[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Starter bolt action
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
What does /k/ think is the best cheap bolt action on the market right now? I am thinking about grabbing a Savage Axis XP (pic related). Am I about to fuck up?
>>
Bargain basement rifles are fucking retarded. People inevitably get tired of them and want to move up, only now they're in an even deeper price hole because they've already spent hundreds on a shitbox starter gun. If you can't afford a Howa 1500, a Ruger American, or a Tikka T3, you can't afford a proper bolt action hunting gun.
>>
>>30662594
I genuinely want you to kill yourself in a non 4chan meme arrow kinda way.
>>
>>30662503
get at least an axis 2 or savage 11 scout or hog hunter.
(At least get an accutrigger model)
>>30662594
this, don't go retard cheap
>>
>>30662647
Too bad you're too poor to afford a gun to do the job yourself. :^)
>>
>>30662594
>Ruger American
>proper bolt action gun

Your opinion is shit.
>>
>>30662594
>Ruger American
>Proper bolt hunting rifle
Pick one
>>
>>30662503
Nazi Germany was behind the US or Britain in any way that mattered
>>
>>30662757
Wrong thread, friendo.
>>
>>30662684

Ruger American is an amazing rifle (for the price). It is IMO the best entry level bolt action rifle currently on the market for under $500 dollarydoos. It comes in a variety of calibers and the stock does not need to be bedded due to the integral block system.

DO not underestimate this rifle, I would put it to the pepsi challenge against any rifle up to and including the $500 dollar price point.
>>
>>30662503
Get one with an accutrigger like >>30662652 said. My buddy has one and from what I've seen they're pretty good for the price point.
>>
Ruger American is the smoothest operating cheap bolt action, Remington 783 is by far the most accuarte budget bolt gun. Either way, avoid the low end Savage.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.