[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So I took my Century Arms VZ2008 out to the range and have put
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: 20160709_233434.jpg (3 MB, 5312x2988) Image search: [Google]
20160709_233434.jpg
3 MB, 5312x2988
So I took my Century Arms VZ2008 out to the range and have put a total of around 300 rounds through it. When I was cleaning it I found that there was what appeared to be excessive wear on the rails the bolt rides on. This can't be normal wear for this rifle right? Should I be worried at all about this?
>>
does the bolt move freely in the gun without noticeable friction/hangup? if so, then just keep an eye on it to make sure it doesnt wear more (i doubt it will)
>>
>>30611714
Well the bolt will hang up half way closed if you let the bolt down softly, but that was an issue from day 1. Other than that it's fine in that regard. My concern is that this wear is pretty substantial (when you run your finger over it you can feel the loss of metel) for only having like 300 rounds through it.
>>
>>30611676
I've had a vz2008 completely size after only 1k rds. They are hit or miss. The vz58 is like a totally different rifle. If you have a chance to get one, grab it.

Luckily, I was able to sell my 2008 for what I paid (after 'fixing it, the best I could).

Sometimes you find a great one. Alot of times you get a turd rifle.

And this is coming from a huge fan of czechnology.

I hope yours holds up well for you.
>>
>>30611811
Completely seize not size

>Fuck you autocorrect.
>>
>>30611811
How exactly did it seize?
>>
I have a VZ2008 and I just checked and it has those same wear marks. I've had mine for years and have abused it to hell and back and have had no problems and the accuracy is still fine, so I'd say you're okay OP.
>>
>>30611914
I put a ham sandwich in the action, I thought it might be a more fun torture test than the usual mud & rocks
>>
>>30611931
I guess I'm in the clear then. Thanks for taking the time to check yours out man.
>>
>>30611676
I had that happen with my Century Bulgarian AK74, I kept shooting and my gun basically shot itself to death.

Receiver rails got so pitted and warped I just sold the fucking thing as a wallhanger.
>>
>>30611776
Yeah my century AK74 did that too.
>>
>>30611931
just checked mine too, op. wear marks in the same place, but maybe not as bad. It could be the pic. I've got 3000 through mine without a hiccup. it should be fine. Just keep an eye on it.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.