[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Helmets
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 7
File: MICH.jpg (32 KB, 500x439) Image search: [Google]
MICH.jpg
32 KB, 500x439
What's the advantage of the sort of earless cut that a lot of SOF are using for helmets these days over MICH?

Both will fit Peltors or whatever under the helmet, right? What makes that style so appealing?
>>
>>30617296
lighter, look cool. Some guys use full MICH still also, might just be preference.
>>
File: 1468026373747.jpg (161 KB, 750x1125) Image search: [Google]
1468026373747.jpg
161 KB, 750x1125
What about these helmets?
>>
>>30618365
That's some cool ass shit, not gonna lie
>>
basically weight and more comfortable with communication devices such as headphones
>>
Airflow. Ever worn an ACH with a set of peltors for 12-24 hours? Supposedly the balistic protection is the same or comparable.
>>
>>30618365
Dat revolver.
>>
>>30619990
Just noticed it. Dayum.

>WE WUZ GUNSLINGERS AN' SHIEET
>>
The high cut MICHs and the Ops Core Fast helmets accommodate the PELTOR Comtac III headsets better due to the ARC rail mounts. Wearing a headset under a regular MICH apparently it's uncomfortable after long periods of time, also the high cut helmets weigh less and have the same NIJ Lvl-IIIA protection. All in all I think in boils down to your comfort and preference or budget.
>>
so, talk to me, /k/

help out and old man

grew up on PASGT, used ACH towards the end of my time in The Green Machine

the ECH intrigues me and I might buy one if they were easy to find on the private market, especially with the Marine style straps
>>
>>30622408
It's just a fucking ACH, it's a little bit lighter, has a leather chinstrap, and a TBI sensor. That's literally fucking it, it's just a helmet and you (unless you're a lying faggot) know damn well how it is to wear a helmet all day long.

You guys go nuts over the dumbest shit.
>>
>>30618365
Those are specifically designed for counter terror, they're ulbricts zentorio helmets, will stop a bullet from every direction as opposed to most kevlar. Can't seem to find one to buy though ;-;.
>>
CDI factor
>>
>>30622432
jesus, dude, no reason to be a dick. like, i can take it, but goddamn, did you have a bad day or something?

i came here looking for info for a reason

> namely, didn't know about -- uh ... TBI sensor???

but i mean, actually, yeah I've said it frequently that it's kinda cool to have been an 11M. not worth lying about, not high speed enough that people are like "yeah this guy is fucking lying, every tome dick and harry appears to have been ranger / SF"

thought ECH was heavyier but provided better protection, tho?
>>
>opinions?
http://soldiersystems.net/2016/03/28/3m-ultra-light-weight-ulw-ballistic-bump-helmet-now-available-for-purchase/

>>30622588
nice dubs, nice typo
>>
>>30622588
11M doesn't exist anymore and you're talking to a deployed 11B who's looking at Ranger school in about 9 months..

There isn't much weight difference, ECH feels lighter and has a sorta balance that is more comfortable. The TBI sensor records when you hit your head hard and it is used in research and incase you to get a concussion it is proof of the severity.
>>
>>30622839
>11M doesn't exist anymore
no shit, Sherlock? neither does 11H

I called myself a geriatric for a reason

I knew what TBI stood for, since I was getting them during the era when the Army didn't give a fuck

that's pretty cool about them caring enough now to track them via your helmet, hence me being interested in there being an installed sensor
>>
>>30622839
and you're talking to a deployed 11B who's looking at Ranger school in about 9 months..

HA HA HA HA
>>
File: image.jpg (138 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
138 KB, 500x375
>>30622839
>you're talking to a janitor that may go to ranger school

TFYS faggot
>>
File: kek.jpg (12 KB, 385x278) Image search: [Google]
kek.jpg
12 KB, 385x278
>>30622839
>and you're talking to a deployed 11B who's looking at Ranger school in about 9 months..
>>
File: MSA ACH.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
MSA ACH.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
This one's pretty neato (there's nothing special about it)
>>
>>30622993
>>30623017
>>30623019
god im glad that line of his got under you guy's skin as well

I was like "huh? that's like asserting considering SFAS (or whatever they call it nao) makes your an SFer to whome I should somehow defer"

i only brought up .mil to contextualize perspective on helmets, pl0x don't mockingly thank me for serving
>>
>>30623051
Shut the fuck up, you attention whore. No one cares about your assessment.
>>
>>30623019
>people falling for a troll post

Do pushups.
>>
>>30623099
whatever you missed the get by one post
>>
File: feeding.gif (484 KB, 166x133) Image search: [Google]
feeding.gif
484 KB, 166x133
>>30622839
deployed 11B

lol people on line using the only MOS they know
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.