[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
for the owners of this, what does /k/ think of this gun. I like
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 6
File: badger.jpg (53 KB, 848x600) Image search: [Google]
badger.jpg
53 KB, 848x600
for the owners of this, what does /k/ think of this gun. I like the simplicity of the little badger and its pretty cheap for simple plunking
>>
I'd rather get the X-Caliber or double badger.
>>
File: 1415341529058.jpg (26 KB, 400x562) Image search: [Google]
1415341529058.jpg
26 KB, 400x562
>>
>>30619859
Sheeeit I thought Hi-point made ugly guns.
>>
File: 21155.jpg (18 KB, 825x195) Image search: [Google]
21155.jpg
18 KB, 825x195
honestly, just from fondling them at gunstores, I can assure you they are retarded.

they don't collapse comfortably (the angle is wider than it should be), they have a bunch of useless heavy metal bits (side rails? you fucking serious?) and the controls are clunky.

just get a 10/22 lite or something instead. 1 more pound in exchange for not being a pointless and retarded gun.
>>
>>30619859
It's cheap and it's single action.

That's about it.
>>
Unless you live in Canadia, just use a handgun baka
>>
>>30619859
They should have just dropped the hinge down an inch or so to make it fold correctly.

Sort of shocking they didn't since it's such an easy modification of the design.
>>
Its neat but I like the AR7 survival .22 much better.
>>
>>30620167
>they have a bunch of useless heavy metal bits (side rails? you fucking serious?)

the rails are plastic, you fucking retard
>>
So why one should buy this and not just a 10/22?
>>
>>30620258
10/22s Are overpriced, overpopular, and really super gay. A savage 64 does the same fucking thing and it is 200 dollars cheaper.
>>
>>30620208
>the rails are plastic, you fucking retard

I might be thinking of the double barrel version; one of the pieces of shit this company makes uses metal rails. Either way, what kind of inbred would buy a $100 barebones breakdown rifle and actually mount something to it? and why is there one on the grip???
>>
>>30620268
Poorfag detected
>>
>>30620208

>plastic rails

Great, that is totally better. Thanks for clearing that up
>>
Love it love it love it. I got one in 17HMR as a gift and bought a used one in 22LR.
Lightweight, slide in a bugout pack just fine.
Both mine are very accurate and have AR-style iron sights.
The rails are there if you want to add an optic, which is most likely not the case with the intended function of this gun, but hey, there's no downside to the rails, so why not? Nice to have the option for optics.
No, it doesn't fold into an umbrella tube. Neither does the 10/22. Do I care? No. It's light, very light, and flat, very flat, and goes into a backpack or behind a truck seat just fine.
All guns have an ideal use. I can see choosing this one where a 10/22 or other model wouldn't be ideal, and vice-versa.
Seriously, sometimes the criticisms on here are like "well, an open end wrench is better than a box end, and I think claw hammers suck and ball peens are where it's at."
>>
>>30620201
My wife wants one, but I can't get over that oversize ridiculous stock. It looks like you're holding an inflatable traffic cone while aiming down a drinking straw.
>>
>>30620335
You're right. It's very awkward to shoot at first but you can get used to it pretty quick. I think the thing it has over the Badger is the 8 round mag for a follow up shot on wiley small game.
>>
File: Ruger-10-22-Takedown_001.jpg (60 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
Ruger-10-22-Takedown_001.jpg
60 KB, 600x400
>>30620316
>All guns have an ideal use. I can see choosing this one where a 10/22 or other model wouldn't be ideal, and vice-versa.

10/22 breakdown is semiautomatic, is more compact when broken down, and only weighs a pound more. I could not possibly imagine a situation where a bargain-bin single-shot .22 with an extremely uncomfortable skeleton stock would be better.
>>
>>30620189
You can remove the bottom rail and it folds a bit better, but it's still not perfect.
>>
>>30620377
>You can remove the bottom rail and it folds a bit better, but it's still not perfect.

wouldn't that make it weird to aim? I dont see why they didn't just make it a side-folder
>>
>>30620208
>>30620271
>>30620287
The Little Badgers rails are metal, the front sight is plastic though.

>t. Guy who bought and quickly sold one
>>
>>30620383
Not really, you could just take them all off as well if it feels odd to you missing just one. I'm sure people paracord wrap them too.

What I don't get is why they didn't just make it a takedown with an easy to pop out captive pin, similar to the M6.
>>
>>30619859
NO EJECTOR

You have to open and fold the rifle almost completely for the extractor to push the brass up to where you can pick it up.

I hope you guys don't like follow up shots.
>>
>>30619859
>Chiappa
They are really good at making ugly, undesirable guns.
>>
>>30620179

even in Canada its useless, we are flooded with cheap non restricted guns
>>
>>30620366
ive heard people say their is enough aftermarket parts to build your own 10/22. is the same true with the takedown?
>>
>>30619859
Why the fuck does it have a rail behind the trigger guard? Just to fuck your palm's shit up? Do they think people are going to attach a grip there and just totally ruin the folding feature even more?

The only reason I could think of for one of these is to fold up inside the cockpit of your Cessna, but pretty much anything other lightweight .22 would be better, even if they are a little heavier.
>>
>>30620316
Found the guy that works at Chiappa
>>
>>30619859
>Single shot capacity
>nothing it does that isn't done better with the break down 10/22
Admittedly the lil' badger is sort of "neat"
but when there's options like the breakdown 10/22 or the Marlin papoose. i don't see any reason to want a badger unless your an ausfag and it's your only choice
>>
>>30619886

I really wanted the double badger. I wanted a .410 anyway and I like how the Double Badger looks. Then I handled one at a gun show. The fit and finish was appalling.

Might still buy it if I ever see one at a reasonable price though.
>>
>>30619859
It's a cute little rifle. Fairly neato trigger. Light as fuck. Just wish they made a handgun version so I could a liberator-tier .22.
>>
>>30621216
This.
>I have 200 dollars and want a cheap
SHUT UP BUY SKS
>cheap plinker...
SHUT UP BUY SKS
>to go onnacrownland
SHUT UP BUY SKS
>I need a gun for home defense
SHUT UP BUY *AHEM* sorry, was on autopilot there. Buy a shorty shotgun. Faggot.
>>
File: rcmp.jpg (86 KB, 608x626) Image search: [Google]
rcmp.jpg
86 KB, 608x626
>>30624263
excuse me lad but using firearms for home defense is illegal in Canada
>>
File: safety_always_off.jpg (41 KB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
safety_always_off.jpg
41 KB, 480x270
>>30624384
Not true, officer DoRight.
Harper's parting gift, the Common Sense Gun Bill gave us castle law, and precedent has already been set. Twice.
Bet that sure sticks in your filthy mountie craw, huh?
>>
>>30619859
Bicycle rifle
>>
It's accurate, well built, reliable, folding, 150 bucks, threaded, railed, and is awkward as fuck to aim and reload.

Excellent first gun to train your long range skills or keep a cheap bunny pew in the bug out bag.
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.