[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Would a Javelina have stopped the truck in Nice?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4
File: Javelin_2-960x400[1].jpg (69 KB, 960x400) Image search: [Google]
Javelin_2-960x400[1].jpg
69 KB, 960x400
Would a Javelina have stopped the truck in Nice?
>>
>>30626255
Yes. Was there a point to this?
>>
only if they were a few kilometers away watching from a hill or something, police having Javelins would not have stopped the attack
>>
it's designed to stop tanks. I would hope it could stop a truck
>>
File: Javelina.jpg (90 KB, 300x200) Image search: [Google]
Javelina.jpg
90 KB, 300x200
>>30626255
No, Peccaries cannot stop trucks.
>>
>>30626255
>Javelina

I assume this is the female variant of the Javelin?

Anyways, it obviously could stop the truck, although you'd need a clear line of sight; something that probably wasn't available at the time. You also have to take into account how long it would take for someone to attach the CLU to the missile and acquire solid tracking gates on a moving target. Basically, they'd have to have known it was coming anywhere from 30-45 seconds before the truck plowed into the crowd.
>>
File: 1468555547570.jpg (56 KB, 546x490) Image search: [Google]
1468555547570.jpg
56 KB, 546x490
It would have stopped the truck, and gotten a better kill count in the process.
>>
I don't think it would stop the forward momentum of the truck unless you got a lucky hit on the axles, and even then you just caused even more casualties by using it, whether from the explosion, shrapnel, or the truck itself getting launched into the air and spreading flaming debris everywhere, while the grenades and ammo that were found inside of it all go off as well.
>>
>>30626613
Beat me to it
>>
That thing couldnt stop a dick pic in a barbie crib let alone a damn truck
>>
>>30626613

You're just not using enough of them.
>>
>>30626255
What was the make of that truck btw? If it was Japanese then you're SOL, apart from its normal appetite of random civvies, it does not give out a pussypass nor they care if you are the eponymous character in the story.
>>
File: image.jpg (120 KB, 640x300) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
120 KB, 640x300
>>30626255
Somebody should've open carried this.
>>
oh yeah it would have, but it still would have killed all those people in the process
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.