[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
922 r compliance on a MAK90
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4
I have a MAK90 that I'd like to outfit with a stock that isn't chunky like soup. I know that a stock set is 3 parts, and the gas piston, bolt and bolt carrier make the other 3 parts. I can find a piston, but I can't find a US-made bolt+carrier. Can anybody help a /k/ommrade out?

>inb4 US magazines or barrel change
>>
File: 1436666731838.jpg (180 KB, 517x768) Image search: [Google]
1436666731838.jpg
180 KB, 517x768
>>30649301
>922r
>>
>>30649323
Better safe than sorry
>>
>>30649301
stop wasting money and time. get the ironwood stock set. and nothing else.
>>
>>30649361
There is no way to prove whether a firearm is compliant or not.

The act which 922r defines as illegal is manufacture, and it is not illegal to own something which was manufactured in violation of 922r.

>Those parts are all foreign, aren't they?
>"I don't know, there's no way to tell."
>Did you configure the firearm like that?
>"This is how it came into my possession."
>>
>>30649428
The bolt carrier is serialized.
>>
>>30649301
was 922r even a thing when these entered the country?
>>
How much did you pay for your mak 90 op?
>>
>>30649301
>>30649361
You really, really, don't need to worry about 922r. Its only law to stop companies importing foreign guns which would hurt the domestic arms industry.

NO cop is EVER going to take your gun apart and check the parts to find out where they were made. They have better things to do like shoot more niggers
>>
>>30649517
It was an early 90's panic buy. Been trying to find the time to go to a range and start shooting again.

>>30649544
Whenever firearms are concerned, you don't give the authorities any excuses to arrest you.
>>
Bump. Anybody know where to get the bolt carriers+bolts?
>>
Get the ironwood set for sure. Make sure you've got a square cut reciever. That's 3 parts.

Normally, I'd just get a new trigger, but I like my chicom trigger. That would be 3 parts and you'd be good.

With the stock set you still need 3.
Piston is easy = 1
It's a mak so no threaded barrel...so no attachment
Maybe floor plate and/or follower? = 2

Or you could just do the trigger I suppose.
>>
>>30649323
Pretty much
>>
File: 922r-prosecution.png (22 KB, 1311x232) Image search: [Google]
922r-prosecution.png
22 KB, 1311x232
>>30649301
Magazines count as three parts.

You could put a Tapco G2 trigger in there, those are actually pretty decent.

>>30649361
Nobody has ever been convicted for 922r as a private person, never ever.

At the very most it's been used to pad charges.
>>
>What if cops see my non compliant ak guize D:

Niggas cops only fucking enforce common law, I've had cops ask me how to ship firearms across the country before, one thought he oculd just send it to his mom in florida as long as she didn't open it. Cops are sure as fuck not going ot know what 922r even is, let alone how to enforce it
>>
>>30649655
Fun stuff. I've been waiting to come across one priced lower then $800 but so far nothing in my area
>>
>>30649301
922(r) is for importers only.
>>
>>30650247

>shooting with cop friend
>he shows me a home made SBR AR-15
>shoot it for a while
>ask how long it took to get a tax stamp
>"nah man that law is just for shotguns, you can do whatever with a rifle"
>>
>>30650451
Maybe read the actual statute.
It applies to anyone who makes or imports a firearm.
>>
So, is anybody going to provide a source on U.S. made bolt carriers, or am I hosed?
>>
>>30650592
Maybe read the last time someone was charged with violating 922r - almost 20 years ago and it involved several dozen firearms.

Can't believe faggots on /k/ are still worrying about 922r.
>>
>>30650158
i would agree with this guy about the FCG. not only is that three parts, but the tapco or alg is pretty decent.
>>
>>30650158
>>30651499
Just curious, how easy is it to change the FCG? I'd like to keep the parts swaps simple so that I can restore the rifle to its original configuration if I want to sell it. Or does that also violate 922r?
>>
>>30650158

I'll back that up, have a Tapco G2 trigger in my converted Saiga, it's actually pretty nice
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.