[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
First time poster, /k/. I'm about to get fired in two weeks
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: 1468369370868.jpg (150 KB, 625x504) Image search: [Google]
1468369370868.jpg
150 KB, 625x504
First time poster, /k/. I'm about to get fired in two weeks and am low on funds. But while I still have some money, I think I should buy a handgun before things get any worse in this country, for my own defense. After a lot of research, I've decided to go with the Glock 19. I think it will give me the most bang for my buck. Can anyone give me any pointers before buying it, such as which qualities to look for or the like? Also, which bullets should I stock up on, as in weight and model? Thanks.
>>
>>30625011
It's a decent choice. Just look for the typical stuff, like rust, pitting, and decent rifling in the barrel.

I carry Hornady Critical 115 grain, but there are plenty of other good rounds out there like Speer Gold Dot and Federal HST. It's mostly up to personal preference.
>>
>>30625114
Dont glocks have polygonal rifling? Isnt that hard to eyeball the condition?
>>
>>30625114
>>30625137
I'm planning on buying it new. I heard block 19s are double springed, thus allowing it to absorb more of the kick.
>>
>>30625011
While any gun is better than no gun, a Glock 19 gen 3 or 4 is a fine choice. Regular hollow points may or may not penetrate thick clothing properly which may be a factor if you live in a cold climate. Modified hollow points or soft points may be a better option. Full metal jacket will penetrate the best and feed flawlessly but you will have to be an excellent shot. Generally you want the fastest, heaviest bullet you can get, with fastest taking priority (kinetic energy = mass x velocity x velocity). That being said, after of buying a box of really good ammo, you may want to buy mid-grade ammo in bulk so you have some to practice with and in case SHTF. Your wallet will hate you.

I have other questions though: why are you getting fired and why did they tell you so far in advance? Is it a seasonal layoff thing? Why are you prioritizing guns over everything else? I just got fired and hired somewhere else so my money's real tight right now too. I've put all gun purchases on hold until I build my bank account back up.
>>
>>30625011
The G19 is a great handgun. I carry gen 3 g19 everyday.
>Can anyone give me any pointers
When you buy it don't just buy it and never shoot it. Try to go to the range semi-regularly and if it's your first gun then do take a class or learn from someone you trust. No matter what carry/self defense ammo you buy test it out in your gun to make sure it functions.

>which bullets should I stock up on
I carry 124grain Speer Gold Dots. I don't know whether they're the best but they function fine in my gun and I trust them.

Oh and for the love of god, don't "customise" it at least not until you have a thousand rounds or so through it and think to yourself "you know this is a good handgun but if it just had ____ it'd be that much more good" just don't buy stuff early is all I'm sayin. If you wanna buy something for it buy extra magazines and ammo for it can never have too much ammo. Might wanna stop buyin mags after like 5 total.

>>30625137
>Dont glocks have polygonal rifling?
They do

>Isnt that hard to eyeball the condition?
It doesn't. it's incredibly easy to tell even with the special snowflake rifling if something is fucked up in there.
>>
>>30625164
You are incorrect. Though with good grip, you will avoid issues.
>>
>>30625181
Really? Then why did my G19/26 come stock with dual recoil springs?
>>
File: 1468547606107.gif (694 KB, 206x206) Image search: [Google]
1468547606107.gif
694 KB, 206x206
>>30625168
>I have other questions though: why are you getting fired and why did they tell you so far in advance? Is it a seasonal layoff thing? Why are you prioritizing guns over everything else? I just got fired and hired somewhere else so my money's real tight right now too. I've put all gun purchases on hold until I build my bank account back up.

It's a temp position that's ending a couple months earlier than anticipated. So I only have three more paychecks left until I'm out of the job. Honestly, I've been putting a lot of thought into purchasing a firearm for the past couple of years, and now that I finally have some money to spend, I think now is a great time to buy one, especially considering what's been going on throughout the country. I think it's time for me to become a true man and take responsibility for my own life and safety.

Can you recommend any good quality and mid-quality bullets for me to purchase in bulk?
>>
when another president like putin meets with the United States president, how does the security procedure go? SS checks putin or whomever it be and his guards? What about when US president goes to another country? How does security work? Could putin hide a pocket pistol and use it? What would happen if Putin knocked out Obama?
>>
>>30625308
Dude they fuck eachother in tje butt why would he knock himbout.
>>
>>30625011
how about a police trade in? or even brand new .40s everyone is dumping chrap?
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.