[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm sure you get lots of these threads, but I can't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 6
File: tumblr_o14y4n8MZj1u8df7so1_500.jpg (56 KB, 500x367) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o14y4n8MZj1u8df7so1_500.jpg
56 KB, 500x367
I'm sure you get lots of these threads, but I can't find anything in catalog.

I need a pistol for home protection. is there a guide or a recommended list? it's my first one so it's something I'd take to a range also. what do you guys recommend?
>>
>>30666287
At leas 37mm
>>
File: 1445284600945.jpg (4 MB, 3900x5008) Image search: [Google]
1445284600945.jpg
4 MB, 3900x5008
>>
KS-23

What's your budget faggot?
>>
>>30666287
What other measures are you taking for home protection? I find alarmed security shutters and doors to be a lot better than a pistol. Also a guard dog. Sensor lights with cameras are good, having an intercom at the door as well.

The problem with using a pistol is that you wont always have it handy. You may be asleep, in the shower, or just not home. There is always the chance something may go wrong. We like to think we know exactly how a home invasion would go down but there are many factors that are too risky. I would recommend you invest in precautions to stop someone entering your home before you need to use a weapon rather than after.
>>
>>30666309
the flintlock
how long do you think it's been since somebody killed someone else with a black powder firearm
>>
>>30666287
a rifle or a shotgun.
No seriously, pistols do the job, but they are only optimal in places where you can't carry a long arm.
Your home is not one of those places.
>>
>>30666310
about 1,000

>>30666320
thank you, you're right. engineering is my first defense. lights, cameras, placements
>>
>>30666338

I would have assume a rifle wouldn't be as handy as a pistol in close quarters.
>>
>>30666322
realistically

probably like a day or two lol
>>
>>30666338
This is your best bet OP
get a mossberg 500 and some 00 buck, u will be 380 out the door
It's not like you won't be buying more than one anyways
Welcome to the addiction
>>
>>30666343
damn, man. Though I suppose they could be good for not getting caught for murder.
>>
>>30666342
Hold out the length of your arm and act like you are shooting a pistol, and the imagine a shotgun or rifle there instead
It really isn't that much if a difference
Yes, I am quoting buck angel
>>
File: top kik.jpg (397 KB, 720x1280) Image search: [Google]
top kik.jpg
397 KB, 720x1280
>>30666342
Yes and no. It depends.
Properly clearing from room to room, long arm or sidearm, is done with a group, and for good reason. In this situation, the ability to go to low ready and back up quickly is important (say, going through doorways), but for all intents and purposes it takes the same amount of time.

In a home defense situation, this isn't the case.
If you are able to get to a firearm before someone is in the room with you, you should be far back from the door, preferably behind an object, at the ready. Going room to room clearing as a single person is a good way to get killed, though sometimes the situation dictates that it must be done.

If you aren't able to get to the gun before someone is in the room, then yes a pistol is easier to bring up, however it's much harder to control if the assailant is close enough to grab it. With a long arm you have vastly more leverage to keep control over the firearm.

To be fair if they are already in the room and your hand isnt on or within reach of the firearm, you're probably fucked.

>>30666342
This is a good bet against anything not wearing armor.
Mag tube extensions give you a fair number of chances to hit, buckshot gives even more, but will very little chance of overpen.
Hitting the target is very important, in high stress situations it's hard as all hell to keep good aim, so every shot counts, and the added impact area helps incredibly.

Despite what >10mm fags think, most pistol rounds (barring ridiculous shit in 454 casul, 500, or 45-70) are rather anemic in comparison to rifle and shotgun loads.

This means that without a direct hit to the central nervous system (CNS) or vital organs you're very unlikely to stop the target before they suffer too much blood loss to continue to be a threat.

Hope it helps
>>
>>30666287
I have a shotgun,rifle and a pistol. I've listened to morons on threads like this before and they all say similar shit about how a rifle or shotgun is better. I have a gun by me or on me whenever I'm home.. If I go in the office, I bring the gun in there..Cooking in the kitchen, I set it on the fridge... and at night it goes to the bedroom with me. You simply can not do this with a rifle or shotgun (you could.. but it would get old). I have a G23 and put a 22rnd mag in it for home defense. I chose a Glock because of it's reliability. Something in .40 or higher. Make sure you go to the range at least once a month and get accustomed to shooting whatever gun you do choose regardless of make or model. On a side note.. If I see Tyrone and his buddies ahead of time..then I go and grab the Shotty :) simply put..this pistol is the easiest thing to make sure you have with you at all times.
>>
>>30669165
* A pistol

(and make sure you have a flashlight on it! )
>>
>>30669165
>not wanting a kitchen AR, living room AR, office AR, and toilet AR
fuck it's like you hate guns, are you from California?
>>
>>30669376

fucking this

are you a jew?
>>
>>30669376
he stated that he has a rifle.. but it's easier to casually move around his house from room to room with his pistol. It's a logical solution and I think that's why it baffles you. fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck jew fuck fuck yopu probably don't even own an AR
>>
>>30666309

Is the RIA 1911 actually decent?
>>
File: tmp_10772-IMAG0181173196905.jpg (3 MB, 5376x3024) Image search: [Google]
tmp_10772-IMAG0181173196905.jpg
3 MB, 5376x3024
I really like my Model 36-1
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.