[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /k/ I was going hunting this year and I wanted to take a
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: 500 S&W Magnum.webm (2 MB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
500 S&W Magnum.webm
2 MB, 640x360
Hey /k/ I was going hunting this year and I wanted to take a sidearm with me, only problem is it would be a bit financially painful for me to get a proper "hunting sidearm" like a S&W 686 or a Ruger GP100.

As it stands I have a Polish P64 pistol that I was thinking about using, but I don't know if that would be acceptable. Biggest thing around my area is black bear, and the average black bear I'm likely to encounter is going to be comparable in weight to a big negro, which I'm fairly confident the 9x18 round will drop with proper shot placement.

Thoughts?
>>
>>30643469
get a used .44
>>
SP101 then?
>>
>>30643469
Black bears are pussies you'll be good and bring a big knife as well
>>
>>30643469
Anything from spicy-loaded .38 special and upwards can ward off a black bear. They're like large, primarily docile dogs.
>>
>>30643469
Dude, just go hunting bears with what you got. Fuck the system.
Or do this >>30643502 blow those bears into straight jerky
>>
>>30643920
>Anything from spicy-loaded .38 special and upwards can ward off a black bear. They're like large, primarily docile dogs.

As someone who has killed dogs with a .38 special, I can confirm.
>>
>>30644460
Shit guys run its the ATF
>>
>>30643469
Buy a Glock 20, revolvers are expensive.
>>
>>30643920
Harsh words scare off a black bear tbhfam
>>
>>30646562
>Harsh words scare off a black bear tbhfam
So is a hunting sidearm even necessary or are they just memes?
>>
>>30646573
I think they're mess dude, just carry a little more ammunition for you primary.
>>
>>30646573
yes because boars and coyotes exist
>>
>>30643469
>I was going hunting
>but it would be
Did you go or not faggot, because you keep going from past to future
>>
>>30646573
I'm just saying for black bears, they're timid as shit and they're pretty much 100% guaranteed to run if you shout unless you're literally holding it's cub.

Coyotes and hogs are another story.
>>
You're not going to get in an encounter with a black bear.

If you're worried about it, get some bear spray. It's more effective than a firearm anyways and it's way cheaper.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.