[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /k/ any hunters around? i got a few questions.... I've
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 5
File: coyote.jpg (236 KB, 1000x667) Image search: [Google]
coyote.jpg
236 KB, 1000x667
Hey /k/ any hunters around? i got a few questions.... I've hunted for food before, but never for sport. A coworker is talking me into going coyote hunting. I don't have the equipment to take the pelt, or i would and i don't think i'm up for trying to cook coyote. The fuck do you do with it after the kill???? Just leave it or fucking what????

I've gotta crash but i'll be coming back to read responses and shit when i wake up
>>
>>30642230
hunting for sport is faggotry
>>
>>30642258
I wish I was a young, naïve little guy like you. I miss those days.
>>
>>30642272
keep trying to convince yourself how enlightened you are. you are a micropenised faggot.
>>
>>30642280
One day, you will be embarrassed by the nonsense you've posted.
>>
>>30642421
No he won't. He's just one of the many noguns shit posters that have been strongly reinforcing the day/k/are stereotype the last few days.
>>
>>30642258

So, you're a big fan, then?
>>
>>30642230
I gather up my coyotes after I've shot them, get a picture and then find an out of the way place to dump the bodies. If I got into it big time I would get some skinning equipment and sell the pelts.
>>
>>30642280
you cannot even stop thinking about dicks for even a second
>>
>>30642499
lol
>>
>>30642258
Coyotes are huge faggots who kill livestock and pets and fuck up deer reserves. They're breeding out of control in a few places because they have no competition and no predators.

Culling a few of them is a good thing.
>>
>>30642230
DO NOT EAT A COYOTE. Check with your state wildlife management, sometimes you can collect bounty depending on how the population is. I take teeth and dump the rest of the body unless I have someone who wants the pelt, in which case I give them the whole animal- I'm not skinning that, they're almost as filthy as bear.

>>30642258
You're a fag. Coyote are pieces of shit, I've lost two dogs to them.
>>
Kill every coyote you see, you can find places that will buy the body for around 50-75$, if you skin it yourself you can make over 100$ easy. Fuck those nasty fucks.
>>
>>30642258
anyone saying this must be a vegetarian, or a hypocrite.
>>
>>30642659

The more you kill, the more they breed. Quite amazing survivalists, they are.
>>
Why can't you eat coyote? I've seen a guy eat one before.
>>
>coyte pelt
Why? They look kinda mangy and gross.

>>30643183
I'm guessing they're full of parasites or some shit. Some animals are just dirty. Like, you wouldn't eat a street pigeon, would you?
>>
I live in Alaska and seeing a coyote in the wild is sort of rare. When I drove from Florida back to Alaska I saw more dead coyotes littering the highway all over the lower 48. There were a lot of dead ones in states with a lot of cattle. I didnt know it was that bad. What's weird is I did not see one wild pig or dead one.
>>
File: tmp_26602-hqdefault1724928744.jpg (23 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
tmp_26602-hqdefault1724928744.jpg
23 KB, 480x360
Op tired of other dogs getting all the bitches.
>>
>>30643268
Yes, very sorry for not culling them enough and letting them spread everywhere
t. Arizonan
>>
File: IMG_2172.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2172.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
>>30643407
I saw a lot of them in states like Montana and Wyoming.
>>
>>30643183

Carnivores aren't for eating, generally.
>>
>>30642258

This is true, but you have to draw a distinction between fat midwesterners going to Africa to shoot lions in a barrel, and culling pests and invasive species.
>>
>>30643491
Because they fucking migrate out of the southern states and sometimes interbreed with local wolf populations
>>
>>30642258
lol, I bet you think it's bad to shoot does too. Newsflash: taking a buck does shit-all to curb overpopulation. Deer here are so overpopulated that you can see them running through suburban towns visibly emaciated. They tear up the undergrowth, and eat all of the leaves. They make the woods uninhabitable to birds who are quickly killed by predators, and the same to the undergrowth. The dear population is almost ten times a healthy factor

a: the number of doe tags needs to be increased at least tenfold
b: tags need to be kept segregated and enforced, no taking bucks with doe tags
c: remove the ban on sunday, semiauto, dusk to dawn with night vision/thermal, and hunting from a vehicle permanently, as the number of deer taken every year needs to be increased
d: remove the ban on lasers and double the seasons temporarily, as the number of deer taken over the next 3-5 years needs to be increased dramatically
>>30642280
You are dumb, and if you think culling is unnecessary you may be actually retarded - maybe even liberally retarded.
>>
OP here.... Holy fuck i thought this thread would be dead and archived by now. So basically what i'm getting is, fucking dump them? And i wasn't planning on eating any coyote but my coworker apparently makes jerky out of them...
>>
>>30647007

If I were you I would build a pyre and burn them as a sacrifice to the Gods. Best case you gain a pagan God's favor and become lord of the forest; worst case you were going to dump them anyway and just wasted some time gathering wood.
>>
>>30642230
Depending on where you live some fur traders will pay you for the coyotes. I had a guy paying $20 per coyote. However with it being warm you might not have as much luck getting paid.
>>
>>30647040
Funny you say that..... I practice Odinism and that's not a terrible idea
>>
>>30647007
Yeah don't eat them dude, that's gross. But if you like skinning them you can make some good money on the thick winter furs, more of they are a redish hue.
>>
>>30647202

>Anon and his buddy snag a few kills
>Buddy offers to go and bring the truck around
>Comes back to find Anon naked except for his boots and a balaclava, drinking Stoli and chanting in Norwegian while setting fire to an 8 foot high pyre the coyote bodies are stacked on
>"Dude, what the fuck are you doing?"
>"Is...is this not what you normally do with them?"
>>
>>30643170
They breed regardless, but the less of them there are too breed the fewer offspring there will be
>>
>>30647274
Let's get primal up in this bitch!
>>
>>30647307

Actually it has been found to be quite the opposite. We tried to eradicate them off an island here(wealthy people losing their boutique dogs), but we found after we started thinning them out the size of the individual litters grew in number. 5 pups instead of 3, etc.
>>
>>30647369
Well, at least they're persistent.
>>
>>30647202
autism
>>
Op again. Alright, this all being said does anyone know any good hunting spots in western WA?
>>
File: QydVnQW.png (547 KB, 720x1280) Image search: [Google]
QydVnQW.png
547 KB, 720x1280
>>30643313
As a furfag, pretty much this.
>>
>>30647544
What the shit since when are there Furries on /k/?!
>>
>>30648305
>Being this new.
>>
>>30642230
You don't need 'equipment' to skin an animal. You need a medium-sized sharp knife.
>>
>>30648305
Hello newfriend
>>
>>30648305
Anon, you got some lurking to do.
>>
>>30648373
I guess I've just never paid attention.... I've been here for like 3 years
>>
File: 1433632828678.jpg (76 KB, 688x688) Image search: [Google]
1433632828678.jpg
76 KB, 688x688
>>30648305
>>
>>30648385
Or a golf ball, a rope, and a tree.
>>
>>30648452
A golf ball??? Explosive this fuckery
>>
>>30648462
Explain***" I'm on mobile
>>
>>30642258
go home
>>
>>30643599
That's the scariest fucking thing I've ever heard
>>
>>30648462
>>30648476
http://www.wideopenspaces.com/skin-deer-golf-ball-pickup-truck-video/
>>
>>30648526
That is exceedingly awesome ...... but what if I wanted the head on the pelt?
>>
>>30648385
No but you should have a stretcher and a flesh knife to do it right, so don't be a faggot.
>>
>>30643170
>if you kill them, they win
>>
>>30648496
You should hear your mom's bedroom noises
>>
As said earlier in the thread OP go check with your local Fish&Wildlife cops and see what the regulations are and such in your area. Where I am you can usually turn them in for a small sum of money because right now they're pest animals from being overpopulated.

One of the more popular ways the guys here do it are set out some meat at night and let them eat it while a blind is set up, next night do the same thing and more will show up and won't be as suspicious of your blind.
The first one to eat is the alpha bitch and when you shoot her the rest hang around and don't know what to do. Lots of dead coyotes at the end of the night.

Also they're pieces of shit, like a fox they'll kill more things than they eat and they'll eat your dog and cat no problem. Fuck coyotes.
>>
>>30649877
Looked at the local places that allow hunting (and I use the term local very loosely) and most of them don't allow blinds but that is an awesome idea
Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.