[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
EMS body armor
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 81
Thread images: 14
Due to recent events our Ambulance company has been given county grant money to purchase body armor for all personnel.

They bought these hideous bullet proof vests that don't accept plates (other than those small "heart saver" plates that fit in the middle of your chest, definitely not sapi plates.)

Our chief has authorized anyone who owns their own body armor can bring it to work if they are more comfortable with it.

Please help me design something that isn't hideous and helps me look like the high speed medical operator I really am inside.
>>
>>30667691
Is there any requirement to conceal it?
>>
File: CBA_EMS_Carrier_Front[1].jpg (115 KB, 503x600) Image search: [Google]
CBA_EMS_Carrier_Front[1].jpg
115 KB, 503x600
>>30667691

This is the shit they bought.

The only rule for our private plate carriers is that they must be white, navy blue, or black.
>>
>>30667703

No, must wear on the outside of the uniform and must have a panel identifying me as EMS or RESCUE.
>>
>>30667704
I dunno man, I think those look pretty cute
>>
>>30667711

Y-you too.........
>>
>>30667711

Too powder puff for my style.
>>
>>30667691
Anti stab armor would be lighter, thinner and more useful for paramedics
>>
File: shot%20police%20car[1].jpg (39 KB, 660x371) Image search: [Google]
shot%20police%20car[1].jpg
39 KB, 660x371
>>30667785

They aren't stabbing, they are shooting.
>>
ITT emt's thinking they're operators because cops are getting killed
>>
>>30667937
ITT EMTs looking for protection and you're being autistic.
>>
>>30667806
>posts photo of cop car riddled with bullets and not an ambulance
Are you that dumb or just couldn't find any to help back up your operator fantasy?
>>30668011
Says the autist wanting to play dress up at work. Just deal with nana'a Life Alert going off
>>
>>30668011

yep he is totally correct

there is no way anyone in a dangerous profession with high stress and second to second decision making needs any form of protection because they are just playing pretend counter terrorizer
>>
>>30667704
That looks neat af tho senpai
>>
>>30668092
Israeli ambulance crews have been wearing protective vests for years.
>>
>>30667937
> implying the guy wasnt kidding about operating since he is on /k/
> implying you aren't too autistic and detached from the analog nightmare to realise that
>>
>>30668092
I mean if you think about it, they are actually playing anti-muslim roles. Medics try to make people alive, muslims try to make people not alive. They're polar opposites.
>>
ITT- people who havent been in medical professions.

emts get called in on junkies and nutjobs all the fucking time. While i think stab armor would be more ideal, i get the desire for ballistic protection
>>
>>30667704
Super cute OP. You're an emt, not a badass just accept it.

OMG put glitter and shit on it
>>
>>30668298
>They bought these hideous bullet proof vests that don't accept plates (other than those small "heart saver" plates that fit in the middle of your chest, definitely not sapi plates.
there's a reason he isn't pleased with the current vests, retard.
>>
File: ambulance.jpg (3 MB, 2560x1920) Image search: [Google]
ambulance.jpg
3 MB, 2560x1920
>>30668038
there you go, bullet hole is on the right side of the left window.
>>
>>30667691
Black Shellback Banshee, Level IV plates, done.
>>
>>30667704
do you have plates op? i'd rather wear soft armor myself unless i knew there would be some 7.62 ap coming my way. cheap and dirty take that robin's egg blue vest, pull the armor out and put it in a low drag vest.
apex had some south american police carriers they were selling cheap, none seem to be available currently, but they show up from time to time. you'd be looking at $40 or $50 to do a panel switch out right now.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Armour-Plate-Carrier-Vest-Camel-Green-Size-Medium-Made-in-USA-/401150246658?

if you're not concerned about weight or expense you could get pretty much anything that appeals to you.
>>
File: 1438615122328.jpg (210 KB, 520x678) Image search: [Google]
1438615122328.jpg
210 KB, 520x678
>>30667691
>that don't accept plates (other than those small "heart saver" plates that fit in the middle of your chest, definitely not sapi plates.)
is your hood infested with ak-toting jihadists or why do you want to put armor plates designed against high velocity rifle rounds into an EMS body armor setup?
>>
>>30667937
>trusting frenzied protestors to differentiate between cops and anyone else in a car with flashy lights
firefighters and medics have been targeted for fucking ever
>>
>>30668567
I was also wondering this. So far I haven't heard of any attacks on ems, they save lives.
>>
>>30668535

I stole my ESAPI plates from the Army.
>>
>>30668613
I remember some firefighters were ambushed in AZ some time ago.

Never. Ever. Underestimate the sheer stupidity of niggers.
Remember in furgeson when that nig was running around slashing holes in firehoses so they couldn't put out fires?

We lived in a fucked up world and I think it's a good idea for OP to have some protection.
>>
File: armedemtshootsman.png (78 KB, 859x823) Image search: [Google]
armedemtshootsman.png
78 KB, 859x823
>>30668567

See

>>30668322

also pic related
>>
>>30668613
>medics trying to save a guy gang members tried to kill get shot at
>suicidal assholes who want to take a few people with them because it's the hip and happenin thing to do
>violent assholes try to kill first responders after they shoot it up/bomb it/drive a truck through it
>violent idiots who see a blue uniform and go full retard because COPS REEEEE
>>
>>30668637
those are a lot of extra weight to carry and give you less coverage than that it's a boy! vest but if you are expecting ap out of mosins that's your best bet. what are some things you'd like in a plate carrier? cost? stitching? straps? pockets?

https://www.botach.com/lancer-tactical-ca-315-slick-plate-carrier-w-side-plate-dual-magazine-compartment/
>>
>>30668661
>no mention of a rifle being used anywhere
again:
why do you feel the need to slug around pounds of armor plates that you will probably never use for their intended role, which stopping rifle rounds, anyway

this isn't about your overall chances of getting shot
it's about your chances of getting shot with a high powered rifle compared to a lol9mm/fuddyfive handgun

get soft armor dude, it will cover the large majority of possible incidents while not bogging you down as much in terms of weight
>>
>>30667806
shoot them back.
>>
>>30668698

I would say that the cusomizability is the big draw to a nice plate carrier, wouldn't you?
>>
>>30668729

/thread
>>
>>30668728
http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2012/12/24/webster-new-york-firefighter-shot/1788917/
>>
>>30668761
well this this was made for your plates, you should be used to it's function, and is maximum moddable. just dye it black with some rit

https://store.glennsarmysurplus.com/interceptor-otv-iba-acu-digital-plate-carrier--accessories-p503.aspx
>>
>>30668890
>https://store.glennsarmysurplus.com/interceptor-otv-iba-acu-digital-plate-carrier--accessories-p503.aspx

do you know how ugly thats going to look if you try to die it black
>>
>>30668728
Because they won't look as cool as the other EMT's on Instagram hence the tactical operator gear.
>>
>>30668613
My dad has worked as a paramedic in the city for something like 20 years now. Nig nogs will shoot at anyone wearing a uniform or driving something with flashing lights. Sometimes they'll shoot at emt's specifically so they don't try to help the homeboy they just tried to ice.
>>
File: ph020-bk[1].jpg (71 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
ph020-bk[1].jpg
71 KB, 640x480
>>30668927
>>
>>30668943
which is why they always stage a few blocks away and wait for the cops to secure the scene
>>
File: 1466778118881.gif (492 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
1466778118881.gif
492 KB, 320x240
>>30668776
>ambush from 2012
>relevant to EMS body armor consideration regarding general hood shenanigans
>>
>>30669011
>implying 2012 is so long ago that it's not relevant in 2016
Are you kidding?

Seriously though if someone's going to lay in ambush for you to arrive on scene they're going to set up with a long gun if they have one. The point is that you don't know until you arrive whether you're facing general hood shenanigans or an ambush. Other times this has happened, the cops who came with got shot, so people don't report it as an attack on EMS personnel, but if there's a guy in the woodline banging away at the popo with his AR, I wouldn't want to be EMS with a IIIa soft vest.
>>
>>30668966
>guy works as a medic for 20 years and gets shot at for multiple reasons
>"just let the cops secure the scene"
>>
File: 698[1].jpg (57 KB, 550x450) Image search: [Google]
698[1].jpg
57 KB, 550x450
Why would anyone want to ambush and stab/shoot this qt3.14?
>>
File: 1464740164599.gif (127 KB, 287x199) Image search: [Google]
1464740164599.gif
127 KB, 287x199
>>30669111
>this whole post
yeah dude, you got it all figured out
it's very important to note that being intentionally ambushed by someone with a rifle is so, so much more likely than being randomly shot at by a hoodrat with pistol

did the gungrabber-myth that rifles are the top-used firearm in urban shootings seep into your peasized rain already?
it seems like you're overdosing on feinstein rhetoric
>>
>>30667937
Fucking Kill Yourself

Literally last year 3 fire/medics robbed at gunpoint doing a check on a fire hydrant that some ghetto fuck was using for a shower
>>
Why the fuck is /k/ shilling so hard against a true hardworking profession asking for legit fucking protection?

Holy fuck I love /k/ but this is absolutely fucking horrid. You fuckers would've given legit advice if this guy asked for "Best way to outfit for the incoming apocalypse" or "How to look and operate like Travis Haley", but you don't want to give legit advice to a goddamn medical professional?
I hope I respond to your house. I hope I see /k/ open. I hope to fucking god I see Bad Dragon branded dragon dildos suctioned onto your headboard. I hope you're having a heart attack - Maybe I'll push Epi 1:1000, or maybe I'll push 1:10,000 - who fucking knows. I'm just a retarded paramedic.
>>
>>30669372
>autism
>>
>>30668214
I would have stab-resistant at all times; but holy fuck lmao plate carriers are looking more and more ideal, especially here in Miami with all this #BLM shit going on
>>
>>30669293
Wow, it's not like you can wear both soft armor and hard plates or anything. Seriously calm the fuck down, not everyone who disagrees with you is retarded.
>>
>>30669217

>Implying OP is a qt medic
>>
>>30669390
>Projecting his inability to be anything greater than a basement dweller
>>
>>30669293

What other things do you commonly like to piss on because of your "opinions" anon?
>>
File: 1456481987235.jpg (36 KB, 480x534) Image search: [Google]
1456481987235.jpg
36 KB, 480x534
>>30669420
>intentionally focuses on the "2012 isn't that long ago" aspect instead of the OBVIOUS main point of rifle ambushed being much,much less likely than hood shootings
>gets called out for being a strawmanning retard
>"lol chill out bro I'm just disagreeing with you"
yeah fuck that
>>
>>30669561
>strawmanning
I don't think that word means what you think it means. But keep being a salty fuck, it makes afternoon a little more enjoyable.
>>
>>30670458
this sounds your speed
https://www.pinterest.com/explore/plate-carrier/

pick one you think is kawii post it up and we'll tell you where to find it if you can't.
>>
>>30668728
Don't have to worry about replacing the ceramic if its never shot or broken.
Kevlar rots
Also if you get used to wearing the armor you can wear even heavier armor
>>
You're just going to stage until PD give the all clear. Go get a new job if you want to be operator.
>>
AR500 makes some decent and cheap plate/Carrier combos
>>
>>30668613 I live in a noguns euro country and even here EMTs are attacked. Firefighters too.
>>
>>30667704
>lbt slick carrier
>ceramics

don't ever buy ar500 or condor unless you're retarded
>>
>>30668729
>ambushed by person of crime
>shoot PoC
>take them back to the hospital
>Drive back out, repeat

sort of sounds like a conflict of interest
>>
>>30670637
Pd make the are clear
> cops always do their job well
> and in a timely manner
> they're the ones getting shot

You are retarded
>>
>>30670915
*area
>>
>>30670915

See

>>30668661
>>
Just keep the kawaii vest OP. You might save a qt jap and obtain gf
>>
Due to you wanting to stop rifle rounds and we do not know the caliber of the round, might i suggest this?
>>
What kind of shit hole do you live in where people shoot EMTs?
>>
>>30671783
its shit a little shitty drill busted it
>>
>>30669111
The chances of EMS being fired upon are minuscule. In my opinion the risk isn't worth the hassle and the weight of the body armor. Out of all of your local EMS employees how many have been assaulted AND would have benefited from body armor on a yearly basis? I'm assuming very few, if any.

Unless if you work in Detroit or somewhere similar (Memphis, Oakland, St. Louis, Baltimore, etc.)

I know EMS deal with the unstable and violent. Yet risk has to be calculated. Sure, driving a car makes it more likely I'll be involved in a car accident but that's worth it. Body armor is hot and heavy.

This is coming from someone who's about start the police academy and is dreading how awful Texas summers are going to be with all that gear. My fear isn't getting shot, it's melting.
>>
>>30669217
That bitch looks like a tranny and you think she's cute? oh where am i again i forgot, carry on faggot.
>>
>>30667704
I think it looks good
>>
I used to work EMS for a shithole municipality that started giving us police hand-me-down 3a panels in cheapo external carriers vests similar to OPs after we had two instances in a month of shots being fired at us, leaving bullet holes in the truck once. It's not unheard of for EMTs to be attacked, but I wouldn't worry about hard plates, OP, unless you want to just run a 3a hard plate for stab and bullet protection - most hard 3a plates aren't officially rated for stab resistance, but will do a good job against stabby or slicey tools. Depending on how big you and your carrier are, you could probably just replace your soft front plate with a hard 10x12 SAPI or shooter cut plate. Try polyethylene, it'll weigh about the same as a soft insert.

Some stab plates are rated level 1 or 2 and will stop most common dindu calibers too.

I wouldn't worry about rifle threats against EMS though. If anyone comes after you, it's going to be a dindu looking for drugs or psych.
>>
>>30668729

That would be the logical conclusion. God forbid they allow people designated to save lives to defend their own
>>
>>30669372
Because only faggots on /k/ get to play dress up at the range. They won't use the majority of things they talk about, if they own a real gun the only thing they've shot is paper.

EMT storytime used to be part of the boards culture, not anymore.
>>
>>30671816
Any city with niggers ever
>>
>>30672176
>About to start police academy
Oh wow you don't know shit. EMTs get assaulted all the fucking time.

>Get called out to chest pain
>Chest pain caused by son shooting dad in the chest
Oh wow so glad we called for pd to secure the scene of a chest pain call.
>>
>>30672319
I didn't say EMTs didn't get assaulted. I asked what percentage of those assaulted would have benefited from body armor and whether or not that benefit is worth the weight and discomfort.

Similarly, patrol officers in most jurisdictions wear soft armor instead of plates. The risk of being attacked by someone with a rifle is not high enough to make it worth it. Though that may change.

That's my point. Is it worth it? I don't know where you are located (which is why I stated "Unless if you work in Detroit...) but based on encounters by local EMS it doesn't seem worth it.

It also seems like EMT have a more significant problem, being unable to adequately protect themselves.

Of course, I'm not a EMT. This is only my opinion and I may be wrong. Everyone judges risk differently and cities face different problems.
>>
>>30667704
looks pretty racoon city to me, I'd wear the fuck out of that on my shift. Also it looks like you could comfortably conceal a pistol in one of those pouches.

CCing as an EMT can be pretty tricky sometimes
Thread replies: 81
Thread images: 14

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.