[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Good starter gun for a britbong?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3
File: 1103.jpg (27 KB, 825x195) Image search: [Google]
1103.jpg
27 KB, 825x195
Hey, britbong here looking for their first gun. I intend to go hunting rabbits, maybe stalking deer, and home defence.

I know that the law here outlaws automatics and centre fire semis among other things. I have narrowed it down to a bolt action rifle or a semi auto rifle. I don't want a shotgun since they're limited to 3 shell magazines here (iirc).

Any ideas?
>>
Ruger 10/22.
>>
>home defense
You cant even defend yourself with your fists, why even contemplate a gun.
>>
>>30669140
Don't give a fuck if I get arrested provided the bloke going after me and my family is dead or in critical condition if they try.

>>30669138
I looked at this. Are you sure I could kill a deer with it if I miss the head?
>>
>>30669152
No, but it's the best rimfire semi auto you can get, and centerfire is ludicrous overkill for rabbits.
>>
>>30669192
Can't get centrefire semis anyway. Would a 10/22 be enough to repel a home invader?
>>
>>30669152
Sure, get arrested and then lose all of your material posessions, be framed as a murderer, and lose all credibility as a person and work fast food for the rest of your life.
>>
>>30669208
Getting a banana mag of .22lr dumped into them is going to ruin anybody's day.
>>
>>30669152
>I looked at this. Are you sure I could kill a deer with it if I miss the head?

hoo boy

im gonna tell you, cuz im a nice guy, but you dont shoot deer in the head, you put one in the body

if you want to shoot deer dont uses a .22, get a 308 bolt action or something, or a pump shotgun

and since you have to be in a cucked country, make sure they're pretty
>>
>>30669218
If they're dead and my family is safe that is a sacrifice.

Besides, 90% of people scatter the moment a gun goes off.
>>
>>30669225
What I read is that you're supposed to go for the head. I'm new so I don't have a clue regardless.

I was looking into a .303 Enfield too, but I am not sure if it is worth it since they're bolt action.

>>30669221
Alright, all I needed to hear.
>>
>>30669218

Don't derail the thread just because you can't contain your /pol/ bullshit you retard.

You know how rare it is to get a UK thread without all the bashing?
>>
>>30669129
Well for rabbits, squirrels and such a Ruger 10/22 like pictured; though I prefer models without the barrel band for my aesthetics tastes, and since you live in Britain, rust is an issue so I'd say get it stainless steel variant...but when it comes to deer, you definitely want something bigger

Can you even get 30-30 lever actions in Britain? or is that an assault weapon?
>>
>>30669221
Can Brits even have higher capacity mags for rimfire?

What are the gun laws of Britain?

Can you have any kind of rimfire capacity rifle or pistol?

It's just centerfires in semi auto that are banned

I assume shotguns are legal capacity issues pump and semi?
>>
File: image.jpg (171 KB, 810x493) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
171 KB, 810x493
>>30669129

I know your country sucks dick for gun laws but I assume that if you join a gun club, you should be able to receive the permits for a top break single shot shotgun. If you could only have one gun, a shotgun is the most versatile you could own in your situation.
>>
File: uk.50.jpg (411 KB, 1037x778) Image search: [Google]
uk.50.jpg
411 KB, 1037x778
>>30669828
>Can you even get 30-30 lever actions in Britain?
You can get more than you think.
>>
>>30669872

He said Britain, as in, England you dope. Not the Irish.
>>
>>30669895
What? .50 bolt-action rifles are legal in England as well.
>>
>>30669895
I suggest you check out that website before talking shit.
>>
http://www.rifleman.org.uk/Enfield_Rifle_No.4T.html

one of these, it's not overkill and will be good to get the fundamentals. It's what they taught us on when we were in cadets
>>
>>30670357
>Enfield
>cadets

Are you 70?
>>
>>30669862
There's no limit apparently
>>
Can't you get a 12 ft lbs air rifle for rabbits and then a proper rifle for deer? Hunting with such air rifle is a great way to improve your marksmanship, since you'll have to get good shoot placement for a clean kill.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.