[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
glock holsters
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4
File: 144587_ts.jpg (107 KB, 1154x1154) Image search: [Google]
144587_ts.jpg
107 KB, 1154x1154
Got my first sidearm as a christmas gift. (glock 22)

Im going to be taking my ccw class soon and am trying to find a holster for it.
As im quite new to handguns i have a few questions.
I dont see much love for shoulder holsters here, whats the reason?
Can anyone recommend a good holster for a g22 for an average built male?
(im 6ft3in and 200lbsjust over 200lbs)

And lastly post your glocks and holsters

Thanks in advance
>>
>>28345943

Shoulder holsters are pretty niche, you have to be wearing a jacket and they are bulky. Comfy tho.

IWB:

Order an INCOG or Raven vanguard for appendix carry, Stealthgear for on/behind the hip.

OWB:

Raven phantom for kydex, galco for leather. bravo concealment seems well reviewed too.

There are other options but these will not disappoint.
>>
Not to derail your thread,
But can anyone suggest a pistol for a fairly newbie. Ihave a bit Experience for a newbie. Guns are expensive here so if I buy one I have to use it for long.
Is glock 19 gen 4 any food?
Ah and I prefer 9mm
>>
>>28345943

So you probably haven't thought about this yet, but if you get a holster that goes on your belt, which I recommend, make sure you have a good, stiff belt. Emphasis on stiff. Stiff as a corpse. That distributes the weight across your hips, and makes it so the belt rests on your hips instead of digging into it. You also don't have to have your belt as tight because of this.

Anyway, you'll probably have a few holsters for different modes of dress. A decent owb paddle holster and a decent iwb tuckable holster, for example. I use a N82 tactical iwb holster, it's ok but I'd recommend something with 2 points of contact with your belt. I've heard good things about galco supertuck holsters.
>>
>>28346004

Glock 19 is a good starter pistol yeah
>>
>>28346004

I have a Glock 19 gen 4 and it is a totally adequate pistol, and cc's just fine.
>>
>>28346069
>>28346077
Great. Thanks
Will cost me 3,200$ with tax
Hope its worth it.
>>
File: fuck outta here.jpg (17 KB, 306x306) Image search: [Google]
fuck outta here.jpg
17 KB, 306x306
>>28345943

>average built male

> 6ft3in 200 lbs

nigger that's well above average

hell that's close to what most people consider really fucking tall
>>
>>28345943
Shoulder holsters don't work for as wide a variety as a belt holster. They are a fairly bulky setup.

Additionally, they require you to reach across your body in a crossdraw motion, which isn't so great for close quarter self defense.

I've got an IWB Crossbreed and it has held up pretty well for CC. I recommend getting a stiffer belt to wear most of the time, though to be honest, sometimes I'm a bit lax and just wear a Wal-Mart tier leather belt and I'm still able to draw.

Big suggestion would be to practice (unloaded of course) draws from whatever holster you end up using while wearing your average street clothes. Don't cheat and dress down to make it easier.
>>
File: dafuqamireading.jpg (65 KB, 339x589) Image search: [Google]
dafuqamireading.jpg
65 KB, 339x589
>>28346106

where the fuck do you live
>>
>>28346108
Manlet confirmed
>>
File: average height.png (30 KB, 561x406) Image search: [Google]
average height.png
30 KB, 561x406
>>28346108
>>28346182

Maybe where you're from (I know some Nordic countries have an average height of like, 6'2) but in America 6'3 is pretty fucking tall.
>>
>>28345988

You can wear a shoulder holster under the shirt too. Done it plenty of times with my G26 and have had no problems. Just make sure the holster is angled right for such carry. It also depends on your body type and how you dress too.
>>
>>28346351

This includes just a tshirt....no coat or any thing.
>>
>>28346004
Are you really this incapable of googling?
>>
>>28346106

Oh man... as much as I like my Glock 19 I don't know if I'd still like it if it cost 6 times the price I paid for it, though I guess if all other guns scaled evenly in price it would still be a good buy.
>>
>>28346268
>(I know some Nordic countries have an average height of like, 6'2)

Heck no. The highest average is the Netherland (excluding the dynaric sumfin alps which is just a region of Bosnia or something) and it's 6' and it's already a lot (182cm) for an average
>>
>>28346410

Still, that's a decent difference in average height and what I was mainly pointing out is that 6'3 in the US is almost fuckhuge.
>>
>>28346056
Op here...
So like a really stiff leathet belt? I can kinda understand what you mean, the added weight on that part of the belt can make it sag?

>>28346108
How so? 6ft is about average for a male...any shorter and you handicap your ability to get pus

>>28346268
I should elaborate. Im english so maybe europeans are just taller?

I wear long coats alot thats why i was thinking about a shoulder holster
>>
>>28345943

Take it from a guy with a box full of holsters,

In the Pants holster - Alien Gear

Outside the pants - Blackhawk Serpa
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.