[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I havent seen a bug out bag thread in quite sometime. I need
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 76
Thread images: 8
File: bag.jpg (8 KB, 240x194) Image search: [Google]
bag.jpg
8 KB, 240x194
I havent seen a bug out bag thread in quite sometime.

I need to put one together. I work downtown so if weather or people are bad, what kinds of things should i have if I have to
a) stay
b) get out on foot

Are there any special heavy things i should keep in my car?
>>
>>30638221
>Buy a gun
>Buy some ammo
>Jack the first guy with a bugout bag you see
>Repeat if missing supplies
>Profit

Are you retarded?
>>
>>30638248
No
>>
>>30638267
So why ask this?
You are on a guns board, chances are you are better equiped and a better shot than 98% of the population. That is your survival skill.
>>
>>30638291
Because I dont have the mentality of a Black Lives Matter member/piece of trash

Im not going to shoot people if the roads are iced up (e.g. Georgia)
>>
>>30638359
Nigro, the fact you want a bugout bag means you gonna be running. If you are running from a major city, that rules out natural disasters, so this is a civil unrest/end-of-society situation.
You can kill people, they will either be chalked down to crime/looting, or there will be no cops left to even go that far. You won't be "bugging out" when the roads get icy or an earthquake hits.
You will be shooting your way out of a living hell, focus on what is going to actually help you out, basic supplies will be fucking everywhere if you are leaving within the first 3 days with a gun.
>>
Well, always, no matter fucking what, have first aid supplies. These are not only useful during bugout-level disasters but also in daily life. Just be sure to replenish if you use it for that. Also keep a good workhorse knife, one of those neat little batteries that charges your phone, some kind of blanket, some shit tickets, soap, water and subsistence food for 2-3 days, and, if at all possible, a handgun. Heavy car items, maybe a tent.

Specific to actually getting the fuck out, some solid working or milsurp boots that fit well, if that's not something you already wear for work, and possibly some of those traction fittings you can get for ice, and some sturdy, fitted work gloves.
>>
>>30638248

What the fuck is wrong with you?

>hurr just abandon morality are start the slaughter the moment a natural disaster happens
>>
>>30638438
Im disregarding him.
>>
File: image.jpg (42 KB, 960x413) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
42 KB, 960x413
>>30638438
>>30638546
see
>>30638393
>natural disaster
>bugging out
What, you gonna outrun a fucking earthquake?
If you are bugging out for real, morality is just a concept now. It has no basis in "law".

If we are talking about emergency supplies to keep in your appartment, I will take part.
>medical supplies -belt (pic related), kettle, scalpels, bandages, painkillers etc
>fiberglass, rubber, neoprene patches
>flare gun, emergency whistle, and batteries for phones etc
>MREs for a week
>Shotgun for potential looters if you live in Chimpout territory
>Survival blanket
>Helmet
>>
>>30638633
I never said earthquake
You dont even read. You just spew shit
>>
>>30638666
Name a situation other than civil unrest or the total collapse of society that would require a bugout bag.
>>
>>30638692
>>30638359
>the roads are iced up (e.g. Georgia)

You do not read
>>
>>30638790
>better run around on the ice instead of waiting somewhere safe for a few days

Kek, you are darwin's wet dream.
>>
Bugging out is a meme

You're better off bugging in with every situation other than a fire, flood, chimp out, or hurricane.

With the exception of the fire, you have plenty of advanced warning to leave safely and can just buy what you need in the next town/state.

You don't need a bug out bag for a fire, just a credit card for a hotel and then call the insurance company the next day

If society collapses, then your best bet is to get on your roof with your neighbors and shoot everything that comes on your street

Reminder to stay stocked up on water, canned food, and toiletries for bugging in.
>>
>>30641391
Earthquake. You can't rely on comfy hotels or warning, so bugging out would actually be a thing.

There's still no reason to bug out very far though, my planned destination is literally the curb by my house. I keep a sleeping bag, first aid kit, and a few bottles of water in my car. All disasters are pretty much accounted for with that.

I suppose I could go full autismo and throw in a box of hardtack that can stand baking in the sun all day and some water bricks and other shit. But the risk of having to awkwardly explain it to normies doesn't seem worth it on the <5% chance I see another real earthquake in my lifetime.
>>
>>30641350
you can't get somewhere safe is your car is stuck 30 miles from the nearest town and its getting dark.
>>
>>30641989
Why is your car 30 miles out of town and why are you not sleeping in it?

>>30641391
This. even the earthquake scenario >>30641971 presents, you're better off going to a hotel or aid station or shelter or something, not wandering around in the woods lugging around 10000000 rounds of .223 and a single piece of hardtack
>>
>>30641995
because i was in transit when the weather changed unexpectedly and there had been nothing about this in the forecast.

>why are you not sleeping in it?

ok it's morning and now there is even more fresh snow on the ground and your car is even more stuck. You have no bug out bag or supplies because you decided you didnt need it and you spent the night in your car freezing to death. You either ran your battery down completely using the heater or you are freezing and now you have to walk 30 miles in street clothes.
>>
>>30642002
>the weather changed unexpectedly
You couldn't read a forecast? You at no point though "hmm it's cold but not that cold, and pretty moist out. it's probably gonna snow at some point in the coming week"?

>ok it's morning and now there is even more fresh snow on the ground and your car is even more stuck.
Why do you not keep a shovel in your car? Are you retarded? I don't know anyone who doesn't keep a shovel and big snow brush in their car.

>now you have to walk 30 miles in street clothes.
Why didn't you bring a jacket? Are you stupid?

and seriously lmao
>"the roads are iced up"
>a fucking disaster that requires you leave town on foot to go live in the wilderness
Why are americans so incapable of dealing with snow?
>>
>>30641995
Hotels aren't a real fallback, especially with the ensuing fires after an earthquake. (or just a large fire for that matter I suppose, though you generally get more warning with them).

>>30642002
It's your own fault for living somewhere that the earth wants to kill you desu senpai. Winter is for suckers.
>>
>>30642016
>You couldn't read a forecast?

i literally told you that it wasn't on the forecast. forecasts are not 100% accurate. huge storms can form overnight.

>Why do you not keep a shovel in your car? Are you retarded? I don't know anyone who doesn't keep a shovel and big snow brush in their car.

>Why didn't you bring a jacket? Are you stupid?

so you do keep shit in your car for unexpected and you are fucking retarded for this argument?

get the fuck out
>>
>>30642026
My point is that you shouldn't be equipping yourself to live in the woods, you should get your car or bike or whatever and go to an earthquake shelter or something.

>>30642029
>keeping a shovel is the same as keeping an autistic bug-out bag
>wearing a jacket during winter is something only preppers can fathom
wew lad
>>
>>30642037
>being prepared for some things is fine
>being prepared for other things is autistic ans stupid

wew lad
>>
>>30642053
Yes, if you're preparing for a godzilla attack you're autistic.
>>
>>30642053
>>being prepared for other things is autistic ans stupid
Yes. Keeping thousands of rounds and bricks of hardtack and autistic tactical pens and shit in your car in case of a little bit of snow is autistic and stupid.
>>
>>30642053
Haha, i guess to ppl that go shopping in winter here and it's 36 in shorts and flipflops, i suppose a coat seems like prepping.
>>
File: 1467358484447.jpg (71 KB, 437x458) Image search: [Google]
1467358484447.jpg
71 KB, 437x458
Raifuman here OP
For a bugout bag get an alice pack that decent go cheap and get a second hand military one or go the extra mile and get something decent like a mystery ranch moutain ruck
Your pack should have:
-6 to 8 litres of water carriage
-a minimum of 72 hour worth of rations
-cold weather sleeping bag and bivi bag
-a hoochie with ocky straps and tent pegs
-1 spare set of clothes to change into
-wet weather gear and cold weather gear
-2 weeks of tolietries
-headlamp with batteries
-gas cooker (optional)
-8 chemlights of any colour
-some of those emergency rations
-medical supplies
Also look into a survival belt/webbing, that shoukd carry:
-2litres of water
-toggle rope
-snakebite and israeli bandage
-room to carry any ammunition you need, protip all ammo goes on yiur webbing not in your pack
-an emergency ration
-space blanket and lighter (optional)
-3 chemlights
-cam cream
-multitool/knife

The set up is heavy but you'll be able to dismount and cover a fair bit of ground with this loaout
>>
>>30642053
>>30642066
carrying a backpack that you can live out of for several days is not preparing for a godzilla attack.
>>
>>30638221
Memeout bags ignore water supply and tend to ignore the difficulties of innawoods survival
>>
>>30642173
Thinking you'll need a backpack to live out of for several days is autistic.
>>
>>30642222
really? i've had to use mine. my truck broke down in the mojave and if i didn't carry water in my pack i would have had real problems.
>>
>>30642206

what are iodine tabs
>>
>>30642232
>drank from a water bottle
Wow, that entire bugout bag sure came in handy.
>>
>>30642410
the two gallons of water i keep in my bug out bag over the two days i was in the desert.
>>
>>30642278
gross and stupid. you should just use a filter.
>>
>>30638248
Classic villain mistake, making enemies when you can make friends.
>>
File: image.jpg (27 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
27 KB, 500x375
>>30642425
>packs two gallons of water in autism bag
>can't use phone/truck radio

Wew lad

>>30642458
Really senpai? I thought the classic mistake was faltering, they have that moment where they don't kill the good guy to gloat.
>>
>>30642691
>implying your phone always works
>implying my trucks power being fucked doesn't also ruin chances of using the HAM or CB
>>
>>30642104
>mystery ranch mountain ruck
>$650
what the fuck
>>
>>30642700
>truck is "fucked"
So what, you blew a fuse or the battery ran down? As those are the only ways you will not be able to use the HAM, and you should have an auxillary power source, mate.
Also, invest in a satalite phone then, it is worth 30 bug-out bags as a truck driver.

Maybe if you are a fucking retard you need a bag, but for most people, it is autistic as fuck.
>>
>>30642738
kek you are fucking retarded.

"dont carry $50 worth of food and water spend thousands of dollars on satalite phones and other stupid shit"
>>
File: image.jpg (37 KB, 393x450) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
37 KB, 393x450
>>30642756
I am assuming you are too retarded to google your cell coverage before the trip.
I am also assuming you are incapable of basic electrical work and radio opperation.

Given both these facts, I do advise you buy a satalite phone instead of trying to organise a large number of food stuffs, along with their own expiry dates independant to one another, along with a sufficient storage area, presuming you can accurately estimate your time stranded.

You are literally finding more and more difficult solutions to easy problems. If you can't do basic shit in a truck you drive everyday for hours on end, you need a handler on speed-dial, not a backpack.
>>
>>30642712
It is literally impossible for american gun nerds to use anything normal or cost-effective. It can't be any backpack, it has to be a Mystery Ranchâ„¢ Mountain Ruckâ„¢. You can't just wear jeans or chinos, they have to be 5.11â„¢ Tacticalâ„¢ Pantsâ„¢. You can't use a bic ballpoint, it has to be pic related.

It's why "Common Sense" is such a power word to gun-grabbers; the concept of being sensible or reasonable is completely lost on american gun nerds. Tell someone they don't have to pay 67.99 on a baseball cap from Condor and it's like another fucking shoah

>>30642756
What's easier to do in case of an auto breakdown: resign to your fate and live in the woods forever, or use a satphone to call AAA?
>>
>>30638221
Some cash

A little backpack with food water first aid kit portable cell phone charger and a multitool, flashlight

If you carry then you should probably keep a few loaded magazines as well I wouldn't call it a big out bag, just some shit you should have in your car anyways.
>>
>>30642425
>managed to get stranded in the desert for two days in the modern era
you sound like a moron

maybe you should get a better phone plan, or, just stay off the road because you are apparently a moron who gets lost easily
>>
>>30642793
You're not wrong. Hell, I have a tote full of battle rattle but I'm not unaware that for the most part all that shit is just to make me feel like a badass. I really doubt I'll ever actually use it. Not saying people shouldnt be able to own it or that I didn't buy any of it solely because the man said I shouldnt.
>>
>>30642816
Are you from the city? There's plenty of huge areas in this country with fucking nothing in them.
>>
File: image.jpg (58 KB, 480x374) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
58 KB, 480x374
>>30642864
This is a presumably a major truck route. Which he knew he was going to be entering, at a certain time.

He managed to get lost for two days even in that situation. He is either 12, roleplaying, or Forest Gump's dumber twin.
>>
>>30642222
What you said is stupid.
>>
>>30642864
Yes. Stop going near those areas with nothing in them. You are apparently likely to wander into them and probably die.
>>
>>30642898
Wheres the fun in that.
>>
>>30638248
found the SHTF nigger
>>
>>30642997
We wuz suriverz an shiet
>>
File: axe head.jpg (34 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
axe head.jpg
34 KB, 640x480
Survival situations will require various tool heads. don't bring the handles, you can easily craft those with a knife.
>>
>>30642997
There would be people like him in that scenario. Just something to plan for. Also the first dickhead walking around with a plate carrier ballistic helmet with a nod and shiny ar looking like he's a CAG operator will be the first one to get killed and looted. I'd take survival advice from hobos before ever listening to most of the people on here.
>>
>>30643015
I'm the original nigro who posted that shit, and how could you plan for that?
Either you shoot everyone on sight anyways, or you gonna get shot by someone who just doesn't give a fuck about planning their own survival. Chances are the jails are emptied too, so I am a low entry on the chimp encounters spectrum.
>>
>>30643009
>hmm what should i bring with me in an emergency kit for getting out of danger right that second

>i know!

>an axe head. no handle tho

autism
>>
>>30643046
No, thats pretty much the plan. If it were the road levels of fucked up as you're implying getting shot doesn't seem all that bad, unless you want to live in a tin can underground for the rest of your life eating mres and jerking off in the dark
>>
If SHTF, you should probably move away from america because even in "peacetime" it's a bit of a violent shithole full of marauding raiders
>>
>>30643096
I have trouble seeing other countries taking in American refugees. Especially in this political climate. Fuck leaving anyways, assuming that ever happened
>>
>>30643088
So? Your answer is to eat your gun..?
>>
>>30638790
>Well shit, the road is icy. Better grab the bugout bag!
What do you think "bugout bag" means? It's clearly not the actual definition. A bugout bag is for when you have to bug out, as in leave. Run. You don't run in fear of an iced road, do you? A bugout bag is for when someone's coming for you and you need to fuck off quick.

If you're concerned about disasters or minor weather conditions, it's just a fucking toolkit or a survival bag.
>>
>>30643171
You're taking it out of context, we both agree that it's important to defend yourself. I made a comment about it being important to keep a low profile and not look like you're worth the trouble of looting. Jesus fuck anon.
>>
>>30643171
There is no single disaster that is likely to wipe out more than one whole state, province, or particularly small country at a time. If you can't stay home for whatever reason, there's always somewhere nearby to go and seek refuge for a little while, and it's not gonna be full on mad max shit because the roads got a little icy.
>>
>>30643185
It became a nomenclature, any tacticool molle backpack with an mre and leatherman in it is a "bug out bag"
>>
>>30638248
>when SHTF I will be nigger incarnate
>>
>>30638248
lol
>>
>>30642059
>>30642173
But i live on a coast....Godzilla is the king of the monsters....go go go Godzilla reeee
>>
>>30638692
post katrina - new orleans
>>
>>30641391
work in office downtown, live in suburbs 30 miles away, earthquake

I'll just bug in at my shitty office building that is unstocked with food and likely falling apart while nignogs loot all my cool shit at home and rape the wifey

or

grab bugout bag put on my shit-kicking boots and hump it the fuck out of shitty disaster zone to my comfy abode and enjoy sweet disaster head while sniping looters from my couch
>>
>>30643185
A bugout bag is for natural disasters too you idiot. That is what every government calls it when they list the emergency supplies people should have to keep them going for 3 days in a disaster.

What the hell is with this thread, everybody should have a bug out bag. All it means is a backpack or box in your car with emergency stuff for a few days tailored to where you live and the likely disasters.
>>
Fug this thread is one of the most aids filled I have read in a while.

Real talk, don't forget toiletries, basic hygiene, and change of clothes, including multiple socks/underwear, and a decent pair of boots.
>>
>>30638221
This thread is fucking cancer. OP, you deserve better than these contrarian faggots. Buy a USMC ILBE assault pack, put in a sawyer water filter, a couple bottles of water, IFAK, some field stripped MREs, knit hat, gloves, headlamp, flashlight, batteries, some cash, ID, firestarting equipment, knife/ multitool, whistle, signal mirror, extra hiking socks, warm coat. Whatever else you can think of. If some contrarian says that it won't all fit, buy some MOLLE pouches or learn to pack better you jabroni.
>>
>>30642104
Why so many chemlights?
>>
>>30646728
Because he is a Dayz roleplayer.
Thread replies: 76
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.