[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
First time at gun range
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 2
File: DSCN1308b-e1400019733582.jpg (1 MB, 3050x2340) Image search: [Google]
DSCN1308b-e1400019733582.jpg
1 MB, 3050x2340
A couple days ago was my first time at a gun range.

I shot a 1911, glock 19, and a cz 75.

The Glock 19 hit me and my girlfriend in the forehead with several casings. Is this normal for a Glock 19?

I was more accurate with the Glock 19 than either the CZ 75 or the 1911 but i'm kind of concerned that the casings were striking both me and my GF in the forehead.

Is this normal?
>>
youre limp wristing

if you hold the glock firmly the casings have a predictable sideways trajectory
>>
>>30661688
You sure?

Because i read on some sites that the glock has a problem with casings ejecting towards your head.

The guy at the range said it was a wrist problem also, but i read otherwise on the internet,

It also never happened with the 1911 or the cz.
>>
>>30661922
don't you think if the rental gun had mechanical problems the staff would have fixed them instead of continuing to rent a dysfunctional gun? considering the glock is at least 10 ounces lighter than each of the other guns you shot and thus subject to greater recoil, i suspect you were limp wristing.
>>
>>30661576
I own a Glock 19, that is abnormal. I have been hit in the head with a casing once in the thousands of rounds I have fired, and I remember laughing about it because it surprised me.
>>
>The Glock 19 hit me and my girlfriend
>my girlfriend

This part wasnt even necessary, fuck off
>>
>>30661576
>I was more accurate with the Glock 19 than either the CZ 75 or the 1911

All this bait, was it a flip or taurus 1911?
>>
>>30661576
>>The Glock 19 hit me and my girlfriend in the forehead with several casings. Is this normal for a Glock 19?
It's not normal, but it is typical for Glocks.

>>30662107
Idiot. Brass ejection is not considered a malfunction. The word "dysfunction" is never used with guns like that. Stop getting gunsmithing advice from psychiatrists.
>>
>>30662453
People like this should be permanently banned from posting.
>>
>>30662534
thanks

I have shot seveal 1911's
all of them have much better triggers than the glock 19. I find it hard to believe that OP shot the glock better, unless he shot an absolute POS 1911
>>
File: 1464919656490.jpg (56 KB, 490x746) Image search: [Google]
1464919656490.jpg
56 KB, 490x746
>I was more accurate with the Glock 19 than either the CZ 75 or the 1911

How is that even possible with a factory trigger?
>>
>>30661688
No, Glocks have been doing this forever, it's an extractor issue.

>>30661922
See above.

>>30662107
>...... the staff would have fixed them.....
HAHAHAHA
>>
>>30662107
>rental
>expect perfect
You're delusional.

Every time I got a rental, it was... no, not dirty. Not even filthy. Disgustingly filthy. Multiple FTE/FTF per mag, with handguns and long rifles alike. Staff was coming out every few minutes to pour some CLP at firearms to make them operational again.

Had I based my purchasing decision on a rental experience, I'd be still scratching my ass looking for a "working" gun.
>>
>>30662575
I would agree on 1911 triggers being FAR better than glocks. But I can't shoot 1911's for shit. I have even tried nighthawk customs and I can't find anything that fits my hand right.
But anything fucking sig is awesome for me. Amazingly comfortable and far better groups than what I get with glocks (though somewhat larger than revolver groups)
I guess preferences? I don't know.
>>
>>30662107
>staff would have fixed them

What ranges do you go to? Staff don't clean the guns until the internals look like black mud.
>>
>>30662107
No, this is not true. Staff makes sure the gun can work at the bare minimum. My 238 runs flawlessly, whereas the 238 I rented stovepiped every 3rd round.
>>
>>30661576
That's cute you girls go shooting. How precious.
>>
>>30662411
Yes it was. He was emphasizing that this was an issue as it didn't just happen to him, but another.

Cry more lonely faggot.
>>
>>30662628
CZs are that bad
>>
>>30662411
Spotted the lonely fag
>>
>>30662704
>implying a Glock trigger is better than CZ
OK bud
>>
>>30662575
I just liked the sights better on the glock than the 1911 or the CZ.

The recoil on the glock did feel like it was more.

>>30662411
>>30662698
I'm not saying my GF is a perfect 10 faggot, she just wanted to go shooting.

The fact is that the glock his both of us in the head, her twice and me once. I just wanted to know what was the problem.

If it is limp wrist why would a vertical recoil affect a lateral ejection? Even it it recoiled shouldn't it still spit perpendicularly?
>>
>>30661576
Btw my gf was way more accurate with the CZ than the glock. I was more accurate with the glock than the CZ.
>>
>>30662107
>had mechanical problems the staff would have fixed them instead of continuing to rent a dysfunctional gun?

kek

I've been at ranges where your hands would be completely black just from holding the guns because it's been months since they've been cleaned.
>>
>>30662944
Our hands weren't black but our fingernails were on our right hand pretty black on the outsides. Is that normal after 100 rounds?
>>
>>30662575
>I find it hard to believe that [any person besides me could possibly hold a different opinion than me or have a different life experience than my one authoritative life experience, which must be universal]

Like I said, people with this level of an empathy deficiency should be permanently banned from posting on 4chan, maybe from the entire internet.

>>30662628
Maybe his fingers were too short and the 1911 had a long trigger, or he had a hard time wrapping his hands around the grip to keep it steady. Maybe the Glock had an unusually crisp, light trigger break. Maybe the positive texture of the Glock's grip gave him confidence to shoot it without expecting a flinch. Or maybe he shot the Glock first and developed a flinch later through the shooting session. There are any number of reasons why a given person might shoot better with one gun or another. If a person lacks shooting fundamentals, then it can be very random.
>>
>>30661576
Stop being a limp wristed faggot you fucking bitch
>>
Do all glocks have ejection problems or just the new ones?
>>
>>30662107
NIGGER PLEASE
>>
>>30665627
Mainly just the new ones.
>>
>>30665627
its the ones held by idiots
ive seen gen 2 and gen 3 do 100% brass to face when held by a new shooter. then its a non issue when the gun changes hands. i admit that it is alot easier to get brass to face with a gen 4 but half of it is inexperienced shooters holding the gun wrong. if they fix their stance or just move their head or hand it goes away.
>>
>>30665770
>no capitalization
>no punctuation
>no clue
>>
>>30661576
completely normal. That's what the safety glasses are for. Get hit in the forehead with a 44 mag brass and then you can complain.
>>
>>30665864
So if you're a cop shooting at armed robbers you can handle a couple of pelts to the eye?

Why couldn't they fix this problem? To me it just seems like a canary.
>>
>>30662107
The last gun I rented at the range was a USP .45. Somehow, someway, they found a way to make it jam at least 2x a mag. It doesn't matter if it's glock/hk/beretta/s&w/sig. Ranges don't just neglect rental guns, they fucking abuse them.
>>
>>30662793
It is though. DA/SA a shit.
>>
>>30665627
Neither. I have a 2015 gen 4 and never experienced a single piece of brass to the face.
>>
>>30661576
Will gen 5 will fix this problem?
>>
>>30666048
all DA/SA is shit
>>
>>30661576
get used to getting hit with brass. its a big deal and its not even rifle brass. focus on your shooting.
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.