[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Shortest fixed AR stock w/rifle buffer?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 5
File: A1.jpg (55 KB, 627x383) Image search: [Google]
A1.jpg
55 KB, 627x383
What's the shortest fixed AR15 stock that still uses a rifle buffer/spring?

Doing a 20" build, cant fucking find a vltor A5.

I still wanna be able to use the rifle with chest rig/ armor.

Shortest I can find is an A1 stock, but I still think that'd be too long. I'm 6', so it's not a comfort thing, I just dont wanna limit when I can use the rifle.

Help me /k/ I'm losing my goddamn mind
>>
>>30665636
>What's the shortest fixed AR15 stock that still uses a rifle buffer/spring?
A2 fag
>>
File: Thx.jpg (29 KB, 400x250) Image search: [Google]
Thx.jpg
29 KB, 400x250
>>30665644
Thanks for the input
>>
>>30665703
You literally won't find anything else.
Not sure why you bothered asking.
>>
>>30665747
Because the collective knowledge of /k/ is far greater than my own.

Maybe there's something I missed.

You didnt even give the correct answer friendo. An A1 stock is the shortest commonly found fixed stock. Again, thanks.
>>
>>30665636
Haha manlet
>>
Best option:

A1 buttstock

Fudd/ Basic option:

A2 stock
(marines are fags and extended the lop for target shooters)

Little Faggot Bitch option:

OP complaining when he's not even a manlet.
>>
>>30665775
okay but nobody bothers with fixed stocks so you won't find anything shorter.
>>
>>30665799
Again, it's not about preference. It's about being able to use the rifle with rigs and armor. >>30665800
You're probably right.

I'll give this thread until tomorrow morning. Then I'll abort it. Starting to think I've done /k/ a disservice.

My bad.
>>
>>30665847

No. There's literally nothing shorter than the A1 stock. Have you ever seen how an AR15 works? You can go shorter, but not with a rifle system. You can look at the RRA Entry stock, but why even bother with a fixed stock at that point?
>>
>>30665847
you wont get any shorter than an a1 if you want to keep the rifle tube.
the a1 stock adds almost nothing to the bare rifle buffer tube. the added length is whatever the buttpad is.
>>
>>30665860
RRA entry uses a carbine buffer/spring

>>30665882
Gotcha. Wasn't aware of that.
>>
File: dapupper.jpg (132 KB, 1170x1422) Image search: [Google]
dapupper.jpg
132 KB, 1170x1422
>>30665847
>>30665775
Hey I lurk /k/ all the fucking time and don't know shit about shit. You goo, any content is good content that is'nt trolling bullshit
>>
>>30665644
the A1 stock is 5/8 shorter senpai
>>
>>30665847
dude I'm fucking 5'5 and did Iraq in an IBA with an A2 stock

you'll be fucking fine

Christ I'm tired of everyone thinking a fixed stock and a "long" barrel means a weapon is unusable
>>
>>30665798
Not OP, but I'm a manlet. In the Gulfport Seabees, we wore bulky as fuck armored plate carriers, with plates and gear rigged to them.
It never bothered me past "this is too fucking hot," and I've seen five foot women pull it off with A2 stocks in CATIII training. OP is just being a faggot, as always.
>>
>>30666241
iba is a lot different from an mtv. your iba have the neck and nut pads ? or did you rock it old school?
>>
I bought one of the Magpul rifle stocks. Have not installed it. Looks pretty small, but I only looked at it for a sec.
>>
>>30665636
Magpul's UBR Gen2 will be compatible with both carbine and A5 buffers.
>>
>this thread
You can still certainly use an A2 stock AR with a PC/CR just fine. Anyone who says otherwise is a tool.

THAT SAID

It's hardly the ideal setup, and if you're not forced into using it when something can be had that's better, why the fuck not ditch it? People lambasting others who may find the LOP an A2 stock coupled with a PC/CR (LEL MANLETTE XXDDD) to be not, shall we say, pristine also need to suckstart their dad's shotgun.
>>
The A1 Lop was fine for the soldiers using it in Vietnam with their poofy flak jackets, it'll be fine for your armor.
>>
what is the longest?
I am doing a .308 20" build with exact opposite mindset as op
>>
>>30668062
Probably some form of adjustable precision stock for example one of the Magpul offerings that could give a length of pull longer than an A2.
>>
>>30668506
The PRS G3 is an erection-inducing model for that kind of build.
>>
File: JG Fixed butt for M16 short1.jpg (41 KB, 629x891) Image search: [Google]
JG Fixed butt for M16 short1.jpg
41 KB, 629x891
>>30665636
Shortest fixed is the stumpy. It is a short A2 style, but is as long as a collapsed CAR stock. RRA used to make them a long time ago. I still have one.

It looks like JG makes them now.
>>
>>30668506
>>30668527
was turned off by the moving parts, but the gen3 looks nicer than gen2
>>
File: R18FSFSM-308[1].jpg (555 KB, 4464x1108) Image search: [Google]
R18FSFSM-308[1].jpg
555 KB, 4464x1108
>>30668606
There's always the MOE then. Pictured on the Windham Weaponry R18FSFSM-308
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.