[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
<<CLIPS>>
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3
File: ak-magazine.jpg (5 KB, 259x194) Image search: [Google]
ak-magazine.jpg
5 KB, 259x194
Now that I have your attention, is there any reason to save empty stripper clips? I am cleaning out my shooting storage and I have a pile of 7.62 clips that I saved from some russian surplus ammo just because I'm a packrat. I see them listed for ~$1 a piece on gunbroker and ebay but I'm not sure that that's even worth doing. (Not worth the time if it's never going to sell imo)

Even if I buy ammo in the future that is loose, I don't see myself taking the time to load stripper clips before a shooting trip. It's really not that much more convenient than loading rounds by hand.

Should I throw them away, /k/? I guess I just want to know what other people do with them.
>>
>>30667021
If you don't like them you can sell the whole bunch of them in a box, someone will appreciate them.

Personally I like them because there's few guns using clips these days, and it's a fast enough reload.

How many do you have?
>>
I guess you can just take them to a local gunstore and ask what they're willing to pay for a box of empty SKS stripper clips
>>
>>30667021
sell them in bulk
>>
>>30667021

If you dont have any other semi auto rifles I would keep some of them. You never know when you need to reload quickly, even if you dont like doing it.
>>
File: 1462342306458.jpg (113 KB, 414x508) Image search: [Google]
1462342306458.jpg
113 KB, 414x508
>>30667021
>clip
>>
>>30667232
>triggered by a word
>even when it's used correctly
God I love /k/
>>
>>30667021
Good SKS stripper clips are hard to come by. Most of the ones you find are barely-functional chinkshit. I'd offer to buy them from you but I've got 100 Czech clips sitting in an ammo can.
>>
File: P1010486_2.jpg (1 MB, 2592x2008) Image search: [Google]
P1010486_2.jpg
1 MB, 2592x2008
>>30667021
>is there any reason to save empty stripper clips?
Unless every round of ammo you ever buy comes on them, saving them is usually the right answer.
>It's really not that much more convenient than loading rounds by hand.
It isn't more convenient unless you actually have them loaded beforehand. But if, like you say, you're too lazy to load them at home, they're pointless. They're handy as hell to me, I use them all the time because it's easier than carrying vz mags, and easier to have ammo ready than single load at the range. I also think they're a lot of fun to use.
>>30667021
>Should I throw them away, /k/?
Russian ones should be worth more than chinese on ebay, but I think $1 per is pretty optimistic. Sell them at a price that competes with the czech BXN stripper clips that work on vz58s and sks rifles. IDK if russian ones work on a vz, but someone will still want them because they're russian and not chinese.
>>
>>30667241
You're the only one who likes it here.

>>30667797
This anon has it. My SKS has a neutered 5rd mag (darr raffle). If I had an expectation to shoot it in high volume, I would probably get ammo loaded on clips and reload them as long as they don't get bent.

Side note: for some sick reason, I really like the idea of a top-loading Armalite.
>>
>>30668538
I feel you, an AR-18 design really lends itself to having a stripper clip loading port cut into the upper.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.