[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Roland Deschain`s revolvers
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 5
File: G9JWFZQ20yE.jpg (323 KB, 1200x886) Image search: [Google]
G9JWFZQ20yE.jpg
323 KB, 1200x886
Pls can anybody identify model?
>>
So they really made him a nigger?
>>
1858 cartridge conversions
>>
>>30630192
hopefully the movie flops
>>
>>30630210
So the Gunslinger now uses Remington revolvers?

Popular opinion was that he uses some form of classic Colt Peacemaker.
>>
File: Tumblr_lstjswqNEh1qg533to1_500.jpg (68 KB, 500x383) Image search: [Google]
Tumblr_lstjswqNEh1qg533to1_500.jpg
68 KB, 500x383
>>30630258
>>
File: 2016-07-15 09.40.08.jpg (36 KB, 637x635) Image search: [Google]
2016-07-15 09.40.08.jpg
36 KB, 637x635
>>30630169

>Roland Deschain repeatedly described as a tall, lean, weathered man calling to mind a young clint eastwood but a face that very much resembles stephen king's

>hire a black british guy
>>
>>30630169
They are one-offs made from Excalibur's steel.
>>
>>30630169
Hes roaming the wasteland. Why in the hell is his wearing clean, fresh pressed, designer clothes? He looks like he is attending his daughter's catillion.

Better grit that mother fucker up.
>>
Supposedly the movie is a sort of 'sequel' to the books, not an actual adaptation... either way I'm going to see it and hate myself afterwards.
>>
>>30630169
they look like remington new army, but with cartridge
>>
>>30630192
Not only does it not fit the description of the character in the books, race actually becomes an issue later on when they introduce Susannah/Oddetta/Detta.
>>
>>30630590
They completele removed characters of Susannah and Eddie from the movie adaptations.
>>
>>30630383
If this is true, no one involved in the production actually read the books.
>>
Drawing of the Three
>half a book of nothing but Roland being called a white bread honky cracker

I actually liked that actor in Pacific Rim
And he can pull off the stoicism of Roland but it's taking a straight shit on the source material and garenteeing that a true adaption will never happen.

If someone was going to do Dark Tower it should have been HBO picking it up when GOT ended and keeping it reasonably true to the books
>>
File: darktower.jpg (335 KB, 1600x956) Image search: [Google]
darktower.jpg
335 KB, 1600x956
>>30630258
They were like Colt Walker-sized Single Action Army revolvers.

Also the costume looks completely retarded.
>>
>>30630693
>two of the most important characters in the fucking series
>one is the goddamn surrogate mother of his king Arthur/Mordred offspring who is a major antagonist
>removed so the main character could be black

Fuckin dropped.
>>
Goddam trash bullshit in the name of diversity.
>>30630383
>"Oh its the sequel it takes place after the books so its fine hes black and all the main characters are retconned"
Go fuck yourself
Even if that made sense, your a faggot and didnt read the books SPOILER the whole thing is a endless loop for roland in an eternal purgatory where he's used to save existence.

This is going to be Avatar: the last airbender levels of bad.
>>
Also the story sucks after part 2. Fuck, only the first one is actually readable.
>>
>>30631177
I tracked it up to the last book. Then I got angry and have never stopped being angry
>>
>>30631197
Pretty fucking much.
>>
Elba would have been perfect pick for Randall Flagg in The Stand. Roland? I honestly don't know any contemporary actor in his 30-40s with that kind of cold stoic clintwoodesque demeanor.
>>
>>30631322
Closest popular actor is john hardy. But no, they had to choose a black guy for muh diversity. Elba is such a shit actor too, same shit demeanor and mumble words in everything he plays.
>>
File: ilGRAtB.jpg (51 KB, 566x516) Image search: [Google]
ilGRAtB.jpg
51 KB, 566x516
>>30630169
>mfw people whine about all the "white washing" in hollywood
>>
>>30630169
Those grips better be sandalwood under his hands.
>>
>>30631162
I'm a faggot because I said what the director of the movie said? Use the fucking internet and see for yourself. Stephen King also said that's what they are doing with the movie. In regard to your spoiler, that's how they're trying to make the whole "sequel" work. He has the Horn of Eld in the movie, so it's basically going to be his next journey, trying to do things right once again.

>>30630694
See my above reply in regard to how it's a "sequel".
>>
>>30632249
Yeah your still a faggot cause thats not how a sequel works. You dont get to part two and the main character is now black. Your a faggot for arguing for the shymalalalalan-ing of another story.
>>
>>30632295
You sound like an ignorant liberal. "Someone explained what another person said, so they must wholeheartedly support it."
>>
>>30630291
Stephen King, the writer of the books, and thus the ultimate stamp of authority on the matter, gave his approval.

What more do you want?
>>
>>30630169
Hi-point
>>
>>30632891
Tbhfam Steven King has become or always was a huge sjw faggot
>>
>>30632947
Ok.
And if that matters to you, why do you read his books?
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.