[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Name one time when an actual Armed citizen of the United States
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 92
Thread images: 12
File: columbo-scratching-o.gif (2 MB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
columbo-scratching-o.gif
2 MB, 320x240
Name one time when an actual Armed citizen of the United States has stopped a Terrorist Attack or Mass murder i.e School Shooting in recent years?

I'll be sitting over here waiting.
>>
>>30649378
bumping first though
>>
>>30649378
I'll be sitting over here, not caring
>>
>>30649378
you don't hear about it if its stopped
>>
File: a52.jpg (19 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
a52.jpg
19 KB, 400x400
>>30649385
?
>>
May 27, 2010
A 79-year-old man entered an AT&T store in New York Mills, New York carrying a .357 magnum revolver in his hand and a list of employees he planned to kill in his pocket. Hearing the hand cannon go off, Donald J. Moore drew his own personal weapon and killed the gunman before he could complete his plan. One employee was wounded in the shooting.

August 30, 2010
When a 62-year-old man armed with two handguns forced his way into Sullivan Central High School in Tennessee, he was immediately engaged by School Resource Officer Carolyn Gudger. Gudger put her body between the gunman and a student and started what would turn out to be a more than 10 minute gun-to-gun encounter. Gudger used the time to slowly move the man to a less crowded part of the school. When other officers arrived on the scene, a brief gun battle erupted ending with the gunman mortally wounded.

March 25, 2012
Aaron Guyton was inside the recreation building of his grandfather’s church when he saw Jessie Gates, a member of the congregation, pulling a shotgun from his vehicle. Guyton leapt into action, locking the doors to the church where services were going on. Gates kicked in the door and pointed the shotgun at Rev. Henry Guyton and several parishioners. Drawing his concealed handgun, the younger Guyton held Gates at gunpoint while two members of the church took him to the ground. Rev. Guyton then took the shotgun from his hand.

More on this shit site, took 3 seconds of googling, fuck you faggot. http://controversialtimes.com/issues/constitutional-rights/12-times-mass-shootings-were-stopped-by-good-guys-with-guns/
>>
>>30649378

mass shooting that are prevented aren't mass shootings, you enormous mouthbreathing faggot.

1/10 for making me reply
>>
>>30649393
>Major terrorist plot foiled by Armed American citizens.

I bet everyone keeps that quite!
>>
File: Timothy_McVeigh_Time_magazine.jpg (47 KB, 300x395) Image search: [Google]
Timothy_McVeigh_Time_magazine.jpg
47 KB, 300x395
Put the ATF and FBI HRT in their place for coming on 3 decades now
>>
>>30649378
you need a happening first before the /k/ommandos will emerge

and I mean a big happening
>>
>>30649378

5 seconds on google.

Here's 12.

http://controversialtimes.com/issues/constitutional-rights/12-times-mass-shootings-were-stopped-by-good-guys-with-guns/

INB4: Wah, that sauce isn't the huff post, clearly its garbage. Look up the cases for yourself you lazy faggot.
>>
>>30649426
This.

Now kys OP, and don't use a firearm.
>>
>>30649378
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Curtis_Culwell_Center_attack
>>
>>30649435
how many terror plots with armed gunmen have happened on American soil in the last 15 years?

also
>quite
>>
>>30649378
OP buttblasted his last thread was deleted, maybe now he can catch a real ban
>>
Oct. 1, 1997
Luke Woodham fatally stabbed his mother at home before opening fire at his high school,killing two students and injuring seven others. The attackwas stoppedwhen Assistant Principal Joel Myrick retrieved his .45 caliber handgun from his truck and confronted Woodham, detaining him until authorities could arrive.

Myrick’s action stopped Woodham from going across the street to the middle school as he had planned.

April 24, 1998
A 14-year-old studentshowed up to his middle school dance carrying a .25-caliber pistol. He opened fire inside the dance, killing one teacher and wounding another as well as two students.The rampageended when James Strand, owner of the banquet hall the dance was happening in, grabbed his personal shotgun and confronted the 14-year-old killer. Strandheld the teen at gunpointfor 11 minutes before finally getting him to drop the weapon and lie on the ground and searching him for additional weapons.

Jan. 16, 2002
A43-year-old former student armed with a .380 handgunkilled DeanAnthony Sutin andProfessor Thomas Blackwell with point blank shots and went on to kill fellow student Angela Dales as well as wounding three others before being confronted at gunpoint bylaw students Tracy Bridges, a county sheriff’s deputy, and Mikael Gross, a police officer, after retrieving their personal handguns from their vehicles. The gunman was then apprehended by other students.

Gross and Bridges lost valuable response timeaccessing their handguns because of the law school’s standing as a gun-free zone.

Dec. 9, 2007
2 parishioners were killed and 3 wounded when a gunman toting a Bushmaster AR-15 opened fire at New Hope Church. Hearing the rifle fire, Jeanne Assam grabbed her personal concealed carry firearm and confronted the gunman from a distance of 20 yards wounding him. As he lay on the ground trying to pull the pin on a hand grenade in the middle of the crowded auditorium, she fired three more times killing him
>>
>>30649378

http://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news/local/Mercy-Fitzgerald-Hospital-on-Lockdown-268489642.html

http://kxan.com/2014/04/30/2-hurt-in-shooting-near-downtown/

http://www.kgw.com/news/clackamas-mall-shooter-faced-man-with-concealed-weapon_20160307101447700/71624413

http://www.uticaod.com/article/20100527/NEWS/305279879

Sorry, I bit teh baet
>>
>>30649510
>handgunkilled

I have a new favorite verb
>>
>>30649425
Well i guess good guys with guns beat bad guys with guns, i just don't understand why so many mass shooting and terror attacks managed to happen in recent years over there if you're all armed.

Not trolling, just don't get why terror and mass shootings happen if a gun is always handy.
>>
May 27, 2010
A 79-year-old man entered an AT&T store in New York Mills, New York carrying a .357 magnum revolver in his hand and a long list of employees he planned to kill in his pocket. Hearing the hand cannon go off, Donald J. Moore drew his own personal weapon and killed the gunman before he could complete his plan. Only one employee was wounded in the shooting.

Dec. 11, 2012
Two people were killed and a third was seriously wounded at Clackamas Town Center near Portland, Oregon when a rifle-toting gunmanopened fire in in the busy food court. Nick Meli, a shopper in the mall, drew a personally owned firearm on the gunman, and demanded he drop the gun, who immediatelyretreated to a service corridor and killed himself. Meli did not fire his weapon for fear of striking bystanders yet authorities say his actions caused the gunman to cease his attack and end his own life.

January 11, 2014
After being refused entry to the strip club for belligerent behavior and racist comments earlir in the night,Thomas Elliott Hjelmeland returned carrying a handgun and wearing a Halloween mask. As soon as he entered the club, Hjelmeland opened fire, striking bouncer Brian Rizzo, a patron, and a waitress.Another bouncer, Jonathan Baer drew his concealed handgun and shot Hjelmeland in the head, killing him.

Following the attack Baer posted to Facebook: “I did what I felt was right to stop the shooter…I carry every day, and will continue to, and will so with the hope that I will NEVER have to pull it out again.”
>>
>>30649560
Because a mass shooting would be disorienting as fuck and nobody wants to shoot the wrong person or get shot themselves.
>>
>>30649560
look where those shootings happen. no guns alowed in most of those places.
>>
>>30649510
>As he lay on the ground trying to pull the pin on a hand grenade in the middle of the crowded auditorium, she fired three more times killing him
Nigga had the retention too high on his glock holster
>>
>>30649560
>.
Sometimes shit happens. you can't stop everything all the time, even if you're a good guy with a gun.
>>
>>30649560
most mass shooting happen in places where guns are not allowed
>>
>>30649378
Aren't you tried of getting btfo with your bullshit every time, OP? also don't forget, kys.
>>
July 25, 2014
A mentally ill patient at a psychiatric clinic killed his case worker at point blank range, after drawing a small revolver from his boot, and then turned his gun on his doctor, Lee Silverman, striking him several times. Before the gunman could leave the office and continue his rampage, Dr. Silverman drew his own concealed handgun and pumped three rounds intothe gunman’s torso, mortally wounding him. Police and hospital staff hail Dr. Silverman as a hero and credit him with saving dozens of lives.
>>
>>30649560
>if you're all armed

we're not.
>>
>>30649378
>tell me about something that was stopped before it happened so that it couldn't be the thing I am asking about

>tell me about someone that was stopped for speeding before they were speeding

>tell me about someone that put out a fire before a fire started

Are you genuinely retarded or do you just play one on the internet?
>>
>>30649560
>gun free zones
>only free of law abiding citizens with guns
Just in case you didn't know this, criminals break laws.
>>
>>30649560

Because they all happen in no gun zones, and people who carry are still extremely rare.

If you mean the influx of shootings in the past decade, you can blame the media for that. It's pretty much the prime fad for /r9k/ and ISIS to make themselves known to the world, and it works.
>>
>>30649492
Well this thread has actually answered unlike the turkish Coup Thread.

First and last thread on /k/. I will never understand your obsession with Guns. I bid you farewell.
>>
>>30649560
I don't get how Charlie Hebdo and Paris shootings happened when France has strict gun control, dont get why terror still happens over there.
>>
>>30649560
Very, VERY few people in the United States carry. Only about 2,000,000 people have carry licenses, in a nation for 300,000,000 and only a tiny fraction of those actually carry. Some states basically ban carry, and most mass shootings happen in gun free zones. Id say on average 1/500 people carry, and that is a ridiculously optimistic estimation.
>>
>>30649378
Over 17. None of them spoken of. One case of a female officer conceal carrying where she wasn't allowed to had shot a suspect firing up a theater right after the dark knight returns shooting. No mention.
>>
A week before the Pulse shooting, a similar attempt was foiled in a Dallas bar when a patron shot and attempted shooter.
>>
>>30649643
But if only they had guns. Oh hang on it might be a gun free zone.

What the fuck is a Gun Free Zone, what stops criminals from taking guns into this zone?
>>
>>30649691
Criminals and maniacs always follow the law. Ypu know that. We just need to cut to the chase and make murder illegal already. Common sense murder control
>>
>>30649617
Hows about a happening started and it was stopped by Civvies with guns killing them.

Fucking idiot, you're the problem with the argument and why people don't understand.

>it's an American retard on the internet being retarded again.
>>
>>30649712
i fucking know that tard, but i assume a gun free zone would be a park, play school or library the exact place a fucking massacre would happen!
>>
>>30649378
A security guard at an art gallery in Texas dropped two terrorists with AKs and bombs using only his sidearm, was just last year.
>>
>>30649691
>what stops criminals from taking guns into this zone?
Literally fucking nothing.
>>
>>30649595
the bloke had access to firearms though
>>
>>30650075
I don't get it?

>if you want to be an absolute cunt, do it here.
>>
>>30650147
That it's literally a sign that says "pls no bully" and it has no actual immediate force backing it beyond "if you had a gun here you would be in SO much trouble"

If someone is planning on killing themselves and taking as many innocents with them when they do, is the fact that they brought the gun there to do the murdering being illegal too going to actually change anything in any way what so ever in any reality or thought experiment?
>>
>>30650075
"hey tony that man man is killing children", "i'd stop him todd but i would loose the freedom to prevent children being killed if i drew my weapon".

>?

please explain.
>>
>>30650197
you sounded like you was trying to explain a point while riding a rollercoaster.
>>
>>30649798
And thus the veil known as "gun grabber logic" was lifted
>>
>>30650263
you better point me in the direction of "sense" because i'm a little lost in your point here.
>>
>>30650297
>>30650297

This is badly worded,sorry.
>>
Come to think of it, I'm on 4chan asking about shootings! 80% of American Shootings in the last 10 years have been by a person who frequents this site and 100% have been regulars to this Board.

>Arguing with crackpots.

Have a clip of a soccer manager who is the spitting image of Larry David.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WHuXEbsngGk
>>
>>30650504
No need to get salty brah
>>
>>30650504
The fucking mannerisms too!
>>
>>30650531
yeh my bad, sorry bro.
>>
File: test4.png (1 MB, 1875x779) Image search: [Google]
test4.png
1 MB, 1875x779
>>30650016
That was a police officer and he single shotted both of them with a revolver. FYI
>>
File: D_HARRY.gif (1 MB, 400x225) Image search: [Google]
D_HARRY.gif
1 MB, 400x225
>>30650630
>>
>2010
>disgruntled employee brings ak47, shotgun, and 3 pistols to my factory
>kills one of the bosses
>starts walking around shooting at everyone he can find
>one guy goes to his truck, gets gun
>returns fire in a hallway, is hit, escapes
>shooter is slowed, giving more people time to escape
>kills self shortly after as cops are arriving

Even though the dude who stood up to the shooter didn't get him (and was shot in the arm or upper chest i think), he probably saved lives by slowing the shooter down so the unarmed employees could flee without getting shot at.
>>
>>30649750
are you not paying attention to the thread?
>it's a foreigner that only knows what the inflammatory media makes a big deal about.
>>
>>30649378

I'll bite

http://controversialtimes.com/issues/constitutional-rights/12-times-mass-shootings-were-stopped-by-good-guys-with-guns/
>>
>>30649510
>2 parishioners were killed and 3 wounded when a gunman toting a Bushmaster AR-15 opened fire at New Hope Church. Hearing the rifle fire, Jeanne Assam grabbed her personal concealed carry firearm and confronted the gunman from a distance of 20 yards wounding him. As he lay on the ground trying to pull the pin on a hand grenade in the middle of the crowded auditorium, she fired three more times killing him

IIRC she later got kicked out of said church for being homosexual
>>
>>30649378
>The Vaughan Foods beheading incident occurred on September 24, 2014, when a man attacked two employees at the Vaughan Foods food processing plant in Moore, Oklahoma, United States, with a knife. Colleen Hufford was beheaded, while another employee, Traci Johnson, was stabbed and critically injured. The suspect, identified as 30-year-old Alton Nolen, who was fired from the plant prior to the attack, was then shot and wounded by Vaughan Foods Chief Operating Officer Mark Vaughan

It wasn't directly related to ISIS, but it's noteworthy.
>>
>>30649378
because law abiding citizens don't carry in "gun free zones"

what's your point, shithead?
>>
>>30649378
Well, now that we've established your passive aggressive faggotry backfired...
Name one time when an actual armed citizen of the Eurocucklands has stopped a terrorist attack or mass rape in recent years?
>>
>>30650197
The answer is obvious. Use the good old American tendency to sue in our favor for once.
Sue the absolute shit out of any store or government agency that calls something a "gun free zone" when it is later shown not to be and people die as a result.
The fucking "request" not to allow firearms, on which people detrimentally rely when they voluntarily disarm, is the proximate cause of their death if a shooter violates it absent any attempt from the sign poster to use due diligence to assure that the zone is in fact what they claim it to be.
Try putting "peanut free community bakery" on your signage and then trying to avoid a wrongful death by allergy lawsuit when you didn't actually do anything at all to guarantee that the snacks sold there don't have peanuts.
>>
File: mass_shootings_cockblocked.jpg (89 KB, 720x960) Image search: [Google]
mass_shootings_cockblocked.jpg
89 KB, 720x960
Much like "assault weapon," anti gun people keep changing the definition of "mass shooting"
>>
>>30649560
because the person planning to commit the crime has the advantage in both element of surprise and nobody else can shoot them without reasonable suspicion that they were going to commit said crime, so people who intend to stop a crime generally have less time to think about what to do than the person committing the crime.
>>
>>30655247
Shouldn't mass shooting be 3 or more people?
>>
>>30655302
Which leads to the paradox of, 'what mass shooting has ever been stopped by a person with a CC?'

If the person couldn't stop the shooter before the mass shooting obviously they are ineffective and dangerous, if they did, well, it is hardly a mass shooting, just a guy that was planning on shooting a bunch of people but was stopped. Maybe he might have gotten bored and walked off after two, who knows?
>>
>>30655302
3 or more DEAD is where i call it a mass shooting. Three or more criminals shooting each other is an "occupational hazard"
>>
File: 1424380921977.jpg (213 KB, 1453x1175) Image search: [Google]
1424380921977.jpg
213 KB, 1453x1175
>>30649440
Someone needs to photoshop one of these photos on that cover.
>>
>>30655247
I'm picturing antis zooming in on the "Every time" part of this and trying to use that to discredit the whole thing. Take that out and not compress this to fuck and back and you'd have a pretty good image to use.
>>
File: image.jpg (60 KB, 473x355) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
60 KB, 473x355
>>30649378
You're literally denser than a neutron star. Drink bleach, you window-licking abomination.
>>
File: 1465912332388.gif (995 KB, 257x194) Image search: [Google]
1465912332388.gif
995 KB, 257x194
>>30649426
>>
File: 1468544285360.jpg (100 KB, 770x730) Image search: [Google]
1468544285360.jpg
100 KB, 770x730
>>30649560
If a mass shooting or terror plot is stopped, it's no longer a mass shooting or terror plot and therefore not newsworthy which us why you have to dig an entire 5 seconds on Google to find stories from people who already did the research for your lazy ass
>>
>>30649378
The mall shooting up in Oregon. That was easy.
>>
>>30649378
But if they stopped a terrorist attack or a mass shooting, then there was no terrorist attack or mass shooting.

MUCH LIKE THESE:
http://controversialtimes.com/issues/constitutional-rights/12-times-mass-shootings-were-stopped-by-good-guys-with-guns/?utm_source=AFY
>>
Concealed carries stop mass shootings from happening all the time. Mass shootings in the media usually take place in gun free zones.
>>
>>30649378
>name one time the media broadcasts news that contradict their political opinions.

If an average-joe-guy saved 450 people with a single bullet from a conceal pistol, you can easily win a bet in Vegas that it will not be on the Evening News
>>
>>30649378
>Mass murder i.e School Shooting
I think you mean eg.Also why all the random capitals?IIRC someone in Seattle used a Judge to stop someone shooting up a place
>>
>>30656231

Meanwhile, if he was trans and did it with his new ax wound he'd be declared a hero by the media.
>>
File: kai.png (244 KB, 620x342) Image search: [Google]
kai.png
244 KB, 620x342
>>30656845
>>
>>30649378
I'd just like to add that most of the notorious mass shootings happen in gun free zones.

as a result no one can fire back and think more gun control will work

gun grabbers are retards
>>
There was a local case that made the news here in cincinnati. Some guy got into some kind of argument, either fired some shots or didnt (cant remember). Anyway, he went home to get a gun and come back to shokt everyone. Another guy there shot him dead. Ill look for a link later, im on my phone
>>
>>30649560
Most people don't or won't CC
>>
>>30654693
Not that guy, but there was the time last year when the two guys stopped the train attack in Belgum. Weren't they US Marines though?
>>
>>30657701
yes, but they didn't use a firearm. That's why you heard of the story.
>>
>>30649560
Less than 3% of Americans carry a gun on a daily basis. Of us concealed carriers, we avoid gun free zones, or don't carry where it is illegal. Gun free zones disarm victims, they don't deter a murderers. If 10% of us carried, every day, things would be different. An armed society is a polite society.
>>
>>30649560
> not trolling
Yes you are, nigger.
>>
>>30658227
>we avoid gun free zones, or don't carry where it is illegal
only if its local or federal government property. On private property, I'm carrying -- I don't care what the sign says.
>>
>>30649691

A gun free zone is not some magical barrier that prevents any and all guns from entering.
>>
>>30649485
Just 1 example would be the "Draw Mohammed" event in Texas one year ago. 2 ISIS dead, 1 security guard injured.
>>
>>30649378
Here you go.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/breaking/ct-uber-driver-shoots-gunman-met-0420-20150419-story.html
Thread replies: 92
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.