[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What boots would/k/ recommend in the sub-$100 range? Have a 3
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4
File: rothco+forced+entry.jpg (23 KB, 560x532) Image search: [Google]
rothco+forced+entry.jpg
23 KB, 560x532
What boots would/k/ recommend in the sub-$100 range? Have a 3 month old now, so can't spend too much.

Pic somewhat related... Rothco sells these for around 80, but don't want my feet to get hamburgered.

These will be used for backyard operating and occasional range and innawoods.
>>
>>30654510
If you spend any less than about $130 for boots your feet are gonna get JUST'ed
>>
Save up and get yourself some Danners. They last way longer than anything in my experience. Worth the price. I am army with 10 years in and an avid hunter. Not uncommon to cover 30km in a day
>>
Not OP, but I've been meaning to get into the modern boot game too. Just recently taken up firearms as a serious hobby (beyond just collecting surplus) so I'm still new to all this geardo shit.

What are some actually good boots? Reasonably priced, at that. I'm on a budget but I'm not beyond saving up for a few weeks for a quality product. I've heard names like Merrel and Solomon but no idea where to really start looking.
>>
These are decent and on sale
http://www.altaigear.com/shop/multi-funcional-military-boot/
>>
File: leg boots.jpg (36 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
leg boots.jpg
36 KB, 500x500
They last longer than dinosaur fossils.

$80-90 bucks a pop. Combat proven over and over again. I'm not a rube either. These were the best for jumping since they provided excellent ankle support.
>>
https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1918163073/military-surplus-warm-weather-combat-boot

Grade 2 (essentially just broken in for you, Grade 3 is actually worn a bit so don't cheap out) surplus Desert boots. $37.50 for a pair plus shipping; deals don't get much better for $150-new boots.
>>
>>30654510

You can get the Bates RAT boots for about a hundred on ebay. Same concept as the Danners, but had a problem with their glued soles coming undone. Supposedly fixed now, but not sure. I can't speak for the Rats, but I know my 922's are spectacular.
>>
>>30654640
>922's are spectacular.
I second this. Muh SEAL Tropicals all day everyday.
>>
>>30654638

>buying used boots
>not understanding that the leather breaks in to the way your foot is shaped and the way you walk
>Willingly owning a piece of footwear that has been permanently altered to support a foot and gait different to your own

Why do you enjoy hot spots and blisters, anon?
>>
>>30654640
>>30654651
I've started looking at the 922's. They look pretty great for the price. What's the contrast between the more 'classic' military-style high-ankle boots VS the borderline running-shoe looking ass ones a lot of HSLD dudes use?
>>
>>30654666
>implying desert boots are leather
>implying OP didn't state use would only be backyard operating and occasional range and innawoods
>implying $38 for quality boots worn by (most likely) some POG in a Post Office with no actual wear is a poor choice
>implying implications
>>
>>30654568
Second for Danner

They have a sale once a year, got my current pair for $30
>>
>>30654831
>$30
I would fuck a rabbit in public for $30 Danners.
>>
>>30654510
I dunno about rothco, but I can personally attest to eBay selling belleville for under $50 new if you can get an auction won, I found wellco boots that were like blemished or something, best boots I ever had. Got one pair for $50, another pair for $35. They list on Amazon for like 130 and up I believe. I wear them everyday, first pair lasted over a year before the heel of the sole started detaching. I'm gonna have it fixed because there is nothing else wrong with them.
>>
>>30654719
Not that anon, but I personally will never ever pay for or wear used footwear ever again. There's no reason. Especially since sites like botach have name brand boots under $100 like every other day
>>
Merrel moabs are 10/10
>>
Bates.
>>
Anyone else use moabs? I find hiking style boots to be the most comfortable. It's no wonder operators use them.
>>
>>30654510
Get danner tannicus, you can find sales where they are less than 100$
>>
File: image.png (1 MB, 2048x1536) Image search: [Google]
image.png
1 MB, 2048x1536
Not sub-£100 but I fucking love these boots.
>>
>>30656888
OP here

I hadn't looked at 5.11s, and their Recon Desert boots are marked down to $99 right now... seems like a pretty good deal.
>>
File: 1405051179289.jpg (185 KB, 1023x657) Image search: [Google]
1405051179289.jpg
185 KB, 1023x657
>>30654510
https://swisslink.com/footwear-handwear/new-british-combat-assault-boots.html

got these boots, real comfy and are quality
>>
>>30657068
Honestly, they can't be beaten on quality as far as I'm concerned. A while ago, I had a pair of 5.11 boots that I never really took care of and really put them through their paces. They held up great and lasted me a very long time.
>>
>>30654831
>>30654568
What particular model do you have?
>>
>>30657128
kek that pic the comparison is so unreal. One is a hobbying law abiding American and the other probably blew up along time ago
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.