high standards? Nothing on their website is something a healthy person cannot do.
>>
File: ss+(2016-01-01+at+04.03.32).png (23 KB, 928x359) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2016-01-01+at+04.03.32).png
23 KB, 928x359
>>28393060
Entry requirements are NOT training standards.
>>
>>28393130
This is respectable. Most local police departments don't even come close.

A former NYPD cop talked about his shooting requirements on Joe Rogan's podcast. He said he was only required to shoot a human size target from a few feet away anywhere on the target and he only needed to land half the shots. Most police departments have similarly low standards.
>>
>>28393200
I'm pretty sure SWAT and federal agencies are much more serious though
>>
>>28393218
>SWAT

Haha no. Maybe in the biggest cities. Most SWAT teams are small town boys' clubs to spend federal grant money.

I saw the local SWAT "snipers" qualify at my club recently. Broke out their GAP rifles and put 5 rounds into a 2x2 target at 100 yards, unlimited time. The same cops also end up dead last at every single speed steel competition they show up at.
>>
>>28393218
We're talking about the average cops vs the average soldiers aren't we? I thought that's what this thread was about.
>>
File: glockj.jpg (564 KB, 522x584) Image search: [Google]
glockj.jpg
564 KB, 522x584
>>28391680
>shield
>no bright red cloth or paint
>not trying to present a distinct target on the shield

Not even trying
>>
>>28393246
I didn't know it was that bad

I maintain that federal agencies generally have higher standards and that some of them are extremely selective (FBI HRT)

>>28393262
Yeah I got carried away
Is the average soldier that much better than a well-trained cop (read: not a lazy fat fuck)?
>>
>>28393246
Are there any SWAT snipers that train to shoot long distance? Everything I see says that they focus on short distances like around 300 - 100 yards.
>>
>>28393278
>federal agencies

Maybe if your job is to insert the long dick of the DoJ into innocent assholes. The average FBI paper pusher is no better than the average cop.

I went to the range with a friend of mine who is a freshly minted FBI agent and they taught her to shoot with her ass extended way out and leaning forward at almost a 45 degree angle. Didn't help speed and accuracy though. Did I mention they gave her a full retard M4 even though she is purely a investigator?
>>
>>28393325
>>28393262
>>28393246
>>28393200
What federal agencies and police departments would you say have the highest standards or provide the best training?
>>
>>28393325
>Did I mention they gave her a full retard M4 even though she is purely a investigator?

lol sounds pretty sweet to me.
>>
>>28393278
>Is the average soldier that much better than a well-trained cop (read: not a lazy fat fuck)

yes. the standard m9 transition fire qualification table would make most cops shit themselves.

its a moot point really though. they're different types of shooting. Frankly, every time a cop DOESN't pull the trigger and manages to talk down a suspect to make an arrest he's doing his job a thousand times better than one who shoots perfect qual scores
>>
>>28393357

Not really, considering she took a 50% pay cut from her old job because of some delusional idealistic dream (think Sicario) of catching cheese pizza makers when all she does is lock up downloaders.

I asked her if the feds cracked Tor yet and she gave me a dirty look.
>>
>>28393363
>most cops
That's a pretty misleading statement anyway, because most cops don't train like they should
Basic infantry physical standards are a joke
>different types of shooting
What do you mean by that? AR vs handguns?
>>
>>28393363
I agree. Cops need more discipline when it comes to firearms.
>>
>be marine
>unit sends me to go act as an MP because mps are gay and no one wants to do that job so they're low on bodies
>yesterday: 90 year old man tries to run our Gate and get on base
>starts getting all belligerent and shit calling me a terrorist and saying he's here to kill people
>whatever dude
>breaks down crying "why don't you shoot me? Please kill me I want to die! I have the right to die in 90 years old and have cancer in my legs I don't want surgery I don't want to live like this please kill me!"
>suicide by cop, not on my watch.

Today
>show up to gate to relieve last night shift
>drunk marine fighting other MPs when I get there
> starts shouting "I fucked up! Oh God I'm so fucked! Kill me dude! Shoot me kill me! I can't go back to my command after this!"
>fights paramedics and firefighters

Wtf man
>>
>>28393396
>Basic infantry physical standards are a joke

How many police departments have higher standards?
>>
>>28391680

In my country's case you join the police if you actually want to see combat, our military is forever peacetime except for the occasional units send on UN missions or those occupying some favelas.

Regarding our regular patrol cops, the pay is shit, the shifts are shit, corruption is rampant, you catch a a lot of flak from the media and parts of the population. And worst of all, you are pretty much fighting a war in your own neighborhood, the people related to you are in extra danger just by being near and if you piss off the wrong people payback can be a bitch.

I'll try to join our investigative police after graduating from uni, it's much better, maybe if I'm in good enough I could join CORE and do some nice operatin
>>
>>28393388
Kek
>>
>>28393417
I can't believe I wanted to be a cop when I was a teenager. I used to think the shit on Cops was so cool. Now I hate people and don't want to leave my home.
>>
>>28393417
Worlds greatest Marine corps eh?
>>
Nobody answered OP's question

Which was pretty much "in which case should one enlist and in which case should one become a cop"
>>
>>28393462
Why the fuck are you here if you expect answers and rational discussion
>>
>>28393340
please respond
>>
Do you like shooting dogs and overreaching your little authority? Do you like defending your community through barely preventing anything and only taking after-action reports?

Become a cop.
>>
>>28393046
Hahaha what a riot
>>
>>28393246
>Most SWAT teams are small town boys' clubs to spend federal grant money.
ding ding ding
>>28393462
>in which case should one enlist
when you have exceeded your parents child rearing capabilities and can't get put through/put yourself through college or into a 50k+ job
>in which case should one become a cop
If your parents/uncle/friends dad/whomever can get you in, and you aren't likely to have a six-figure salary in your future.
>>
>>28393462
>OP presents two shit choices

The correct answer is neither.
>>
>>28393526
>>28393541
What if I just want to shoot guns, do something related to law enforcement/defense, and my family and college degree have nothing to do with it?
Is there a better alternative?
>>
>>28393460
Had some old geezer try to fight me one time for denying his unalienable right to just walk onto a DOD installation completely drunk with no ID. and a handful of other crazies. I'm not even doing cop work man I just stand at a gate and check IDs. Can't imagine what kind of bull shit a big city cop would have to put up with
>>
File: 1448852521368.jpg (7 KB, 212x238) Image search: [Google]
1448852521368.jpg
7 KB, 212x238
I feel like people respect active duty/ veteran military more than local cops. Imho senpai. Also check em
>>
>>28393550
>do something related to law enforcement/defense
>Is there a better alternative

Yeah, stop being stupid.
>>
>>28393286

They're not snipers, they're marksmen. Anyone calling himself a SWAT sniper should be punched in the face.
>>
>>28393503
This guy....Gets it
>>
>>28393594
>LEO and military careers are for stupid people
Okay
>>
>>28393575
Czeched that single.
Nice
>>
>>28393609
>career
>>
>>28391680

anyone else believe that these stupid assholes shouldnt have fun switches, suppressors or any other type of banned/regulated firearm? cops are civilians and should not have military equipment.
>>
>>28393667

no

civilians should just have all that shit too
>>
>>28393667
Some civilian departments need and should have military equipment
Also this >>28393679
>>
>>28393550
Life lesson: Money is everything and your opinion doesn't matter. Who you know matters, meaning your family ties and college degree matters.

Everyone wants to play with guns for a living, carrot glazer.

You could always try for a part time job at a gun store with a range, but this goes back to unless you know someone who knows the owner tough shit.
>>28393609
LEO and military careers are for people who had those options available but didn't have any better options.
>>28393667
Law Enforcement exceptions are the single biggest reason why gun controls pass. If they weren't allowed police unions would actually protect peoples rights.
>>
>>28393551
True. I try t be as courteous as I can to all the navy mps at the local naval air station when I go onboard because I know they deal with a lot of retards
>>
>>28393692
>but didn't have any better options

Usually because they are stupid.
>>
>>28393596
I'm not sure if they actually call themselves snipers, but I hear them called snipers by other people on TV all the time.
>>
File: 1427667099163.jpg (52 KB, 548x720) Image search: [Google]
1427667099163.jpg
52 KB, 548x720
>>28392789

Semper fly

>for a white guy
>>
>>28393716

The same media that calls all dogs pitbulls, all guns AR-15 or M16, AK-47, and Glocks?
>>
>>28393708
You said it not me.
>>
>>28393737

http://abcnews.go.com/US/court-oks-barring-high-iqs-cops/story?id=95836
>>
>>28393692
>for people who had those options available but didn't have any better options
So the FBI, CIA, NSA, and other components of DoD, DoE or DoJ are for people who had "no other options"? Same thing for army officers, DIA and special forces? Sure m8
Your run of the mill police department job might be easy to get, but you're clearly generalizing here, your statement is complete bullshit
>>
>>28393683
>Some civilian departments need and should have military equipment

Like which ones? Why exactly should Shitstain Alabama fund the maintenance costs of the local PD's MRAP?
>>
>>28393809
>which ones
Any "paramilitary" civilian depts
So basically those who need it, dummy
>>
>>28393830

And why are those paramilitary departments necessary?
>>
>>28391680
>cons of becoming a cop
jackbooted thugs doing the bidding of usurpers tyrants and enforcing unjust laws.
>just doin muh job
that is the crime.
>>
>>28392622
/thread
>>
>>28393844
muslims
>>
>>28393844
>hostage rescue teams are not necessary
>counterintelligence departments are not necessary
>protection of sensible government-owned sites is not necessary
also
>the fucking SAD is not necessary
>>
>>28393791
intelligence services are a whole different kettle of fish
>>
>>28393894
They're still LEO
And apart from intelligence services and police forces, there aren't any other types of law enforcement agencies

So what you mean is, "becoming a run-of-the-mill cop is stupid", not "any type of military or law enforcement related career is stupid"
>>
>>28393890
Al of those things should be handled by federal agencies. The discussions was clearly about local PDs.

>protection of government owned sites
Like what? Do you want your local PD to have MRAPs patrolling the streets around the state house or some shit? Nuclear facilities and other things like that are already under federal jurisdiction.
>>
>>28393890

"Departments" are generally considered police in this country, so pretty much none of that shit applies.

>the fucking SAD is not necessary

Considering their track record, probably not.
>>
>>28392622
So much this
>>
>>28393918

The eggheads are just stupid in a different way, i.e. actually believing that working for the government isn't absolutely disgusting and morally contemptible.
>>
>>28393933
>their track record
>implying you even know what they do at all
There's a reason why it's called a covert operation
>>
>>28393931
when bubba and jamal the meth dealers have full fun pkms armour might be necessary to be honest family. also they get those mraps discounted or free from the feds who would otherwise scrap them or sell them to sand niggers.
>>
>>28393962
>implying the misdeeds of the CIA haven't been blown wide open for all to see

They do the bidding of their politician masters. Duh.
>>
File: reaction pic (22).jpg (12 KB, 241x230) Image search: [Google]
reaction pic (22).jpg
12 KB, 241x230
>>28393984
>he unironically believes he knows that the most well-funded and influential intelligence agency in the world is up to
>>
File: 1424635300106.jpg (221 KB, 600x900) Image search: [Google]
1424635300106.jpg
221 KB, 600x900
>>28394011

Uncle Sam plz go.

Tell the NSA we good F4/\/\.
>>
>>28394011
>track record
>that means the past

Even the bits and pieces revealed by the press and other investigators paints a shitty picture.

And do you know more than what the media has covered? If not, how can you justify the existence of the SAD?
>>
>>28394055
Are you arguing just for the sake of arguing here, or do you really think that the SAD should not exist?
>>
>all these people saying becoming a cop is stupid

might be a relatively bad choice compared to other easier, more high paying careers, but it's fun, you get to learn useful skills and the benefits are great. You deal with bullshit a lot but every job is like that. Saying that becoming a police officer is for dumb people who couldn't "do anything else" is simply not true.
>>
>>28391680
Great job lot of benefits and a lot of action. Plus it does not just end with police.

FBI SWAT
SWAT
DEA
SS CID
US MARSHALS
BORDER PATROL

and all of these have special detachments which do big work. You will hear a lot of BS from infantrymen here who enjoy shooting at sand but in reality if you want actual CQC aim for SWAT. Theres a reason delta took a lot of tactics from LA SWAT. Also theres a show that put SWAT against other SOF and they blew em all out.
>>
File: WhereTheWacoAt.jpg (742 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
WhereTheWacoAt.jpg
742 KB, 1920x1080
>>28391680
You get to play with lots of ex-mil toys all at the expense of Homeland Security.

Pic related: coming to a department near you.
>>
>>28394138

Dumbass fucking C student cop detected.
>>
>>28394149
However you can do what I do and go specialized police in the military

Airforce has programs like RAVEN DAGRE etc

even ARMY MARINES have cool ones

And the COASTIE has a GOAT anti drug team and counter bio terror police system established.

Just google "Military SWAT" Theres a whole site on it.
>>
>>28394165
Nah not in a million years cops need MRAPs and shit if their ever is an active shooter or multiple shooter scenario. Multiple shooters in different areas and the police dept. lacks some sort of armor and everyone is fucked.
>>
>>28394167
Being a cop is not easy. The people who insult police either have:
1.) Been arrested (trash)
2.) edge teens (trash)
3.) libertarians (trash)

its the truth cops dont wanna make your life tough quit being an edge lord and follow the rules or leave.
>>
>>28394176
>>28394186

On a scale from 1 to 12, how 12 years old are you?

Delete your trip.
>>
>>28394205
You're not making sense the only people who hate police are 12 or mike brown lovers. stay jelly man cops got a good 401k and the uniform makes bitches melt. stay mad.
>>
>>28394198
>cops dont wanna make your life tough
bullshit. they're just looking for excuses to get some overtime. most are power tripping superiority complex assholes. enforcing unjust laws. stomping freedom and personal liberties on a daily basis. if you actually believe in and support the war on drugs then you are the true criminal, not the guys smoking weed in their garage or taking a few percocet on sunday afternoon for "recreational use"
>>
>>28394198

Kek.

Thankins for the bacons pig.

I don't live in a big nigger city. Cops are mostly a nuisance and unnecessary.

I'm facepalming because you will never realise how lame you are.
>>
>>28393974
But they don't have full fun pkms dumbass

>also if youblegalize drugs Jamal loses his financial incentive to sell
>>
>thinking your career defines you as a person
>thinking that there's any pride to have in doing something "intellectual" over something "blue collar"
>thinking it's actually a bad career move to become a cop or get a gov job considering all the benefits
>thinking being an LEO is bad when it's much more exciting and much less boring and repetitive than 95% of office jobs

Pretty disappointing of you anon
>>
>>28394242
I do support the war on drugs my job is going to be to combat it actually haha. As for rec. use there are huge dependency factors to even pot. I have buds who refuse to take a higher paying job because it would mean no more smoking. The rec user is as bad as the supplier because they are keeping em in business. If you think its harmless look into portugal they legalized everything and the murder homicide and robbery rates EXPLODED. Quit smoking and grow up man serious.

>>28394244
>lame
>facepalming
Yeahhhhhh you are a nerd who wants to be cool and not wear a seatbelt calling yourself a rebel. Drive safe now son.
>>
>>28394244
And not everyone lives in a shit hole no one gives a fuck about lol. Quit fucking your cousin and making meth and we wont have to come around.
>>
>>28394242
And I could easily say that half the military are mentally-ill and looking for a green light to legally take the lives of others.

Both what you and I said carry no weight, because it's all just an ignorant point of view. There is good law enforcement in the world, if you haven't met any yet, you may be the problem.
>>
>>28394297
>my job is going to be to stop it
So you're 19 at the oldest
>my buds won't stop smoking to get a better job
So you're friends can't stay clean for 3 weeks to pass a piss test? Guess you're a dumbass for being their friend.
>drive safe now son
You're underageb&
>>
>>28394293
I made 70k my first year after overtime, but my department pays way the fuck more than state average. I haven't made less than 90k since; my COL is about 20k.

If you have the option to have a real job, take it.

>>28394244
I'm glad you think we're unnecessary, it just shows how little you know of the goings-on in your city.
>>
>>28394359
Lol haha ok bud what is your yearly salary and do you even have a 401k or do you post on here to justify your loser life and lack of a substance career. and its a military position im gunning for a step up if you will.
>>
>>28394297
>homicide and robbery rates EXPLODED
Correlation does not imply causation.
>>
>>28391680
Crazy how these threads always bring out the most ignorant little losers its sad and pitiful to see people who offer nothing have so much to say and are so easily manipulated by friends and media. Its sad really. Back to studying for me gotta contribute in this life so i dont end up like them
>>
>>28394297
>>28394323

Lame ass comebacks, even for 4chan.

You are a lousy trip, some bootlicking deputy dog who thinks his status as a cop should award him merit.

Ive seen more shit overseas than you ever will. No one cares. If they didn't see it on reality TV it didn't happen.

Anyway get a life. I've moved on, or are you still a pathetic beat cop who wants his ass kissed?
>>
>>28394380
I run fiber optic cables to and in buildings and make just under 100k a year. You're not even in the military yet and youre shit talking? I've been trolled if you legit think working in a govt job is good. You're a commie or a troll.
>>
>>28394360

>goings on in my city
>city

Lel.
>>
File: veinygoodness.jpg (204 KB, 698x960) Image search: [Google]
veinygoodness.jpg
204 KB, 698x960
>>
File: 1451008836686.jpg (2 MB, 2100x1400) Image search: [Google]
1451008836686.jpg
2 MB, 2100x1400
>>28394399
Take it easy brother.
>>
>>28394399
>>28394380
>>28394323
>>28394297
>>28394216
>>28394198
>>28394186
>>28394176
>>28394149
I hear you brother, no one else understands what its like being a cop except us. I mean we aren't cops yet but we will be. Stay strong brother. Temper Fy (Marine Corps motto) hooah
>>
>>28394514

Cringe
>>
>>28393396
Basic Infantry Standards are not a joke at all. Most units go on 15k humps every week, and pt every day. If you get even a 2nd class PFT while in the marines your NCOs will fucking destroy you.
>>
>>28394258
but they do faggot.

http://abcnews.go.com/WNT/video/dash-cam-video-ak-47-shootout-19110754
>>
>>28394603
>this

exactly try getting under a 270 in a combat arms unit in the 82nd.
>>
>>28394297
>>28394397
>If you think its harmless look into portugal they legalized everything and the murder homicide and robbery rates EXPLODED

Not even remotely true. Moreover, the drug use rate halved since decriminalization. That alone wrecks the standard drug warrior propaganda.
>>
Are there even elite teams in civilian departments excluding the CIA and contractors?
Or do they send the military every time they need actual operators?
>>
>>28394619
Umm a wasr isn't a full fun pkm
>>
>>28394800
>weapon in vid wasn't the exact model referenced
>point is somehow invalid

try again tripcancer
>>
File: 139483627938.png (563 KB, 569x802) Image search: [Google]
139483627938.png
563 KB, 569x802
>>28394698
>elite teams
>>
>>28393742
amazing
>>
>>28392964
>SENPAITACHI
What
>>
>>28394698
SWAT teams generally consist of 6 to 12 of the fittest men on the department and one fatass (although he's usually just used on VICE raids for breaching). All with varying levels of skill and training.
>>
>>28395273
see >>28393024 >>28393046
>>
>>28395102
A semi auto rifle isn't full fun. Dumbass
>>
>>28394011
read this book and you'll understand why that is the correct opinion

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Legacy_of_Ashes_(book)
>>
>>28394071
>I am enthralled by the mystique of violence so I must defend the CIA/SAD
>>
>>28395102

lol you go from saying full auto 7.62x54 PKM (ya fucking right one of those would be over here in jamal's hands), someone points out it was obviously a wasr or some other cheap shit semi 7.62x39 rifle and youre calling someone else cancer.
>>
>>28391680

i know one day there will be a day where we have cops using remote controlled crows nest turrets on top of the MRAPs with at least 7.62 machine gun strapped into it for "their safety"
>>
>>28393325
Is she qt?
>>
File: image.gif (603 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
603 KB, 320x240
This entire thread has given me cancer.
>>
You can watch all the child porn you want in the evidence room and not get arrested
>>
>>28391680
Why do they wear kneepads on their shins?
Serious
>>
>>28399741
And why are their handguns bright blue?
>>
>>28391680

Being a cop: training sucks, pay sucks, job sucks, most people don't like you, not much free shit, promotions take forever, get shot by dindus. At least you will probably never get another ticket and shooting life is a bit easier because discounts on guns ammo and range time.

Being in the military: training better, pay a bit better, free lodging and food, better pension, most people think you're a hero mr army man thank you for ur service, promotions faster than police life, can always be a cop after mil service. Cons are you're probably deployed, move away from friends and family, get shot by towel heads.
>>
>>28395291
I meant, are there any civilian teams that are actually on the same level as SOF units?
>>
>>28399871
How does the training differ between the army and police (local PD or federal agency)?
Obviously army PT is more demanding, but does the police learn different types of skills than infantry? I suppose they do
>>
>>28399874
HRT and LAPD SWAT
>>
>>28399959
>LAPD SWAT
Is this a joke?
>>
>>28399866
Training weapons. Means blanks/air soft. And God help the armorer if they fuck up and let live ammo into a training scenario.
>>
>>28399891
Bump for this
>>
>>28393424
Are you by chance a white Canadian living on or near a reservation? Because this perfectly describes police working on a reserve or in a community near one
>>
>>28399959

You're right about HRT/SOF, they're really good at killing children.
>>
>>28393113
Which can change ex post facto if the media demands a sacrificial goat. Then you get hauled into court, where a beach umbrella is rammed up your ass and opened.

Eventually you're exonerated, the media has a fit, and the riots begin. Lather, rinse, etc.
>>
>>28393246
>The same cops also end up dead last at every single speed steel competition they show up at.

I'm okay with this. I don't like the idea of cops who are quick on the trigger.
>>
>>28393262
It's sort of an apples/oranges comparison. LE is theoretically supposed to be keeping the peace. Mil is for killing people and loudly breaking things. LE training subtracts from time on the street. Mil training is what happens virtually any time the member isn't actively in a firefight.

Also keep in mind that range time isn't the only kind of training that either job does.
>>
>>28402842

So am I, it's just amusing when politicians and police chiefs talk about how only trained cops should have guns.
Thread replies: 162
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.