[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Shoot to to me straight
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: g19g4.png (155 KB, 896x351) Image search: [Google]
g19g4.png
155 KB, 896x351
What do you guys think about the Glock 19 Gen 4 over-all and what do you think about them for a conceal carry weapon?
>>
>>30651972
It be awesome if it was 10mm
>>
>>30651972
I'd wait until the Gen 5 comes out
Which might be soon
>>
>>30652079
but then you got new shit and new problems.
isnt it better to wait til its been on the market for a while? I know originally there were complaints about gen 4 throwing brass all over the place and thats since been fixed but it seems old enough to be without issues now.
what do you expect of gen 5?
>>
>>30652111

It's not known why they did it, but they had several batches of 9mm gen 4 models ship with .40 recoil springs.

It couldn't have been a mistake, because it continued for a while.
>>
>>30652111
Well, I see your point but I already have a dedicated ccw
I'd be getting it just to own a glock and because it might be completely ambidextrous
So if there are problems, I won't mind as much sending it in
>>
>>30652180
I was led to believe they switched out the ejector too at some junction
didnt realize they did that with the spring.
>>
not worth $50 more than gen 3

I hope gen 5 is actually worth buying
>>
File: philosoraptor-professor-x.jpg (45 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
philosoraptor-professor-x.jpg
45 KB, 400x400
>>30652263
I haven't compared gen 3 to gen 4 - maybe I should do that.
>>
>>30651972
I would pick one up, but I would expect to replace the extractor/ejector until I get 100% reliability.

Also if it has the slide milled for a red dot, it's done poorly and your shit will fall off, sadly Glock screwed the pooch on the RMR attachment.
>>
I don't like Glocks. The hump on the grip is annoying, I don't like the plasticy trigger, I don't like the mag release (too often it pokes into the flesh of my right hand and mags won't drop free super easy), I don't like the magazines themselves and how it's polymer on polymer in the mag well (I like steel mags), I don't like how it comes with plastic sights, I don't like the bottom of the trigger guard and how it rubs your middle finger (which is why so many people under cut it), they're ugly, boring, and not NEARLY as reliable and durable as they are given credit for.

Don't get me wrong, it will kill people fine, I just prefer ergonomics and shootability to "YOU CAN HOLD MORE ROUNDS FOR LESS WEIGHT."
>>
>>30652293

You can turn a gen 3 into a gen 4 with parts and the only difference will be the grip texture.

There's a $50 difference, but that's about what you're going to spend on the parts and the extra magazine

I've never seen anyone use the gen 4 backstraps anyway.
>>
>>30652320
thats a big deal for me. idk if im being picky but the 15+1 when comparing other feasible ccw's is nice compared to a lot of others. but yea it doesnt make a lot of sense to buy a gun if it doesnt feel right to you. makes sense.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.