[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why all the hate for 380? >m-muh ballistics If we listened
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (22 KB, 300x160) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
22 KB, 300x160
Why all the hate for 380?

>m-muh ballistics

If we listened to you fags we'd all try to CC 50 BMGs, you're conceal carrying to merc Tray not trying to defeat lvl 4 plates.
>>
9 Luger btfo's .380, and nowadays we can make 9 guns just as small as .380 popguns.
>>
>>30667023
>.380 handguns are generally the same size as their 9mm counterparts
>.380 has practically the same case diameter as a 9mm
>.308 performs worse than 9mm in practically every way

Maybe you should tell us why you think .380 should be more popular.
>>
>>30667051
12 inches of penetration is more than enough to hit vitals.

If the person you're shooting is so big 12 inches isn't enough, then they are so fucking fat you shouldn't need a gun.at that point if you did its Ham Planet vs. Ham Planet. So who cares you're both too fat. .380 is fine

And also my .380 pocket pistol is still smaller than anything 9 mil.
>>
>>30667078
>defense mode engaged
you seem pretty good at justifying .380 to yourself
why post in a thread obviously meant to dis .380?
st the end of the day 9 beats .380, I don't care if .380 is "enough" for you
>>
>>30667070

.380 is much quieter and recoils much less in a mouse gun. This equates to faster follow-up shots.

Also, modern .380 has closed the terminal performance gap significantly.

9mm is better for full frame guns though.
>>
>>30667070
>>.308 performs worse than 9mm in practically every way
I've shot a few pigs that would disagree if there insides were still inside.
>>
>>30667023
I like .380ACP just fine, it's a great pocket pistol round with the right defensive loadings.

>>30667078
Lehigh Extreme Penetrators will give a .380ACP the penetration it lacks.
>>
>>30667089
Hmm. OK whatever you're trying to say got lost on me.

Let me shoot you with a .380 then.
>>
>>30667023
Why do we constantly have this discussion? Caliber matters less than shot placement. A .22LR to the cranium would be just as effective as a larger round.
>>
File: Subcompact Jericho 2.jpg (129 KB, 495x369) Image search: [Google]
Subcompact Jericho 2.jpg
129 KB, 495x369
>>30667103
>.380 is much quieter

>http://keepandbeararms.com/information/XcIBViewItem.asp?ID=2052
>.380 157.7 dB
>9mm 159.8 dB

They're fairly similar, and both are well above the safety threshold for hearing damage.

>recoils much less in a mouse gun

Felt recoil is entirely subjective. My dad's PPK/s in .380 is one of the most uncomfortable guns I've ever shot, but pic related (which is similarly sized) weighs half a pound more and doesn't seem to kick nearly as hard. For full disclosure I don't own a Jericho, my roommate had one.

>modern .380 has closed the terminal performance gap significantly

OK. It still performs worse than 9mm in practically every way.
>>
>>30667150
Let me shoot you with a .22 beforehand and see ifyou think that's weak
Everything is relative
>>
.380 is not bad, just that 9mm is more powerful with the same capacity.

>>30667223
Yeah recoil is very gun-dependent. Most .380 guns are usually blowback with tiny subcompact grips, so the recoil feels snappy. 9mms are always short recoil with bigger grips, always feels better.
>>
>>30667150
"let me shoot you with it" is a shit argument for anything. An exacto knife is a crappy self defense weapon but that doesn't mean I want to get slashed by it. 2.7mm Kolibri is a pathetic round but that doesn't mean I want to get shot by it
>>
>>30667070

Every metric used in 9mm vs. 40SW is basically applicable to 380 vs. 9mm.

>inb4 capacity
>Glock makes 17/19/26 sized guns in 380, but can't import them to USA.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.