[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Worst place to be shot?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 7
File: airplane.jpg (539 KB, 893x690) Image search: [Google]
airplane.jpg
539 KB, 893x690
Is it worse to be shot in the head or through the heart? Which is more fatal? If you had to choose where to be shot, where would you take it? How about the most painful?
>>
not everything in a head is strictly vital, and the skull is a bone with a complex shape.
but depending on what kind of caliber we're talking, the question may be just open casket or closed.
>>
>>30611805
>Fuck you, you son of a bitch, now it's my turn

When you hear that off your mark, you should know that you've made a very poor decision.
>>
>>30611731
cleveland
>>
File: likeigiveafuck.gif (2 MB, 420x218) Image search: [Google]
likeigiveafuck.gif
2 MB, 420x218
>>30611731
gut shots and femur fractures sound particularly horrible
>>
The head is designed to protect itself. Doesn't withstand bullet velocity but sometimes it does. Heart is also guaranteed death but you technically can still live a little bit after. Painful I'd go for the knee, major artery or abdomen.
>>
>>30611731

Any penetration of your heart is pretty much going to be ultimately fatal.
Very shallow penetration can prevent you from being quickly incapacitated, but destruction of your heart is lights out no matter what in 5-10 seconds maximum.

Your head has a nice hard skull protecting it, and people have had their skull penetrated and survived.
>>
There is no safe place on the body where you can be shot and expect to survive for sure, except maybe the buttocks, shot from the side.
>>
>>30611731
>More fatal
read a book
>>
>>30611731

THROUGH THE HEART

AND YOU'RE TO BLAME
>>
File: 61779235.jpg (109 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
61779235.jpg
109 KB, 400x400
>>30611875
>>
File: download.jpg (6 KB, 300x168) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
6 KB, 300x168
>>30611878
Well, we all hear about turning themselves into carrot sticks from headshots. But, I have only ever heard heart was a done deal. Just wanted to get a quick answer from the /k/ommandos.
>1990+26
>still using books
>>
>>30611879
YOU GIVE GUNZ
>>
File: 20151223_125835.jpg (1 MB, 2560x1536) Image search: [Google]
20151223_125835.jpg
1 MB, 2560x1536
>>30611976
Apparently you don't understand the definition of fatal:
Pertaining to or causing death; denoting especially inevitability or inescapability of death.
Or
deadly, mortal, lethal & fatal mean causing or capable of causing death.

I don't think something can be more fatal

Dead is dead,
>read the interwebs then
>>
>>30611731
It depends on caliber really. For example, getting shot with a .22 in the head will allow the bullet to bounce around in the skull and turn the brain into mush. Gettinf shot in the chest near the heart and lungs can also be fatal eith larger calibers, for example a shitgun blast to the chest is probably worse than a shotgun blast to the face if say you shot from like 10yards away (more pellets will hit on target in the chestx than a smaller target like the head.) I feel almost all rifle calibers would all pretty much incapacitate instantly if you shoot them in the head. Whilsy handgun cartridges id aim for the body
>>
>>30612283

You're kind of right, kind of wrong. There's some inaccuracies but they're reasonable. This irks me.
>>
>>30612061
A BAD NAME
>>
>>30612375
I was just trolling when i said the whole ".22 makes brain into mush". But everything else is from what i know spot on. My ex gf has a gang banger brother. She was walking with him one day and her brothers opposition performed a driveby and she got shot in the head, the bullet ricoched off her fucking skull and she survifed. Now i fucking guarantee you if they shot her with a rifle, she'd be dead meat. Pistol and shotgun = aim for center mass. Rifle = also aim for center mass, but headshots are ALMOST guaranteed to kill 100% of the time depending on angle.
>>
File: 1234456423.jpg (44 KB, 700x394) Image search: [Google]
1234456423.jpg
44 KB, 700x394
>>30611731
Dick and balls.
>>
>>30611731
Best would be an asscheek. All fat and some muscle. No arteries to worry about. Plenty of room for deceleration and for fragments to be contained within in it. 10/10 would get shot in the ass.
>>
>>30611875
If you were shot in the ear, nose, or any part of the body at a severe angle, you certainly would survive unless you got an infection or something.
>>
>>30612513
*Sick Guitar Riff*
>>
>>30612593
This guy gets it. Death? Pshhhhhh.
>>
>>30612527

And that's what I meant, too. But, wanna hear a funny story?
>>
Gutshot is the worst.
Unless you're near a hospital, you will die.
You will die slowly, painfully, and shitting out your guts from every old and new orifice.
>>
>>30613185
Go on...
>>
>>30611731
Look into Phineas Gage and prepare to be amazed at the cranial trauma a human can survive.

Damage to the heart, not so much.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.